PDA

View Full Version : Game Outage - Pocket Legends is UP!

Pages : [1] 2

Samhayne
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Update: 10:00 AM Central Time, 4/22

Pocket Legends is still down. We want to give everyone an update after our morning recap with the Ursan-powered Programming Team behind Pocket Legends.

Let me start off by saying that your Pocket Legends characters and their associated character data is safe. 100%.

Our very best option would be for Amazon’s EC2 Elastic Cloud Compute system to come back online and for us to just fire up and go. We could all just log in, play and this incident would quickly become a distant memory.

Here is the latest update from Amazon - http://status.aws.amazon.com/ (http://status.aws.amazon.com/)

6:18 AM PDT We're starting to see more meaningful progress in restoring volumes (many have been restored in the last few hours) and expect this progress to continue over the next few hours. We expect that well reach a point where a minority of these stuck volumes will need to be restored with a more time consuming process, using backups made to S3 yesterday (these will have longer recovery times for the affected volumes). When we get to that point, we'll let folks know. As volumes are restored, they become available to running instances, however they will not be able to be detached until we enable the API commands in the affected Availability Zone.

Tech speak aside, significant, visible progress is being made.

We’re all missing our favorite mobile MMO just as much as you are and are working to bring it back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks to everyone for your continued patience, enthusiasm and support for Pocket Legends.

-------------------------------

For those of you who are just tuning in to this issue, here’s some reading from the previous announcement thread:

TechCrunch: Amazon EC2 goes down, taking with it Reddit, Foursquare and Quora (http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/04/21/amazon-ec2-goes-down-taking-with-it-reddit-foursquare-and-quora/)

Computer World: Amazon gets 'black eye' from cloud outage (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216064/Amazon_gets_black_eye_from_cloud_outage)

Mashable: What We Can Learn From Amazon’s Cloud Collapse (http://mashable.com/2011/04/22/amazon-cloud-collapse/)

Update: from Amazon via http://status.aws.amazon.com/

8:49 AM PDT We continue to see progress in recovering volumes, and have heard many additional customers confirm that they're recovering. Our current estimate is that the majority of volumes will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours. As we mentioned in our last post, a smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

2:15 PM Pacific In our last post at 8:49am PDT, we said that we anticipated that the majority of volumes "will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours." These volumes were recovered by ~1:30pm PDT. We mentioned that a "smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover." We're now starting to work on those. We're also now working to enable customers to be able to launch EBS backed instances and create, delete, attach and detach EBS volumes in the affected Availability Zone. Our current estimate is that this will take 3-4 hours until full access is restored. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

Pocket Legends is back up and available for play. Log in and have fun!

costalot
04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I can't wait to get back on I'm on a road trip and was planning to level up during the trip. It's a 6 hour trip sigh...

KingFu
04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
So Samhayne, this may be off-topic, but was Range right? Is the reason why I can't restore my iPod and iPad due to Amazon?:p

(Please hold back your facepalms^^)

Kossi
04-22-2011, 09:53 AM
GREAT!
well actually this outage came in handy for me
i have a pile of HW to do

Feges

Ty.

Ellyidol
Thanks for the update Sam! :)

Sidebar, HA! Even the PL programming team is ursan powered! BEAR WIN!

jakaniz
04-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Progress is good

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Thx god my Lovely Characters is safe :-)

burgerdeel
04-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Please figure out a way to have push notifications when the servers are up!=D

Uniboom
04-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the update.

costalot
Will our characters be okay or will there be a reset. Also, what's gonna happen when the game goes online and everyone tries to log in at same time. Will the servers be capable enough to handle that

aWildEevee
Ay nako... >_> Well at least servers are becoming available slowly one after another... Pocket Legends will have it's time soon enough. ^_^ Patience Patience Patience...

waisted menkey
04-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Thank you for the refreshed update.

The future is the cloud. WEEEEEeeee

Bagwaan
http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/4/22/amazon-denies-skynet-involvement-cloud-outage/

For those of you with a twisted conspiracy theory mindset.

ranonman
But... But... are you afraid to be under cloud outside? Cloud cries and pouring data down to the ground! Safety Warning: Wear Hard Helmet!

Call Me XenonTheGod
04-22-2011, 09:58 AM
As long as all our data is safe but plz hurry im so bored and this game kills time and is FUN plzzz hurry

Hankomachos
04-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm dieing of boredom!!! Ahhhh!!! :)

mclark
04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Dang. I bet a few of those Amazon engineer/managers have been up for 32+ hours working the problem. The status reporting guy is starting to make typos. Poor guys. Oh well. Here's hoping it's all over soon.

Claritamystic
04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes:
Ay nako... >_> Well at least servers are becoming available slowly one after another... Pocket Legends will have it's time soon enough. ^_^ Patience Patience Patience...

:mad: :rolleyes:
Pinoy pride in d house

Elyseon
04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Anyone recommend a game to play in meantime?

vol
04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Well the good news is that after this outage, ec2will probably never have a similar issue, so pl will be safe forever after

Claritamystic
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I pad Games :)

vol
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone recommend a game to play in meantime?
Dead space 2 on iOS is 0.99. Lotro on PC is freemium.

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for keeping us up to date :)

arvinlennard
04-22-2011, 10:12 AM
What an epic failers oh dear!!!! Get a life folks its good friday you must also pray!! Pray for PL to come back lol!!!

drewcapu
04-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Amazon is still learning res.
I'm sure by the third day everything will have arisen.

