PDA

View Full Version : Vanity helms still appear when hide helm is checked

Sun
04-21-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's intended, but when I check the "hide helm" button in the options menu it doesn't hide my vanity helm. My normal helm is already hidden by the vanity. I just wish selecting the hide helm feature would make it look like you're wearing no helm at all.

Formora
04-21-2011, 06:32 AM
You could unequip the vanity helm. Although you'd lose 1 armor.

Survivorfan
04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
The whole point of vanity is a helm that you could wear that looks cool. I don't know why you would want to hide it.

Mr.Wallace
04-21-2011, 06:46 AM
The whole point of vanity is a helm that you could wear that looks cool. I don't know why you would want to hide it.
To secretly look cool! :-p

Major
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Ya the hide helm option hides your 'helmet', the vanity will show no matter what if you have it on. We need a hide vanity button, especially for the big luck vanity, cuz it helps but doesn't look so hot lol.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Ya the hide helm option hides your 'helmet', the vanity will show no matter what if you have it on. We need a hide vanity button, especially for the big luck vanity, cuz it helps but doesn't look so hot lol.

When Big Luck came out, those of us who didn't like it, protested that it shouldnt be permanent so everyone won't be wearing clovers all the time.
Everyone else said "nooooo we only wear it for bosses anyway." Now everyone wants to hide it.

People here never seize to amaze me.

Major
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
When Big Luck came out, those of us who didn't like it, protested that it shouldnt be permanent so everyone won't be wearing clovers all the time.
Everyone else said "nooooo we only wear it for bosses anyway." Now everyone wants to hide it.

Lol well you have to remember lesrider, everyone has there own opinion on everything. The forums are here for all of us to express our opinions, so the devs can get a better idea of what they can do to make the game better for all of us.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Lol well you have to remember lesrider, everyone has there own opinion on everything. The forums are here for all of us to express our opinions, so the devs can get a better idea of what they can do to make the game better for all of us.

I know everyone has an opinion. And my opinion is that you all asked for Big Luck effects to be permanent, now live with that choice. Wear it or don't wear it.
Apparently this new Founder's Helm has bonus stats as well. I suppose when the Founders get bored of it, they, too, will ask to be able to hide their vanity items?
It's never good enough for people to have an edge -- they always have to have more.

Personally, I'm worried about where all this "vanity item with stats" thing is leading. I think a big bad can of worms was opened when vanity items started becoming more than just vanity items. Next people will want to be able to wear 4 different vanity helms but hide them all so they can have the stats from each.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 09:02 AM

Some people should have a hammer spring out of their keyboard and whack them between the eyes for some of their posts, but we will have to wait for that to happen.

And I don't remember THAT many people not wanting to hide Big Luck. The majority of people said it looked dumb, if I recall.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Some people should have a hammer spring out of their keyboard and whack them between the eyes for some of their posts, but we will have to wait for that to happen.

And I don't remember THAT many people not wanting to hide Big Luck. The majority of people said it looked dumb.

Whether they thought it was dumb or not, they felt the effects were worth it to wear a clover on their heads, and said it's ok bc they'll only wear it for bosses.
I just wish people would stand by the choices they make and not keep expecting everything to change for them because they didn't think it through when they first "voted" on something.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Who cares? If someone wants to hide their vanity, let them if the devs add a feature for it. I could give a rat's *** less if someone initially said "no don't hide it" and then later changed their mind. Doesn't affect me personally or my game.

As far as adding stats for vanity items, as in skill attributes like str, armor, etc, I say keep it as 0/1 armor like I think you have implied the whole time. If they want to release items like Big Luck that have a slight elixir-type boost, make them fairly pricey (like they did for Big Luck)...but I don't know if we will see anything like that again after the uproar that caused.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Who cares? If someone wants to hide their vanity, let them if the devs add a feature for it. I could give a rat's *** less if someone initially said "no don't hide it" and then later changed their mind. Doesn't affect me personally or my game.

As far as adding stats for vanity items, as in skill attributes like str, armor, etc, I say keep it as 0/1 armor. If they want to release items like Big Luck that have a slight elixir-type boost, make them fairly pricey (like they did for Big Luck)...but I don't know if we will see anything like that again after the uproar that caused.

Isn't the Founder's helm a vanity with bonus stats? I can't seem to get a clear answer from anyone.
If it is, then they're already headed further in that direction.
I just think it's silly to be able to hide your vanity helm as well. If you want the extra stats from it, live with how it looks. Otherwise just wear a ring.
I feel like we're gonna end up with a new set of equipment -- soon people will be wearing three helms/shields, etc at a time -- the regular one, one for extra stats, and one for looks. It's all getting pretty silly. I wish vanity had been left as vanity.

