PDA

View Full Version : Game Outage - 4/21 Please click here for info before posting, thanks!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 07:30 PM
I just want PL to be fixed, don't even care if join button still broke!! I just wanna kill something before I kill my wife!! ^^ (just kidding btw about the join button ^^ I mean about the wife)

They fixed the join button, you can download it now... Lol

waisted menkey
04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
20 plat sounds a pretty decent compensation and i wasnt trying to be rude, just to express my feeling, my baby bear was suppose to be on leaderboard yesterday night.. now lovenus might laugh at me coz his bear is still up there

It would make more sense if it were STS's fault, but it's Amazon's and impacting many, many, many websites and server services. The crashing of Amazon's EC2 crash made it to international news dude. Yer not the only one annoyed, bit your.frustrations should be directed at the right group. Take this time to give Amazon a loving feedback email :)

MrZeke
04-21-2011, 07:32 PM
ya I was saying I didn't care if they fixed it or not =) already updated client... I just wanna play!! *having mild withdraws*

mugen
This may be the first time I've spent quality time with my wife in a month. Thank's amazon for saving my marriage! Now fix the servers so I can ignore her again!

bwahahahaha same

StompArtist
It would make more sense if it were STS's fault, but it's Amazon's and impacting many, many, many websites and server services. The crashing of Amazon's EC2 crash made it to international news dude. Yer not the only one annoyed, bit your.frustrations should be directed at the right group. Take this time to give Amazon a loving feedback email :)

STS is losing money because of this. Certainly not their fault.

vol
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM

Amazon is going to pay for this...and I love amazon.. Glad I dont have any amazon stock though...

Uniboom
04-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Ive been waiting soo long i hate amazon!

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
20 plat sounds a pretty decent compensation and i wasnt trying to be rude, just to express my feeling, my baby bear was suppose to be on leaderboard yesterday night.. now lovenus might laugh at me coz his bear is still up there

Completely understandable, but on that note. I would suggest saying "Bite me" to them (in a joking matter of course) and they should know that you had no other option.

In the end, gotta have some fun at the end of the day and just enjoy yourself! :D

Osnarf
04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Amazon (http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=AMZN+Interactive#chart1:symbol=amzn;rang e=5y;indicator=sma(45)+macd+rsi(90);charttype=line ;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=und efined)

Amazon isn't going anywhere. If anything, after the stock drops would be a good time to buy. Get it at a discount :)

Asaskedara
04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
"outside"?? What's this outside you speak of? I sense danger...

stranger danger!!!!!!!!;)

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Heh, take a look at the others effected; this is only part of the outage. Many more were effected.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/romenesko/129031/portions-of-new-york-times-propublica-sites-disabled-by-amazon-server-outage/

costalot
04-21-2011, 07:43 PM
People please relax. It is completely out of the control of space-time studios and they're probably just as upset as we are. Those people who are complaigning I understand I'm on a 6 hour roadtrip with not much to do. I planned on getting my character to a higher level. However this is not the place to do it we should all go to Amazon and give them a headache with our complaints. Space-time Studios has done a great job handling this and promise to give 20 platinum and I dont know about you but 1 day without pocket legends is worth it. Thankyou space-time studios for your efforts and compensation.

Osnarf
04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I bet the high ups at amazon are more upset than all of us put together. Why do you need to stick it to anybody? I'm sure amazon is working hard to get the servers back up.

Osnarf
04-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Let's see if we cant get this thread up to page 50 :)

strausbaughwp
04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Guess it's time to go bake that Pocket Legends birthday cake :]

Yoshura
04-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Just so you guys know PL is not giving anyone 20 platinum for compensation. A dev should really clear this rumor up.

Usceiater
04-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Crap! I've read the last post!

MrZeke
04-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Yup I say amazon loses future business due to downtime caused today

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 07:49 PM
I bet the high ups at amazon are more upset than all of us put together. Why do you need to stick it to anybody? I'm sure amazon is working hard to get the servers back up.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Just so you guys know PL is not giving anyone 20 platinum for compensation. A dev should really clear this rumor up.

I'm not sure where you got that from, they posted it on their Facebook Page, I will find it just give me a moment. :)

waisted menkey
04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
stranger danger!!!!!!!!;)

Remember, there are NO PUPPIES IN THE VAN.

Osnarf
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
As far as I know, Amazon has a pretty high margin of safety. They make a lot more money than it costs to run. They can take a hit, and will build back up. If they even have to take a hit.

Leonadritia
I know most of us are veteran thumb bashers, midnight oil builders, dungeon runners, leet looters and many other types of experienced gamers so i was wondering...........
Does anyone rememberthe world before the web and electronic revolution? Lol

Seriously tho, there is something good from downtime issues....
Community spirit, forums get used by those who normally wouldnt.
Friendships are formed and people rediscover things they had forgotten.

Realistically no one is to blame for these kind of incidents - they just happen now and then.

Therefore i would like to

1- shout a big Thankyou to S T Studios for a Fantastic game.
2- shout a big hello to all those on the forums -you make our world what it is ;-)
3- GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dartagnian
This has given me the opportunity to get to know more of you all. Lots of funny folks. 8)

I'll accept friend requests in game gladly!

Dartagnian 45 dex bird
Grimshanders 35 dex/str bear (mostly on this one lately)

No people who make saliva beer tho! (eyes Cursed)

Osnarf
04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
6:18 PM PDT Earlier today we shared our high level ETA for a full recovery. At this point, all Availability Zones except one have been functioning normally for the past 5 hours. We have stabilized the remaining Availability Zone, but recovery is taking longer than we originally expected. We have been working hard to add the capacity that will enable us to safely re-mirror the stuck volumes. We expect to incrementally recover stuck volumes over the coming hours, but believe it will likely be several more hours until a significant number of volumes fully recover and customers are able to create new EBS-backed instances in the affected Availability Zone. We will be providing more information here as soon as we have it.

Here are a couple of things that customers can do in the short term to work around these problems. Customers having problems contacting EC2 instances or with instances stuck shutting down/stopping can launch a replacement instance without targeting a specific Availability Zone. If you have EBS volumes stuck detaching/attaching and have taken snapshots, you can create new volumes from snapshots in one of the other Availability Zones. Customers with instances and/or volumes that appear to be unavailable should not try to recover them by rebooting, stopping, or detaching, as these actions will not currently work on resources in the affected zone.

-------------------------------

New post from amazon

najarra
04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
OMG! WTF! I wanna play :0( its still not working for me

Dartagnian
04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
No one is hugging my groip... Let's just clear that up right now....

Greyhorse
Oh oh ... withdrawal has just gotten even worse than I could imagine. I now have an earworm to the tune of "Basketball Jones," except it's more like 'Pocket Legend Jones' . . .

Colborne
Going crazy!!!!!

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I know most of us are veteran thumb bashers, midnight oil builders, dungeon runners, leet looters and many other types of experienced gamers so i was wondering...........
Does anyone rememberthe world before the web and electronic revolution? Lol

Seriously tho, there is something good from downtime issues....
Community spirit, forums get used by those who normally wouldnt.
Friendships are formed and people rediscover things they had forgotten.

