PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for pricing? :0

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Well here we go.... If you made this possible you would be the first in the AppStore I believe. In my big thread I said hey I'll buy expansions but I don't think little things should be paid for. So how about this.... Release a paid version for $20 I guess... I know every dedicated member would pay that price.

The $20 App would give you everything maps, slots, extra inventory, pvp maps, and future pvp maps/maps for free. But you would still need to buy respecs/weapons/elixirs.

Now your probly thinking in your head "hey jackass you can pirate paid apps with a jailbreak" Uhh-ohh here's where it gets complicated!

Here's the idea, and it's just that an idea. I have no clue on how to actually make this work. But you purchase the app and you get a code "1337-IRNT-URDA-DDY" then you go online and register your account with this code allowing you to login.

So if it got pirated it would useless, only the paid for version would work....

Or just pay $20 on the current version for a package, that gives every map pack and more to come, same with pvp and those standard features free.... Maybe make it more expensive. It's whatever and a pretty sadly written description. So for that I am sorry.

ratava
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM
It's definitely an innovative idea.

Not aware how technically amenable it is (eg security) or how well a $20 app would sell for compared to traditional pricing or if $20 hits the profit margin but it does increase the options available.

I'm personally happy spreading my costs over periods of time as small payments and keeps me excited by the latest releases that I'm excited at point of purchase to get my hands on!

You're absolutely right about a hierarcy of pricing (see my post) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2408-Cheerful-amp-helpful-suggestions-for-pricing/page5)

EDIT: The current model "Fremium" is value for money for the customer from the pov of trying out the product ie free entertainment + choice of exactly what & how much you want to add to free stuff, plus continuing improvement of services.

KingFu
05-26-2010, 09:19 AM
IDK if I like the idea or hate it, lol. Where would platinum come in then? Could you only buy gold, elixers, and items with it? Also, what about the size of stash? You have an option to have any amount you want, so where's the limit? Not to mention, the way it is puts a little more money in Spacetime's pocket!

Dyson6
05-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree with the OP cash shops just suck and you won't find one in one the more successful MMOs because they generally don't work.

Well this isn't really an MMO... but all the more reason not to have one.