PDA

View Full Version : The New Dillema

FluffNStuff
04-21-2011, 02:29 PM
+5 Armor/Damage or Luck???

Also curious if people are gonna start kicking founder helm wearers for having an unfair advantage ;)

Kingofhurtz
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
For me, founders helm until boss. I'll probably end up forgetting though...

spookytooth
04-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Id go founder for the run to the boss and thru most of the boss kill the switch to luck rigjt before the kill for the chance at better drop lotsa switchin but best results

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
You jest, Fluff, but I'd really like to know how many of the people who got the helm would have complained if it had been something they couldn't get. I'm actually amazed at how quiet people are over this, and wondering if it's just because word has not gotten around yet about the bonus stats.

Physiologic
04-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Les...people are quiet because Droid users weren't even whining about the April-May restriction when the helm was first mentioned. After the devs switched it to 6 months, the iOS users threw a rage fit that more people would get the helm and thus render it more common.

Note how not a single Droider complained about the devs switching it back to April-May. We're cool about it. We never complained about iOS users getting a bunch of Droid antennas.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Les...people are quiet because Droid users weren't even whining about the April-May restriction when the helm was first mentioned. After the devs switched it to 6 months, the iOS users threw a rage fit that more people would get the helm and thus render it more common.

Note how not a single Droider complained about the devs switching it back to April-May. We're cool about it. We never complained about iOS users getting a bunch of Droid antennas.

I agree, Phys, the big hubbub happened after the devs announced the 6 month thing.

But not all iOS people got it either. I didn't have an iPhone till August, so I don't get one. And I was fine with it when it was originally announced, bc I never thought the devs would pull something like this.

BlazeMystic
04-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah I'll definitely be doing a lot of booting from now on. jk ;) Actually I think it is a real shame that people got so upset over the helm because they didn't qualify for it and probably I think this may have ruined the enjoyment for some players who actually earned the helm in the first place.

FluffNStuff
04-21-2011, 03:22 PM

Clearly you did not check facebook regarding the original April-May restriction ...

Groad
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Please don't compare FB comments to forums...it demeans forum users. :)

Physiologic
04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Clearly you did not check facebook regarding the original April-May restriction ...

What info was posted on their fb regarding the helm? I rarely have time to check PL's fb cause 1) my friends' newsfeeds completely shoves PL down the list and 2) people spam way too many things on it. I try to filter results to Pocket Legends to get news every now and then but didn't see anything regarding the helm lately.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Please don't compare FB comments to forums...it demeans forum users. :)

Agreed. I stopped reading that page because it was giving me the same awful feeling about humanity that Wife Swap gives me.

DawnInfinity
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Agreed. I stopped reading that page because it was giving me the same awful feeling about humanity that Wife Swap gives me.

Yeah, its hard to go on that page because it's so... Facebook-y.

I was kind of anxious at first about the helms then happy when it changed, and now I'm slightly disappointed. It's not a huge deal though. I missed the deadline by about a week. The booting cause of founders helm thing is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Physiologic
04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Wife Swap? Is that worse than My Super Sweet 16?

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Wife Swap? Is that worse than My Super Sweet 16?

I saw an episode where a mother would feed her dogs on the good china, but made her family eat on paper plates. And another one with a woman so spiteful that she forced a family of bikeriders to ride a hummer instead of their bikes. So yeah, I'd say it's worse.

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Eh, I think it'd be ridiculous to boot someone for the helm. I hope PL makes something only for droid users who joined at start for droid, that's avail only to droid users. :)

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Eh, I think it'd be ridiculous to boot someone for the helm. I hope PL makes something only for droid users who joined at start for droid, that's avail only to droid users. :)

While they're at it, why don't they make something just for redheads between the ages of 25-30.

CanonicalKoi
04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
While they're at it, why don't they make something just for redheads between the ages of 25-30.

