PDA

View Full Version : The Founder’s Helm and the idea of Veteran Rewards

Samhayne
04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
When the team envisioned the “Founder’s Helm” it was just as the name implies – a genuine thank you item for the people who have been with us since the very beginning. We have gone ahead with that concept. Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.

While discussing the idea of a unique show of gratitude for our original players, we touched upon the concept of Veteran Rewards. For those who aren’t familiar with a Veteran Rewards program, it is a system of giving rewards to accounts based on the age of the account. We really like the concept of rewarding our loyal players for sticking with Pocket Legends.

Rather than taking something like the Founders Helm and quickly turning it into a Veteran Reward, we’d rather take the time to do it right and create a more robust system of Veteran Rewards. We know that we would be nowhere without our fans.

superss
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
well said and i completely agree!

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Win.

/10chars

Non-founder Moog

Corpser
04-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Nice idea although I do like the founders helm lol

ratava
04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
I feel like quoting King Solomon... but Ill only say, thanks devs. you guys are legends!

Zeus
04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Allright, Samhayne. Sounds good. One question though. I thought April-June was getting a helm? I was in the June era and thought I was getting one, now I feel a bit let down. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Samhayne
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Allright, Samhayne. Sounds good. One question though. I thought April-June was getting a helm? I was in the June era and thought I was getting one, now I feel a bit let down. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

When asommers wrote

April and June

He meant from April 1 to June 1st (well actually midnight on May 31st). Our apologies for the confusion.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 05:18 PM
prehaps make the same shape for veteran reward but a dif colour maybe

Samhayne
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM

We didn't want to do that as it makes the Founder's Helm less special - and it's not that great of a Veteran Reward, because it's used for something else. That's why we're taking extra time to make the Veteran Rewards good.

Survivorfan
04-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I can't wait for the reward system!
And the Founder's Helm looks awesome btw

Echelong
04-20-2011, 05:44 PM
That's even better. Congratz to all founders!!!

Varking
04-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Well played and thank you for doing this. Nobody should be upset or offended by any of this. None of this impacts gameplay at all and it is just a nice showing by the developers. We all win.

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Well played and thank you for doing this. Nobody should be upset or offended by any of this. None of this impacts gameplay at all and it is just a nice showing by the developers. We all win.

Exactly. And gives us non-Founders something to look forward to.

Pharcyde
04-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Amazing! You know what would be a cool idea for Veteran rewards? People who have been around from day one should get their own special reward. It would be like the Crown of Persistence, but silver with a purple gem :).

Anyways, great job as usual!

Conradin
04-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Not Flamin phar but if you started on day 1 , those that did didnt actually do much between those who were on day 5 etc.

Martyntje
04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Just april and may idk when i started exceclty but i like the helm on my bear:)..
Maybe a veteran set? Sword and armor( like the craft guy in bs town) ^_^ that one is awesome..;)

Pharcyde
04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Not Flamin phar but if you started on day 1 , those that did didnt actually do much between those who were on day 5 etc.

Huh? sorry didn't catch quite what you were saying there.

TruePlayer
04-20-2011, 06:43 PM
First of all i want say thank you to the dev. Most other dev wouldnt care about there players, like last game i play inwhich i spent thousand of dollars and never gotten any kind of rewards. Well my idea for a reward program is players is in game reward which expired durimg a time limit. Players who spent a certain amout of time playing sould be rewarded with more luck. Rather then a player who just login once awhile and do one run and get drops. Also players who have played and spent there hard earn money and most important there time night and day playing sould be rewarded base on plats bought and time spent online. Rewards could be items that you can only get by playing for certain amount time like "founders helm" i know its our decision to buy plats but sould berewarded for showing support towards this great game.