Tiliana
04-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Words With Friends...you can be my friend...for now.....

CappinClutch
04-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Poised and ready for attack...we doin' anything special for Easter? -Magerohwnage

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the update, Samhayne and thanks twice-times for putting it in a new announcement so it wouldn't get buried. Most of the players realize it's not STS's fault--you guys are stuck in the same Amazon-inflicted morass we are.

karmakali
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Thank you very much for the ongoing information Samhayne!
I am glad to hear that our in game info is safe.
Again...thanks to you and to everyone at STS for all that you do!
You guys are amazing!

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Poised and ready for attack...we doin' anything special for Easter? -Magerohwnage

The plan was to get the community together, and storm the Amazon data centers of they're not online by then :)

Sorcererssoul
04-22-2011, 10:19 AM
@Elyseon

I tried World of Magic but dont trie it. I like PL a thousand times more.
World of magic has laggy servers, was bumped off 3 times and its slow and boring to play.
Maybe just dowload some apps from the store and play one you like?

martin.montera1
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
ty for Update u guys r gr8

SoulMaster
04-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Amazon needs to hire more workers.

swiftdots
04-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Missing pocket legends... amazon is slacking :/

JTrons
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Can we feed those tech folks at Amazon to the crocks!!!!! PLZ

Sigkill
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
6:18 AM PDT We're starting to see more meaningful progress in restoring volumes (many have been restored in the last few hours) and expect this progress to continue over the next few hours. We expect that well reach a point where a minority of these stuck volumes will need to be restored with a more time consuming process, using backups made to S3 yesterday (these will have longer recovery times for the affected volumes). When we get to that point, we'll let folks know. As volumes are restored, they become available to running instances, however they will not be able to be detached until we enable the API commands in the affected Availability Zone.

This sounds more like a "Alot of stuff is still messed up, will be quite a bit of time until everything is good"

dan #1
04-22-2011, 10:26 AM
They have not fixed the same prob that they have had

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:28 AM
This sounds more like a "Alot of stuff is still messed up, will be quite a bit of time until everything is good"

Sigh... I'm afraid you're right :(

Duke
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
So... what penance for Amazon will you guys demand after the dust settles? Credits for future service is boring. I'm thinking more like one or more of:

* Seppuku
* 40 "hail Steve Jobs"
* Stocks and pillories
* Being forced to stand on a street corner in downtown Seattle with a sign around it's neck reading "I failed Distributed Systems 101"

Sidebar, HA! Even the PL programming team is ursan powered! BEAR WIN!

Not surprising. Knowing the ins-and-outs of the system so well, they needed to gimp themselves somehow.

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM

"Have bow - will travel"

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
And Amazon just posted another update:

8:49 AM PDT*We continue to see progress in recovering volumes, and have heard many additional customers confirm that they're recovering. Our current estimate is that the majority of volumes will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours. As we mentioned in our last post, a smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

aWildEevee
04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
:rolleyes:

:mad: :rolleyes:
Pinoy pride in d house
Haha, allday errday! :p

dan #1
04-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Why can't u guys just fix pl servers or change to a different host

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Why can't u guys just fix pl servers

Because it's not their servers... PL runs on Amazon servers as far as I understood.

Leftminded
04-22-2011, 10:36 AM
blimey this downtime must be costing you a lot of money. Two days of no revenue :(

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
blimey this downtime must be costing you a lot of money. Two days of no revenue :(

It's almost like they saw this comming? Forcing elixers to be plats..hhmm

dan #1
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I meant y can't amazon fix the server or change to a temporary host for now

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Why can't u guys just fix pl servers or change to a different host
As Jay pointed out, the servers aren't STS property, they belong to Amazon. As for switching, that takes time--time to research, time to move data and, usually the biggest time-taker, time to hash out the contract. Not to mention having to extricate yourself from the contract already in force.

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:40 AM

I wish I'd knew that :) If there would be any way the devs could get PL up and running again, I'm sure they would've done that by now. only thing we can do is (impatiently) wait :)

vol
04-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Yea really... PL should have thought of that...

burgerdeel
04-22-2011, 10:41 AM

Most probly because they didn't have a back up of the data, thus if they change servers or a temp host, we all start from scratch? I think..

tofutel
04-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Great... I thought it was on my end. Since the update on 4/20, I haven't been able to login. Can't wait to get back on! :-)

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Most probly because they didn't have a back up of the data, thus if they change servers or a temp host, we all start from scratch? I think..

I was just going to say that. Also it would cost them more money then simply no gameplay for two days.

dan #1
04-22-2011, 10:45 AM
They are a billion doller company if they can't fix the problem why don't they hire some gensus to fix it for.lthem

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:46 AM
They are a billion doller company if they can't fix the problem why don't they hire some gensus to fix it for.lthem

It's not that they can't fix it, it's just that recovery of data takes a long time IMO

dan #1
04-22-2011, 10:48 AM
So does any one know any time consuming games

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 10:48 AM

You have to take in to account of all the info they store. Pl is a verry small fraction of information this company holds. They probly had to rebute there systems and its gather aaaallll the data they have and like I said, its alot.

jakaniz
04-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Going outta my mind...want...PL...

devinrhall
04-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Good progress so far...no worries

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
So does any one know any time consuming games

I've been only playing PL lately, but maybe this thread can help: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24421-Alternative-game(s)-you-are-playing-while-PL-is-down

costalot
For all you bored people I would recommend playing AQworlds, it works on any MAC or PC or try EpicDuel. AQworlds is extremely close to Pocket Legends and Pocket Legends got me off my AQworlds account for a while. They're both pretty similar

dan #1
If any one here is at home and has internet signal then u can play mapplestory or runescape thee both ok

iKLuTcH
04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Well firstly thank you PL staff. But I must admit I'm really happy I didn't go premium or purchase any platinum I love the game but it will be hard to take the hosting seriously ever again 24hr+? again tho great game and easily enjoyed, many miss PL and we hope for the sake and sanity of all involved Ur hosts give a damn soon...