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes founders helm is +5 for armor, but let's not forget they "deserve" it. And if you happen to forget there will be hordes of them reminding you because don't you know they are entitled to it.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes founders helm is +5 for armor, but let's not forget they "deserve" it. And if you happen to forget there will be hordes of them reminding you because don't you know they are entitled to it.

+5 damage AND +5 armor.
So of course more vanity items with bonus stats will be coming out to appease the rest of us who didn't get the Founder's Helm. And then everyone will want to hide their helms because they don't like the look of it but still want the bonus stats.
And so it begins.

Riccits
04-21-2011, 09:34 AM
immagine lvl 15 dex bear with dmg ring and this hat :)

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh btw, I still sport my big luck! Do I like the look post St. Party's day? No, but do I like the chance at a re-roll? You betcha so it's staying on me head for a LONG time and I don't want it hidden, I really don't get why anyone would want something hidden they purchased. Only reason I can think of is so they look like other players but with boosters that give them an advantage. So when they PVP and kill a noob, the noob attributes the kill to skill versus advantage.

Sun
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
immagine lvl 15 dex bear with dmg ring and this hat :)

That's me, except leveel 10. Yeah the main reason I asked this question is because of the founders helm. I want to keep the bonuses but it makes me look kind of goofy. If its such a big deal though I can live with it

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
And for those who think +5 doesn't make a big difference, I'll remind you of Phys's equations after the GCD -- The devs thought +5 damage was a big enough change to make the GCD runs faster.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Isn't the Founder's helm a vanity with bonus stats? I can't seem to get a clear answer from anyone.
If it is, then they're already headed further in that direction.
I just think it's silly to be able to hide your vanity helm as well. If you want the extra stats from it, live with how it looks. Otherwise just wear a ring.
I feel like we're gonna end up with a new set of equipment -- soon people will be wearing three helms/shields, etc at a time -- the regular one, one for extra stats, and one for looks. It's all getting pretty silly. I wish vanity had been left as vanity.

Once again, that's just your opinion....I could care less if someone wants to hide their vanity. It doesn't affect my game whatsoever. Nor if they have different sets for looks, etc.

+5 armor is chump change in PvE. I can't/won't speak for PvP or twinking. If it is a huge deal, simply disable the +5 in PvP.

Olli Walli
04-21-2011, 09:42 AM
It is getting out of hand. As far as hiding the looks... I say no way. You choose to wear it or not. If you don't like the looks, don't wear it. That should just be the way it is.

As for the added stats. I think this is total garbage. I received the shield, but I think it is pretty close to cheating in pvp. Add on a helm with added bonuses..... just plain weak. I was just getting into pvp before all of this happened. Now I really don't want to continue with pvp due to all of the added bonuses that only a portion of people are able to obtain. Just because people were some of the first to play does not mean that they should receive a permanent edge over all other players.

As les stated, this is setting a bad presedence. Heading down the wrong road IMO.

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
@ Mooger It may not affect your game but if you twink at at low levels it gives them a DRASTIC advantage. Are they invincible, no. But is it unfair, yes. The rings I have no issue with as ALL players can purchase it. The shield was nerfed so they should nerd the helm as well. It's fair play.

Riccits
04-21-2011, 09:46 AM
And for those who think +5 doesn't make a big difference, I'll remind you of Phys's equations after the GCD -- The devs thought +5 damage was a big enough change to make the GCD runs faster.

yep in pvp every hit has a + of 5dmg on every shot and skill. that means at least a + of 40dmg(?) after some attacks and -40dmg from the opponent. and in pvp u often stay alive by a hair...
in lvl 15 pvp the diffences in % are way bigger. my bear has tought amor 20 and after 25, so 25% more then before.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I always gets confused with these conflicting messages we get from the devs. They make the shields all vanity items to make things fair, and with the same update, they give a select few another vanity item that gives them an edge. I just don't get it.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
@ Mooger It may not affect your game but if you twink at at low levels it gives them a DRASTIC advantage. Are they invincible, no. But is it unfair, yes. The rings I have no issue with as ALL players can purchase it. The shield was nerfed so they should nerd the helm as well. It's fair play.

I don't PvP very much, but I already said/suggested, if it is a big deal, disable the bonus for PvP. I guess you missed that part/suggestion.