Conradin
04-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Nvm phar im tired, not thinkin right. Anyways great idea true, ide like more luck ;)

Pharcyde
04-20-2011, 06:47 PM
First of all i want say thank you to the dev. Most other dev wouldnt care about there players, like last game i play inwhich i spent thousand of dollars and never gotten any kind of rewards. Well my idea for a reward program is players is in game reward which expired durimg a time limit. Players who spent a certain amout of time playing sould be rewarded with more luck. Rather then a player who just login once awhile and do one run and get drops. Also players who have played and spent there hard earn money and most important there time night and day playing sould be rewarded base on plats bought and time spent online. Rewards could be items that you can only get by playing for certain amount time like "founders helm" i know its our decision to buy plats but sould berewarded for showing support towards this great game.

Ow this would spark a huge debate, especially after the massive one over the very very small luck bonus from the st. Patricks day event.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Good decision. Credit where credit is due.

Klemen
04-20-2011, 06:59 PM
The helm looks so awesome, especally on my lvl 1 xD. Cant wait for more awesome veteran stuff comin (weapons, armors..?). Will all these stuff be level 1?

Iambirdman
04-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the helm devs I love it, feel really special to be here from the very beginning /cheers

DawnInfinity
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought April-June was getting a helm? I was in the June era and thought I was getting one, now I feel a bit let down. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Not gonna lie that's how I feel. I missed the cut by a week, but I'm happy that there will be Veteran Rewards.

Ayrilana
04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I love that it's a vanity item. Just a shame that the shield lost its stats.

Acyer
04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
As a droider id like to thank the devs for giving the founders a item to let them stand apart from the others grats guys and thanks for help sculpting a great game.

BTM
04-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi guys I just have question. I haven't played this game much. But when I saw that they gave the founders helm out I logged in and I saw a vanity helm section but I don't know how to equip it. There wasn't a helm there. I'm very nooby sorry but I don't know what to do. I joined in april of last year so yes I am a founder and I have bought platinum. Thanks

Lovenus
04-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Awesome! I LOVE this topic. I believe all the fans of Pocket Legends will love this too. *three cheers for Spacetime Studios* ^^

Arterra
04-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Maybe you can make it depend on join date... Summer joiners (June July and august) get AO themed special items and onward, winter joiners get alien themed items.

Or maybe more specified time slots for themes, to separate lost, swamps, AO, and space.

giayuan
04-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Wait i dont get it. So as the game progresses, there will be more items? veteran awards?

Ayrilana
04-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi guys I just have question. I haven't played this game much. But when I saw that they gave the founders helm out I logged in and I saw a vanity helm section but I don't know how to equip it. There wasn't a helm there. I'm very nooby sorry but I don't know what to do. I joined in april of last year so yes I am a founder and I have bought platinum. Thanks

It's in your stash assuming you've met the requirements to get it.

Zojak
04-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Lovin my helm, Thanks STS!!! You guys rock!

Riccits
04-21-2011, 12:45 AM
THANK U VERY MUCH FOR THE FOUNDERS HELM! :D

Iam so proud to wear it! Yesterday at the founders meeting i had one of the best feelings ever on PL! :D

PS: the +5 amor and dmg will love my pvp bear! ^^

Chant
04-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Thank you very much for the Founders Helm! Thanks Devs and everyone who made this happen!!! I love this game and I'm very grateful for all the friends I've met in game.

Darkfader
04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Hello devs!

I would like to see some sort of improvement on these helms. I tested helm on bird and mage and those didn't really look any special. On bear its awesome and would like to see some sort of different style on bird and mage too. Something what stop everyone eyes when you walk in, glow + red sparkling would be very very awesome.

And thanks for remembering us old farts with this nice helm. :) It's been very nice year with you.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 05:00 AM
THANK U VERY MUCH FOR THE FOUNDERS HELM! :D

Iam so proud to wear it! Yesterday at the founders meeting i had one of the best feelings ever on PL! :D

PS: the +5 amor and dmg will love my pvp bear! ^^

Wow they're vanity AND have an extra 5 armor and damage? Dang...

Actona679
04-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Thank you Pocket Legends! I am so happy to be with you from the early days. You are the best!