Bagwaan
04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
So how about in the next expansion we travel to the volcano in the bottom right corner of the map and kill Amazons.

cdwilson66@gmail.com
04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey are you having same problem I am having? "connecting to server" that's all it does.

spookytooth
04-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey are you having same problem I am having? "connecting to server" that's all it does.

Servers are down, read 1st post

Warrbuxx
04-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks for update

iKLuTcH
04-22-2011, 11:02 AM
So how about in the next expansion we travel to the volcano in the bottom right corner of the map and kill Amazons.

Hopefully loot better hosting!!!

woopsjoe
04-22-2011, 11:02 AM
THX TY TY Thanks for the update. +1

sagief
04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
All we can do now it to wait :p

LordEspe
04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
So, how bout that weather huh? ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ



dunneldeen
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Dang. I bet a few of those Amazon engineer/managers have been up for 32+ hours working the problem. The status reporting guy is starting to make typos. Poor guys. Oh well. Here's hoping it's all over soon.

I work in the virtual/cloud environment for another provider. As annoyed as I am with PL down, I can understand the pain that some Amazon engineers are going through. The guy up for 32+ hours is probably not the guy who designed the thing, he's just the one who has to fix it when the design breaks.

Colborne
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Great... I thought it was on my end. Since the update on 4/20, I haven't been able to login. Can't wait to get back on! :-)

That prob means someone came to work high again!!!

Uniboom
04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Ill give u something to read.

Dear diary,

Its been 2 days without pocket legends my parents say im twitching alot and im seeing bears, elfs, and birds i went to see my therapist and he had a guardian shield! I think im going crazy when i went to the grocery store in the costume section to buy a new sword cause i had plat on me ofc i seen the heads of tons of monsters my mind was thinking "man wonder how many runs threw wyldwood this took" then all of the sudden i seen it everybodies biggest fear an amazon about 4.3 ft tall riding a bike next to his mom and dad amazons!!!

Hope you enjoyed

Colborne
04-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Love it!!!!! New lvls. And we get to kill the problem. Cap should go to lvl60 if tht happens:)

dunneldeen
04-22-2011, 11:19 AM

I like it! LMAO

Samhayne
04-22-2011, 11:19 AM

8:49 AM Pacific We continue to see progress in recovering volumes, and have heard many additional customers confirm that they're recovering. Our current estimate is that the majority of volumes will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours. As we mentioned in our last post, a smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Omg.....

I also feel so bored and lost without pl.
Hope i can play again within a few hours.
Come on amozon guys, fix the problems, yes u can...

othercents
04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I hope they are watching if their volumes come up because Amazon said that it will take 5-6 hours to get all the volumes working, but some volumes are working now.

LordEspe
04-22-2011, 11:26 AM
So does that mean that all the different sections are working except for the one which contains PL content!!!?

innovateer
04-22-2011, 11:27 AM
thanks for the update. This must be really tough for a small company like sts. we're sticking with you though.

BowOfZeus
04-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Do you wish to stop with your obsessive twitching? Having trouble concentrating? Have your parents noticed your withdrawal? Well I can fix all of that, with my new pocket legends lotion! It'll feel cool, then hot, then painful, and then you become the pocket legends animal of your choice! * sword, shield, and armor not included*

Alright, enough with the silly blibber-blabber, if I read correctly, amazon believes that the north virginia server for pocket legends should be up and running in 2-3 hours from now, central timezone.
If I didn't read correctly, then the Earth will suddenly tear apart, a black hole will suck us up like a lollipop and eat our tootsie roll core. Let's hope I'm right, for everybody's sake.

Sixdeaftaxis
04-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I used to think I was a casual player until I had to go two days without PL. I feel like an addict needing a fix.

Rare
04-22-2011, 11:28 AM
You know you're addicted when you wake up periodically throughout the night and check to see if its back up again.

Apostar
04-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Still waiting patiently; just took a elxier so I'll be good for five mins more. Only cost me 1 plat. lol

Colborne
04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Do you wish to stop with your obsessive twitching? Having trouble concentrating? Have your parents noticed your withdrawal? Well I can fix all of that, with my new pocket legends lotion! It'll feel cool, then hot, then painful, and then you become the pocket legends animal of your choice! * sword, shield, and armor not included*

Alright, enough with the silly blibber-blabber, if I read correctly, amazon believes that the north virginia server for pocket legends should be up and running in 2-3 hours from now, central timezone.