Lol, Les. I was just thinking, "How about for left-handed players with bird characters, born in a month with "R" in it?" You beat me to it. :)

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 04:24 PM
My comment was about making something for droid users was sarcasm....

But I bet if they did, lots of iOS users would complain.

Otukura
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
It gives out those kind odd stats? don't even get near my room to streak my kills...

Or pvp because youll have an unfair advantage...

Gaddy
04-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I think all of these "retroactive rewards" are potentially divisive and not in the best interests of the player base at large...

Very Ill conceived of STS in general, and specifically ill conceived to go changing up the parameters of the stats/dates/modes after the fact - they only manage to make EVERYONE upset ( at least for a moment or two) by this sort of shenanigans...

Ixillicus
04-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Seems unlikely. Nobody likes gingers. :P

Diodge
04-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Can any level wear that helm?

Im glad I dont pvp.(Thats if any level can use it)

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Seems unlikely. Nobody likes gingers. :P

Then we really deserve something special to make us feel better :p

Can any level wear that helm?

Im glad I dont pvp.(Thats if any level can use it)

Yep, it's lvl 1.

Zeus
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I love how nobody complains when the Founders helm gets bonus stats, however when the PL shield had stats. Everybody complained. Funny how it works...

Kindread
04-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I love how nobody complains when the Founders helm gets bonus stats, however when the PL shield had stats. Everybody complained. Funny how it works...

Haha. It's because all the people who complained before are hypocrits and will only complain about "unfair advantage" if it doesn't benefit them. But when it does benefit them, it's a great idea.

kallima
04-21-2011, 06:53 PM

There was a discussion early this morning. See it here

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24244-Vanity-helms-still-appear-when-hide-helm-is-checked/page2

Edit: I'm officially a forum centenarian! 101 posts!

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 07:13 PM
First of all, people who started playing PL when it was first released probably never thought they might get some special item for joining early until the Devs announced it. So the stats of the helm are not an incentive to play, but an unexpected reward.

For instance, do you want your friends hanging out with you because they think you might give them a gift? No, but you might give a close friend a gift in appreciation of their lasting friendship. The latter is a genuine friend. :)

--

Oh, and I wear my Founder's helm at all times except bosses :D

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Actually, no one complained about the PL/Comm Shields having stats until the GoAs/PL shield owners complained about the Gratitude shields having better stats.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
First of all, people who started playing PL when it was first released probably never thought they might get some special item for joining early until the Devs announced it. So the stats of the helm are not an incentive to play, but an unexpected reward.

For instance, do you want your friends hanging out with you because they think you might give them a gift? No, but you might give a close friend a gift in appreciation of their lasting friendship. The latter is a genuine friend. :)

--

What does that have to do with you guys getting a vanity item with bonus stats that no one else can get?

Arterra
04-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm not happy about it on principle. It's a vanity helm. If they want it to have stats, make it a normal helm. The luck vanity helm is a special example, basically a permanent mini elixir. This is just extra stats. A super ring.

Zeus
04-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Actually, no one complained about the PL/Comm Shields having stats until the GoAs/PL shield owners complained about the Gratitude shields having better stats.

Yea, because it only made sense that they should have better stats. But, if the developers are sticking to the rules that no advantages, they should apply that on founder's helms too.

kallima
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM

--

So are you implying that those that received the community shields simply put in the hours playing PL, researching stats, gameplay etc, then compiling the data to post here, simply did it to get the shield? If so, that's pretty cynical of you. If not, please elaborate because what previous posters were comparing were the helm vs the community shield. Let me expand on your analogy...
The people who were lucky enough to be in my math class, don't all get rewarded for having that pleasure, the people who put in the effort to befriend me and work equally as hard nurturing said friendship, do. That's the equivalent of the helm vs the community shield - lucky enough to have an apple device at PL launch vs actually working to make PL better and help others.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Yea, because it only made sense that they should have better stats. But, if the developers are sticking to the rules that no advantages, they should apply that on founder's helms too.