Wrap
04-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Nicely done! Good work :)

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:18 AM
So I'm assuming by Sam Haynes post that Droid users will be excluded? Just want a confirmation, let's leave the talk about "deserve" and "not deserve" and the whining about how unfair it would be to the other threads that were mired by them already.

CONGRATS to those that received them and wear it proudly! :)

Snakespeare
04-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Not gonna lie that's how I feel. I missed the cut by a week, but I'm happy that there will be Veteran Rewards.
Me too... i believe the active June joiners make up another dozen or so. Ranged, you, me, Ladylove, Haikus, Powtato, icantgetkills, Apocolypze. I have to agree with the decision, however. The founders were here when I got here and there was already a solid community because of them.

It would really have been an honor to be included with them, but deep inside I would have felt that I didn't really belong.

Samhayne
04-21-2011, 09:42 AM
So I'm assuming by Sam Haynes post that Droid users will be excluded? Just want a confirmation, let's leave the talk about "deserve" and "not deserve" and the whining about how unfair it would be to the other threads that were mired by them already.

CONGRATS to those that received them and wear it proudly! :)

Hi Kallima,

When the team was talking about the Founder's Helm, it was in terms of "Let's give something to the folks who've been with us from the very beginning" rather than "lets give something to Apple users and not to Droid users." We're looking forward to getting a system of Veteran Rewards out to everyone to thank them for sticking with the game over the months and years.

BlazeMystic
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I think its a really nice idea and a very kind offer to founders and veterans alike.

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the response! It is appreciated and looking forward to the veterans system!

Duped
04-21-2011, 10:48 AM

Or maybe the same shape, size, and color, but the little tag on the inside says "veteran" instead of founders :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

arischal
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Kallima,

When the team was talking about the Founder's Helm, it was in terms of "Let's give something to the folks who've been with us from the very beginning" rather than "lets give something to Apple users and not to Droid users." We're looking forward to getting a system of Veteran Rewards out to everyone to thank them for sticking with the game over the months and years.

Sooo does this mean November droiders aren't gonna get founders helm? Or do they get a Droid version/ veterans helm? Either way I'm happy with my shield and possible vet. items

Twinrova
04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Wish i started earlier.... sob

apocketlegend
04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Is it possible to find out exactly when I joined PL? Bc I joined sometime in the summer but I can't remember exactly

Caninusi
04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
The founders helm and veterans helm are great ideas. I've been here since late June and can't wait to see the veterans helm. Congrats to everyone who received founders helms and thanks devs for making this all happen.

Tvis
04-21-2011, 07:13 PM
With this Veteran's Rewards Program, it sounds like there will be more items coming. Will items continue to be made and added in updates every now-and-then?

Leonadritia
04-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi there, im relatively new to Pl and im glad i came here.
I have playedvmany many mmo's in my time and im all for supporting rewards to those who have gone the distance and been loyal to their games.
I think its brilliant that these rewards are implemented. It shouldnt matter what platform etc you are gaming from, it soulr simply reflect time served.
In my opinion its a token gesture - a pat on the back so to speak, to those who have earned it.
Well done and congratulations to anyone receiving them , Respect where its due.

Prest87
04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Thx devs u rock!!!!

jaggedlilpill
04-22-2011, 01:03 AM

Actually it does affect gameplay there are stat bonuses on the helm.

Ahshouall
04-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey guys (n gals) just wanted to thank the devs for the founders helm, the shield of gratitude and the thought going into the vetrans rewards:) mayb a good luck ring or maybe even a minion would b awesome:) id love a wolf. Lol

Colborne
04-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I just wanted to say if I wouldve known about pocket legends when it came out I woulda got it in a heartbeat like the day I found it. I felt like a kid in a candy shop. The only unfortunate part is I didn't get it in time for helm. I found game early November 2010. :( I think giving the founders helm to the ppl who started firs trap months is a good idea. Cause they are the ones who deserve the "founders" helm. Xactly what it's named. Good Job guys. I wish I could share in ur experience:)

nmyxspaceship
04-23-2011, 01:27 PM
This sounds awesome and i heard that its also for the players that have played for six months and i wanted to know when it is being released.