Realistically no one is to blame for these kind of incidents - they just happen now and then.

Therefore i would like to

1- shout a big Thankyou to S T Studios for a Fantastic game.
2- shout a big hello to all those on the forums -you make our world what it is ;-)
3- GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I wasn't born before the electronic revolution lol

spookytooth
04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
6:18 PM PDT Earlier today we shared our high level ETA for a full recovery. At this point, all Availability Zones except one have been functioning normally for the past 5 hours. We have stabilized the remaining Availability Zone, but recovery is taking longer than we originally expected. We have been working hard to add the capacity that will enable us to safely re-mirror the stuck volumes. We expect to incrementally recover stuck volumes over the coming hours, but believe it will likely be several more hours until a significant number of volumes fully recover and customers are able to create new EBS-backed instances in the affected Availability Zone. We will be providing more information here as soon as we have it.

Here are a couple of things that customers can do in the short term to work around these problems. Customers having problems contacting EC2 instances or with instances stuck shutting down/stopping can launch a replacement instance without targeting a specific Availability Zone. If you have EBS volumes stuck detaching/attaching and have taken snapshots, you can create new volumes from snapshots in one of the other Availability Zones. Customers with instances and/or volumes that appear to be unavailable should not try to recover them by rebooting, stopping, or detaching, as these actions will not currently work on resources in the affected zone.

-------------------------------

New post from amazon

dont plan on playing PL till sometime tomorrow if thats the case

Osnarf
04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Did anyone play earthworm jim on genesis back in the day?

blazinguitar
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Now PSN is down too!! The end is near!!!

Shadow of Fire
I suggest possibly switching to a different cloud temporarily while amazon gets things figured out? They have free trails out there for a few days that could last long enough

Osnarf
dont plan on playing PL till sometime tomorrow if thats the case

Pretty much what I got out of it. About to pack up and go play some minecraft, I was waiting to hear one way or the other, sounds like we heard the other.

Have a good night everybody, I'll come back and check in a couple hours and see if anythings changed.

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I suggest possibly switching to a different cloud temporarily while amazon gets things figured out? They have free trails out there for a few days that could last long enough

In all honesty, that wouldn't be a smart move for them. The best thing for them to do would be to purchase another service through someone else which could possibly be used as a secondary server to provide better service to the players which would be used if the other server was down vise versa.

Dartagnian
04-21-2011, 08:07 PM

"...It's still busted, we are currently waiting for Opal to finish the critical ticket for our new Flux Capacitor."

"If you're tired of waiting, fix your applications to use one of our other working servers! You should have done that in the first place, really...

Oh, and we know it's a bit late, but uh...don't reboot. It'll just make it worse. Should be fixed soon though, really! We're serious this time!"

Colborne
04-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Geez reading all these posts really makes me embarrassed. These guys go to great extents to make a game like this and to come down on them like it's their fault isn't right. So PL is down for a day. Time to get a life ppl. I love this game and what the devs hav done to it to make it great for everybody. They get a lot of ppl whiningto them all the time. I think it's time we give them some credit for an outstanding job thy do. Thaknks spacetime studios and amazon for 8 great months of playing. Keep up the hard work. U guys deserve an award or something:)

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 08:10 PM
"...It's still busted, we are currently waiting for Opal to finish the critical ticket for our new Flux Capacitor."

"If you're tired of waiting, fix your applications to use one of our other working servers! You should have done that in the first place, really...

Oh, and we know it's a bit late, but uh...don't reboot. It'll just make it worse. Should be fixed soon though, really! We're serious this time!"

Hahaha...
/ten char.

Colborne
04-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Hell ya great game:/

Asaskedara
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Remember, there are NO PUPPIES IN THE VAN.

*Turns away from van for a second* he says no no puppies but he has candy!

Leonadritia
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
So what have pople been doing during their downtime?

Post here
10 things i did during the game outage (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24342-10-Things-You-did-during-the-unfortunate-game-outage&p=272527#post272527://)

Slush
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Come on devs, it's been 3 hours since the last update.

ranonman
04-21-2011, 08:18 PM

No way!! They couldn't make better Flux Capacitor device than Doctor Emmett's device!!! (From Back to the Future). They'll crash time universe!

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Come on devs, it's been 3 hours since the last update.

We'll know something when they know something, as far as I am concerned there are no new "official" updates to release.

Hopefully we'll get some good news soon but I can't promise anything.

Ortolaner
04-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Fairly new here. Love PL, Amazon outage has brought me here. (as others have said.)

Forum quite informative. Thanks to all the members for the helpful lists & info.

Rare
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Haven't heard any updates from amazon on their status site since 148pm pdt, they call it a night or something?

92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer
Take one down, trip and knock over the shelves with all the bottles..
Oops sry..

Its ok.. they were plastic bud light bottles. This is a low rent bar.

Asaskedara
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Dear Amazon,
Now you will see my angry face. >:•l <-----angry face
Sincerely
PL player

Call Me XenonTheGod
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Plzzz hurry this game is fun and its been likke over 8 hours im sooooooooooooooo bored

Coltona
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Ok whew thought something was wrong with my ipod or my internet. Lol thanks for the notice!!

dan #1
04-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Im on a 11 hour trip plz someone fix the problem

SnipeAce
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I just registered to say... WTF iam waiting.

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Im on a 11 hour trip plz someone fix the problem

You are one out of many having this problem, if they could fix it that easy it would have been done. Please take the time to read the topic name as well as the post made.
The services that the server's are hosted on are currently having trouble and being worked on as we speak, they have been down almost all day and may go into tomorrow. But with a company this big, they will have them up by tomorrow morning as they are losing business every minute they are down.

Please be patient with the rest of us. :)

vol
04-21-2011, 08:42 PM
But with a company this big, they will have them up by tomorrow morning as they are losing business every minute they are down.

Haha.. about 10 hours ago I could have said "But with a company this big, they will have them up in a few hours as they are losing business every minute they are down"

ranonman
04-21-2011, 08:44 PM
You don't wanna deal w/ this ape... Patience! (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1052/1391946005_16f4eb61c7.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgdaniel/1391946005/&usg=__Sy1qDtsMTmfS0VuDkluezkjtkC4=&h=500&w=419&sz=133&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=3bTwaJX7ICGZBM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=116&ei=ieSwTczDJdCSgQegh63jCw&prev=/search%3Fq%3DPatience%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client% 3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D607 %26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=564&vpy=244&dur=4753&hovh=245&hovw=205&tx=127&ty=148&page=1&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0)

Razorclawz
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow I may need rehab after this didnt realize how many times I log into PL to make a quick run or check my auctions, sad to say but I think today might be the first day ive went without logging in at all, sad when your wife sees you doing your honeydo list an asks why you havent played your game all day and all I can do is pout!

davidis57
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Is it absolutely necessary to curse even when abbreviated? Saying wtf is immature don't you think? I know your frustrated but its not polite to curse all the time. btw welcome to the forums for those posting first time but be respectful.

