PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Sanoska
04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
hey im Sanoska, just downloaded game, then to come find out server down, so figured i introduce myself. Havent even played PL yet but for being new what do you ppl think would be a good starting class and why? Also if there are any guilds looking for new members or would like to show me the ropes feel free to post here or add Sanoska once server is up.

KingFu
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome, welcome!

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to take damage, as opposed to dealing it, go warrior (bear), if you want to have AoE (area of effect, hitting more than one mob at once) attacks, and look out for other players by healing and buffing them, go enchantress (elf, mage, cat, etc), but if you want to have high DPS (damage per second) have a lot of range, and be deadly, go archer (bird). Those are the just of the classes. I can go more in depth if you wish, but it really depends on what you want to do.

As for a guild, don't worry about them. Yeah, they are fun to be in, and a good way to meet new people, but that is something you can do here as well. I wouldn't be concerned in joining a guild until they are implemented in game:)

Any other questions, you can ask me, or any other forum members:) We are here to help

Sanoska
04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome,

I am looking at more of a soloing class. I love working in groups too which what i have been reading you will need at higher lvls, but out of the 3 class which you think would be more suitable for soloing at low lvls. Also is there different builds for the classes like hybrids and stuff?

KingFu
04-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome,

I am looking at more of a soloing class. I love working in groups too which what i have been reading you will need at higher lvls, but out of the 3 class which you think would be more suitable for soloing at low lvls. Also is there different builds for the classes like hybrids and stuff?

For soloing, I recommend dex or str bear. Dex bear clears faster, but str bear has more survivability. I am used to having pots and pink gear, so I don't know how survivable dex bear is for a first time character, but from all of my experience, it has been the best for soloing. For the best soloing CLASS, I would go warrior, but for the spec, I am not sure since I haven't done it in ages.

Yes, there are hybrids. The best "build" kinda varies by the level. I would go pure dex for a few levels, and slowly convert to a hybrid of str and dex. Dex raises mainly hit and crit, while str raises more skill damage, dodge, and armor.

Sorry if I didn't quite answer your questions correctly, or if it didn't make sense, I am very drowsy, so I will go with that as an excuse:p

Sanoska
04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
lol thats fine i understand fully thanks.

Major
04-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey buddy welcome to the forums, glad to have a new player. Remember we are here to help! btw Mysticaldream is a great guy, full of PL knowledge.

spookytooth
04-21-2011, 07:04 PM
congratulations on downloading your newest addiction :) jk...kinda. Welcome to PL youll b here a long time. i agree with the bear as best solo option although till mid levels u wont see a Huge difference

Corpser
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
lol such bad tming joining when servers are down lol

Sanoska
04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
I know right lol just gives me time to read the forums. Looking into warrior or mage right now

Leonadritia
04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Welcome, welcome!

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to take damage, as opposed to dealing it, go warrior (bear), if you want to have AoE (area of effect, hitting more than one mob at once) attacks, and look out for other players by healing and buffing them, go enchantress (elf, mage, cat, etc), but if you want to have high DPS (damage per second) have a lot of range, and be deadly, go archer (bird). Those are the just of the classes. I can go more in depth if you wish, but it really depends on what you want to do.

As for a guild, don't worry about them. Yeah, they are fun to be in, and a good way to meet new people, but that is something you can do here as well. I wouldn't be concerned in joining a guild until they are implemented in game:)

Any other questions, you can ask me, or any other forum members:) We are here to help

Hi there

Totally agree, I opted for Enchantress for two main reasons -
1 I run through a lot of maps with friends who are not very experienced in rpg's so i wanted a class with AoE Skills - these are good for pulling aggro or attracting many monsters/mobs therefore preventing them from attacking other players.

2 they are good healers so when levelled and spec'd correctly they are still effective at solo runs.

It is my opinion that the pros and cons are as follows

ARCHER - pro ... excellent range and superfast attack
con ... slow healing and not to good against multiple targets until high lvl

WARRIOR - pro ... High health & Armour, high hitting power and great for tanking/holding off bosses
Con ... slow moving and not too good against multiple mobs

ENCHANTRESS - pro ... AOE skills brilliant for multi targets, healing and resurrect skills
Con ... weakest armour/defense low hit damage at lower levels

To summarise i would say
ARCHER ..... Good from a distance with quick killing time
WARRIOR ..... Good close up one on one against pretty much anything.
ENCHANTRESS .... Good against many and for helping/assisting others.

It all depends which type of game style you have.
This is just my understanding of the classes through my own experiences.
Hope it helps you out in some way.
You could always try a character for a few levels ie 15 ( you can achieve this in a few hours) just to see what you think and then delete it to try another class, then make your decision based on how you did