Yep, we're in agreement on that. I find it incredibly confusing/surprising that the same update released two completely opposite items.

Corpser
04-21-2011, 07:29 PM
im REALLY disapointed i didnqualify for one lol

shame and i was annoyed about the stats and i know ill wanna join an uproar if the veteren helmet looks bad or has no stats/low stats ill be fine if its +5 armor and thats all because the fouders need some advantage.

hang on the founders get both helms anyway -_-

if it is a helm

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Again, why do the founders "need" an advantage?

kallima
04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Let me answer for you, it's not a point of need, they are ENTITLED to it because they "deserve" it. :p

Corpser
04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Let me answer for you, it's not a point of need, they are ENTITLED to it because they "deserve" it. :p

what they said lol

they dont need it but they deserve it.

Lucilulu
04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Founder helm with stats best idea ever (never mind I have one), community and PL with stats is worst idea imaginable (no I don't have) and that gratitude shield, should have never taken those stats away :rolleyes: (you caught me may have it as well). I'm sure the devs will work it out.

spookytooth
04-21-2011, 07:42 PM
but yea id wear founder then luck for boss final blows....

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
@ Lesrider and kallima

The point of my post is to say a few things.

One of them (PL & Community shield vs. Founders) is the fact that, even though it's highly unlikely and the receivers of the shields are good people, the prescense of a reward brings with it a the possibility that people's motives are just to obtain a twink item. I'm not making any generalizations, but it's a fact.

I'm not saying recipients of the Founder's Day helm are any more worthy, but the Devs will keep the stats because they want to reward those who helped them jump-start the game without expecting any unique item or recognition.

--

This is my theory for why the shields have no armor now, because the Devs want them to be about the community, not a rewards giving an advantage. The difference is people can still "earn" a PL or Community Shield, but you can't go back in time and join PL early.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the PL and Community vanity shields giving a few armor or regen. But as I mentioned earlier, that (especially in the case of the Community shield) would, to an extent, alter people's motives. :)

kallima
04-21-2011, 07:59 PM
I see your point and agree but by that same logic the helm should be about recognizing the founders and not the stats. Like the community shield is about the community. Both are given to reward players for one reason or another, the rarity of the item is the reward, not the stats. Additionally, if devs continue to create an imbalance on the stats of reward items given, they create more divisive debate that deteriotes the unity they want among the forum and PL community.

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Okay my last post was kind of confusing. I'll sum it up.

The Developers put stats on the Founder's Helm but removed them from the PL and Community Shield to show that:

1. They value and appreciate veterans who helped them start and expand the game in the past.

2. In the present game, they recognize those who make extraordinary contributions to the community, but don't value other players any less.

kallima
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM

The Developers put stats on the Founder's Helm but removed them from the PL and Community Shield to show that:

1. They value and appreciate veterans who helped them start and expand the game in the past.

2. In the present game, they recognize those who make extraordinary contributions to the community, but don't value other players any less.

Okay and your opinion of the reason they removed stats from the shield of gratitude?

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Okay and your opinion of the reason they removed stats from the shield of gratitude?

The shield of gratitude was given to anyone who simply purchase the main spine, which can be accomplished solely on the Free Plat system. Many people got it, and used it for twinking. Because of the armor rating, anyone who twinks and didn't get a shield was at a terrible dissadvantage.

So it's not hard to get, and it produces a radical change on twinking. A change was expected :)

Zeus
04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Night, I have to say that doesn't make any rational sense. We worked equally hard to earn our shields. Then got the stats nerfed on them. Night, while I love you as a friend, that seems to be an elitist attitude right there. If they are going to remove stats from the shield, then they should do it to all special rewards.

