PDA

View Full Version : New update wont install!

Drekkthar
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
I first saw an update and since servers are down I figured perfect timing. Since we had problems wuth last install. I first uninstalled then proceeded to download and install from the android market. To my dismay it will not install!?!? First server issues and now unable to install. Is this due to servers being down? HELP!

choco
04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
not due to the servers.

i failed my first download as well. maybe try to get the .apk from the site?

wendys5158
04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
not let me connect aaahh

Raulur
04-21-2011, 11:18 PM
I had the same problem with the last client update, here's the fix from that thread:

This isn't a problem related to PL btw, it's a problem which seems to usually occur due to interrupted installations to sdcard, and is pretty common, especially for large apps.

To fix this, find the .android_secure directory on the sdcard and remove the 'smdl2tmp1.asec' file. You can either do this by mounting the sdcard on a computer, or with a file manager app.

This is the fix for the install problem. AFAIK, the servers are still down anyway, but at least you can get the install fixed.

xBearSpiritx
04-22-2011, 04:37 AM
Only realised there was the 1.7.1.1 update today via the Marketplace. Downloaded and installed without any issues.

Drekkthar
04-22-2011, 05:00 AM
I had the same problem with the last client update, here's the fix from that thread:

This is the fix for the install problem. AFAIK, the servers are still down anyway, but at least you can get the install fixed.

Went to directory on sd card and there is no such file, infact there was no files.

adwin
04-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Went to directory on sd card and there is no such file, infact there was no files.

Your sd card is mounted on /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard
You can find that for yourself by doing (in an adb shell or otherwise):
# mount|grep sd
It's impossible that your sdcard is empty, since android stores quite a bit of information on it.
In any case, once you find the mount point, you can also try deleting /{sdcard_mount_point}/Android/data/sts.pl

LADYHADASSA
04-22-2011, 07:30 AM
I am not a computer expert but....it would seem that waiting until pl is back online before updating anything would be wise.. Just a thought

Bingbongbang
04-22-2011, 09:00 AM

U might have USB bricked your phone. Killing your SD card

krullnan
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
no files said on this thread are on my phone leading me to beleive installation and updating could be available when servers are back and running? not an expert but i see nothing else but that to be the problem

Energel
04-23-2011, 01:09 AM
They're all hidden folders, unhide them and you'll find them.