Blayzn
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I just have to chime in to say that it is amazing to me how fast people are quick to blame ST for this....do they not read?! I actually saw a post in android market that gave a 1 star rating because they updated and now pl doesn't work!? C'mmmmmon .... i guess i am constantly surprised by people....and not in a good way. What i am surprised about is thia community, the game itself, and the freaking awesome devs...

Seriously....is ST publically traded, can i buy stock?

This game is the best eva!!!

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Haha.. about 10 hours ago I could have said "But with a company this big, they will have them up in a few hours as they are losing business every minute they are down"

Just goes to show how much business they are losing and how serious of an issue it is, for it to hit the news and have such an impact on the community... Would you want that reputation? I'm sure they will have a crew working on the restoration all night if they have to.

whooaahh

Well... this isn't entirely true. Amazon states a 99% uptime promise, but if you look at the full year PL has been up, Amazon has kept thir promise. However, it is the responsibility of STS to have hosted their work in redundant placed, hence why Amazon offers servers in CA too. It is not Amazon's fault for STS not having this in 2 datacenters. When I worked for a big online personals company years ago, we had multiple data centers with multiple ISPs at each... If one data center or ISP went down, users were none the wiser...

Just my 2 cents...

omerojs
I'd like to point out that the employees at Spacetime Studios have already said they would be giving out 20 Platinum.

Really? where did you see that?

waisted menkey

PSN has been down all day :( no GT5 remote racing has me more butthurt than no PL. There's an xjr-9 and a bently speed 8 in the ucd waiting for me to earn a few more million. I missed out on earning at least 1.2 million today.

Usceiater
04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Wow I may need rehab after this didnt realize how many times I log into PL to make a quick run or check my auctions, sad to say but I think today might be the first day ive went without logging in at all, sad when your wife sees you doing your honeydo list an asks why you havent played your game all day and all I can do is pout!
Lol. I know exactly how you feel.

Yoshura
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I did that game was awesome id like to see a remake for the ps3 lol

Azekoradez
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Patience.....it kills me inside -.-

vol
04-21-2011, 08:52 PM
No netflix on psn or roku..no pl..*sigh*

waisted menkey
04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Well... this isn't entirely true. Amazon states a 99% uptime promise, but if you look at the full year PL has been up, Amazon has kept thir promise. However, it is the responsibility of STS to have hosted their work in redundant placed, hence why Amazon offers servers in CA too. It is not Amazon's fault for STS not having this in 2 datacenters. When I worked for a big online personals company years ago, we had multiple data centers with multiple ISPs at each... If one data center or ISP went down, users were none the wiser...

Just my 2 cents...

Touche

I know my work has redundancy that's so redundant the redundancy can sometimes cause confusion lol.

davidis57
04-21-2011, 08:57 PM
whooah good points but data centers are not free and people would not like pl charging for things you get free now. How many would play if pl charged a monthly fee and no good gear offered for Platt all would be drops even low level pinks. Everytime changes are made someone must bear the cost.

whooaahh
04-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Out of stupidity, I have to ask, what is PSN?

NOLUS
04-21-2011, 08:58 PM
its been a whole day.......

Razorclawz
04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Playstation network

Newsom
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Well, I have a large feeling that once the game does come back up, there will be so many people on that, it will probably be uberly laggy and all of our auctions are probably expired without being sold. 

strausbaughwp
04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, I have a large feeling that once the game does come back up, there will be so many people on that, it will probably be uberly laggy and all of our auctions are probably expired without being sold. 

And it will be the most glorious lag ever.

Elnendil
04-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Can we get a dev to clear up this plat thing, ppl keep talking about is it rumor or is it the truth? thx. much love for sts.

Colborne
04-21-2011, 09:11 PM

This is totally true. My wife is amazed I'm actually doing my chores. My wife thanks u amazon;)

Newsom
04-21-2011, 09:11 PM
And it will be the most glorious lag ever.

Bahaha, very much so, unlike the lag that gets you killed in 20 twinking.

Samhayne
04-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Can we get a dev to clear up this plat thing, ppl keep talking about is it rumor or is it the truth? thx. much love for sts.

None that I know of.

Samhayne
04-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Update 9:30 PM Central - Still down, Amazon making progress, but not quite enough to fire everything back up. Thanks again for your patience. As soon as Amazon EC2 goes green we'll get the game back up.

F1zzzzp0p
04-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Mine doesn't even load the contacting server page normal???

midstargazer
04-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I was hoping to hit lvl 50 today lol is the update the virsion 1.7.1.1 or a difrent one?

Newsom
Update 9:30 PM Central - Still down, Amazon making progress, but not quite enough to fire everything back up. Thanks again for your patience. As soon as Amazon EC2 goes green we'll get the game back up.

Thanks for not apologizing this time, I, along with many other Pocket Legend fiens, understand that none of the could be projected. You can't blame yourself for Amazon's cloud going down.

Piosidon
When I came home I looked forward to playing. Now I have nothing to do but eat and sleep.

Colborne
Bahaha, very much so, unlike the lag that gets you killed in 20 twinking.

Does this mean I'll get my set cheaper :o yayyyyyy!!!!

Newsom
When I came home I looked forward to playing. Now I have nothing to do but eat and sleep.

Don't do that, you'll get fat. D:

Colborne
04-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Either way devs are doing great guys!!!! Pocket Legends rules!!!!

Razorclawz
04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the update gotta get my PL fix, im really suprised message board hasnt crashed yet, havent seen this many posts in one day since PL came out!!

Avianics
04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
So this is what withdrawal feels like ... so much worse than expected.

I found myself trying to cast cruel blast on angry birds today. Fail!

blazinguitar
04-21-2011, 09:22 PM
PSN has been down all day :( no GT5 remote racing has me more butthurt than no PL. There's an xjr-9 and a bently speed 8 in the ucd waiting for me to earn a few more million. I missed out on earning at least 1.2 million today.

Yea I need to get online and play me some GT5 or I'm going to go crazy!

Newsom
04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the update gotta get my PL fix, im really suprised message board hasnt crashed yet, havent seen this many posts in one day since PL came out!!

I've only been on Pocket Legends for about two months bow, never making a forum account until a few days ago. Though, this thread here is insane, I love to see the contradicting views from everyone so far. I am also glad to see the people who are exactly like me with wanting to get their "fix"

dan #1
04-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Do u know about how much more longer

dan #1
04-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Does any one know any other fun games till server is back up

GrandmaBear
04-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Would people please at least read the first post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24265-Game-Outage-4-21-Please-click-here-for-info-before-posting-thanks!) in this thread? It tells you what's happening.

In the meantime, there's a great thread by Ladyhassa in the General Discussion forum (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place...) which gives you links to plenty of information on the game, check it out!

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
whooah good points but data centers are not free and people would not like pl charging for things you get free now. How many would play if pl charged a monthly fee and no good gear offered for Platt all would be drops even low level pinks. Everytime changes are made someone must bear the cost.