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM

So with that you feel that they value the people who started it more than those who started later or make extraordinary contributions to the community/game? That makes absolutely no sense, oh my bad i'm valued less because I hate apple and I own a droid so I'm less valuable because of this, OR I have made extraordinary contributions to the game but im less valued than those who just happened to have an iphone and dlled the app when released. Yes, that makes absolute sense. /sarcasm

And Range, you took the words right out of my mouth, seems quite a few of those who joined when pl started have an 'elitist' attitude and that's a big turn off. Lose it, imho just because you were here since the beginning it doesn't make you anymore valuable then the next joe blow.

Diodge
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
They need it because they took there multi tap away. hehehe jk

It is vanity.
I dont even know what to think. I don't pvp in this game. I never will.
I do my pvp/arena in WOW. I always put down a few hours a night to do this. If this was added in WOW and someone had just that small little advantage. I would not save my drama for my mama. I would be all over it.

I pve here. It wont effect me at all but help the group.

kallima
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
And the helms don't have the possibility of affecting twink PVP? Some people who have received the helms have already posted saying they will own at PVP, those stats (+5 armor & attack!) provide a clear advantage at the early levels! I do twink at lvl 15 n 20 and it's a challenge I don't mind but your explanation still doesn't ring true to me.

Don't misunderstand me, I appreciate your input and respect that we are carrying on a discussion maturely (because some would have gone the expletive/flame route already) but it still seems a bit contradictory. I sound a bit sour, I was disappointed, read updates where Droiders would be included, and then a final update where they reversed their decision. I'm happy for those that received them, don't think many will abuse it for PVP but the possibility is still there; and yes I'm still reeling from the roller coaster ride that was the debate over the helms.

Rusalio
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Sorry, I agree that the devs can do anything they want and think they should have something special for long timers.... How is that different from real life founders in history? They get the recognition. People that benefit from the founders intentions and dreams never get anything more UNLESS there is a large contribution to the founders original intent and goals.

I do see it as a possible disadvantage as it should be....that's just life!!

Snakespeare
04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
The community shield signifies that you are a guardian. It doesn't need stats. Guardians do what they do because it is their nature. Devs appoint them based on this sense of character. The shield doesn't need stats. It tells us to keep it up, sempre fi and all that.

If the founders get 5 points of armor, well, good for them. The helm would be just as cool without armor points. As a fellow player, I would be glad to see a founder's helm in the party. Send him to the front lines!

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't mind the helms btw if they want to recognize those who have been here longest, but make it a vanity like everything else. There shouldn't be unfair advantages in games like these that affect gameplay. It makes the game unbalanced.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-21-2011, 08:29 PM
so what is the bonus on it.. and i dont think it is fair to boot people with it, they earned it.. if you boot it will not be fair

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't mind the helms btw if they want to recognize those who have been here longest, but make it a vanity like everything else. There shouldn't be unfair advantages in games like these that affect gameplay. It makes the game unbalanced.

i think its fair these people have stuck with the game since the begginng and they deserve a reward and this is the perfect one i think! :)

kallima
04-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry, I agree that the devs can do anything they want and think they should have something special for long timers.... How is that different from real life founders in history? The get the recognition. People that benefit from the founders never get anything more UNLESS there is a recognizable contribution to the founders original intent and goals.

I do see it as a possible disadvantage as it should be....

Devs CAN do anything they want and we can express our opinions in hopes they reconsider their stance by providing constructive feedback about the pros and cons of those decisions. And I'm sorry let's not compare America's founders or any other historical founders to PL founders, not the same, most risked their life by rebelling and denouncing tyranny etc. Did the Apple users support PL by purchasing plat, yes but if that's all it takes to be a founder and get unearned rewards with drastic bonus stats then let me just throw a few grand in the bucket.

I have lived my life at great disapproval from family, based on the tenet that it is not what we are handed but what we do with it, that decide whether we are worthy to carry on a namesake. I am much more than a pretty face that will just increase net worth by marrying someone of equal means.

The notion of every founder "deserving" a helm with bonus stats is ludicrous. Let them have the helm but if those that own the PL and community shields don't receive the same stats if not more, than I have misjudged the devs.

