PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to BASS!

Junside
04-20-2011, 02:58 PM
I need some suggestions for some extreme bass songs. I just got some more speakers and a subwoofer.

Rebel
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Most ATR (All That Remains) songs contain sweet double bass pedals that sound amazing with a nice bass set up. Also, Parkway Drive has some nice bass. Disturbed and Godsmack are sick bass bands too.

DawnInfinity
04-20-2011, 03:29 PM
From reading this title I automatically knew that you were the author of this topic, Erik. :p

Potawto
04-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Most ATR (All That Remains) songs contain sweet double bass pedals that sound amazing with a nice bass set up. Also, Parkway Drive has some nice bass. Disturbed and Godsmack are sick bass bands too.

Especially this calling by atr

Junside
04-20-2011, 03:36 PM

I'm listening to all your suggestions now, and I'm gonna go listen to them in my car too. Very nice!

From reading this title I automatically knew that you were the author of this topic, Erik. :p

Am I that transparent? Or maybe you know me well by now. lol

DawnInfinity
04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Am I that transparent? Or maybe you know me well by now. lol
Maybe both. :rolleyes:

Junside
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe both. :rolleyes:

That's terrible! I must regain ambiguity... :o

My floor is shaking! I hope my amps don't blow within the first few hours of buying them lol

gnardog666
04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
playing bass is so much fun. hope u enjoy it like i do..

heres some bands to check out: dimmu borgir, amon amarth, all shall perish, and hatbreed. hope u like em.

Junside
04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
playing bass is so much fun. hope u enjoy it like i do..

heres some bands to check out: dimmu borgir, amon amarth, all shall perish, and hatbreed. hope u like em.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check all those bands out. :D

Hey my favorite band Maroon 5 had some bass songs. Wake Up Call and Give a Little More has some nice bass

mugen
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
maybe some bass test music? try D.J. Magic Mike or Bass Mechanic. Bass mechanic has some killer waves and tones. BE WARNED CAN BE DANGEROUS TO YOR EQUIPMENT. lol
btw whats ur setup?

apocketlegend
04-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I play the classical double bass, I'm very talented on it as well.

Tengotengo
04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
If you like trip-hop, try Portishead = Dummy and Massive Attack = Mezzanine. Metal? Well, you can't get much bassier than stoner metal. My pick du jour is Electric Wizard, specifically the song Funeralopolis. For speed/death/black, try Origin and Morbid Angel's 4th album, Domination. Also the original prog-death metal band, Death, has fretless bass noodlings. It's an old JCM900 tone on the guitars. Bands like Meshuggah are a shoe-in, as they're playing 8 and 9-string guitars. Try Divine Heresy as well, as the guitarist is one of the first players to use an 8 string.

for the BEST bass, it's anything from Morphine. Period.

I dunno nothin about no rap. Cept Beastie Boys. I know Check your Hear has some wild thumping going on.

Afrodite makes some stunningly deep jungle/drumnbass music.