The thing is PL has started charging us for things that we used to get for free or atleast only cost in game currency. I think I would rather have them be upfront about it and allow me pay a monthly fee then charge me for every little thing possible in game that enhances my experience maybe that is an option the devs could look at adding? Pay a monthly fee and be given a number of elixers, holiday hats, new maps and other misc. items for "free". Just a thought and I doubt everyone would like this option however it would give players the choice and provide a constant flow of income (possibly greater then current methods) to PL so they could afford multiple data centers :-)

Crutomic
04-21-2011, 09:35 PM
None that I know of.

Strange, I swore I saw a comment by Pocket World some place on Facebook.

Myhooterzown
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Battery warning ODD not ever doin runs!! Sheeeesh... See u tomorrow PL?????!!!!!!

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Does any one know any other fun games till server is back up

I looked :-( and im sad to say as far as mobile online gaming goes... nothing comes close to PL....its all flavorless & blah.

dan #1
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
So does anyone know how much longer till surfers are up

Myhooterzown
04-21-2011, 09:39 PM
The thing is PL has started charging us for things that we used to get for free or atleast only cost in game currency. I think I would rather have them be upfront about it and allow me pay a monthly fee then charge me for every little thing possible in game that enhances my experience maybe that is an option the devs could look at adding? Pay a monthly fee and be given a number of elixers, holiday hats, new maps and other misc. items for "free". Just a thought and I doubt everyone would like this option however it would give players the choice and provide a constant flow of income (possibly greater then current methods) to PL so they could afford multiple data centers :-)

X2....good idea I don't have time to play like I want to anymore grrrr..school ended job began!! LOL!!

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
So does anyone know how much longer till surfers are up

http://status.aws.amazon.com/#EC2_1303435080

JaytB
04-21-2011, 09:54 PM
http://status.aws.amazon.com/#EC2_1303435080

Hehehe, I bet you were standing around at your local marketplace all day, buying and selling stuff ;)

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Hehehe, I bet you were standing around at your local marketplace all day, buying and selling stuff ;)

Ok, how do I make this my signature....lmao

matamurman
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Did I mention I went out side today? I can't believe I mated socks I even ate dinner with my family and they said it was nice to have me at the table lol u believe that! I'm scared to pinch myself and feel the pain that this isn't a bad dream!

NOLUS
04-21-2011, 10:02 PM
just wanna check wuts goin on recently

Spellweavers
04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Can't wait for the game to go back up!!!

Drekkthar
04-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Same here....withdrawls!

Newsom
04-21-2011, 10:12 PM
You know, this is the time for me to tell one of my "This one time at bandcamp" stories. :D

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 10:16 PM
I just want the game back by tommorrow.

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Go to settings and it's on the side

Angelofmight
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
yeah, playstation network is out too. :b

waisted menkey
04-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Guess Imma hit up some Borderlands. Yeay old reliable. At least I only d/l'd the game yesterday so I'm not as hooked as you all are...

Colborne
04-21-2011, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=TANKKAAR;272796]The thing is PL has started charging us for things that we used to get for free or atleast only cost in game currency. I think I would rather have them be upfront about it and allow me pay a monthly fee then charge me for every little thing possible in game that enhances my experience maybe that is an option the devs could look at adding? Pay a monthly fee and be given a number of elixers, holiday hats, new maps and other misc. items for "free". Just a thought and I doubt everyone would like this option however it would give players the choice and provide a constant flow of income (possibly greater then current methods) to PL so they could afford multiple data centers :-)[/QUOTE

I for one agree with this statement after spending a wack of money on platinum. I'd rather pay monthly fee and enjoy game:)

TheClownSquad
04-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Umm, please don't make it a pay monthly game. If you want all the little "goodies" (plat items) you should have to pay for them. But with this recent update making 1-56 free you don't even really need plat for anything except the occasional respec or two which you can get from free offers.

ixbrettxi
04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
After reading all the outrageous posts from players demanding free stuff etcetera for having to wait to play, I sure hope Amazon is going to compensate spacetime (and all the other companies affected) for the headache and revenue loss they've had over the last day. Hang in there PL!

dan #1
04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
So.are ther any recent news

waisted menkey
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
meh, its a kiddie looking videogame on my phone. There's no way I'd ever pay desktop prices for a non-desktop level product. From what I've seen, this game looks really cool, and quite fun, but I downloaded it and tried it because it was free. If I wanted to pay real money, especially a monthly fee, I'd get a real game for a real machine (no offense STS or Thunderbolt designers).

Try to keep the product and platform in perspective. I'll say it again; I love my thunderbolt and this game looks bitchen gnarly rad, bit it pales like an albino In Africa compared to pc. Let's not get outa hand here yo.

AkoSiPinoy
04-21-2011, 10:59 PM
lol im soo bored :( i wanna play pl -_-

ixbrettxi
04-21-2011, 11:03 PM
meh, its a kiddie looking videogame on my phone. There's no way I'd ever pay desktop prices for a non-desktop level product. From what I've seen, this game looks really cool, and quite fun, but I downloaded it and tried it because it was free. If I wanted to pay real money, especially a monthly fee, I'd get a real game for a real machine (no offense STS or Thunderbolt designers).

Try to keep the product and platform in perspective. I'll say it again; I love my thunderbolt and this game looks bitchen gnarly rad, bit it pales like an albino In Africa compared to pc. Let's not get outa hand here yo.

I think you're missing a key aspect of the PL experience in your comment here, the community. I've been an mmo player for many years and I've never seen a dev team more involved with their product and it's users than the PL team.

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Umm, please don't make it a pay monthly game. If you want all the little "goodies" (plat items) you should have to pay for them. But with this recent update making 1-56 free you don't even really need plat for anything except the occasional respec or two which you can get from free offers.

#1. My suggestion was not to take the place of the old methed it was to be added as an option for the users who who prefer (and can afford) a monthly fee and the benifits it would provide
#2. Dont try and tell me you dont need elixers until you try to make the leap from 55 to 56... 83k exp is alot more then you think.
#3. You only have 2weeks to make it to 56 for free (which without elixers would be impossible) because on may 4th the spine as they are calling it will be paid for again
#4. Free plat has been disabled and there is no word that I know of saying it will be given back.?

Reddwing
04-21-2011, 11:09 PM
WHEN will PL be back?!?!? Im on my 1 and a half week plan to lev55!!!!
Reddwing lev 45 archer trioekater lev 38 warrior

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 11:10 PM

#1. Read post #368
#2. No one every said anything about desktop prices but, I guess where we differ is I can play my MMO at work on a coffee break and you have to be at home and anchored infront of your PC? I personally love the freedom that PL offers in comparison and would be willing to pay the a monthly fee.

Skyler84
04-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I guess the guy who predicted the servers would be up in 3 hours was WRONG! Dont ever be a weather man:)

i made a post about my prediction which i read this from amazon live report [http://status.aws.amazon.com/] which states:
1:48 PM PDT A single Availability Zone in the US-EAST-1 Region continues to experience problems launching EBS backed instances or creating volumes. All other Availability Zones are operating normally. Customers with snapshots of their affected volumes can re-launch their volumes and instances in another zone. We recommend customers do not target a specific Availability Zone when launching instances. We have updated our service to avoid placing any instances in the impaired zone for untargeted requests. (Read post #85 of this thread)

and then someone asked so i made a post again at #137
base on what someone asked so i made a post again at #140
then someone ask again so i made another post again at #142

the last report i got from the amazon live report is as follows:

so was my prediction being wrong or something unexpected turn up and amazon needs longer time?

