PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude shield has a problem..

omerojs
04-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi Devs, first off thx for the great game and for all your efforts!!
no about my topic... i think the gratitude shield "Broke" lol....
well i was playing yesterday and it had armor of 20 which was really cool.. it was a way to compensate for us who paid for the game vs the new people who wont have to pay for all the main dungeons... how was it an advantage for us.. well the shield was useless for my high lvl character because 20 armor is not enough to replace my current shield, but it was good for my new bear.. it would help me lvl up faster because i wouldnt die so easy... so i guess free game and nice shield were leveled...
but this morning i wanted to check the CS and there u go.. an upgrade to break my shield.. now it is really useless.. it gives no armor at all..
i really consider that you should rethink the gratitude idea and get it back the way it was !!

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Vanity makes more sense for more people.
Not everyone has twinks or low level chars to use it on. And for those that did, it gave an unfair advantage in pvp.
I'm glad the devs listened and made all three shields vanity items.

Major
04-20-2011, 08:03 PM
They changed it to having no stats b/c it is a vanity item. I know they kinda gave us false hope but it's changed and in the long run having vanity gear will be awesome. Sorry but we just have to get used to it.

Physiologic
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
It's quite a good change IMO, these shields should not have given an advantage to some players over others (especially when only the PL shield and Comm shield were out).

omerojs
04-21-2011, 03:11 AM
i dont see why not, the shield was given as a gratitude for paying for the game that now is kind of free... so a little advantage over new users is not bad.. besides is not trade-able so only the one who got will use it... ok, maybe armor 20 was too much, but 5 or 6 like the rings...

Necrobane
04-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Makes no sense for their to be a vanity shield. What about 2h weapons. I think it should be something like a PL logo on their clothing or something ya know?

MAlandM
04-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Makes no sense for their to be a vanity shield. What about 2h weapons. I think it should be something like a PL logo on their clothing or something ya know?

^^^ Totally agree... Which leads onto some guy's thread about shields on your back!