PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty to your Guild

Candylicks
06-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Hey Arlor!

I wanted to express something I see happening in the game now that is typical before expansions... Guild Hopping! We feel restless and many people decide to see if the grass is greener in another guild. The thing is, most of the Pve guilds are on chill mode and what you see in one is most likely what is happening in another. Farming is tough now, so guild jumping isn't going to alleviate the situation.

One of the most important things guilds want is loyalty. This means sticking with the group through little bumps that happen to all, including minor scuffles and the great wait for expansion. Right now is the time to sit tight and be patient even if it's hard to get those dailies and arena runs in like you used to.

Sometimes I get veteran players asking to join our guild and I always ask them why. Usually it's just because they are bored, not that their current guild has anything less than great about it. I implore all of you PvE players to ride this out until expansion and then you will see your guild and friends back on more regularly.

None of the gm like hoppers, you usually end up being blacklisted from it. :/

Do you have any ideas on boosting guild camaraderie during a lull? I would love to share this with each other, I'm always looking for fresh ideas for Enigmatic.

These are some of the things we do in house-
Trivia and social nights
Guildhall meetings
Contests

Love to see how your guild keeps on ticking! Thanks everyone, and long live PvE!!!

xlRaidenlx
06-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Couldn't agree more! [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G5308W using Tapatalk

Terminhater
06-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Well in my awesome guild we act stupid :P
But there's a limit to our stupidness so come on STS release the damn expansion LOL

How many blondes does it take to change the light bulb ?
ONE and he's an electrician.

What goes up but never comes down ?
My gas bill!

What goes down but never comes up ?
My Ex in a swimming pool hopefully.

Being head of the Stupids does that make me a stupid head O.o

Overweightank
06-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Long Live PvE! :excitement: :encouragement:

Justno
06-30-2015, 12:06 PM
I dunno if this would work in our guild....kinda like trivia
But in my old guild a few officers would go guild hall every few days and like members would join them and hav like its basically trivia but with small prizes and such....
For example we used to ask a question about the game and who even answered first correctly wins like 50k or suming...I never been in any of the social meeting things in this guild yet Cus they r always held at like 3am my time lol

Just an idea.....

twoxc
06-30-2015, 12:19 PM
loyalty all about loyalty. amen

ClumsyCactus
06-30-2015, 01:26 PM
I dunno if this would work in our guild....kinda like trivia
But in my old guild a few officers would go guild hall every few days and like members would join them and hav like its basically trivia but with small prizes and such....
For example we used to ask a question about the game and who even answered first correctly wins like 50k or suming...I never been in any of the social meeting things in this guild yet Cus they r always held at like 3am my time lol

Just an idea.....

Eminence has trivias and after that we take screenshots sometimes when we Wanna celebrate something, and I have discovered that I'm Pretty good at Trivias ^^
Overall, trivias are Nice if you can deal with the Salty people Who didn't win lol

Ellysius
06-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Loyalty is what very few people have in this game.
You can tell by how many top guilds have been torn apart.

Candylicks
06-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Loyalty is what very few people have in this game.
You can tell by how many top guilds have been torn apart.

It's very true. Funny because all guilds have issues that come up. And the ones that stick it out and remain loyal end up being bonded for life in this game. No guild is without struggle and crap that comes up, but learning to work through the issues as a team is a life lesson.

And the boredom? There isn't any solution to that until Rage.

vawaid
06-30-2015, 06:08 PM
I was in guild with rule: once you leave, you will never welcome back.

And every guild should have same this one rule, I think.

Haifer
07-01-2015, 02:13 AM
When I was GM of Unprecedented I'd give away a mythic pet to the winner/s of a recruiting contest. Helped fill downtime and also helped find new members to build the guild. Usually cost me 300-600k.

Ebezaanec
07-01-2015, 02:38 AM
If people find commitment a hassle, then they really aren't loyal at all.

Disloyal members easily leave guilds, but loyal members have to leave the people.

epicrrr
07-01-2015, 02:51 AM
Well a guild quest is a sure way to promote guild camaraderie.

Fear not, there are still many people who values loyalty with regards to a group im so proud of my guild! Shout out to KRONOS!

Serancha
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Fun fact: people who call the GM "master" on sight, never last more than 3 days. Never fails. Don't know why, but it's turned out to be 100% success rate on predicting which members will hop.

Candylicks
07-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Fun fact: people who call the GM "master" on sight, never last more than 3 days. Never fails. Don't know why, but it's turned out to be 100% success rate on predicting which members will hop.

Yeah it's weird huh. I always think it's a language barrier and possibly what translate says in their language! I will be sure to PM you 'master' though (:

Well said on the other part too Safi, we definitely learned a lesson tightening up our recruiting rules and getting rid of some extra baggage we had hanging in there 6 months ago. It really does help a lot for the guilds who choose to be PvE elite farming ones.

Growing a guild is a learning experience, and certainly mistakes are made along the way by the leaders. You have done a good job with Phx and a lot of what we have in our guild has been set by examples set by some of the other top PvE ones with longevity.