Apocolypze
04-23-2011, 01:29 PM
This sounds awesome and i heard that its also for the players that have played for six months and i wanted to know when it is being released.
Umm it was only for April-May players and were all ready given out

Durnam
04-23-2011, 01:42 PM
post edited
D: some how i posted in the wrong topic...

Rebel
04-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Both the helm and the shield look amazing. STS, you have been great, and I'm sure you will always keep up the awesome work. Thank you!

NECROREAPER
04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Ah I missed the cut off by a week!!!

Bugger :/

Sanatorium
04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
So let me get this ALL straight.
What are the EXACT dates the iOS users will receive it, April or May of 2010, April 1 - May 1, correct?
What are the EXACT dates the Android users will receive it?
Also, will everyone who reaches the 6 month mark (or however long it is) receive the helm as well?
I'm just trying to get confusion out of the way.
An answer from a dev would be great to confirm it exactly how it is.
Thanks.

Martyntje
04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Good idea, i love it;) why isnt the graduate shield like gemstone shield for bears;) would be awesome..
I hope i get more veteran things haha^_^

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
So let me get this ALL straight.
What are the EXACT dates the iOS users will receive it, April or May of 2010, April 1 - May 1, correct?
What are the EXACT dates the Android users will receive it?
Also, will everyone who reaches the 6 month mark (or however long it is) receive the helm as well?
I'm just trying to get confusion out of the way.
An answer from a dev would be great to confirm it exactly how it is.
Thanks.

I think it's supposed to stay just April-June 1st... I hope.

Sanatorium
04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I think it's supposed to stay just April-June 1st... I hope.
Either way I THINK anyone who reaches the 6 month mark (or however long it is :p) will receive it :D.
Charm points, please?
Hahaha :P.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
i want one so bad i will sell my car for it but i still think 6 months is a lot of waiting XD

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Either way I THINK anyone who reaches the 6 month mark (or however long it is :p) will receive it :D.
Charm points, please?
Hahaha :P.

Lol no charm points because it is a FOUNDERS helm. If they made it for everyone who played within the first 6 months, it wouldn't be a FOUNDERS helm, it would be more like a VETERANS helm. The founders are those who were there in the very beginning that really got PL running. Weve been around for it all.

Greyhorse
04-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Well, I 'found' Pocket Legends right after I got my first smartphone (a Droid X), so when can I expect my finder's fee?

*walks away whistling*

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
... I THINK anyone who reaches the 6 month mark ... will receive it

Incorrect this time. The devs changed their minds. Only the April and May joiners got it, and it's over and done with. Nobody else will ever get it. Only the Founders got the Founder's helm. Not even the people who were originally supposed to get it when they said April-June. That apparently was a mistake and they only meant June 1st.

Wolfling
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Lol no charm points because it is a FOUNDERS helm. If they made it for everyone who played within the first 6 months, it wouldn't be a FOUNDERS helm, it would be more like a VETERANS helm. The founders are those who were there in the very beginning that really got PL running. Weve been around for it all.

dang ms. lady, i didnt realize that i had a whole month on you... i thought you were around when myst and i joined... at my age my memory has a much more finite shelf life;) anyways gratz to the devs for the concept for this awesome helm, and to all of those o.g. players like myself, ( well technically rhuagh... i created wolfling at mysts's urging back when we were waiting what seemed like forever for "swamps" to be released...), however many of us there are left;) cheers matey!!!

StompArtist
04-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Incorrect this time. The devs changed their minds. Only the April and May joiners got it, and it's over and done with. Nobody else will ever get it. Only the Founders got the Founder's helm. Not even the people who were originally supposed to get it when they said April-June. That apparently was a mistake and they only meant June 1st.

I don't know anymore. Seems like there is a lot of "change" going around these days.

