PDA

View Full Version : Very unhappy with PL right now..

Rhudien
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I've been playing PL for at least 4 or 5 months now. It has been my favorite game of all time for any system, due to it's portability, fast paced game gameplay, addictive style, and quirky attitude. But recently the gcd has killed the fast paced gameplay, although I'll admit it's MUCH better sinceits been reduced.

But what I'm most upset about is the Shield of Gratitude. Ok so you made the game free for new players. Awesome. To pay the ones who bought it back, you gave us a shield that gave us +10hp and +20armor. AWESOME for low level characters, nit really for higher ones. But now, it's a vanity shield that does nothing but look ok. You're giving out the Founders Helm, which I missed by a month, and to top it off, all elixers cost only platinum. I'm extremely upset about all of this, I feel really f$&ked over. It seems like they're catering completely to new players, and giving us who paid plenty for the maps, character respecs, items, faces, auction slots, inventory and stashslots, and much more, next to nothing. I was ok(not ecstatic) about the shield when it had stats. But now, I feel completely taken for granted as a paying(50$+ and more in the future) player. I'm not sure if any of this has changed as I haven't logged on in a day, but I've never been disappointed in spacetime studios, only amazed. Now I feel somewhat abandoned.

If they're adding anything new I havent heard about please correct me. I LOVE pocket legends! And I just want to feel somewhat adequately thanked for paying and continuing to pay when so many others haven't.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
well here it is the maps will only be free till may 4 and for ur founder helmet u will get in one month because its when. reach 6 months of playing or since u join it goes for everyone ;)

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 04:24 PM
The founders helm is exclusively for people who have been playing from April- June 1st... It was made for the players who have been in it since the very beginning. They changed it to 6 months, then knocked it back, but there will be more rewards. I believe the thread for it is in announcements.

Conradin
04-21-2011, 04:25 PM
When i bougt thia gamw, and ive paid about 1k plat, i dont play it for rewards, sure thing will change, but remember its just a game. When games stop being fun take a break.

Arterra
04-21-2011, 04:27 PM
i dont understand this thread... you bought the content to play it, that should be it. the free areas are temporary, so you are not paying when you did not have to. the shield really is just an extra. as for the helm, hey i dont get one either.

Physiologic
04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
My comments are in red.

I've been playing PL for at least 4 or 5 months now. It has been my favorite game of all time for any system, due to it's portability, fast paced game gameplay, addictive style, and quirky attitude. But recently the gcd has killed the fast paced gameplay, although I'll admit it's MUCH better sinceits been reduced. [It's been proven that map clear times have been exactly similar pre-GCD and post-GCD (see here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23726-Post-Global-Cooldown-%28GCD%29-Video-Runs-at-Balefort-Sewers))]

But what I'm most upset about is the Shield of Gratitude. Ok so you made the game free for new players. [This is most likely temporary for 2 weeks only, as the devs are celebrating their one year birthday for PL. See here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?242-Spacetime-Studios-Celebrates-1-Year-of-Pocket-Legends-With-Massive-Giveaway-and-Celebration)] Awesome. To pay the ones who bought it back, you gave us a shield that gave us +10hp and +20armor. AWESOME for low level characters, nit really for higher ones. But now, it's a vanity shield that does nothing but look ok [This shield, along with the PL and Community shield, should all be Vanities IMO - and they did change it all.]. You're giving out the Founders Helm, which I missed by a month [At least you had a chance, when us Droiders did not have a chance at all :(], and to top it off, all elixers cost only platinum [They are in the process of changing some back to gold. See here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24040-Elixirs)]. I'm extremely upset about all of this, I feel really f$&ked over. It seems like they're catering completely to new players, and giving us who paid plenty for the maps, character respecs, items, faces, auction slots, inventory and stashslots, and much more, next to nothing. I was ok(not ecstatic) about the shield when it had stats. But now, I feel completely taken for granted as a paying(50$+ and more in the future) player. I'm not sure if any of this has changed as I haven't logged on in a day, but I've never been disappointed in spacetime studios, only amazed. Now I feel somewhat abandoned.

If they're adding anything new I havent heard about please correct me. I LOVE pocket legends! And I just want to feel somewhat adequately thanked for paying and continuing to pay when so many others haven't.

Alias_TheMax
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I've been playing PL for at least 4 or 5 months now. It has been my favorite game of all time for any system, due to it's portability, fast paced game gameplay, addictive style, and quirky attitude. But recently the gcd has killed the fast paced gameplay, although I'll admit it's MUCH better sinceits been reduced.

