PDA

View Full Version : Townes getting attacked?!

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Ive been thinking about this for probly a week now.

Now wat if every once in a while, say u hop into a town, like balefort, and a message pops up saying something like "oh no, (insert boss name here) has taken over balefort castle along with his league of minions, join the fight to take back the towne!". Instead of just the regular five-man team, it could be the entire town population (24 i think it was?) Fighting againts an unbelievable amount of minions and the boss (all twice as strong then they are in the dungeons), but this could be a random event throughout the year so the minions and boss could drop double xp and gold when killed, and whoever lands the final blow on the boss could get some super rare item as a prize while everybody else would get a miscellaneous purp or pink.

Now i realize organizing something this big would no doubt take a lot of time and a crazy amount of hard work, but i think ive solved that problem. Maybe it would occur like once a month or every 2 months or something like that, and it doesnt have to be every map of that specific town, maybe only like 1 or 2.

Please humor me on this idea, i would very much like some feedback.

NeoQueen
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Sounds interesting. I would definitely be there.

nabidavid
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
I like the idea, but I bet it would cause a lot of hardware stress for some people's phones, maybe even the server.

Again, although, I am all for it if it is possible. Good thinkin'.

superss
04-21-2011, 11:16 AM
ooo id like that! like for the sewers hordes of zombies (like 500 of them) rush the halls lol

spookytooth
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Cool ive seen this done before in another game where for 2 weeks orcs had tried to siege the town and they would randomly spawn in town and attack ppl, was fun and got some rare drops during the siege

Otukura
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't want to be caught with fail gear then be onehitted by a boss. And how would you compensate for the difference of levels in the players?

Arterra
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
User has been disconnected

Another 120k ping

User has been disconnected

Physiologic
04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Dont think this is feasible yet on most mobile devices. Pregcd 5 man parties had intermittent lag when everyone spanned skills so I dont want to imagine what 25 people spamming skills would result in.

MoarPewPew
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
This was suggested awhile ago. I'll find the thread. I highly doubt this will be implemented because the point of towns are supposed to be "safe zones"

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6112-Massive-Towne-Massacre! Lightinglords

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11220-Random-Town-Events

Mine

KaotiicxDream
04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Dont think this is feasible yet on most mobile devices. Pregcd 5 man parties had intermittent lag when everyone spanned skills so I dont want to imagine what 25 people spamming skills would result in.

25 mages spamming their skills at once o.O insane lag ..

Simnar
04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
i say why the hell not pl needs somn a lil spiffy now adays

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 12:34 PM
i understand that there are a few problems with my idea and in am currently working on a solution (without much luck :P) hopefully i can somehow come up with something that would make this work, until then i would like to thank you all for your input :)

Barbamitsos
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Ive been thinking about this for probly a week now.

Now wat if every once in a while, say u hop into a town, like balefort, and a message pops up saying something like "oh no, (insert boss name here) has taken over balefort castle along with his league of minions, join the fight to take back the towne!". Instead of just the regular five-man team, it could be the entire town population (24 i think it was?) Fighting againts an unbelievable amount of minions and the boss (all twice as strong then they are in the dungeons), but this could be a random event throughout the year so the minions and boss could drop double xp and gold when killed, and whoever lands the final blow on the boss could get some super rare item as a prize while everybody else would get a miscellaneous purp or pink.

Now i realize organizing something this big would no doubt take a lot of time and a crazy amount of hard work, but i think ive solved that problem. Maybe it would occur like once a month or every 2 months or something like that, and it doesnt have to be every map of that specific town, maybe only like 1 or 2.

Please humor me on this idea, i would very much like some feedback.

S UCH AN AWESOME IDEA
Hope devs her u

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
This was suggested awhile ago. I'll find the thread. I highly doubt this will be implemented because the point of towns are supposed to be "safe zones"

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6112-Massive-Towne-Massacre! Lightinglords

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11220-Random-Town-Events

Mine

i see how my idea is similar to lightninglords' but its got a little more of a twist to it

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't want to be caught with fail gear then be onehitted by a boss. And how would you compensate for the difference of levels in the players?

for this problem safety-in-numbers would come into effect, monsters tend to head for the guy who is the strongest or does the most damage and because of the 24 man team odds are there are bound to be some high-ish level guys in there ergo the higher the level, the more damge is done, the safer the low levels are to leach....and if there arent any high levels, that would suck lol