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 05:14 PM
dang ms. lady, i didnt realize that i had a whole month on you... i thought you were around when myst and i joined... at my age my memory has a much more finite shelf life;) anyways gratz to the devs for the concept for this awesome helm, and to all of those o.g. players like myself, ( well technically rhuagh... i created wolfling at mysts's urging back when we were waiting what seemed like forever for "swamps" to be released...), however many of us there are left;) cheers matey!!!

Over in the "June Bug" thread she said that she DL'd the game in April but didn't actually join until June. That's gotta sting! Ranged did, too.

Wolfling
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Over in the "June Bug" thread she said that she DL'd the game in April but didn't actually join until June. That's gotta sting! Ranged did, too.

this would be a great place for this quote ;) besides in dawn's sig...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Rangepwnsmeel
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -snaps fingers and swings hips-

Zeus
04-26-2011, 06:10 PM
this would be a great place for this quote ;) besides in dawn's sig...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Rangepwnsmeel
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -snaps fingers and swings hips-

LAWL! I was eating and started spluttering. Good job!

Wolfling
04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
LAWL! I was eating and started spluttering. Good job!

betcha just knew that would come back to haunt you some day, didntcha? ;)

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM

Haha no. I started playing PL in mid-April. I didn't join the FORUM till June. I've got a founders helm :)

Colborne
04-26-2011, 07:37 PM

I couldn't agree with this statement any more. I've spent over 50$ on platinum. And played every day since November 2010. Sometimes up to five hours a night. Ya I'm addicted. But then u get some ppl who got game when it came out. Who barely play and maybe in whole time playing spent 10$ on platinum. But still get the founders stuff. I love this game and will keep playing regadless of what devs do to change it. But it's a let down when ppl like me don't get noticed. I'm an avid pl player and will always be:) thanks for everything devs. Keep up good work:)

Lesrider
04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't know anymore. Seems like there is a lot of "change" going around these days.

Stomp, you and I should start the Anti-Change Movement!

TheLaw
04-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Perhaps the Veteran Rewards system may consist of a full set of vanity? Or perhaps a nice vanity helm and shield? :)

Ravage
04-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Well, I created my account in July of 2010. Does that mean I will be receiving the founder's helm at a later date, or is this just for those who created their account in May and April?

davidis57
04-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Devs are not saying veteran awards will be a helm. They have not put the veterans award system in place yet. As far as we know veterans awards could be anything. The founders helm is for the players who played the first few months. I am an android user I am not upset about it. Life goes on.

blooper
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Ok but now isn't a veterans award but an iPhones award, i started play with android at novenber and i've bought the firsts 800 plats when this game wasn't present on android market here on europe, searching and installing manually the apks for over 2 months. Now the shield of gratitude become 0 def (after lvl1 20 armor, useful for a new character), and we firsts android players, regardless of the number of hours or platinum spent, nothing.

AkoSiPinoy
04-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Hmm I'm curious about what we will be getting for having been with pocket legends.. like if we have founders helm and shield of gratitude, will there be an armor piece that could give it a set bonus? LOL

lUp3
04-30-2011, 06:39 AM
I want a founders helm!!! xD.. I think the game started for android around november. Will end of december be good enuf for a helm?

apocketlegend
04-30-2011, 07:57 AM
I joined in July 3 :( 3 days earlier and I would get a helm....

Nutslammer
05-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Lol I've had my account for 9 months and I still got no founders helm

vulgarstrike
06-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I didn't log in during that week ): could I still get this helm?

Otukura
06-08-2011, 09:04 PM

I think they decided to give it to everyone in April & May, June was not included. Did you create your game account at least a week before your forum account?

DawnInfinity
06-08-2011, 09:06 PM
They only gave it to eligible people who were recently active, I think.

Otukura
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
They only gave it to eligible people who were recently active, I think.

Really? I thought that was their first plan.. going to look it up now.

KingFu
06-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Stay active for a week and you should get it I think, or email support.

DawnInfinity
06-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Really? I thought that was their first plan.. going to look it up now.