But what I'm most upset about is the Shield of Gratitude. Ok so you made the game free for new players. Awesome. To pay the ones who bought it back, you gave us a shield that gave us +10hp and +20armor. AWESOME for low level characters, nit really for higher ones. But now, it's a vanity shield that does nothing but look ok. You're giving out the Founders Helm, which I missed by a month, and to top it off, all elixers cost only platinum. I'm extremely upset about all of this, I feel really f$&ked over. It seems like they're catering completely to new players, and giving us who paid plenty for the maps, character respecs, items, faces, auction slots, inventory and stashslots, and much more, next to nothing. I was ok(not ecstatic) about the shield when it had stats. But now, I feel completely taken for granted as a paying(50$+ and more in the future) player. I'm not sure if any of this has changed as I haven't logged on in a day, but I've never been disappointed in spacetime studios, only amazed. Now I feel somewhat abandoned.

I totally agree with you dude !!! The thing that makes me the most upset is that pots are only payable with platinum now :-O WTF are they laughing of us ?! I think that platinum is already enough expensive so they don't need to give us another reason to buy some more. Who will spend a lot of real ca$h for lvling only 2, 2.5 or 3 times faster !!! That's just ridiculous I hope they will "fix" it soon (Yeah, "fix" is the good word because it's really a problem !!!).

Yvonnel
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Everyone has to play the game within their own means. You don't see me complaining about these updates. The only thing that ticks me off is everyone complaining about,the debs doing this or doing that. Guess what its their property. If they decide that you have to pay a dollar a day to play guess what, they can. I have bought 3000 total plat. I can afford it and don't mind for the enjoyment I get out of it. The devs don't owe us anything. Be glad they work so dilligently to try to make everyone happy, I know I am.

Devs thanks for all of the hard work trying to please ungrateful gamers. Some of us really appreciate all that you guys do.

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Everyone has to play the game within their own means. You don't see me complaining about these updates. The only thing that ticks me off is everyone complaining about,the debs doing this or doing that. Guess what its their property. If they decide that you have to pay a dollar a day to play guess what, they can. I have bought 3000 total plat. I can afford it and don't mind for the enjoyment I get out of it. The devs don't owe us anything. Be glad they work so dilligently to try to make everyone happy, I know I am.

Devs thanks for all of the hard work trying to please ungrateful gamers. Some of us really appreciate all that you guys do.

I find this post very charming. +10 charm points.

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Yes, that's exactly what I think!!

Bronxajj
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I agree with this cuz I paid over 70$ and all I get is a shield ? When some other games mite even do better like awesome epic gears or even return some platinum or gift gold. But no a shield that has nothing to look to. It's like I paid 70$ for a shield lol bit yea I am disappointed too

Conradin
04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
^ man i need more charn points- ill work on my charm.

Yvonnel
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I find this post very charming. +10 charm points.

I feel honored Ladylove. These are my first charm points.

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Wait what are charm points for? Srry

Barbamitsos
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Not their fault please understand it

Its like wanting 2 gifts from a person when he already gave u one. IT is like wanting em to destroy their eConomy and game for the economic advantage of u. i totally agree with u about the potions but not about most of the other things

Skyler84
04-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Do not ever compare financial status. You may just start an arguement in this thread. It just shows how much you are showing off that you are rich. It may just be a misunderstanding in the way you phrase you sentences.

And please do understand different people have different financial status. Additionally different people will have difference feeling towards a topic and have the right to voice out. Getting ticked off by people voicing out their opinion is rude in my case of understanding.

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I feel honored Ladylove. These are my first charm points.

Haha my pleasure :) btw, nice sig quote.

Charm points are just my way of saying I like a post. Only I have the right to distribute charm points as only I am infinitely charming ^^

LordEspe
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Agree with you mastermind! If someone has an issue with buying pots with plat then there is a simple fix, don't buy pots! I keep putting myself in the place of a Dev reading all these negative posts! If I spent a year to make a great game and read Soooooo many people complain, after giving away something for FREE, I would be 1) hurt, 2) angry and 3)thinking if I want to continue with the improvements! Obviously the devs are going to do what they have to, and want to, do with PL! Please stop complaining and enjoy the great game!!!