Yoshura
04-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Obviously you were wrong, try reading your own post.

broomshanker
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
didnt realize how addicted i was until i couldnt play!!!! im going nuts.....

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
The natives are getting restless...lol ^^

Raulur
04-21-2011, 11:32 PM
The natives are getting restless...lol ^^

Hah, no doubt.

I myself was hoping to play after work, but frosty amber beverages will do in the mean time. :-)

Skyler84
04-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Obviously you were wrong, try reading your own post.

oh really. i do not care what you think anyway. and i know what i wrote. so if you think i am wrong then so be it.

TANKKAAR
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
i made a post about my prediction which i read this from amazon live report [http://status.aws.amazon.com/] which states:
1:48 PM PDT A single Availability Zone in the US-EAST-1 Region continues to experience problems launching EBS backed instances or creating volumes. All other Availability Zones are operating normally. Customers with snapshots of their affected volumes can re-launch their volumes and instances in another zone. We recommend customers do not target a specific Availability Zone when launching instances. We have updated our service to avoid placing any instances in the impaired zone for untargeted requests. (Read post #85 of this thread)

and then someone asked so i made a post again at #137
base on what someone asked so i made a post again at #140
then someone ask again so i made another post again at #142

the last report i got from the amazon live report is as follows:

so was my prediction being wrong or something unexpected turn up and amazon needs longer time?

Shouldnt an accurate prediction take the unexpected into account? I mean otherwise doesnt it stop being a "prediction" and fall more into the "ASSumption" category? ......lol.... And we all know what happens when people assume .... Right?

Aziscitie
04-21-2011, 11:36 PM
...still waiting.

dan #1
04-21-2011, 11:42 PM
If it started to work right now I would stay up all night playing it

Skyler84
04-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Shouldnt an accurate prediction take the unexpected into account? I mean otherwise doesnt it stop being a "prediction" and fall more into the "ASSumption" category? ......lol.... And we all know what happens when people assume .... Right?

i did not mention in any post that it will be accurate. i do not work with the amazon so how could i be able to predict an unexpected situation. and also i did mention if some other failure occur then my prediction will not be accurate (post #142). and anyway, i will not make anymore prediction since people don't like it when i am trying to help out by making a prediction.

TANKKAAR
If it started to work right now I would stay up all night playing it

You and me both!

davidis57
Its what you call wishful thinking.

Yoshura
04-21-2011, 11:47 PM
oh really. i do not care what you think anyway. and i know what i wrote. so if you think i am wrong then so be it.What are you talking about. You asked "Was my prediction wrong or no" after you copy and pastes what you read on the Amazon status page. The server I not on hence...... you were wrong. Maybe I am mis understanding what you wrote. And I don't care that you don't care what I think I was just replying to your post, don't ask if you aren't expecting someone to answer your question lol

bluuuue
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Sittin in a bar with nothin to do.......pl is down. Might as well post...pl has made me an alcy....j/k im the dork gaming on his phone in a bar drinkin. Lol but hi everyone my first post ....can't wait to c you in world

JaytB
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Ok, how do I make this my signature....lmao

You can use the 'reply with quote' and then copy/paste the quote in your sig ;)

Skyler84
04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
What are you talking about. You asked "Was my prediction wrong or no" after you copy and pastes what you read on the Amazon status page. The server I not on hence...... you were wrong. Maybe I am mis understanding what you wrote. And I don't care that you don't care what I think I was just replying to your post, don't ask if you aren't expecting someone to answer your question lol

i did not ask "was my prediction wrong or no". please read what i ask in full. you ask me to try reading my post and yet you are the one who did not read my post in full.

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
so was my prediction being wrong or something unexpected turn up and amazon needs longer time? Okay you didn't ask.. and I did read your post or else I wouldn't of replied. Like I said maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to explain and that's my bad.

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 12:01 AM
You can use the 'reply with quote' and then copy/paste the quote in your sig ;)

Ok... And where do I find my sig....lol

Sorry still forum noob...hahahaha

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok... And where do I find my sig....lol

Sorry still forum noob...hahahaha

And scratch that.... It worked :-)

JaytB
04-22-2011, 12:03 AM
And scratch that.... It worked :-)

Noticed that :D

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Noticed that :D

Greyhorse
04-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Well, I've watched more tv tonight than I have since I started playing Pocket Legends, lol.

My sig o and I have been sitting here, withdrawing and being cranky (we both play.)

Time for bed.

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:16 AM
#1. Read post #368
#2. No one every said anything about desktop prices but, I guess where we differ is I can play my MMO at work on a coffee break and you have to be at home and anchored infront of your PC? I personally love the freedom that PL offers in comparison and would be willing to pay the a monthly fee.

:)I agree again. I enjoy freedom and for the price of say half a Cupid coffee u could wreak benefits of new wpn and armor updates for free. What a small monthly fee!!!

dan #1
04-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Well I guess :p:pIm going to call it a night but if surfers wont be up by tomarrow ill be mad

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:22 AM
If they arnt up tomorrow I'll have to do more house work. With four kids this is my only escape. Help me!!!!!

waisted menkey
04-22-2011, 12:23 AM

No one said about anything less either. And what are breaks. Please explain this word to me. "Anchored" ROFLMAO (seriously). Sounds like you need a better pc. As a side note, with this awesome freedom I can also rub one off in a bathroom stall at work to some rank pr0n but you don't really see me doing that either now do you. Or DO you, ceiling cat?

Riccits
04-22-2011, 12:30 AM
were are almost 24h without PL

yesterday i made some weight training and went sleep at 9pm. since 3 months a didnt go sleep before at least 1am bcz of PL :)

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Hello,
My name is Tankkaar and im a PL-aholic

It works if you work it :-)

JaytB
04-22-2011, 12:41 AM
Hello,
My name is Tankkaar and im a PL-aholic

It works if you work it :-)

I've refreshed the amazon server page about a 1000 times and even subscribed to their RSS feed... Does that make me a PL-addict too? O.o

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:42 AM
This is the most boring night I've had in 8 months. Usually I'm kicckin *** till well thru the midnight oil

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 12:43 AM
I've refreshed the amazon server page about a 1000 times and even subscribed to their RSS feed... Does that make me a PL-addict too? O.o

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...lol

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Oops my bad. Sry bout the asterisks:o

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I didn't think playing pl til u have to get up and go to work was a problem lol

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Of course maybe I'm an addict. I Need my fix!!!!

Asaskedara
04-22-2011, 12:46 AM
No one said about anything less either. And what are breaks. Please explain this word to me. "Anchored" ROFLMAO (seriously). Sounds like you need a better pc. As a side note, with this awesome freedom I can also rub one off in a bathroom stall at work to some rank pr0n but you don't really see me doing that either now do you. Or DO you, ceiling cat?

