PDA

View Full Version : why did the shield lose its stats?

red
04-20-2011, 04:35 PM
the shield of gratitude had 10 armor and 20 health, but now it has no stats. i cant say im not alittle disappointed.

Kossi
04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Especially since we got all the campaigns and we get THIS
sorry devs, i REALLY want infinite specs for people who bought all campaigns

Arterra
04-20-2011, 04:44 PM
it is for decoration... sheesh

red
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
it is for decoration... sheesh

if its for decor then why does the community and PL shield have stats?

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
They took away the stats for those too, if you had read the patch notes.

PvE dungeons that have level requirements should now only allow players of the correct level range to join
Fixed some cases where a skill would sometimes not show its effects/animations or reset its related timers on the client, when it still worked on the server.
Dead Slime should be correctly counting again for the Animated Slime quest in Balefort Sewers.
Added labels for the equipment slots (V indicates a vanity slot)
PL Shield, Community Shield, and Shield of Gratitude are now all vanity shield items and can be used to override the appearance of any equipped shield
All crafting turn-ins for the Mystery Weapons quests in Oasis Towne will now be handled by the Blacksmith next to Ramla. Please see him in order to make your Mystery Sword, Bow or Staff if you have the recipe and components.
Accounts that have logged in the past week that also created an account in April or May of 2010 are awarded the Founder's Helm. Check your stash for this exclusive item. Accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 that did not log in within the last week will be awarded the Founder's Helm when our Veteran Rewards system comes online in several weeks.
Changed the store information for Frozen Nightmares to correctly display the dungeon level requirement.
New accounts can now only create one character

End of message.

Major
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Lol ya unfortunately it lost its stats but it makes sense, since its vanity.

red
04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
well thats what i was worried about, thanks for clarifying

Protank
04-20-2011, 05:15 PM
bad for my twinks tho but still glad I have it

KaotiicxDream
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Price of: Shield of Gratitude:

"The number of plat u bought dungeons for" minus "The number of plats it costs to buy the expansions" = "the price.of the Shield of Gratitude".

That hurts doesn't it ?

I must have lost all of the stats due to it became a "Vanity" item just like the Community and PL shield.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Vanity made the most sense, so it would be useful for all, not just those with twinks. Also, now it doesn't give those twinks an edge in battle. I'm glad they chose this option, it's the most fair for all.
I just wish the elf version looked a bit more unique, like the bear's does. But this is at least a step in the right direction. Maybe they'll be nice enough to improve the design next?

Pharcyde
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
if its for decor then why does the community and PL shield have stats?

Because that is a huge huge HUUUGE acomplishment.

The shield we got is basically a vanity, it should not have stats. Thousands of players received the contributer shields, which is a big pvp advantage.

There are what? 15-20 total pl and community shields in the game? That is not gonna wreck twinking.

Conradin
04-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I think its a good idea- tho my lvl 10 no longer ha 50 armor ;(. Anyways alot more fair and usefull for non twinks.

DawnInfinity
04-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I personally love that they are now vanity.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Because that is a huge huge HUUUGE acomplishment.

The shield we got is basically a vanity, it should not have stats. Thousands of players received the contributer shields, which is a big pvp advantage.

There are what? 15-20 total pl and community shields in the game? That is not gonna wreck twinking.

All three are vanity now.

davidis57
04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Only option I could see would be an item for each class instead of a shield. like special rings one for mage, warrior, and archer.

Sigkill
04-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Because Everyone with the PL shield and Community Shield decided to complain......... that the Shield's stats were better the Pl shield. I totally agree with them as this shield was technically given to most of the game, while the people with the PL shield and Community Shield (Which deserves even more recognition then the Pl shield) actually worked for their prize. I miss the 20 armor and 10 hp, however its not worth whining about. I believe that the Shields stats should have been lowered or the PL shield and Community Shields' stats to be raised...

iOSJake
04-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I wish all of these cool unique items were tradable and not soulbound.

JaytB
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
I don't really see what the problem is. I agree that they should have thought better about it, and make it a vanity item in the first place. But then again, it's not like they HAD to give us anything. I'm happy with mine, with or without stats to be honest :)

As for the PL shield, in my personal opinion again, I think it deserved to have the stats and not be turned into a vanity item. It's quite the accomplishment to get one, so I feel it deserves to be more than just a vanity item.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't really see what the problem is. I agree that they should have thought better about it, and make it a vanity item in the first place. But then again, it's not like they HAD to give us anything. I'm happy with mine, with or without stats to be honest :)

As for the PL shield, in my personal opinion again, I think it deserved to have the stats and not be turned into a vanity item. It's quite the accomplishment to get one, so I feel it deserves to be more than just a vanity item.

I don't understand this whole "just a vanity item" concept. Vanity items allow you to look different than others while keeping the stats you already have. People pay real money for so many vanity items, and yet when they're free ones, people rather have them as twink equipment?
I never understood why the PL/Community shields weren't vanity items to begin with, and I assume it was just bc they didn't want to create a new slot just for that. But with the addition of more shields, I'm guessing they decided the time was right.
Many of us would have kept this thing in our stash if it stayed the way it was. Like this, more people can get use out of it.

Nightarcher
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Especially since we got all the campaigns and we get THIS
sorry devs, i REALLY want infinite specs for people who bought all campaigns

Well honestly, we bought the campaigns for the content, not hoping to get some sort of reimbursement. Accept it, it's a nice little vanity shield. ;)

Sigkill
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Well honestly, we bought the campaigns for the content, not hoping to get some sort of reimbursement. Accept it, it's a nice little vanity shield. ;)

Ditto..........................

Genes
04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Shield as vanity is better then shield with stats that can only be equipped on twinks. Good move IMO. I have a feel we will see more shields in months to come.