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Agree with you mastermind! If someone has an issue with buying pots with plat then there is a simple fix, don't buy pots! I keep putting myself in the place of a Dev reading all these negative posts! If I spent a year to make a great game and read Soooooo many people complain, after giving away something for FREE, I would be 1) hurt, 2) angry and 3)thinking if I want to continue with the improvements! Obviously the devs are going to do what they have to, and want to, do with PL! Please stop complaining and enjoy the great game!!!

+10 charm :)

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Ahh, cool
Do you keep track of them?

Barbamitsos
04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
+10 charm :)

Me has no charm points yet :[

Zeus
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Are people really this thick? When you bought the campaigns, you payed for the campaigns and campaigns only. For the CONTENT. They give you a shield as a gift, and a helm for founders. Hell, I missed the cut off date for the helm by 13 days and I'm not complaining. (Then again, I do have some items that others don't have), so... quit complaining. That's like signing a contract, and then saying. "Oh wait, now I don't like what I paid anymore". It's invalid and not needed. The shield and helm were a gift. Founder's mean FOUNDERS. If you were not there from the very beginning, you certainly do not think of yourself as a founder. Heck, if that is how it works. Then everybody in Red Cross is a founder. Yay!!!!!

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Ahh, cool
Do you keep track of them?

Nope! But a few people keep track of them in their signatures. It's just a silly thing, no real rewards.

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-21-2011, 05:14 PM
The first post doesnt sound a complaint to me. Its more of a feeling. Feeling that PL game is being unfair for old players. Dont worry I understand you- i had this sort of feeling also. But i think we've played and enjoyed lots than new players. And dont worry i think we will also receive gifts in the future too. :) more power to all players and devs!

Fawayleik
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM

I agree. :o

I complained only about the gsd from .5 seconds, but who did not? ^.^
The devs change it to .1 and now its fine.

LordEspe
04-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I have charm points now!! What I'm I gonna do, it's obvious! I'm going to keep mine in the barrel in Balefort (not telling which one) for a rainy day!! :)

MoarPewPew
04-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Me has no charm points yet :[

Ill share mine with you. You can have 5 of mine. (I think I earned 10)

Sorry i went offtopic, I wanted to be nice :D

Barbamitsos
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Ill share mine with you. You can have 5 of mine. (I think I earned 10)

Sorry i went offtopic, I wanted to be nice :D

Yay danke pewpew :) ill give em back to u when i get some

Ixillicus
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I agree with this cuz I paid over 70$ and all I get is a shield ? When some other games mite even do better like awesome epic gears or even return some platinum or gift gold. But no a shield that has nothing to look to. It's like I paid 70$ for a shield lol bit yea I am disappointed too

To buy all the maps costs under $10. You might have spent $70 on platinum but only a lil bit of that goes towards buying the campaigns.

Get over it. It's a free trial for everyone else. I bought the maps to play the levels, I can play the levels. I got what I paid for. The fact that they gave me a shield (although not of much use) is more than they had to do.

csb
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
In summary, your point is you hate gcd (a big nerf for chanters), the shield of gratitude got nerfed, you wish you got more/better gifts, and its not fair that others get stuff free that you paid for.

My chanter is 47, and i like being in a group of chanters killing everything as fast as we can walk. But, i also have a 52 bear. And, in a group of enchanters i had nothing to do. It's not fun at all for a bear. When I played my enchanter, i just pushed all the spell buttons as fast as i could. I kept them all pressed as we walked along destroying everything. I remember thinking that this game is greatly lacking in strategy, and that is the biggest weakness. I hated gcd, but then i realized that now i have to actually think, and other party member now matter. It really makes the game better.

The Shield of Gratitude was probably my greatest item ever for making new characters. I made a new archer to level 21 by tanking with the shield before it got nerfed. I was sad it got nerfed, but i guess they have their reasons. I just move on...

I keep hearing that people are disappointed by the gifts. So, i am thinking, what if they did nothing. If the days went by with no change, nobody would complain, and it would be business as usual. But, instead they give some gifts, and people want more. It's very strange.

Also, i don't understand the complaints about having to pay for optional things. Elixirs are optional. I have never even bought a single elixir, and I have two high characters plus my new 21 archer. This only took a few months to create. Elixirs really are *optional*. A friend that I work with had all the zones, and didn't pay anything. He used the "earn free platinum via itunes" method to pay for the game. I have paid $40, so far. This is nothing; i spend that much on gas for my car in one week. I might drop $10 on lunch. This is easily the best app for my phone, and the effort to create it is 1000 time greater those $2 apps.