Lmfao....rotfl!!!!!!! :D

Rusalio
04-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi! I'm new to the group, my name is rusalio and I am a recovering pl addict. I generally play from 10pm till 1am in bed. Since the demise of pl, I find myself wondering what to do! Wife is sleeping, daughter is sleeping and I can't get cincos video and pl logo out of my head. I am here because I need the groups support....hic! Burp! Plz help....

Hehehehehehe lmao

waisted menkey
04-22-2011, 12:53 AM

Sigged as soon as I can copy paste.

bluuuue
04-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Still waitin..... u guys arguing need to take it to 3v3 and stop ur dummy posting ...maybe ill join@ :)

angelofdeath54
04-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Is it fixed now??

spookytooth
04-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Well its 2:30 am, servers still down, read every darn post on the entire forums, and got to the 107th level on the challenge tower of the new mortal kombat waiting for amazon to fire up. Im callin it one, peace

Osnarf
04-22-2011, 12:59 AM
1:58 AM EST
Just a short note to let you know that the team continues to be all-hands on deck trying to add capacity to the affected Availability Zone to re-mirror stuck volumes. It's taking us longer than we anticipated to add capacity to this fleet. When we have an updated ETA or meaningful new update, we will make sure to post it here. But, we can assure you that the team is working this hard and will do so as long as it takes to get this resolved.

from Amazon

Caninusi
04-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi! I'm new to the group, my name is rusalio and I am a recovering pl addict. I generally play from 10pm till 1am in bed. Since the demise of pl, I find myself wondering what to do! Wife is sleeping, daughter is sleeping and I can't get cincos video and pl logo out of my head. I am here because I need the groups support....hic! Burp! Plz help....

Hehehehehehe lmao

lol I feel the same way

Suntv
04-22-2011, 01:06 AM
...and so my second day without PL starts. It's now been 24 hours. Hope they fix within 2 hours. If Europe is again an entire day without PL, USA deserves same fate. So make it 2 or 24 hours. Tnx Amazon, next time keep to selling books ;)

JaytB
04-22-2011, 01:10 AM
My guess is the servers burned out with all the flaming and whining about gcd :)

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 01:30 AM

A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge. While there is much overlap between prediction and forecast, a prediction may be a statement that some outcome is expected, while a forecast may cover a range of possible outcomes.

Although guaranteed information about the information is in many cases impossible, prediction is necessary to allow plans to be made about possible developments

sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prediction

i hope this answer your question. and i did not say my prediction is in any way assured to be accurate.

and here's for the word assumption:
In logic an assumption is a proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts.

sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption

WILLIAM cmy
04-22-2011, 01:45 AM
LOL you are funny, and obviously bored!

waisted menkey
04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
LOL you are funny, and obviously bored!

I'm fairly certain we all are

Warrbuxx
04-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Still down...

karmakali
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Tv still sucks...my boyfriend is now asleep...I have viewed every stupid/funny/humiliating/intellectual/insightful/etc post on this freakin forum....read EVERY members profile (some twice ;))....and polished my toenails. What now?

Zipponator
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Second day at home doing nothing :/ oh well there is always life!!!

Nah...

Colborne
04-22-2011, 02:00 AM

When u have big black bags under ur eyes and ur trying to pull ppl to u and stomp them, does that mean u have to stop playing.......

Colborne
04-22-2011, 02:05 AM
It's 12:36 am and the shaking is getting worse. Sweating. Having nightmares that pl is down. Ohwait I'm not sleeping yet:(

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 02:07 AM
i do agree that i am bored but still fine with it. because i also like to read forums and check things out. since pl is out and i kinda know when it will be up again base on a PREDICTION i made after reading the recent report from amazon, so it will put me into a better position of letting myself do things while waiting instead of some who i believe are very anxiously waiting. i am not trying to say this in any form of bad term against anyone because i do understand when someone is addicted to a game, anxiety is a common factor that occurs. i am not so much of a game addict now, which i was in the past, so its fine for me having no pl for a day or two. but i do hope they can fix it soon though. not going to share prediction i made because some of them do not like it. i just do not want to start an argument or make any negativity in here.

Colborne
04-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Second day at home doing nothing :/ oh well there is always life!!!

Nah...

Dang u got the #420 post. I tried to get but u beat me>:(

Feges
04-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Server burned lol?

bluuuue
04-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Its been 28@ hrs no pl. Feeling weak. Can hardly move thumb. Thirsty soooo low on mama. Need to run dwminishing.....honk shooo

chinahtao
04-22-2011, 02:11 AM
来自中国的问候,口袋传说加油,中国很多人在祈福。

Suntv
04-22-2011, 02:13 AM
So Amazon say they can't give an ETA yet, but they are working hard. Even if they fix this, then STS still needs to check the server(s), perhaps restore, test and then sum. So even of Amazon goes green, this might just take some time. I'm off to the beach.

arvinlennard
04-22-2011, 02:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEx8Ty1nNE

TRIBUTE TO POCKET LEGENDS!! XD

SERVER ARE YOU DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN!!! XD

ranonman
04-22-2011, 02:14 AM
*woke up on the middle of the night*
*check Amazon's status*
*double check game's connecting server screen*
*read funny/flaming/boring/complaints posts*
*back to bed*

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 02:14 AM
i do agree that i am bored but still fine with it. because i also like to read forums and check things out. since pl is out and i kinda know when it will be up again base on a PREDICTION i made after reading the recent report from amazon, so it will put me into a better position of letting myself do things while waiting instead of some who i believe are very anxiously waiting. i am not trying to say this in any form of bad term against anyone because i do understand when someone is addicted to a game, anxiety is a common factor that occurs. i am not so much of a game addict now, which i was in the past, so its fine for me having no pl for a day or two. but i do hope they can fix it soon though. not going to share prediction i made because some of them do not like it. i just do not want to start an argument or make any negativity in here.

Lmfao... Passive aggressive much? But hey ...lol.... you dont wanna create any negativity do you? Oh and Im not trying to be sarcastic either....haha

ufairymadafaka
04-22-2011, 02:20 AM
If pl staff free I would like to get my helm too I got my shield no helm thank you. And to all who are in withdrawal I feel u

nightshade
04-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Compare:

PL players: FIX THE FREAKIN' CONNECTION

Drug addicts: GIVE ME THE FREAKIN' COCAINE

Osnarf
04-22-2011, 02:32 AM
What pisses me off is that on http://status.aws.amazon.com/, if you scroll down to the bottom (where it shows previous server health history), it shows that on the 21st all servers were green.

Load of crap, amazon.

Torath
04-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Ya I finally get a whole day to. Sit back and play my brains out and thos happens ........

I think the wife may have something todo with it..?

Haikus
04-22-2011, 02:36 AM
What pisses me off is that on http://status.aws.amazon.com/, if you scroll down to the bottom (where it shows previous server health history), it shows that on the 21st all servers were green.

Load of crap, amazon.