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Night, I have to say that doesn't make any rational sense. We worked equally hard to earn our shields. Then got the stats nerfed on them. Night, while I love you as a friend, that seems to be an elitist attitude right there. If they are going to remove stats from the shield, then they should do it to all special rewards.

I tend to overthink many things and I sometimes reach conclusions that make no sense to other people, because it is of course my point of view. I'm not trying to be an elitist or anything, and I try to explain things not to be right, but to fully communicate my point of view and avoid misunderstandings. :)

--

The first two months of the game would decide whether PL would die out or flourish, and the Developers wanted to recognize those people. There is no blurred line: you either played then or didn't. They're not saying they value them more, but for the purpose of recognizing oldies, they picked a date and gave special items to them.

The PL and community shield are given to those tho helm the community. The idea of helping the community is much more subjective than whether you played or not during the beginning of the game, and if those they recognized got items with a tangible advantage, those that truly feel they help will feel even more underappreciated.

--

I'm not pointing out a difference in the people who earned the reward, but the nature of the reward itself. One is for playing a long time, one is for being an enormous help to the community. I wouldn't be mad if they removed the Founder's Stats, but I'm pointing out the logic.

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 08:36 PM
i think its fair these people have stuck with the game since the begginng and they deserve a reward and this is the perfect one i think! :)

Im not saying they shouldn't be rewarded. They should. What im saying is they should keep an even kill either leave all stats or nerf all stats on items of this kind. In low lvl pvp I know the helm will make a big difference, that's an unfair advantage to those who aren't able to attain it. Its unattainable now so forever those with it will have an unfair advantage.

Zeus
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I tend to overthink many things and I sometimes reach conclusions that make no sense to other people, because it is of course my point of view. I'm not trying to be an elitist or anything, and I try to explain things not to be right, but to fully communicate my point of view and avoid misunderstandings. :)

--

The first two months of the game would decide whether PL would die out or flourish, and the Developers wanted to recognize those people. There is no blurred line: you either played then or didn't. They're not saying they value them more, but for the purpose of recognizing oldies, they picked a date and gave special items to them.

The PL and community shield are given to those tho helm the community. The idea of helping the community is much more subjective than whether you played or not during the beginning of the game, and if those they recognized got items with a tangible advantage, those they truly feel they help will feel even more underappreciated.

Yea, but for the people who barely missed the deadline were ignored then? Doesn't make sense to me.

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I could say the same for those who have stuck around the last two weeks have decided and had the same hand in things with pl.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Im not saying they shouldn't be rewarded. They should. What im saying is they should keep an even kill either leave all stats or nerf all stats on items of this kind. In low lvl pvp I know the helm will make a big difference, that's an unfair advantage to those who aren't able to attain it. Its unattainable now so forever those with it will have an unfair advantage.

And that's the reward but I understand what your saying, it's just that I got a helm and I feel I deserve a bonus on it because i joined day one the game came out, and have stuck with it since then. I do my best to help out and I'm sure Eveuone who got one deserves it one way or another

kallima
04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
so what is the bonus on it.. and i dont think it is fair to boot people with it, they earned it.. if you boot it will not be fair

+5 armor and +5 attack.

And I never boot unless someone is rude or being purposefully antagonistic.

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Well I am a droid user, and I can say that if it were available on droid then id have surely downloaded and played and still been playing so I would have received one, but alas the game wasn't avail. But if I did receive one I would def feel it was unfair advantage and advocate in the same way for the pl/com shield/sog in the same way because fair is fair and id not want a advantage over others simply bc of my join date. If im going to have one id at least want to earn it in some way.

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Yea, but for the people who barely missed the deadline were ignored then? Doesn't make sense to me.

I believe the reason they change the shields' stats is based on community input.

The community can say they think the cutoff date for the Founder's Helm should be changed, but aside from that they can't really complain logically. The developers set a date and that's their decision.

