PDA

View Full Version : Improve the Chat System! Please!! Dx

UnretroGamer
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey there I just wanted to put my two cents in and say that the chat system is crap in this game, the farthest you can see is five lines of chat, and 1 line while you are playing. Now that font size is not bad, but I just think we should have a larger preview, and that entering chat should be as quick as possible. It takes too long and too many buttons to chat, it's also very slow.

Pretty much what I am suggesting is:

A larger chat log
A quicker process from game play, to entering chat
Better performance with the chat system

My concept would be:
To have the chat button, as it is now but with four chat preview lines instead of one as it is now, next to it. Then you can tap the chat button to open the keyboard and enter text (no complication, quick and easy). Then to see the full chat log (covering the entire screen, with a transparent black background to still be able to see the game) just hold the chat button for three seconds, tap to exit full screen chat.

For the quick replies, you can hold-tap the chat preview box for over one second to show the quick reply menu like you have now, but instead of four quick replies, eight or ten. Just tap to say it, or tap anywhere else to exit that menu and cancel.

I think this would be easier and quicker, this way people can socialize more in the game.

Jaysal
04-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I completely agree with original poster.

UnretroGamer
04-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks, I'm hoping a developer reads this soon.

Zezima
04-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Or you can make the quick replies a part of the emotions, so if you press the emotions they will pop up as well.
Or simply make a new button for the quick chat next to the emotion button.

Just my opinion!

// Z

Jakis
04-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey there I just wanted to put my two cents in and say that the chat system is crap in this game, the farthest you can see is five lines of chat, and 1 line while you are playing. Now that font size is not bad, but I just think we should have a larger preview, and that entering chat should be as quick as possible. It takes too long and too many buttons to chat, it's also very slow.

Pretty much what I am suggesting is:

A larger chat log
A quicker process from game play, to entering chat
Better performance with the chat system

My concept would be:
To have the chat button, as it is now but with four chat preview lines instead of one as it is now, next to it. Then you can tap the chat button to open the keyboard and enter text (no complication, quick and easy). Then to see the full chat log (covering the entire screen, with a transparent black background to still be able to see the game) just hold the chat button for three seconds, tap to exit full screen chat.

For the quick replies, you can hold-tap the chat preview box for over one second to show the quick reply menu like you have now, but instead of four quick replies, eight or ten. Just tap to say it, or tap anywhere else to exit that menu and cancel.

I think this would be easier and quicker, this way people can socialize more in the game.

Thanks for the constructive section of your feedback. I've noticed some of the same things. In fact, this is similar to how it works on the iPad version of the game. There's a quickchat button and a 'custom chat' button. Also the chat is controlled by a multi-state button which cycles between one and five lines of chat. Full screen chat is a good idea, I could add that as a third state :)

I'd like to get as much of that functionality in as possible for the iPhone version too. For now:
I added four lines of chat, but I'm very hesitant to add another button to the heads up display. However, I'd like to make chat as easy as possible and there are things I can do to improve it (like make it a multi-state button). My other changes to the iPhone help and the heads up display will be in the next application update (not the next content update) and I hope this will be a much nicer experience.
.j.

UnretroGamer
04-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the constructive section of your feedback. I've noticed some of the same things. In fact, this is similar to how it works on the iPad version of the game. There's a quickchat button and a 'custom chat' button. Also the chat is controlled by a multi-state button which cycles between one and five lines of chat. Full screen chat is a good idea, I could add that as a third state :)

I'd like to get as much of that functionality in as possible for the iPhone version too. For now:
I added four lines of chat, but I'm very hesitant to add another button to the heads up display. However, I'd like to make chat as easy as possible and there are things I can do to improve it (like make it a multi-state button). My other changes to the iPhone help and the heads up display will be in the next application update (not the next content update) and I hope this will be a much nicer experience.
.j.

Thanks for that! If that was just because of my comment, how cool thanks for listening. Sounds great, I'm just hoping for you guys to make it as easy as possible to socialize because right now it is annoying.

and btw, I think 4 lines in the chat preview is just right. :)

just work on it though, and I'm looking forward to the next update!