Servers were green. So, no, that's not crap. They went out around 3am Texas time? So, that's accurate.

bluuuue
04-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Ok ....now its really starting to get to me...I found my bow ...loaded my shotgun...sent out invitations but running around shootin stuff with no bears and elves only brings the cops and no pinks.....its hard to solo pigs. Hint(maybe new npc ((screw angry avians)))... but really im bout to rl pl croydon

Imperial-legend
04-22-2011, 02:38 AM

Load of crap, amazon.

wow thats rite, how BS is that??

Rusalio
04-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Stop flaming!!!!!!! Your karma is gonna burn the rest of the servers.......jk

Sky../
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Is it still down? Mine gets stuck at contacting server

PaperBlade
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Servers up

not

MrZeke
04-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Lies, don't say that kinda stuff around me when I'm having withdraws from PL!! That's the worse thing you can do to a drug addict turned PL ADDICT!!

nazgulking
Not for me, unfortunately :(

Riccits
Boot him!

MrZeke
04-22-2011, 02:50 AM
That should be a auto-ban for that!

PaperBlade
04-22-2011, 02:51 AM
highlight text L2READ!!

TANKKAAR
04-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Servers up

not

You fail at jokes!

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Servers up

notBeen waiting for someone to say that in this thread.. bravo bravo round of applause your so cool dude.

MrZeke
lol that so wasn't funny!!

nazgulking
Can't on my Iphone. Lol

MrZeke
04-22-2011, 02:55 AM
Oh well time to smoke a cigarette and goto bed 3:30 am here and still no damn PL good night guys!

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 02:58 AM
My guess is if it has taken them this long today is going to be the same as yesterday.

Riccits
04-22-2011, 03:00 AM
i think we have to wait several hours more..

MrZeke
04-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Ya its been roughly 26 hrs and the worse hrs of my life lolz ^^

Bagwaan
04-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Hello space-time studios.
How long do you wait on Amazon? At what point do you pull the plug and go with a different provider so that you are able to provide product for your current customers, are able to attract additional customers, and once again sell some product?
Thanks

MrZeke
04-22-2011, 03:09 AM
hey, just let STS do there jobs! and go flame Amazon!!!

davidis57
04-22-2011, 03:10 AM
They even disabled posting to the Facebook wall cause PL was getting so spammed. So the last person who posted is getting all spam comments. lol too funny

Dark Avenger
04-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Was really hoping this would be back up by now. This is the longest most boring watch without PL.

Oreosadater
04-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Do we. Have any type of time period in which the game should be back up?

MrZeke
04-22-2011, 03:26 AM
nope, who really knows tho right

Dark Avenger
Nope, amazon has no estimated time they think it will be back up.

DOAPSaint
Do we. Have any type of time period in which the game should be back up?
Grammar much?
and I doubt anybody knows for sure... We'll probably just hear when it's all fixed up.

Venomi
04-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Gotta love the devs, apologizing for stuff they have nothing to do with. Relax guys! No need for apologies, most of us realize that this is beyond your control. As for the idiots on Facebook, ignore them. Even the most intelligent people turn into retards the second they log into Facebook. Facebook does that to people somehow :D. Lol

LOL so true

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Best bet is to just forget about PL for the next 24 hours and save yourself the stress.

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 03:38 AM
I wish there were other games like PL on the iphone that I could play while I wait... ITS JUST THAT NOTHING COMPARES :(

Greyhorse
04-22-2011, 03:38 AM
Gah! Aieeee! *twitch* *flail*

Riccits
04-22-2011, 03:40 AM
I wish there were other games like PL on the iphone that I could play while I wait... ITS JUST THAT NOTHING COMPARES :(

so true....

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 03:46 AM
I wish there were other games like PL on the iphone that I could play while I wait... ITS JUST THAT NOTHING COMPARES :(There is a game like PL but way better graphics so you need a very high end phone (tegra 2 tablet recommended) and you need wifi to play online and its a huge file and each update you have to redownload it. I played it for an hour and said f it to much screen lag to enjoy and my phone was recommended as a high end device able to play it but the game pretty much only runs smooth on a tegra 2 device. I don't want to say the name here so pm me if you're interested. Edit - It's free on android market now and supports 3G/4G.

Aralic
04-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Interesting read about the cause off this outage.. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/21/amazon-hosting-issues-knock-websites-offline/ sorry Pl / STS, I know this is horrible for you. as for us players it sucks too. I just hope it gets fixed soon for everyone, Pl and us gamers

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 03:58 AM
the amazon now has problem with some of EBS volumes and this results in data not being able to be send/receive from host to server. therefore the server is unable to send/receive data between client and server.

HOST = AMAZON
SERVER = STS
CLIENTS = PLAYERS

so in short just wait for xx hours. its won't be up for at another xx hours. its a 2 digit number but less than 20. guess it yourself.

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Im blue! I missed my elfie elfwarden wearing a cyber shield and pink merry toy wand i missed my dove nagaskywitch glowing pink with enchanted set(i havent changed my signature picture...oh) but i dont missed my bear orcwarrior with his green crocodile gear! I hope we can play PL via forum Lol

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 04:01 AM
thanks for your patience withus!

mclark
04-22-2011, 04:03 AM
SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game. I understand that the EC2 outage is Amazon's fault, but SpaceTime does have some responsibility to their customers to choose a server model that is reliable. Granted Amazon Cloud has some of the best uptime % in the world, and they are a great choice, but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility. I think SpaceTime knows this, and that is why it's reasonable for them to apologize a little to us. : )

Slush
04-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Old-school server anyone? ;)

Drekkthar
04-22-2011, 04:12 AM
SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game. I understand that the EC2 outage is Amazon's fault, but SpaceTime does have some responsibility to their customers to choose a hosting model that is reliable. Granted Amazon has some of the best uptime % in the world, and they are a great choice, but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility.

Wow this guy is asking to be banned! Rember people this is a free game with no monthy subscription to provide devs with money to host thier own server, program, comeup with new ideas, etc. Besides even if they did manage thier own servers who says it would be more or just as stable? Cloud has been a very reliable host but this outage is a very big black mark imo.

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 04:19 AM
SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game. I understand that the EC2 outage is Amazon's fault, but SpaceTime does have some responsibility to their customers to choose a server model that is reliable. Granted Amazon Cloud has some of the best uptime % in the world, and they are a great choice, but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility. I think SpaceTime knows this, and that is why it's reasonable for them to apologize a little to us. : )
I don't think the devs are to blame at all... Cloud has been very reliable and was probably the best choice. Now that the servers are down everyone suddenly thinks that it was a bad decision to choose Amazon. I'm betting that this will never happen again once it is fixed, and blaming people and complaining about it won't put the servers up any faster. I'm shocked how many people are posting and complaining that have barely joined/posted in the forums before!

hidden_lantern
04-22-2011, 04:26 AM

If they managed their own servers, this game would not be free. They would have to charge a monthly fee to play.