I didn't know it had bonus stats before Les said it, but still doesn't change my stance that I could care less if someone wants to have the option to hide it, like the hide hat option. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and no one is "right" or "wrong", but I just don't get the logic of if you have a vanity item, it MUST be shown. Makes zero sense from a logic standpoint, unless you theoretically get some insight into someone's build when going against them in PvP.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I always gets confused with these conflicting messages we get from the devs. They make the shields all vanity items to make things fair, and with the same update, they give a select few another vanity item that gives them an edge. I just don't get it.

Agreed. Won't comment further, because I don't feel like getting caught in the nuclear flame blast you will bring on yourself if you suggest what I think you are suggesting :p

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Agreed. Won't comment further, because I don't feel like getting caught in the nuclear flame blast you will bring on yourself if you suggest what I think you are suggesting :p

True, this is going down a path that will likely get me blown to bits.
But the way I see it, the devs opened up a freaking giant can of worms here. What is going to happen, is they're either going to have to nerf one or start making more vanity items with bonuses, to appease the masses. Either way, something's going to have to be done since they didn't just leave vanity items as vanity items.

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't PvP very much, but I already said/suggested, if it is a big deal, disable the bonus for PvP. I guess you missed that part/suggestion.

I didn't know it had bonus stats before Les said it, but still doesn't change my stance that I could care less if someone wants to have the option to hide it, like the hide hat option. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and no one is "right" or "wrong", but I just don't get the logic of if you have a vanity item, it MUST be shown. Makes zero sense from a logic standpoint, unless you theoretically get some insight into someone's build when going against them in PvP.

I did miss your suggestion, so my bad :) but I do think it would be more difficult than it sounds for the devs to disable the bonus exclusively for PVP, otherwise GCD would not have been introduced to both PVE and PVP, as it was intended to prevent multi touching in PVP.

As for the insight, if I'm able to see an opponent with the helm, knowing its stats, I can counter by adjusting my equipment and play style accordingly. The added stat bonus is huge. I am biased though as I twink at both 15 & 20.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I did miss your suggestion, so my bad :) but I do think it would be more difficult than it sounds for the devs to disable the bonus exclusively for PVP, otherwise GCD would not have been introduced to both PVE and PVP, as it was intended to prevent multi touching in PVP.

As for the insight, if I'm able to see an opponent with the helm, knowing its stats, I can counter by adjusting my equipment and play style accordingly. The added stat bonus is huge. I am biased though as I twink at both 15 & 20.

Yeah, I already heard from those who have the helm that people have been telling them to take it off for pvp. So I don't doubt that's part of the reason people want to hide it. But that seems hardly fair.

Still don't understand the choice to add the extra stats to a vanity helm that is only available to a select few.

Riccits
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
devs loves theyr founders :)

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Still don't understand the choice to add the extra stats to a vanity helm that is only available to a select few.

Because they are a "select few" :P again, as pointed out, might not be "fair" for PvP, but let's drop that issue for a sec and look at the big picture.

Lemme give you an analogy...you start a business, "Les's Pimp House of Burgers' in Appletown. You start off small, and you get a core group of regulars who come in every day for the becoming-famous "LesBurger Deluxe". Business grows. Word gets out. Your business does so well, you open another Les's in the next town, Androidville. Business continues to improve. You finally realize, "Hey, if it wasn't for those initial core regulars, my whole damn business mighta gone under. I am gonna give them 10% off their orders for life, because I appreciate what they did for my business."

Now I am not you, but I know that if it was me in that position, and some later customers came along and complained (myself included) that the intial core group of regulars were getting a 10% discount because they helped keep you in business early on and it wasn't "fair" to them because they hadn't heard of Les's in Appletown, or lived too far away in Androidville.....I would tell them "I appreciate your business, but too bad...they made it possible for me to advertise and expand my LesBurger Deluxe (with special mystery sauce) Empire in the first place".

Olli Walli
04-21-2011, 11:29 AM
You can't look at it that way. Burger joint customers are not playing competitivly. If you looked at it from a sports theme of giving the original teams homefield advantage all the time for being the first teams in a league etc. You have to look at it as a competitive stand point. If they want to give all of the "original" people a 10% discount or an extra 5000 platinum that is fine by me. But don't give them an advantage that others cannot obtain.

Riccits
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Because they are a "select few" :P again, as pointed out, might not be "fair" for PvP, but let's drop that issue for a sec and look at the big picture.

Lemme give you an analogy...you start a business, "Les's Pimp House of Burgers' in Appletown. You start off small, and you get a core group of regulars who come in every day for the becoming-famous "LesBurger Deluxe". Business grows. Word gets out. Your business does so well, you open another Les's in the next town, Androidville. Business continues to improve. You finally realize, "Hey, if it wasn't for those initial core regulars, my whole damn business mighta gone under. I am gonna give them 10% off their orders for life, because I appreciate what they did for my business."