OFf the top of my head it was eligible people logging in within maybe 2-3 weeks? They then changed the eligibility requirements.

Otukura
06-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Checked the first 3 pages of announcements, couldn't find it.

@vulgar, send a report to support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing (at) with an @.

KingFu
06-08-2011, 09:17 PM
James didn't get one, but after he was active for a week or two one was rewarded.

JNass
06-10-2011, 01:01 AM
What about us droid users who had to wait?

kinawarrior
06-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I didn't get to log in during that period when it was given out, any chance I can get it now? I'm not sure I was a member back then or not, but I might have been, it'll be close :)

And, an idea for a reward taken from my EQ days is a once a day reward. For being in PL for x amount of time, you get to use the 30min trash can punch once a day, for X amount of time you get a 15 min one, x amount of time you get a 5 min one, etc.

Griazity
06-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Iv only been playing since february so i was definitely not getting the foundrs helm lol but i do like the idea of a veteran reward system. Loyalty should be rewarded in a game like this and its good to see its not going to be rushed.

IceCoffie
06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I like the idea. But im lvl 55 and i have been playing pocket legends for about 8 months and i dont plan on stoping anytime soon with the new doungens and lvl caps.

Samhayne
06-27-2011, 08:59 PM
To reiterate, the Founder's Helm is only granted to Pocket Legends accounts that were created in April or May of 2010.

Pharcyde
06-27-2011, 09:01 PM
To reiterate, the Founder's Helm is only granted to Pocket Legends accounts that were created in April or May of 2010.

Thankyou very much Samhayne!

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 09:03 PM

So did sts mean with this facebook message some sort of upcoming VETERAN reward system?

Pharcyde
06-27-2011, 09:06 PM
So did sts mean with this facebook message some sort of upcoming VETERAN reward system?

Perhaps. Spacetime already mentioned that they have veteran rewards planned, but they haven't really told us any release dates, or if they have even started working on them yet. Maybe the veteran vanity helm will be a oldschool roleback item? ZOMG!!! Bobble Head vanity's!! Just like the old days!!!!!!!

Violentsaint
06-28-2011, 07:52 AM
I think it would be awesome if the founders helm on Mage looked like the helm on the bear. The mages founders helm is more of a founders tiara..

Derajdefyre
06-28-2011, 08:13 AM
How about an Android Founder's helm for people who don't own an iOS device but who started in the very first week of the Android release? Except I would never ever wear it even if it had double the stats because seriously Android Costume. Speaking of stats, let's talk about how unfair it is to have stats on an exclusive vanity item. I'm kidding, let's please not talk about that (but it is unfair).

noobmigo
06-28-2011, 08:26 AM
How about an Android Founder's helm for people who don't own an iOS device but who started in the very first week of the Android release? Except I would never ever wear it even if it had double the stats because seriously Android Costume. Speaking of stats, let's talk about how unfair it is to have stats on an exclusive vanity item. I'm kidding, let's please not talk about that (but it is unfair).

M8, don't git me started...

Buddyf97
06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
M8, don't git me started...

Agreed... That's great... I stopped playing for a bit because of the android release... My ping would go through the roof and there we kids that had no clue what they we doing.

noobmigo
06-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Agreed... That's great... I stopped playing for a bit because of the android release... My ping would go through the roof and there we kids that had no clue what they we doing.

They were horrible at the beginning, but they probably surpass us skill wise, now.

Derajdefyre
06-28-2011, 11:56 AM
iOS devices are for people who A) Want simplicity and B) Have money. Generally people who want simplicity don't want to get deep into the mechanics of what separates hardcore gamers from casual gamers. So it wouldn't surprise me IF it were the case that the "best" players were on Android, but that is a lot of broad generalizations.

Snakespeare
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Well, maybe when there is a one-year anniversary of the Android release, anyone who was here on day 1 and is still here would merit some sort of veteran reward. But to talk about it a mere half year later, when the Founders (I missed it by ten days) are people who were still playing a year later, is to miss the point completely. They saw a LOT of change. The first few months was a learning process for STS as well as the players. Those who stuck through it all and were here on the first anniversary are the Faithful and deserve their reward. It's not the same thing, at least until a year is up.