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 04:29 AM

he is not talking about who to blame. he is talking about responsibilities and he subjected it in a very reasonable way. he is not trying to blame sts for choosing amazon, neither is he blaming amazon for having this problem from what i understand in his post. and responsibilities is what everyone needs to make it a better world in technological or physical state.

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 04:34 AM
he is not talking about who to blame. he is talking about responsibilities and he subjected it in a very reasonable way. he is not trying to blame sts for choosing amazon, neither is he blaming amazon for having this problem from what i understand in his post. and responsibilities is what everyone needs to make it a better world in technological or physical state.
hmmm...?

SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game.

but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility.
Why would he say that at all then?
Also, he edited his post a few times to make it sound less like an accusation...

burgerdeel
04-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Any way we can get an email / push notification when the server is up?

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 04:48 AM
I believe they will post it here and on FB.

davidis57
04-22-2011, 04:49 AM
I think after 48 pages of posts, numerous Facebook posts, and other threads with more posts all that was said is enough. Blaming anyone at this point is not being helpful. For the most part this game is free so no one should be complaining. Nobody knows when servers will be fixed so we just have to wait.

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 04:51 AM
hmmm...?

Why would he say that at all then?
Also, he edited his post a few times to make it sound less like an accusation...

it is true that sts shares responsibilities for our inability to access the game. take for example in a family you are a father to a kid. you are supporting your kid on his education fees by working in company XXX. one day company XXX encountered financial problem and have to close down, you became jobless, and eventually may encounter a hard time supporting your kid on his education fee. will you tell your kid its all company XXX fault and i am not responsible for it? and then who can be blamed? i think for all those who are already parents will understand this.

for the last quote you made, the above case study also relative to it.

as for why he post it, i have no idea.

for my point of view, blaming is not a very good thing to do.

i can even admit that i do have some grudges about their recent updates on pl and some of my post is kinda harsh and rude. but i continue to play (even though i did have plan to quit). why did i choose to play you may ask. its because i came to know that sts is responsible and responsive which i don't always see in other games' site/server.

Fawayleik
04-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Look at the comments down the page. There a Sys Admin writing something. Can anybody translate it for me in understandable easy words?

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/04/21/amazon-ec2-goes-down-taking-with-it-reddit-foursquare-and-quora/

burgerdeel
04-22-2011, 04:53 AM
for my point of view, blaming is not a very good thing to do.

I think we can at least blame them for creating such an awesome game =D

Uniboom
04-22-2011, 04:53 AM
My little animals in the wild forests are missing me i hope my elf is taking good care of them!!! Pl i miss you!!!

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 04:54 AM
They can't be responsible if it was out of their control, which it was.

Uniboom
04-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Some days i would be on pl till like 6 am and i though it got boring but now i never realized how much i could miss such a great game, spacetime ill wait this out patiently like you guys are thanks for making a great game!!!

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 04:58 AM
I've only seen a few blame STS probably because they did not read anything. These people need someone to blame, why not Amazon? That is the most logical choice, and it is their fault no matter what way you look at it. Just because it wasn't intentional does not mean they aren't to be blames. Man buys gun, child finds gun in his fathers closet, kid shoots himself. Who's fault is it? Man drives car, kid gets hit by car on accident, who's fault is it? Your iphone blows up in your face and you are now blind in both eyes and horribly disfigured, who's fault is it?

mclark
04-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Guys, I am not blaming anyone. I am talking about responsibility. I currently work for a company that is in the midst of deciding whether to use cloud computing, or to manage our own servers. Our customers won't care whether we're using Amazon cloud, or Microsoft cloud, or Google cloud, or Rackspace, or running servers in our basement. What they care about is 99.9% uptime of _our_ product, and it's our responsibility to deliver it. So I am just projecting some of my experience. Maybe it's not a fair comparison.

Whatever the case, I have no interest in casting blame. My goal was simply to contemplate the issues at hand, because they are interesting to me (and I hope I am not alone in this, otherwise I just bothered everyone for no good reason.)

sayarn
04-22-2011, 05:12 AM
If they would have paid to spread info accross east cost and west cost servers , the crash wouldn't have happen. I understand why they didn't but that would have been the safe thing to do . As far as this being a "free" game. It has buyable content and there are ALOT of people who spend cash on it . Plat is not free after all lol . Before birthday all the maps cost as well with All the extras . I am just worried that the char info isn't backed up and alot of toons will be unleveled . Guess I'll just keep fingers crossed .... Lol .... Hope we are live soon . Gameing is a ruff addiction to break hahahaha.....

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 05:18 AM
personally i will not blame sts and amazon for such thing to happen.

Reasons:
Without amazon, a lot web service will not work. amazon is providing services for "companies" and we should always appreciate things like that. things will always happen no matter good or bad. when something bad happens, its not going to help by blaming them. we definitely have no power or knowledge to help them. so at the very least be supportive to them.

And for sts, they provide a game service like in this case Pocket Legends for us to play and enjoy. i don't blame them for this to happen because its not sts having the problem to the inaccessibility to server.

But as responsibilities:
amazon held the bigger part of the responsibilities because they are the only one who can resolve the problem and they are trying very hard to do so.

while sts held the smaller part of the responsibilities because they are the provider of the game service and will have the most latest news well ahead of us. so at the very least, sts can keep us informed and which they did.

Tamino
04-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Economic issues could suggest STS to tie up servers in one zone only - Of course STS got enough assurances about the robustness of a cloud environment even in a single zone. Maybe this event will force Amazon to strenght its systems redundancy and recovery procedures, or to reduce the cost of a (proven) not enough reliable single zone service.

Skyler84
04-22-2011, 05:37 AM
My friend just told me a very good statement. For all those who want to blame, don't blame sts or amazon but yourself. Because its your choice of choosing to play pl.

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 05:40 AM
What's wrong with Pocket Legends? Nothing. What's wrong with Amazon? A lot.

Samhayne
04-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Update 6:00 AM Central on 4/22 - Happy Earth Day! We've monitored through the night, but Pocket Legends remains down. We will let you know as soon as we have more input. In the meantime, here's some reading if you are interested: What We Can Learn From Amazon’s Cloud Collapse (http://mashable.com/2011/04/22/amazon-cloud-collapse/)

WILLIAM cmy
04-22-2011, 05:43 AM
My friend just told me a very good statement. For all those who want to blame, don't blame sts or amazon but yourself. Because its your choice of choosing to play pl.

Sorry to say, but you as well as your friend are just too naive and stupid. Guess that's how you two could be friend. LOL

Justintimeforme
04-22-2011, 05:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110421/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_amazon_outages

Osnarf
04-22-2011, 05:49 AM
@burgerdeel They did what?!?! Those dirty little....

@kaotiicxDream Strong statement. Care to provide support for it? Not to say PL isn't a great game, but I've seen plenty of people on here saying how they havent spent time with their family in a long time or have been neglecting their daily responsibilities until today because they're so addicted. Amazon gives me free 2 day shipping, and generally lists products cheaper than Wal-Mart. I can't really think of anything negative that has come my way from them before today.

Justintimeforme
04-22-2011, 05:49 AM
http://mashable.com/2011/04/22/amazon-cloud-collapse/