The developers also made a decision to reward community-helpers. Saying the cutoff should be changed is equivalent to requesting a change in requirements to earn the shield. :)

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Omg seriously? Those of you claiming that you "deserve" or are entitled to a vanity item with bonus stats -- how can you say this? There have never EVER been vanity items with extra stats (besides the 1 armor) before. All you guys knew was that you were getting a helm. You had no expectation of getting extra stats hat give you an edge over others. Yet now that you got one like that (the first EVER of its kind), you act like it was your birthright. If the devs had just given you an awesome-looking vanity helm that only a select few had, you'd think it would be cool and everyone would be happy for you. But no, you have this entitlement complex like it's unquestionable that by being able to join earlier than others, you should have a permanent edge over them.

I guarantee those who got it would not feel this way if they missed the deadline or were not one of the lucky few to have an iDevice when PL came out.

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 09:36 PM
@Lesrider Quick question, just so I understand, why do you think the decision to reward people who've played for a certain amount of time is a bad?

Chant
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
All complainers should take a chill pill. I'm disappointed to read some of the comments regarding the founders helm and so forth. Keep in mind that the few people that got the helm are your friends in game or in real life. I'm an apple and droid user, with all the complaints between the two, people who registered in June did not get theirs. (typographical error from Devs or not). I'm more upset about this than anything else.

Life in general isn't fair. This game is not meant to be fair. (rich vs poor, rare vs common items) I don't care what device you use. My brother, nephew, and neice are droid gens. Yes, they are jealous. Yes, they all wish they have the helm. Yes, they are upset that the game was not available for droid when the game came out. To be honest, they all hated the game when it first came out. They made fun of me for even playing it everyday. After all the improvements, they only like the game now since PL has evolved.

Stop complaining about stats on the helm or pretty soon Devs will remove it and not give any stats for future rewards too. (ex: veterans helm) There will always be someone who will have more kills, gold, and better gears. I'm sorry to say this but there are players that have better stats yet are terrible players. You can be PRO at PVP and still be terrible in PVE or vice versa. You can be a level 55 and beat the level 56 with the helm.

Enjoy the game! Be happy for the players who got the founders helm! Celebrate with your friends!!!

Zeus
04-21-2011, 09:41 PM
All complainers should take a chill pill. I'm disappointed to read some of the comments regarding the founders helm and so forth. Keep in mind that the few people that got the helm are your friends in game or in real life. I'm an apple and droid user, with all the complaints between the two, people who registered in June did not get theirs. (typographical error from Devs or not). I'm more upset about this than anything else.

Life in general isn't fair. This game is not meant to be fair. (rich vs poor, rare vs common items) I don't care what device you use. My brother, nephew, and neice are droid gens. Yes, they are jealous. Yes, they all wish they have the helm. Yes, they are upset that the game was not available for droid when the game came out. To be honest, they all hated the game when it first came out. They made fun of me for even playing it everyday. After all the improvements, they only like the game now since PL has evolved.

Stop complaining about stats on the helm or pretty soon Devs will remove it and not give any stats for future rewards too. (ex: veterans helm) There will always be someone who will have more kills, gold, and better gears. I'm sorry to say this but there are players that have better stats yet are terrible players. You can be PRO at PVP and still be terrible in PVE or vice versa. You can be a level 55 and beat the level 56 with the helm.

Enjoy the game! Be happy for the players who got the founders helm! Celebrate with your friends!!!

Ya, I agree with you Chant. Especially the typographical error. They did state June originally, they should own up to it and give the June users the helm, as many of them had gotten their hopes up only to be let down.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
@Lesrider Quick question, just so I understand, why do you think the decision to reward people who've played for a certain amount of time is a bad?