Many people abandoned the devs through their learning process, rage quitting over stupid stuff that they took very seriously. Those who stayed are special folks. Give them their due. They paved the way for the rest of us. I don't think porting the game, now fully operational, to a new OS automatically creates a new batch of founders. When they port if to PC or some consoles, will those people become founders? I don't think so. But after a certain amount of time, veteran rewards are cool, and I'm looking forward to them.

Usceiater
06-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, maybe when there is a one-year anniversary of the Android release, anyone who was here on day 1 and is still here would merit some sort of veteran reward. But to talk about it a mere half year later, when the Founders (I missed it by ten days) are people who were still playing a year later, is to miss the point completely. They saw a LOT of change. The first few months was a learning process for STS as well as the players. Those who stuck through it all and were here on the first anniversary are the Faithful and deserve their reward. It's not the same thing, at least until a year is up.

Many people abandoned the devs through their learning process, rage quitting over stupid stuff that they took very seriously. Those who stayed are special folks. Give them their due. They paved the way for the rest of us. I don't think porting the game, now fully operational, to a new OS automatically creates a new batch of founders. When they port if to PC or some consoles, will those people become founders? I don't think so. But after a certain amount of time, veteran rewards are cool, and I'm looking forward to them.

+1..... I'm fully agree with this. I'm not even close to being eligible for any reward but I do know that being there in the beginning is nothing like coming in after most of the bugs have been straightened out.

Samhayne
06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey gang,

We know there's a lot of interest in the Founder's Helm and the idea of Veteran's Rewards. However, right now the team is really focused on getting the new content and features for Pocket Legends ready and shipping Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. We haven't forgotten about Veteran's Rewards - on the contrary, we really like the idea of them, but they are a bit behind some of our bigger agenda items in work right now.

MoarPewPew
06-28-2011, 01:15 PM

Well said Snake. Honestly I find the entire matter ridiculous. Giving the founder helm to "anyone" would make its worthless. But i can see why people are upset. People should try to be satisfied with what they have and make the best of it.

Conradin
06-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey gang,

We know there's a lot of interest in the Founder's Helm and the idea of Veteran's Rewards. However, right now the team is really focused on getting the new content and features for Pocket Legends ready and shipping Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. We haven't forgotten about Veteran's Rewards - on the contrary, we really like the idea of them, but they are a bit behind some of our bigger agenda items in work right now.

Any chance of a date for your PL update Sam?

Samhayne
06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Any chance of a date for your PL update Sam?

When it is ready? :D

Aculeas
06-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanx for clearing that up Sam I know it's been a question a lot of people have been asking and it's good to know the Devs HAVE NOT forgotten about a veterans reward system.

Maybe as an added bonus you can leak some idea you guys were kickin' around... for the reward system that is. >_>

Derajdefyre
06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
When it is ready? :D

So what you're saying is that the next PL update is happening at the EXACT SAME TIME as every PL update. It boggles the mind.

Snakespeare
06-28-2011, 06:21 PM
I figured, the devs are like our wizards, soooooo......

A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Weak_Sauce
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM

I would wear a vanity halo ...:)

AmongDemons
08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Started pl roughly 4/15/10 and no helm :D!

Cahaun
08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I started to become an STS player in November. I have been with them ever since...

CanonicalKoi
08-08-2011, 09:22 PM
To quote Sam from upthread:

We haven't forgotten about Veteran's Rewards - on the contrary, we really like the idea of them, but they are a bit behind some of our bigger agenda items in work right now.

So sounds to me like let them get SL and the PL update off their plate and then they'll have time to work on the veterans rewards amongst other things.

ETA: And AmongDemons? The first post of the thread, made April 20th, says:

Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.
(bolding added) If you think you were logged in at some point during the week of April 20th, you could try popping an email off to the Devs at support(at)spacetimestudios.com, replacing (at) with @, of course.