If I didn't read correctly, then the Earth will suddenly tear apart, a black hole will suck us up like a lollipop and eat our tootsie roll core. Let's hope I'm right, for everybody's sake.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! -running around in circles-

Warrbuxx
04-22-2011, 11:32 AM
No doubt... will elixir.be worth gold again?

Colborne
04-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I'll be playing Texas holdem. Pokerist.ca Colborne is my name there too:)

Colborne
04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Sorry pokerist.com. My bad

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Here is a question, amazon stated last night that there was only one availbility zone down why have the devs not moved the game to one of the many open ones yet? Thanks

Australia
04-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Cmon, I'm on my period and PL is offline!? Who the heck am I going to rage at D:

Australia
04-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Here is a question, amazon stated last night that there was only one availbility zone down why have the devs not moved the game to one of the many open ones yet? Thanks

As easy this may sound typing it, it isn't. It could be an option if amazon doesn't fix it soon, but really a worst case scenario I believe.

jcolt
04-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Thank goodness the server went down for more than a couple of days... I know, I know... most of you guys are bored..... but it got me realizing how hooked I was into this game... but during these couple of days, I finally attended invitations from my friends whom ive been blowing off lately to go out to clubs with them..... wow I felt out of place.. me! Out of place? When did that happen? Many girls who I could have picked up not so long ago seemed so difficult... and my girlfriends who looked baffled at how timid I have became for no reason? They were hookin me up with their girlfriends, but I felt awkward.... In conclusion... as much as I like this game.... I must cut back a bit... gotta live in the real world too.. and those girls who got away last night.... well there is always tomorrow... as for PL... these actually came in the right time...

TANKKAAR
Dear PL players & devs,
Im sorry to inform you that my GF has confessed to breaking amazons servers. She stated to me during a conversation this morning that she melted them with her mind! Im hoping that because she has come forward and admitted her guilt they will give her a reduced sentence. Sorry for any problems that this may have caused.

TANK

anezeudacen
Actually it is very easy assuming they are smart enough to keep snapshots on site.....

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Hihi , you are funny australia.
I know exactly what you mean.

Can someone tell me when we can play again?

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Amazon even gave them step by step procedure on how to do it lastnight lol

Lamp
04-22-2011, 11:50 AM
So is the update still working right now?kus i waited starting from yesterday and still saying connecting to server for a lomg time,o and thanks for the update too btw

YYZ????
I must confess, I do not understand this whole Server/Cloud interweb thingy. Was what happened just a wipeout? And now we are waiting for a mage who "Respawned at Entrance" to walk around and resurrect?

Mage - - it is the green and white circle up in the right, please press now!!

jcolt
As Jay pointed out, the servers aren't STS property, they belong to Amazon. As for switching, that takes time--time to research, time to move data and, usually the biggest time-taker, time to hash out the contract. Not to mention having to extricate yourself from the contract already in force.

It isn't easy getting out of a contract but rather difficult... law suits and being sued are expensive and it isn't worth it, because of only a few days of server failure. It is much more cheaper to fix it.... and believe me, much more faster than switching server providers overall.

MrZeke
Don't blame STS for the problems happening in PL tho, Amazon shouldn't haved f'ed up in the first place.... so go flame them^^

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Im not saying switch service providers... u have no clue about what is really going on... lmao

Tortega
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Love pl hoping amazon fixes everything soon I want to thank them all for working hard at resolving the problem. Although I am going thru withdrawals

Lvl 52-Mage-mishamae

Claritamystic
04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
As the web recov ers from Ama zon’s 24-hour col lapse of its cloud com put ing busi ness — an out age that took pop u lar ser vices like Hoot Suite, Red dit and Foursquare down with it — Sony report ed Fri day morn ing that its PlaySta*tion Net work is down. Some sus pect hack tivist orga ni za tion Anony mous is respon si ble.
Sony was tar get ed by Anony mous after it filed a law suit against George Hotz, a 21-year-old hack er who unlocked the PlaySta tion 3′s oper at ing sys*tem. In Sony’s orig i nal blog post about Fri day’s out age, the com pa ny men*tioned that an “out side party” might be respon si ble. That post has since been changed.

A recent post on the Anony mous’s Face book Page seems to take cred it for the out age.

“Take a break from online gam ing for a while…..it will help your skills, your health, and your emo tion al lev els, which by the way are a bit out of order if they are being shack led by the PSN being down,” it says. “We have no qualms about our actions, even though it may affect fel low anony mous or sup port ers… we hope they under stand the big ger picture.”

How ev er, the orga ni za tion denies involve ment on its web site, post ing an announce ment with the head line “For Once We Didn’t Do It.”

“While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by them selves, AnonOps was not relat ed to this incident,” it says.

The PlaySta tion out age affects 70 mil lion reg is tered PlaySta tion 3 and PSP users who use the cloud-based net work to access down load able games, movies and other media. They also use it to con nect with other play ers in multi-player games like Call of Duty. In a blog post, Sony said that it might be a full day or two before ser vice is restored.

jcolt
04-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Im not saying switch service providers... u have no clue about what is really going on... lmao

Well I just assumed that someone went to work high.. hence failure occured on 4/20.. and just didn't e. .do their job.. or hallucinated bears, elfs and birds. And just completely smashed everything out of fear??? But still... are we getting anytype of refund just incase they are unable to fully fix the server issue?

BowOfZeus
04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Amazon.... Amazon... Rawrrr.... You will pay for this mishap that you bestowed upon us..... Rawrrr .. I swear.... Rawrr... Rawrrr...