Read what I wrote. I never said they shouldn't be rewarded. I just don't think they should be rewarded with something that gives them an edge over others.
I also don't like the mixed messages the devs are giving. I think I've been pretty clear about my thoughts on this whole ordeal.

jaggedlilpill
04-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Yep same happened with droid users, they said they'd give it to those that came on when droid did but they didn't and as for the 'fair' thing. True there will be people with better gear/gold that's not my point at least. Mine is that this is the only stackable gear they've made and its unattainable. As far better gear/gold you can alwways strive to attain that it is available to all depending on how hard you work. Yet there isn't an opportunity to gain a vanity item with stats...that was my point.

kallima
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
@Chant

REALLY!? No one was saying that when there was a slew of complaints about how droids were going to receive the helm too. That IMHO is more ungrateful than Droiders simply asking devs to reconsider. Getting a reward and then whining because "it won't be as rare" or "it's not fair cuz we were here first" and "we're the only ones that deserve it." We were and are simply posting the cons of those stats if devs choose to keep them. When the veterans rewards are given, I could care a whit less about the stats, its the pride of owning one for me, as it should be. Life isn't fair, we are all aware of that reality but devs are being contradictory, as consumers of their product we have a right to voice our opinions on those implementations. As the devs they have a right to consider or disregard.

@ range

Droiders were on that same roller coaster. They excluded Droid gens, included them, then excluded them, again. (side note- exclude may not be the right word as I know the devs didn't create the founders helm with the idea of purposefully excluding Droiders but its the only word of which I can think, ATM.

And for those of you questioning whether or not we Droiders would have purchased PL if available back then, know that some of us BOUGHT an iPad and the IPad 2 just so we could play PL on a bigger screen.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 10:01 PM
And btw, IMO, there are very few people I can think of on these forums who would actually "deserve" (and not just think they deserve) something like a vanity item with bonus stats that no one else can have. There are very few people I could think of who should be rewarded in such a way for what they offer to the community.
Phys would be one of those people, because he has never once given feedback or criticism based on his own selfish reasons. He has always looked out for the community and what would be fair for all. I think he would probably tell the devs the helm is unfair to others if he were the only one to get it.

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Read what I wrote. I never said they shouldn't be rewarded. I just don't think they should be rewarded with something that gives them an edge over others.
I also don't like the mixed messages the devs are giving. I think I've been pretty clear about my thoughts on this whole ordeal.

Hmm I get your point. The devs have a hard job making everyone happy.

I have the helm and I wouldn't mind them removing stats, but I do wish it looked more unique. The PL and Community shields looks very nice and stand out but have no stats, and Founder's helms (on birds) just look like purple BS helms, but have a few stats.

kallima
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
And btw, IMO, there are very few people I can think of on these forums who would actually "deserve" (and not just think they deserve) something like a vanity item with bonus stats that no one else can have. There are very few people I could think of who should be rewarded in such a way for what they offer to the community.
Phys would be one of those people, because he has never once given feedback or criticism based on his own selfish reasons. He has always looked out for the community and what would be fair for all. I think he would probably tell the devs the helm is unfair to others if he were the only one to get it.

Wholeheartedly agree. Phys came to mind for me too. The man is just a beast.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Hmm I get your point. The devs have a hard job making everyone happy.

I have the helm and I wouldn't mind them removing stats, but I do wish it looked more unique. The PL and Community shields looks very nice and stand out but have no stats, and Founder's helms (on birds) just look like purple BS helms, but have a few stats.

I agree, the bird/Mage helm could use a design improvement, just like the Gratitude shields. I think if both were improved so people would be proud to wear them, but they'd be blank vanity helms with no extra stats, then those wearing them could be happy, and those who don't have them can be happy for those that do, without feeling like they got chump changed.

I think the enormous number of vanity items that are sold, despite people only being able to wear one at a time, shows that people LIKE vanity items even without stats. I wish the devs would recognize this, leave vanity items as vanity items, and just make the designs more unique so people could be prouder of them. It still puzzles me that the Crown of Persistence isn't a vanity helm, bc it's one of the coolest helms IMO, and if I ever were to grind to 56 to get one, I would want it to just be a plain vanity helm I could wear up to lvl 100 if I so please.

