PDA

View Full Version : Introduction of PvP bringing down PvE.

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Like my title? It's a little more friendly I am hoping. But I do have some negitive things to say, others have already brought this up. But with the introduction of 1.2 we can no longer target correctly. Meaning bad news for PvE. So me and some guys were playing bye bayou, we were on frogmar the weotch. Everyone died except for me, I was on my 33 tank. I'm using buffs and potions to survive but knowing i can't target the witch and sometimes randomly NPCs will get blown back way further then they should I aggroed the whole end of the dungeon. With about 20 guys now my only way to hit frogmar is to stomp.... I tried to target her way earlier but failed. So this brings the lack of crowd control and I had stomped the whole mob to about 1/8th of health frogmar the weotch did her magic trick and one shotted me. Very angering.

Zallian
05-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I think they made it where you cant target the boss mobs until all other mobs in the area are died. they probly did this to slow down farming swamps.

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 12:37 AM
I don't think that's the case. But maybe so. I know they made a mistake and are putting out a 1.2.1 to fix it, only downside is we will have to wait 5-10 days.

Royce
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
No, it's a bug, and a bad one, but they're on top of it. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2327-1.2-update.-Unable-to-target-monsters

ratava
05-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Should the title be 1.2 bringing down PvE?

Does anyone have any suggestions on Targetting? It's a crucial part of the Combat mechanic.

EG: A "TAB" system that cycles through prospective targets or/and can "lock" a target ??

Think this could really improve gameplay if it's possible and works quickly? What do you think?