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Well I just assumed that someone went to work high.. hence failure occured on 4/20.. and just didn't e. .do their job.. or hallucinated bears, elfs and birds. And just completely smashed everything out of fear??? But still... are we getting anytype of refund just incase they are unable to fully fix the server issue?

Iam sure sts will, but as far as we go. Idk

Elnendil
04-22-2011, 12:01 PM
As the web recov ers from Ama zon’s 24-hour col lapse of its cloud com put ing busi ness — an out age that took pop u lar ser vices like Hoot Suite, Red dit and Foursquare down with it — Sony report ed Fri day morn ing that its PlaySta*tion Net work is down. Some sus pect hack tivist orga ni za tion Anony mous is respon si ble.
Sony was tar get ed by Anony mous after it filed a law suit against George Hotz, a 21-year-old hack er who unlocked the PlaySta tion 3′s oper at ing sys*tem. In Sony’s orig i nal blog post about Fri day’s out age, the com pa ny men*tioned that an “out side party” might be respon si ble. That post has since been changed.

A recent post on the Anony mous’s Face book Page seems to take cred it for the out age.

“Take a break from online gam ing for a while…..it will help your skills, your health, and your emo tion al lev els, which by the way are a bit out of order if they are being shack led by the PSN being down,” it says. “We have no qualms about our actions, even though it may affect fel low anony mous or sup port ers… we hope they under stand the big ger picture.”

How ev er, the orga ni za tion denies involve ment on its web site, post ing an announce ment with the head line “For Once We Didn’t Do It.”

“While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by them selves, AnonOps was not relat ed to this incident,” it says.

The PlaySta tion out age affects 70 mil lion reg is tered PlaySta tion 3 and PSP users who use the cloud-based net work to access down load able games, movies and other media. They also use it to con nect with other play ers in multi-player games like Call of Duty. In a blog post, Sony said that it might be a full day or two before ser vice is restored.

Think you space bars acting up and some of you keys not working

Tortega
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I just don't gt y ppl keep asking for things in return for the lost time in playing ya it's sad not to b able to play ya we all like playing ya devs did choose amazon but a crash can happen to anyone n I am sure they didn't want or expect things to crash gv them a break they r working on it!! I still love pl n I don't expect anything in return for the crash for me I just love playing n I can only control what is mine to control like PATIENCE!! :)

Lvl 52-Mage-mishamae

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 12:07 PM
It is officially now...
I have no life, besides pl..;)
Missed it so much passed days, and im continually checking the forum and amazo.
Hoping for the good news, that the problems are fixed...

positive thinking...and praying, and i admit, being desperate a little bit.

(sorry for my writing, im from the netherlands)

DiaJee
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I hope that it will wait for compensation in the form of Platinum!!!

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
'kay, Amazon. Find the guys responsible for this mess, get them PL accounts and let's take this to PvP.....

Colborne
04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Dear PL players & devs,
Im sorry to inform you that my GF has confessed to breaking amazons servers. She stated to me during a conversation this morning that she melted them with her mind! Im hoping that because she has come forward and admitted her guilt they will give her a reduced sentence. Sorry for any problems that this may have caused.

TANK

my wife has the exact same powers.....

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Can u extend the free main spine thing then cause we kinda wasted one day of leveling up

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Basically in non geek speak which I wont go into all the details so that non technical people can understand is that sts could have had the game up lastnight by "moving the game files to a different folder on a different availbility zone"

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 12:11 PM
'kay, Amazon. Find the guys responsible for this mess, get them PL accounts and let's take this to PvP.....

Haha, i vote for

jcolt
04-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Has anyone pointed this out? Is the cause of the server breakdown due to the massive farming of vyxnaar hate helms? Vyxnaar prob said f u all for the last couple of days for stealing my collection of vyxnaar helms... I mean it is the vyxnaar helm of hate.. and he prob hates us for hunting him down so much...

swiftdots
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Lmao true could be the farming

Kilooo
04-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Epic Fail on Amazon's Cloud...

You would think that a web server service that large would have an emergency relay
system in place to transfer services to another location. This should be mandatory, not
just for EC2 subscribers.

On the up side, I finally registered today and have been browsing the forums.

vol
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Im kinda sad PL is down.. well I guess I will go watch netflix on my ps3.. Ohh crap no psn so that wont work...ok I guess I will go browse reddit ... wahhh??? *SOB* Well at least I can order something via Amazon Prime. Thats still up :p

burgerdeel
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Say 'I' if you have been playing PL but only just created this forum account due to the game outage~!

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Say 'I' if you have been playing PL but only just created this forum account due to the game outage~!

"I"...

Feel verry comfortabele here...
Next to all pl players, who're feel the same

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 12:47 PM

I* for the sake of not making this spam. I think that miss fortune has brought us closer together as a community.?:)

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I* for the sake of not making this spam. I think that miss fortune has brought us closer together as a community.?:)

Yes, were one big happy family;)...

Arterra
04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I shall dub thee... The Amazon forum Gen! or maybe the Outage forum gen...

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
W hatis the latest news about amazon and fixing?

JaytB
04-22-2011, 01:01 PM
W hatis the latest news about amazon and fixing?