So I'm just trying to make sense of the devs choices/actions, and so far no one has offered a valid explanation.

Edit: And to add to that -- everyone went bat crazy trying to get all the antennas, despite them having no extra stats (not even the 1 armor!). People LIKE vanity helms for what they are. I think the "Founders" would have been plenty happy with a cool-looking helm that only they had. But now that they got one with extra stats, they feel entitled to it.

Nightarcher
04-21-2011, 10:25 PM
So I'm just trying to make sense of the devs choices/actions, and so far no one has offered a valid explanation.

Yeah I'm kinda trying to present logical cases to why they might've chosen to do what they did. I'll move away from helm vs. Shields and just focus on the helm.

Woohoo! It's Pocket Legends' One-Year Anniversary! Yay! Since it's all about celebrating how much Pocket Legends has become since the start, let's do something small for those who played at the start, in addition to the festivities available for all. :)

Let's see, players really like cool Vanity items. What could we do to make a super special Vanity to celebrate one-year-ness? Aha! Let's put a few stats on it! The players receiving it will have a nice little surprise and it'll be useful too.

It could be as simple as that. I'm find with a cool design or stats, I would just prefer it stay unique. And at the end of the day, it's all about how much PL and the community has grown! :)

FluffNStuff
04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Switching before boss might work because I usually switch from xbow to recurve. Switching during boss fight will get my poor bird killed by not being able to spam pots for that 2 seconds. I can't even chat in game because that takes away from pot spamming.

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 11:26 PM
I think I said as much as I can on the topic without actually turning blue in the face. Nightarcher, I didn't need you to explain that to me. I've voiced my opinion. I'm done. But I lost a lot of respect for some people I used to think highly of.

Rusalio
04-21-2011, 11:33 PM
I think I said as much as I can on the topic without actually turning blue in the face. Nightarcher, I didn't need you to explain that to me. I've voiced my opinion. I'm done. But I lost a lot of respect for some people I used to think highly of.

Hahahaha why do I find this funny and true all at the same time.....hahahha

Riccits
04-22-2011, 12:38 AM
founders just deserve this stats bonus :P

and why boot someone in pve wich has more armor and dmg? he only can help u be better...
in pvp its gonna be different may ;) but its just bcz its visible. when someone would c that someone hast a +10dmg ring may he would boot him to

jaggedlilpill
04-22-2011, 12:59 AM
So its settled, those who received it think they deserve the advantage.

Lesrider
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
So its settled, those who received it think they deserve the advantage.

I THINK Ricci is joking. I feel liken should know him well by now, but still not sure ;)

Actona679
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I think the enormous number of vanity items that are sold, despite people only being able to wear one at a time, shows that people LIKE vanity items even without stats. I wish the devs would recognize this, leave vanity items as vanity items, and just make the designs more unique so people could be prouder of them. It still puzzles me that the Crown of Persistence isn't a vanity helm, bc it's one of the coolest helms IMO, and if I ever were to grind to 56 to get one, I would want it to just be a plain vanity helm I could wear up to lvl 100 if I so please.

Edit: And to add to that -- everyone went bat crazy trying to get all the antennas, despite them having no extra stats (not even the 1 armor!). People LIKE vanity helms for what they are. I think the "Founders" would have been plenty happy with a cool-looking helm that only they had. But now that they got one with extra stats, they feel entitled to it.

I have the helm and I wouldn't mind them removing stats, but I do wish it looked more unique.

I too have a Founder's Helm. I too would willingly give up stats (although I don't play PVP and only see additional stats as an advantage to group in PVE). I think that Lesrider has hit it spot on. People like vanity helms. Stats don't matter. Looks do :D

I like that people know I have played the game for a long time. I think early Droid users should also get a vanity helm that is individual in appearance and states "I am one of the founding Droid users!" I think vanity helms/item showing any number of accomplishments in PL game play are a cool idea. Number of kills, PVP kills, etc.