PDA

View Full Version : Hey There!

Seuldieu
04-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey guys. I downloaded this game a couple days ago and I love it so far. +1 to the devs for making this :D

Being a newbie, I was surfing through random google pages looking for any guides from experienced players when to my surprise I found this forum with, um... how do I say this... well with a database of info almost as large as Chuck Norris' ahemahem.

So currently a level 12 mage, pure int so far. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or useful insight on things I should be doing while starting out. I've read up on a few guides but I thought I might as well pose an open question to everyone here, and at the same time say hi to everyone.
*hi*
*waves*

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Major
04-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey buddy welcome to the community, there is much to be learned and you learn the most by playing the game. There are very many forums that have lots of info on the game. If you have any questions at all just make a forum and it should be answered fairly quickly, we try to answer all questions to the best of our knowledge.

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 05:58 PM
First off, welcome to PL and the forums :) Good intro, I'm glad to see that you've read up.

As for your mage, I'd recommend staying pure int for a while. You'll have stronger spells and more mana available as you go. To start, pick your spells wisely. If you want to be a good supporter for your party, you might want to put several points in heal because the more points you put, the more you heal. It works wonders :) Keep resurrect, but you only need 1 point in it for the main function and for a little buff that it gives you. Always update your gear as you go :) I recommend that you go for gear that adds mana regeneration if you come across some. Trust me, you'll save a lot of money without the need for as many mana potions and heal pretty much covers health potions. Ice isn't incredibly important yet, but keep at least one point in each (frostbite is single-target and frost storm is AOE). When you cast ice and then fire, you get a combo called "hot flash" that deals extra damage :) At a low level, I like to favor fire and lightening ( fire for the knockback, damage, and combos, and lightening for the debuff and damage. They are both also known as AOE spells, so they effect multiple enemies around you. Good for clearing mobs). Drain life is your strongest single-target spell and acts as a second heal (my personal favorite spell). Once you're satisfied with your heal, ice, fire, resurrect, and lightening, go ahead and toss some points there. When you get mana shield (I believe at level 20), only add one point. Blessings of might and vitality are your main buffs and affect you as well as any other player around you (except those on the opposite team in pvp. worry about that later). Vitality is for defense and might is for damage and crit. Your main debuffs are nightmare and weakness. Nightmare makes the enemies more vulnerable and weakness... weakens them lol. Those are both AOE spells. I don't worry TOO much about them until some of the other spells have been developed.

^^ That wasn't organized at all, but I hope it was helpful.

You can find more helpful information under Enchantress Class Discussion.

Seuldieu
04-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the responses both of you! The community here seems great so far. Tons of helpful people on these forums. So far I've leveled Heal to 3 or 4, I just stick a point in when I start noticing that I'm dying faster. I've got 1 point in everything else so far since I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting any points on unnecessary skills. Servers are down for now so I guess it'll be awhile before I get going again.
As for equips I'm just upgrading as I go from drops. At my level I'll out-level most equips so I figured there wasn't much point in looking for anything spectacular yet. Just working on finishing all the quests, seems to work fine for me so far.

Once again thanks!

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm glad to see you're playing it through :) The quests aren't a bad way to get gear actually. Go for the int items :) I might recommend a darkbolt staff. They don't do tons of damage, but have a built in weakness proc. Every so often, the staff will cast weakness on the enemy. There are a lot of other darkbolt weapons that don't say it in the name, but if you read the description on the item, you'll see it. There isn't too much down at that level though.

spookytooth
04-21-2011, 06:24 PM
you seem seasoned in this type of game go with wat ya know and ull do great. forums are your guide for ANY question u have. Welcome

Leonadritia
04-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Hail weary traveller , welcome to pl, im new here too , i too am mage style and have focused on int, im now working a lil Dex but not too much. Hopefully our paths will meet in-game, add me perhaps we can compare adventures, im level 17 at present after a solid 19hrs of gameplay. Decided to test my style thoroughly and after 3 days of trial and error and recreating my toon , i have my skills/stats how i like them. I found doing the first 2 maps quests gave me a great feel for my toons good and bad sides .So venture everywhere and level well.

Raazesk
04-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Welcome :D

And as Ladylove said, "I recommend that you go for gear that adds mana regeneration if you come across some." That is a definate must.

Good luck :)