8:49 AM PDT*We continue to see progress in recovering volumes, and have heard many additional customers confirm that they're recovering. Our current estimate is that the majority of volumes will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours. As we mentioned in our last post, a smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

Wicked Caccavari
04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Hopefully within the next few hours Pocket Legends will be up. I've been bored out of my mind.

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Soooo if i get it right, we can play pl again within the next 5 or 6 hours?

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
*Singing. Off-key*

"Hey! You! Get offa my cloud!"

(My apologies. My only defense is withdrawal.)

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Amazon should stick to selling books

TSquared
04-22-2011, 01:14 PM
I cannot believe my luck. A few years ago I was a slave to WoW. Through being extremely busy with school, work, and personal life, I really put gaming on the back burner. However, lately I have been really feeling the need for a MMO and loving my Android phone I was excited about the availability of Pocket Legends. I finally decide to download and join what seems to be such a great community and the game has been down for two days! I do not fault STS, I understand what is happening with this outage, I am amazed that it is taking this long to solve the issues, but I cannot wait to dive into this game. I am trying to be patient but I am really hoping all is back up soon!

Sharisiggies
04-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm dieing of boredom!!! Ahhhh!!! :)

Pulling out my Mage attire and throwing rev and heal

Djinn80
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Business productivity soars with these servers down lol!

matamurman
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Its not STS'S fault the only thing we can do and it will be shown after the period of this sentence and wait it out is.

Beenjinkin
04-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Who send à mail at spacetime ??

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 01:22 PM

Don't step in the Thorn Wall, Shari...threw it down there just to keep you safe from any attacking Amazons while you're busy healing folks. Oooooh....we've had zombies, knights, goblins, little fire-throwing slime wads, D'jinn, bandits, mummies, crocs and aliens, so how about Amazons for the next great Arterran evil? Bwahahahaha.

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
What is 8:49 pdt in eastern time?

Colborne
04-22-2011, 01:24 PM

"I" but I started in november. Never really had the need to come here. I just always played game. But now that I am Here. I'll be back religously:)

Sorcererssoul
04-22-2011, 01:24 PM

I hope so, im so bored.....
Dowloading all populair apps atm, just out of boredom 'snore' lol.
Hope that it Will be fixed soon so i can reach lvl 30 :).

CanonicalKoi
04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
What is 8:49 pdt in eastern time?

11:49 EDT. East coast is 3 hours later than the west coast (PDT=Pacific Daylight Time).

Skiorahar
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Hopefully we should all be back online before 8:00pm EDT based on Amazon's update. Unfortunately were all still waiting.... hang in there guys.

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
11:49 EDT. East coast is 3 hours later than the west coast (PDT=Pacific Daylight Time).

Aw, if my calculations are right. We have another 2-4 hours left till our game's back up.

Wicked Caccavari
04-22-2011, 01:30 PM

If everything goes as planned.

guitarslayer01
04-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Im so glad we have this outlet its great we are all together still thx

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
If everything goes as planned.

Omg 5 more hours...
Here in the netherlands its 9 o clock in the evening....
W hatelse could i do on a friday night? :)

Oreosadater
04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I am very frustrated with this right before the game went out I spent a lot of money in it and didn't get to use it so can someone give me an idea of when today it will be back up

Oreosadater
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Please give idea

swiftdots
04-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Around 8 or 9 easten time i believe :/

ytsUm
04-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Gf eyeballs

Sorcererssoul
04-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Omg 5 more hours...
Here in the netherlands its 9 o clock in the evening....
W hatelse could i do on a friday night? :)
Uhmm watch some programs....
But i have faith in it, over a couple of hours we can play PL again!
Yay!

Oreosadater
04-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh that stinks but ok

SnipeAce
Will Pl be ready for us? Lets hope when we all jump back on that the servers dont crash.

ytsUm
Business productivity soars with these servers down lol!

Makes zero sense....

Colborne
04-22-2011, 01:50 PM
U guys need to stop hangin on every minute lol. It'll be up when it's up. Then everyone can get their fix all at once.
-sitting in chair shaking really bad foamin at the mouth-

spookytooth
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Will Pl be ready for us? Lets hope when we all jump back on that the servers dont crash.

I was actually wondering the same, because that huge surge of people all loggin in at once usually locks servers up. I hope theres a way to get it back runnin smooth fast after amazon gets there ducks in a row

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Any recent update? I have been following on/off most of the day?

waisted menkey
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Any recent update? I have been following on/off most of the day?

I figure if things had changed this thread would be locked and there'd be a "it's back up" thread

CappinClutch
04-22-2011, 02:01 PM
The plan was to get the community together, and storm the Amazon data centers of they're not online by then :)

I'm down! Lol

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm down for the raid of Amazon!!!! POT UP!!!!

cynic
04-22-2011, 02:08 PM
heya PL, 1 question;
some are talkin bout the fix after easter because they wouldnt work on a holiday. is this a rumour?
btw this would be a shame because the whole easter festivity within the game would be spoiled :(
still keep my hopes up

Greyhorse
04-22-2011, 02:10 PM
You know you're addicted when you wake up periodically throughout the night and check to see if its back up again.

*raises hand* I did that, too.

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 02:11 PM
I'll have to drown myself with Cadbury eggs!

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 02:12 PM
heya PL, 1 question;
some are talkin bout the fix after easter because they wouldnt work on a holiday. is this a rumour?
btw this would be a shame because the whole easter festivity within the game would be spoiled :(
still keep my hopes up

Its a huge company.. fixing has to be done. Therefor rumour is false.