Riccits
04-21-2011, 12:52 AM
shields no stats but founders helm boots +5 armor and +5 dmg. thats a lot for my pvp bear

ultimateduck
04-21-2011, 02:34 AM
I love this sheild being vanity as I can actually wear it on my main account. Also if I equip it on top of a bow my archer holds it like a bow and the sheild shoots arrows which is AWESOME.

MrZeke
04-21-2011, 03:35 AM
good gift! i like the way it looks on my bow mage=)

Asgaut
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
In my opinion, none of the vanity items should have any stats, ever.

New players will always feel a step behind and will always be unable to be as good as those who have been playing the longest. Unique looks are cool, but even the smallest combat advantage just isn't fair. What if they limited the best shield in game to X amount? how would you feel knowing you could never get one? you'd feel punished for being the new guy, the second class citizen.

Just make it looks only, it caters to everyone.

Olli Walli
04-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I agree that this was the right decision. However, may I ask how many of you will now wear the shield?? =)

Pretty much this will just be an item that will sit on an alt char or in stash collecting dust. I know that I will probably never wear this as it really does not look good enough that I would choose it over my regular shield.

If they are going to take away the effects (which they should) atleast make the shield look good........

Riccits
04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
new player will allways be in advantage, they cant buy any holiday set, big luck, missed winter and halloween festival, missed droid antennae and all contests, 100% loot rate of caves and 50% rate of vyxxnar 50 any many older glitches and events....

Duped
04-21-2011, 01:00 PM
new player will allways be in advantage, they cant buy any holiday set, big luck, missed winter and halloween festival, missed droid antennae and all contests, 100% loot rate of caves and 50% rate of vyxxnar 50 any many older glitches and events....

Just how it is. Ricci is right. And this is coming from a guy who missed the winter, halloween and Valentines day stuff.

Asgaut
04-21-2011, 01:45 PM

This is all true. But something tells me the holiday items will be sold at various times every year, just as the holidays happen every year, lol. They just have to wait. But it's still obtainable. That was my point. Besides, collecting junk doesn't really have a social status associated with it, nor does it make your character more powerful.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
This is all true. But something tells me the holiday items will be sold at various times every year, just as the holidays happen every year, lol. They just have to wait. But it's still obtainable. That was my point. Besides, collecting junk doesn't really have a social status associated with it, nor does it make your character more powerful.

Except the Founder's Helm.

LEXA
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Makes perfect sense why shield lost its stats

Gaddy
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Frankly, I have not been all that impressed with STS since they moved to this new payment vector. Seems to me that they're jerking us all around with very little gratitude for our contributions to their success to this date.

I don't expect much, but an absolutely worthless shield with a bad color scheme isn't a "thank you", it's a... Well, it's something else.

Apostar
04-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I agree with Gaddy on this one. Why give an item and then make it a vanity item with no stats. I'm grateful to have been given one. But not so happy to find out that it's been stripped and given a vanity stat. I'm one who won't be wearing it very much now. Why not give all items like this status?

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree with Gaddy on this one. Why give an item and then make it a vanity item with no stats. I'm grateful to have been given one. But not so happy to find out that it's been stripped and given a vanity stat. I'm one who won't be wearing it very much now. Why not give all items like this status?

Because as evidenced by several threads with tons of comments, the people without them scream "not fair!" if they weren't around to get them or qualify for them. Not saying either way if it is fair or not, but it has been what's said in some way, shape or form.

Apostar
04-21-2011, 04:29 PM
You know Moogerfooger, I can understand to a degree on this, but they weren't here for these unvielings. But those of us who were; should get someting for this now that; that door has been opened. When I found out that I wasn't getting the founders helmet, I was okay with it; mainly because I had my shield of gratitude with it's specs. Not a bad thank you. Sometimes things like this need to be an Oh Well!, can't take it back; or shouldn't. I realize I'm the voice of the minority on this one; I can live with that too. But why make it a pink; if your just going to make it a vanity item? Thank you for your answer.

Riccits
04-22-2011, 01:08 AM

wich junk u mean? i would need the candy cane (winter festival pack)) for my lvl 10 mage.. i cant buy it anymore.. so all wich have it have an advantage i missed.. and i never complained..
dunno if the same festivals with the same items will return...

jaggedlilpill
04-22-2011, 01:28 AM
wich junk u mean? i would need the candy cane (winter festival pack)) for my lvl 10 mage.. i cant buy it anymore.. so all wich have it have an advantage i missed.. and i never complained..
dunno if the same festivals with the same items will return...

Is the candy cane a vanity item with stats that you can equip on top of all other slots? I think its a weapon right? Not vanity, so totally different from vanity items.

Riccits
04-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Is the candy cane a vanity item with stats that you can equip on top of all other slots? I think its a weapon right? Not vanity, so totally different from vanity items.

yep it is a weapon... i didnt speak about a vanity item but a item in general wich i cant buy anymore even i would really like to have. all ppl wich bought for theyr twink have the this advantage

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 04:14 AM
If it's a vanity does that mean if we wear the shield we can't wear Big Luck even though it's a shield vanity??? I wasn't in game when it lost its stats and now the servers are down so I have no clue about this. But that would make me not want to wear it at least.

Riccits
04-22-2011, 04:17 AM
If it's a vanity does that mean if we wear the shield we can't wear Big Luck even though it's a shield vanity??? I wasn't in game when it lost its stats and now the servers are down so I have no clue about this. But that would make me not want to wear it at least.

theres now a new vanity slot for vanity shields. u can wear now a vanity cap and shield at the same time

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Aite thanks for telling me haha... That seems fair and I wouldn't complain about that!