Consider that programmers working for small companies don't get paid a lot and don't have much vacation time. Even a government bus driver gets a much better deal than a small business computer programmer. Programmers for small companies don't get great benefits, and have no retirement. If you look at the PL game credits, the list is small. Small companies don't get a good deal on insurance. I would guess that $800 per month (or more) comes out of their pay checks for insurance. I don't feel bad at all for having spent $40 on their hard work.

Rusalio
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Ha!!! I hear nothing but whining here....time for thread to be closed..... You'll spend money on everything else but rant about dislikes...... Time to get some thicker skin here bro. It is a game after all. Not all wishes can be solved in a world of different personalities with varying opinions, so devs have to take the path which makes most business sense. That's all...

Rhudien
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
In summary, your point is you hate gcd (a big nerf for chanters), the shield of gratitude got nerfed, you wish you got more/better gifts, and its not fair that others get stuff free that you paid for.

My chanter is 47, and i like being in a group of chanters killing everything as fast as we can walk. But, i also have a 52 bear. And, in a group of enchanters i had nothing to do. It's not fun at all for a bear. When I played my enchanter, i just pushed all the spell buttons as fast as i could. I kept them all pressed as we walked along destroying everything. I remember thinking that this game is greatly lacking in strategy, and that is the biggest weakness. I hated gcd, but then i realized that now i have to actually think, and other party member now matter. It really makes the game better.

The Shield of Gratitude was probably my greatest item ever for making new characters. I made a new archer to level 21 by tanking with the shield before it got nerfed. I was sad it got nerfed, but i guess they have their reasons. I just move on...

I keep hearing that people are disappointed by the gifts. So, i am thinking, what if they did nothing. If the days went by with no change, nobody would complain, and it would be business as usual. But, instead they give some gifts, and people want more. It's very strange.

Also, i don't understand the complaints about having to pay for optional things. Elixirs are optional. I have never even bought a single elixir, and I have two high characters plus my new 21 archer. This only took a few months to create. Elixirs really are *optional*. A friend that I work with had all the zones, and didn't pay anything. He used the "earn free platinum via itunes" method to pay for the game. I have paid $40, so far. This is nothing; i spend that much on gas for my car in one week. I might drop $10 on lunch. This is easily the best app for my phone, and the effort to create it is 1000 time greater those $2 apps.

Consider that programmers working for small companies don't get paid a lot and don't have much vacation time. Even a government bus driver gets a much better deal than a small business computer programmer. Programmers for small companies don't get great benefits, and have no retirement. If you look at the PL game credits, the list is small. Small companies don't get a good deal on insurance. I would guess that $800 per month (or more) comes out of their pay checks for insurance. I don't feel bad at all for having spent $40 on their hard work.

Wow man.. Thank you for being reasonable and actually speaking the truth and your mind in a calm, collective informational way. You honestly have changed a lot of my views on everything. Although I think a lot of people misunderstood what I was trying to do by starting this thread. I wanted to voice some of my concerns, and see if anyone Could offer me any new updates. I wanted to state what I did as a concerned gamer about how they seem to be catering quite a bit more to new players, and voicing my concern for all the other long term game players.

About what I said regarding the founders helm. NO I am not a founder, I do not consider myself one, and I'm not bitching about not getting it. I was told all who played in the past 6 months would get it, and when I mentioned it, I was just saying I was sad I didnt get it, it would be cool. But im not whining that I shook get it.

I have been very supportive of spacetime studios and pocket legends in the past, and all I was tryin to do was accomplish a dialogue about some concerns of what I felt other gamers felt as well. I was not trying to sit here and bash spacetime or complain they're not giving me good enough.

So everyone who was angered by my thread, most have misinterpreted about my meanings. I even said at the end "of any of this news is incorrect, please correct me". So quit bashing me, and calling me ungrateful, I love PL and spacetime is an amazing studio. I love them =]

Rhudien
04-21-2011, 11:06 PM
The first post doesnt sound a complaint to me. Its more of a feeling. Feeling that PL game is being unfair for old players. Dont worry I understand you- i had this sort of feeling also. But i think we've played and enjoyed lots than new players. And dont worry i think we will also receive gifts in the future too. :) more power to all players and devs!

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to do. Thank you for understanding and voicing it. To everyone else; I'M NOT TRYING TO WHINE AND MOAN ABOUT EVERYTHING.