1337arded
04-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Hmmmmm
"Our current estimate is that the majority of volumes will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours. As we mentioned in our last post, a smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover."

Read that last sentence again.....

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe we need an intervention!!!

azulflame
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
can we just get a number?

BowOfZeus
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Everyone, stop overthinking. It's very stressful to the brain. Simply, just think. The post was sent at 8:49 PACIFIC TIMEZONE. 5-6 hours from then is 2:49-3:49 at THAT location. Then, MOUNTAIN TIMEZONE is 3:49-4:49. See how I added the hour there? That's because it becomes later in the day after you pass a timezone to the Right. Left, it becomes earlier. CENTRAL TIMEZONE is 4:49-5:49. EASTERN TIMEZONE is around 5:49-6:49. If you go by these calculations, we only have about 1 to 2 hours left! Unless an unexpected delay happens, but don't go there.

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Uhmm watch some programs....
But i have faith in it, over a couple of hours we can play PL again!
Yay!

tv is on (voetbal international;))...
Hopefully i can play tonight pl...
T henight is still young :p.

1337arded
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
What did I do with my phone b4 pocket legends cuz for the life of me I can't figure out what else to do ...

BowOfZeus
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Download DragonballZ Tube, you can watch dragonball z in the meantime. Time flies when watching it. No joke.

cynic
04-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Its a huge company.. fixing has to be done. Therefor rumour is false.
ok thought so! but thnx

Pokechmp
04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey, can we have the same amount if easter festival after PL is up as we would have if PL didn't go down?

Colborne
04-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Now the forum server is having trouble loading pages. Uh oh!!!!! Dot go down forum. Ur the only thing Keeping my sanity

jaggedlilpill
04-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah...what's up with the forum, it dying too? Lol

Pokechmp
04-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Forum does seem to go slower for me...:(

Wicked Caccavari
04-22-2011, 02:44 PM

I've had my Ursan attire on for the past couple days out in public doing taunts and slashes to everyone I see.

SnipeAce
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Everyone, stop overthinking. It's very stressful to the brain. Simply, just think. The post was sent at 8:49 PACIFIC TIMEZONE. 5-6 hours from then is 2:49-3:49 at THAT location. Then, MOUNTAIN TIMEZONE is 3:49-4:49. See how I added the hour there? That's because it becomes later in the day after you pass a timezone to the Right. Left, it becomes earlier. CENTRAL TIMEZONE is 4:49-5:49. EASTERN TIMEZONE is around 5:49-6:49. If you go by these calculations, we only have about 1 to 2 hours left! Unless an unexpected delay happens, but don't go there.

Ive said somthing like this already. Yeah everyone is fixed on this 5-6 thing that was posted a wile ago.

Aaaat2
04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Ursan powered is sub par. I prefer avian powered!

Greyhorse
04-22-2011, 02:59 PM
SkyNet? Ha ha, messing with us, eh? Now CUT IT OUT!!!!

eshayz
04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
cant wait !

CujoLatte
04-22-2011, 03:14 PM
I know, I know, don't be ignorant and it's nobodies fault and don't throw blame around........BUT this is getting a little ridiculous! If I brought my car in to get fixed, I would have a fit if they could not fix it for 2 days. Some one needs to get on the ball whether it is pocket legends or amazon..... They both fing this thing up. It has been way to long now. I'm assuming they had no backup plan. Which in itself is retarded! And to not be able to do anything in 2 days is almost past forgivable. I may just shut my whole account down this is stupid. Who the he'll running this thing?

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Counting the minutes....

I fsomebody have news about the continue of the fixing, please be free to share...
I've lightend a candle, for the victims of the failing servers;)

CujoLatte
04-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I mean who is with me on this??? Who thinks this has gone on way way to long now??

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I mean who is with me on this??? Who thinks this has gone on way way to long now??
calm down it will be back up in 1 or 2 hours relax

swiftdots
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
i just bout cataclusm cuz of the outage........uh ohh

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:20 PM
still waiting for this while you're waiting go to app store search pocket legends and update to 1.7.1.1
what happens if you make 1.7.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1..1 .1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 .1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 what would you put in it?

matamurman
04-22-2011, 03:20 PM
;{o OH ya PiNk is my favorit color! I say if its not pink liquidate it and I need help spelling!

Pokechmp
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Hold on. Does this mean your use the North Virginia amazon thing?

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I think its verry long indeed.
But on the other hand i also do think that sts and even amazon,
work their butt of to solving the problems...

Only thing we can do is wait and be patience.
I admit its hard.

Pokechmp
04-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I can't wait to get back on I'm on a road trip and was planning to level up during the trip. It's a 6 hour trip sigh...

calm down it will be back up in 1 or 2 hours relax
If you read that amazon status page thing, found the Virginia amazon thing, pressed read more and read through it, it is going to b back soon.

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 03:31 PM
@ samhayne...

Can you please give us the latest news, about how its going before everything is back to normal,
and we can play again?

Keep up the good work...
Pocket legends rules!

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree with what was posted earlier in the thread, STS should have had a backup plan in case this happened. Just seems like bad business, I agree the outage is not their fault. Just think as a company spending the extra bucks to make sure this doesn't happen makes your company special and standout from the others.