AmongDemons
08-08-2011, 11:56 PM
No real big problem, I just found it odd that some (roomate included) started playing the first week or so didn't get it. But thanks, I appreciate the advice and I will do so :) thanks again!

nakedspacemonkey
08-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Awesome. Im already an addict, so yeah, keep me coming back with even more goodies. he he. I love you guys and girls.

thefirehawk
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
if we have been with you for a long time and have multiple characters with some with 50+ levels shouldnt that make us eligable for founders helm and if it does how do we get it

Kraze
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
if we have been with you for a long time and have multiple characters with some with 50+ levels shouldnt that make us eligable for founders helm and if it does how do we get it
Please re read op before opening this can of worms again

thefirehawk
08-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Please re read op before opening this can of worms again just trying to understand this thread

Nick41324
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
So whenever our accounts hit 6months we get the helm? I'm confused :/

Archey
10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
So whenever our accounts hit 6months we get the helm? I'm confused :/

Sorry but they changed it so you have to of played game in April of 2010

Slush
10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
People still posting in this thread, wow.

Nick41324
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
People still posting in this thread, wow.
People meaning... Just me lol

LoveMadrid
10-05-2011, 02:36 AM
I began playing and registered last Octobor/November O.o how come i never heard of this?

protectorofnoobs
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
lol i registered in june T.T

XghostzX
10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I love this! Considering I have the founders helm haha

Whirlzap
10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I began playing and registered last Octobor/November O.o how come i never heard of this?
You were inactive on forums.

Also to everyone else, I'll make myself clear.

THE DEVELOPERS ALREADY GAVE OUT THE HELMS. IF YOU DID NOT GET ONE SORRY YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET ONE.
PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT IT. YOU WERE TOO LATE SORRY.

People, next time, read the last few pages before posting-.-

Xymorg
10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Any update on veteran's helm's?

I just passed a year as part of the lost generation: post-Mynas, pre-droid :)

Yay me & Theimmortalnoob ! (actually he was probably on his second run, but he's one I remember from my firs days in FH)

I'm not a big forum guy, but I had seen this thread & thought it would be in place 5 months later when I would be eligible... No big deal, just wondering about the status :)

Pakax
10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
---

hawkingcrazy
11-19-2011, 02:57 AM
Not sure if this was asked or brought up and maybe I should know better. Ive been playing PL on android for awhile now since before sewers were out but I never came on forum site will this affect my ability to recieve Vet awards

hawkingcrazy
11-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Not asking for hand out just future reference so I wont miss out.

adidaman
11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Still waiting on this

Tvis
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Not sure if this was asked or brought up and maybe I should know better. Ive been playing PL on android for awhile now since before sewers were out but I never came on forum site will this affect my ability to recieve Vet awards

Nope :) Don't have to be a forum member to receive the veteran rewards

Dark Avenger
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
so any news on veteran awards? im pretty curious especially since im coming up on my year mark ;)

Fao
11-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Nicely said!

Hellfire
02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
When the team envisioned the “Founder’s Helm” it was just as the name implies – a genuine thank you item for the people who have been with us since the very beginning. We have gone ahead with that concept. Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.

While discussing the idea of a unique show of gratitude for our original players, we touched upon the concept of Veteran Rewards. For those who aren’t familiar with a Veteran Rewards program, it is a system of giving rewards to accounts based on the age of the account. We really like the concept of rewarding our loyal players for sticking with Pocket Legends.

Rather than taking something like the Founders Helm and quickly turning it into a Veteran Reward, we’d rather take the time to do it right and create a more robust system of Veteran Rewards. We know that we would be nowhere without our fans.

Well said.

Warlord0520
03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
My account created in 2010-04-09 and i dont have founders helm, i stopped playing for a few years. i can provide info to a Moderator,
-thanks

Jig
03-14-2014, 03:30 AM
Hmm this sounds promising, thanks sam <3