PDA

View Full Version : Concern about "Auto-Leveling" - AL has a new definition.

Zylx
07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
RPG: Role Playing Game: A game where a player controls the actions of a main character immersed in some well-defined world... developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replayability and immersion.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game

This thread is focusing on the player character development element that is affected by this Auto-Level feature. In every single RPG I have played, I have been able to level up and start a character from scratch and work to continuously develop it to anything I want - this is what distinguishes RPG's from any other genre. Character development is what immerses my attention, even if the storyline is more or less than good. In order to enjoy the endgame content, you had to work to get there, and it made it that much accomplishing and noteworthy to be able to partake in said content.

Deciding to put forth a method to automatically skip through nearly every level is a slap in the face to not only every single player that worked hard to get there, but also to any true RPG. AL should take the RPG out of MMORPG, its not an RPG anymore. Instead of fixing the problem with the boring pre-endgame gameplay, you decide to literally just skip over it. There are loads of alternatives you could've used, but now, 90% of the game has been ruined. Character development in AL is now a sad joke, and everything i worked for is now purchasable for 150plat..

AL now stands for Auto Level.

Thanks
-An Angry Gamer

Twinisland
07-01-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't see the problem with this all everyone did was run wt4 till lv 41 anyways and there where people who also cheated the lving system but I don't see any thread complaints about any of those if anyone wants to waste 150 plat to boost lv to 41 I say let them

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Prahasit Prahi
07-01-2015, 11:04 AM
The auto level is introduced to just kill the game because let's take a person who installs AL for the first time now and when he sees this and he buys plat(THAT'S WHAT STS NEEDS) and he auto levels to 41 and now what he quits the game tomorrow.

The one who's new to AL and if he auto levels to 41 and what if he doesn't know anything.

The levelling up is process where people tend to learn everything[I mean EACH and EVERYTHING]about the game and now you just killed it.

Zylx
07-01-2015, 11:04 AM
I don't see the problem with this all everyone did was run wt4 till lv 41 anyways and there where people who also cheated the lving system but I don't see any thread complaints about any of those if anyone wants to waste 150 plat to boost lv to 41 I say let them

Having plat-users just skip ahead not only makes AL a pure P2W, but also is on the edge of P2P. Skipping ahead is a joke to core RPG gameplay, but also unfair to anyone who worked hard to get there.

Visiting
07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
RPG: Role Playing Game: A game where a player controls the actions of a main character immersed in some well-defined world... developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replayability and immersion.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game

This thread is focusing on the player character development element that is affected by this Auto-Level feature. In every single RPG I have played, I have been able to level up and start a character from scratch and work to continuously develop it to anything I want - this is what distinguishes RPG's from any other genre. Character development is what immerses my attention, even if the storyline is more or less than good. In order to enjoy the endgame content, you had to work to get there, and it made it that much accomplishing and noteworthy to be able to partake in said content.

Deciding to put forth a method to automatically skip through nearly every level is a slap in the face to not only every single player that worked hard to get there, but also to any true RPG. AL should take the RPG out of MMORPG, its not an RPG anymore. Instead of fixing the problem with the boring pre-endgame gameplay, you decide to literally just skip over it. There are loads of alternatives you could've used, but now, 90% of the game has been ruined. Character development in AL is now a sad joke, and everything i worked for is now purchasable for 150plat..

AL now stands for Auto Level.

Thanks
-An Angry Gamer

This guy understands what's up^

Zylx
07-01-2015, 11:09 AM
The auto level is introduced to just kill the game because let's take a person who installs AL for the first time now and when he sees this and he buys plat(THAT'S WHAT STS NEEDS) and he auto levels to 41 and now what he quits the game tomorrow.

The one who's new to AL and if he auto levels to 41 and what if he doesn't know anything.

The levelling up is process where people tend to learn everything[I mean EACH and EVERYTHING]about the game and now you just killed it.

Agreed.

This is another bad thing about auto level. Leveling through the content added the learning experience needed to proceed through the progressively harder maps. Skipping through the levels is now also basically skipping through the learning experience.

Oursizes
07-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Now we will have complete noob parties with maxed out rogues begging for mana, tanks using rally cry and axe, sorcerers using curse, (as if some pugs didnt do this already)gg. They will have no experience whatsoever in actually running maps. While there are many pros that run elites that are not maxed out. They will most likely get left out as they aren't "geared" enough. Will have to see where this takes us after the release of the new maps and elites.

Twinisland
07-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Having plat-users just skip ahead not only makes AL a pure P2W, but also is on the edge of P2P. Skipping ahead is a joke to core RPG gameplay, but also unfair to anyone who worked hard to get there.
I understand what you are saying but nowadays the people who are able to purchase it run wt4 anyways and running wt4 to 41 isn't really working hard ik cause I did it on my tank, working hard is what I did on my rouge which is running every map as I lved to get the ap but people realized running wt4 then running the normal maps are easier and faster anyways. I personally think that in order to buy the lv 41 package they should have a lv 41 on the same account (it mite already but a requirement but I never checked)