PDA

View Full Version : PG: Top 10 best upcoming Android phones

ratava
04-22-2011, 06:35 AM
"These are the ‘droids you’re waiting for" (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Top+10+Android+charts/feature.asp?c=29227)

In release date order:

1. Samsung Galaxy S II (May)

2. Motorola Atrix (May/June)

3. HTC Sensation (June)

4. ...

list cont'd...

Bingbongbang
04-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Planning to get the sensation and flyer to play pocket legends. Looks like the launch date for the flyer is set for 9th may.

Wicked Caccavari
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Samsung Galaxy S II.

adwin
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM
HTC Evo 3D
3D gadgets set aside - it sports 1GB RAM (The Pyramid/Sensation only sports 768MB).
I'm looking forward to that one, OR the next Tegra 2.5 phone (as long as it has a 4.3" screen/capacitive front buttons/at least 1GB RAM).

Wicked Caccavari
04-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I'd like for Verizon to not charge me full price for an iPhone 4 if I want to upgrade early.

Otukura
04-24-2011, 08:15 PM
HTC Evo 3D
3D gadgets set aside - it sports 1GB RAM (The Pyramid/Sensation only sports 768MB).
I'm looking forward to that one, OR the next Tegra 2.5 phone (as long as it has a 4.3" screen/capacitive front buttons/at least 1GB RAM).

I feel as though any screens over 4.3 inches are too big. 3.7 is perfect for me. :p

Tengotengo
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
I want to not use a phone anymore. I'm really up in the air about getting a cheap 7" tablet, or something like a Gtablet from Viewsonic and having it as an ereader too. Phones are too small and laggy, and I doubt I'll be updating to a good one any time soon.

Feges
04-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Samsung Galaxy S II :D?

ratava
04-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I want to not use a phone anymore. I'm really up in the air about getting a cheap 7" tablet, or something like a Gtablet from Viewsonic and having it as an ereader too. Phones are too small and laggy, and I doubt I'll be updating to a good one any time soon.

Yeah, if the Tablets have the option that an e-book reader such as kindle has for e-book reading, then I'll get one. I want all my books to be digital but I want the reading screen to be friendly to the eyes.

That said, I'm still on my oldee 2.5G iPhone and if I see a really top notch upgrade the step up will be worth it for me. The current iPhone screen size needs to be increased a fraction imo. Still I will be v happy to continue playing on my iPhone for now (unless B* does not work on it but think as they said edge it might do?) and there is always the future possible combination of playing B*/PL on both mobile and PC so that's good enough, too. But it's so easy to shoot-up PL on a mobile is one of the best things about it.

Samsung Galaxy S II :D?

CPU, GPU are both solid.
Screen size, you should see if that is big enough (esp for games, reading, movie clips) resolution sounds good tho.
The first one was a good phone so this will likely be so too.

>Compare to what's on the market, the best deal and your own budget and any deals/price drops... if the phone is worth getting(total cost on contract and devise rrp comparison) and to what you have right now. Is it worth upgrading (bottom-line total cost upgrading vs saving not?)

Mobile contracts are like a prison sentence remember (18/24 months hardtime)!

vol
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I feel as though any screens over 4.3 inches are too big. 3.7 is perfect for me. :p

I like playing PL on my evo and on my iPad, but my iPod 2g is just too small and it don't always register button pressing, although I cannot tell if it's a horsepower issue, or just that the buttons are too small.