Now I am not you, but I know that if it was me in that position, and some later customers came along and complained (myself included) that the intial core group of regulars were getting a 10% discount because they helped keep you in business early on and it wasn't "fair" to them because they hadn't heard of Les's in Appletown, or lived too far away in Androidville.....I would tell them "I appreciate your business, but too bad...they made it possible for me to advertise and expand my LesBurger Deluxe (with special mystery sauce) Empire in the first place".

les, as ur friend, i want the 10% discount too :/

kallima
04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Um, can we not debate any more about the founder's helm? It's left a bad taste in my mouth, either that or it's the "special mystery sauce." :p The topic seems to be more divisive than any I've ever seen. I'm not saying censor yourself or don't express opinions but it's like we're beating a dead horse.

However, in support of Les' standpoint, if we are going to boost stats on a vanity helm why strip it from the shields? Personally, those that earned the community shield actually worked for it by researching and playing countless hours, they ARE entitled to it. Those that got the helm got it by virtue of luck for owning an apple device when PL came out.

Contradictory post over.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
You can't look at it that way. Burger joint customers are not playing competitivly. If you looked at it from a sports theme of giving the original teams homefield advantage all the time for being the first teams in a league etc. You have to look at it as a competitive stand point. If they want to give all of the "original" people a 10% discount or an extra 5000 platinum that is fine by me. But don't give them an advantage that others cannot obtain.

I can look at it anyway I choose, as it as an opinion. I was making a fairly big picture general example and stated as much. You don't think it's "fair", I got that from your earlier post. My number #1 reason to boot people from my life is people telling me my opinion is "wrong", as you are. This is a game forum, so I ultimately don't care too much, but you are entitled to your way of thinking about it and me of mine, and neither of us is "right" or "wrong". I was providing another way to look at it, not necessarily arguing for it....people telling me how to think/my opinion is "wrong"/"you can't look at it that way" are not noteworthy to me, so nice chatting with you.

Regardless...they are the Founders. You and I possibly would never have found the game and enjoyed if not for them. To sit their and complain about bonus stats for those early vets and apparently refuse to look at another viewpoint is narrow-minded, just because you are at a disadvantage in PvP now. I have already repeatedly pointed out solutions for that.

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Um, can we not debate any more about the founder's helm? It's left a bad taste in my mouth, either that or it's the "special mystery sauce." :p The topic seems to be more divisive than any I've ever seen. I'm not saying censor yourself or don't express opinions but it's like we're beating a dead horse.

However, in support of Les' standpoint, if we are going to boost stats on a vanity helm why strip it from the shields? Personally, those that earned the community shield actually worked for it by researching and playing countless hours, they ARE entitled to it. Those that got the helm got it by virtue of luck for owning an apple device when PL came out.

Contradictory post over.

Well said....sorry about the 'mystery special sauce' reference, lol.

I'm done with the topic. Everyone has valid points and opinions.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
les, as ur friend, i want the 10% discount too :/

Hmm I'll have to think about that :p

Olli Walli
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow a bit touchy are we Mooger. All if fine by me. My apologies if my comment seemed personal and touched a nerve.

Either way, I'll leave it at that and will be sure to not comment on a thread you are involved in as I do not want to accidentally make the same mistake twice. I do not feel I belittled you or wronged you in anyway, but I guess it is what it is.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Moog, I'm not gonna comment much on the burger thing because I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

And I still wish the devs would stop sending mixed messages.

Sun
04-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Lol if it's gonna cause this much controversy ill just deal with looking like purple sonic, nbd

Moogerfooger
04-21-2011, 12:22 PM
@Olli, sorry I came off a little harsh. I am just very black and white when it comes to people implying that opinions/viewpoints are wrong, so to speak...everyone on this thread seems pretty bright/semi-informed/justified in their opinions so I accept all of them....I was just trying to provide another way of looking at it. I'm older than most of you, and ex-military to boot so I don't brook any BS and come off a little harsh sometimes. My bad.

Les, it's not apples to oranges, because I could say that 10% discount is a competitive advantage...to your customer's wallets. Just another way to possibly look at it. But if it is apples to oranges, can I get some RiderFries with those? :p

And last thing....if I did twink (and I do have one in low-key mode for now) and I ran up against someone with a +5 helm...I would personally take it as a challenge to find a way to beat them, just to say "ha!"