KaotiicxDream
04-21-2011, 01:22 PM
If this comes true will I always join a towne with 20-23 players in it and the highest levelled must be at least lvl 55... Really bad if u r afk and a boss attacks the towne

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
If this comes true will I always join a towne with 20-23 players in it and the highest levelled must be at least lvl 55... Really bad if u r afk and a boss attacks the towne

the thing is, it wont happen in randomly in an already populated towne, it would happen if say u joined a towne that had to be made because of overflow then the message would pop up telling you that the towne was under attack as u entered the towne and u would start in a safe area so u could invite/wait for more people.

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
What if it's like forest haven with level 1 people

Zipponator
04-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes this idea sounds awsome except i have a few ideas to improve it.
1. Make it that not hundreds on enemies come but more like 30 minions and 5 bosses.( lot less lag )
2. Make it only in certain townes, for example alien oasis or glumdoll where there are less people and where people in balefort can trade and buy in peace and lv 1 in forest haven wont be slaughtered ( even though it would be funny ).
3. Make it also a points system, where whoever gets the most points ( minion kill: 1 point , boss kill: 5 points) gets the drop, so there isnt about 15 ppl getting drops at same time.

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Alien oasis has alot more people now

Rusalio
04-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Ok this suggestion is much like the "hey, if everyone attacks the balloons and you beat on it for a while, everyone get 5 plat when it pops" baaaaawah....that being said, I've never seen or heard the masses complaining about lags when tons of ppl are around beating on the balloon for 10 minutes. Now something like that would suffice players amusement, especially in this case the balloon as an example, could be gassing or doing ol based stomps. Perhaps doable and entertaining.... Even better if someone stirs up the monster when crowds of people are by..... Actually be funny and entertaining

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
BTW u should get like a 1 minute chance to invite, equip gear, or escape

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 11:43 PM
What if it's like forest haven with level 1 people

I already answered that problem in a previous post, safety-in-numbers, odds are there's going to be someone higher level to distract the monsters from the weaker peoples.

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 11:45 PM
BTW u should get like a 1 minute chance to invite, equip gear, or escape

Also in a previous post i have addressed this problem as well, like in any dungeon, there would be a safe zone at the spawn point.

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Fine but what if they're all level 13 and under

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 11:47 PM
And have u noticed that sewers bank vault u can spawn directly on front of the boss

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Still I love ur idea

Whirlzap
04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
This once happened in a game called La Tale for a winter event, they either summoned a level 150 boss (highest level is 199) to the main town and it had 5x more HP, so we sat there killing it. Another town of you sat down in a certain place you got warped to a continuous monster spawning place starting with level 100s allthe way to 190 bosses, like 12 of them together*.*

Piosidon
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Hope the devs see this

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Fine but what if they're all level 13 and under

ive solved this problem as well (lol u cant stump me) attacks wont just suddenly occur in an already populated towne, as i said before in another previous post, it would occur when a new map of watever town is created because of overflow, and with the safe zone at the start of the map a weaker guy could either wait for stronger guys, invite stronger guys, or leave if they want

Lowlyspy
04-21-2011, 11:56 PM
And have u noticed that sewers bank vault u can spawn directly on front of the boss

Indeed i have, but im talking about townes, not places like the sewer vault

Lowlyspy
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Yes this idea sounds awsome except i have a few ideas to improve it.
1. Make it that not hundreds on enemies come but more like 30 minions and 5 bosses.( lot less lag )
2. Make it only in certain townes, for example alien oasis or glumdoll where there are less people and where people in balefort can trade and buy in peace and lv 1 in forest haven wont be slaughtered ( even though it would be funny ).
3. Make it also a points system, where whoever gets the most points ( minion kill: 1 point , boss kill: 5 points) gets the drop, so there isnt about 15 ppl getting drops at same time.

I like #1 and 2, noobs would get mad and start complaining that they kept getting owned lol
3 seems like a little more trouble then its worth
Thanks for the great ideas

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok I'm speechless

Raulur
04-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I've been in other games that did this. It caused epic lag, but it was still epic fun. Might actually give the crier something to cry about too :-)

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 12:19 AM
What's the point of town crier anyway

japanboy
04-22-2011, 12:34 AM
idea is correct, but it will cause lags... so...