Oreosadater
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah I having withdraws from not being able to play

Yoshura
04-22-2011, 03:36 PM
It will be awhile till its up guys they said at 8 am improve whenever that in about 5 hours the majority of the volumes will be up, scratch that and think 10 hours. Then the rest of the volumes will take an even longer and slower process so we won't probably be able to play until tomorrow hopefully. But you never know of it took this long to recover some volumes, imagine how long the "slow and longer" volume recovery will be. Just be prepared for no PL for the rest of the weekend. Sucks for the kids home on Easter weekend hoping to play PL.

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Can I get the set of patience as vanity I think everyone who isn't complaining should get 1 yes and make it so each increases hit chance by infinity and damage so I can finally kill that balloon hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hahahaha

Pilano
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
They ruin my Easter break !!!
I hate amazon :(

xyoz
04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I agree with what was posted earlier in the thread, STS should have had a backup plan in case this happened. Just seems like bad business, I agree the outage is not their fault. Just think as a company spending the extra bucks to make sure this doesn't happen makes your company special and standout from the others.

thats so true i would be alot happier if the business had a backup plan, just seems like this should be a necessity

Can I get the set of patience as vanity I think everyone who isn't complaining should get 1 yes and make it so each increases hit chance by infinity and damage so I can finally kill that balloon hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hahahaha

yeah i think we should get one, that ballon is just sooo strong.... -.-"

Ortolaner
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Funny to think with the Amazon servers down and all- You guys @ Space Studios STILL get zero downtime.

Well I hope this is over shortly, and kudos to all your efforts here babysitting / doing spin control.

I think we all here look forward to gaming as usual.

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah i think we should get one, that ballon is just sooo strong.... -.-"

he's got that balloon armor i also want maybe if we defeat him we get as drop that armor gives you plus infinity everything if balloon had a weapon that good he would do some pwnage in pvp

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Not really a complaint, I haven't been playing much lately. Just seems typical of business to be worried about "cost" and not how to make their company the best it can be. Money is important, but sometimes it's more than that ya know?

Tortega
04-22-2011, 03:49 PM
My Mage is getting restless lol

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:49 PM
While we wait STS should make version 1.8 yes and could you include some nuclear technology in it from district 13 in those hunger game series yes I can finally blow up the balloon.

Beez
04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Devs,

The following update was just posted. Would PL be one of the small number of customers?

2:15 PM PDT*In our last post at 8:49am PDT, we said that we anticipated that the majority of volumes "will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours." These volumes were recovered by ~1:30pm PDT. We mentioned that a "smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover." We're now starting to work on those. We're also now working to enable customers to be able to launch EBS backed instances and create, delete, attach and detach EBS volumes in the affected Availability Zone. Our current estimate is that this will take 3-4 hours until full access is restored. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Reminder this is a joke so don't complain if this isn't real
POCKET LEGENDS IS BACK UP!!!!!!!!!

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Imagine how STS could have said hypothetically "half the internet is down, but pocket legends is still up because we are l33t and kick butt!" :)

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
pocket legends should be up soon...

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
What's wrong with Pocket Legends? Nothing. What's wrong with Amazon? A lot.

Moogerfooger
04-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I know, I know, don't be ignorant and it's nobodies fault and don't throw blame around........BUT this is getting a little ridiculous! If I brought my car in to get fixed, I would have a fit if they could not fix it for 2 days. Some one needs to get on the ball whether it is pocket legends or amazon..... They both fing this thing up. It has been way to long now. I'm assuming they had no backup plan. Which in itself is retarded! And to not be able to do anything in 2 days is almost past forgivable. I may just shut my whole account down this is stupid. Who the he'll running this thing?

A) STS is not 'fing this thing up'. B) Complaining here will do you no good, go complain to Amazon....STS has done a good job of providing updates as they get them from Amazon C) Having backup plans is often very expensive and STS is a small company D) If you can't handle a couple of days with no PL due to something outside their control without saying wonderfully insightful things like "this is retarded", "this is stupid", and "who the he'll is running this thing", you need to get a grip on reality. Not to mention read the explanations of what is going on.

Swimmingstar
someone quick design the vanity set of patience we need it quick quick
Highlight above

Moogerfooger

Exactly. Well said.

Samhayne
04-22-2011, 03:55 PM

2:15 PM Pacific In our last post at 8:49am PDT, we said that we anticipated that the majority of volumes "will be recovered over the next 5 to 6 hours." These volumes were recovered by ~1:30pm PDT. We mentioned that a "smaller number of volumes will require a more time consuming process to recover, and we anticipate that those will take longer to recover." We're now starting to work on those. We're also now working to enable customers to be able to launch EBS backed instances and create, delete, attach and detach EBS volumes in the affected Availability Zone. Our current estimate is that this will take 3-4 hours until full access is restored. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we have additional information.

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Exactly. Well said.

Thx ^^ second person I see commenting this on that post ^^

CujoLatte
04-22-2011, 03:57 PM

Exactly what I was saying. Bad business making money is more important than having a back up server ready(which is more money) for the customers........

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the update speaking of updates where did you put the plan for the vanity set of patience?

Beez
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM

Where does PL fall?

Moogerfooger
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Exactly what I was saying. Bad business making money is more important than having a back up server ready(which is more money) for the customers........

And I suppose you think that money trees grow in the STS lobby? Do you have any idea how expensive it is to set up a backup data center operation? It is enough that a small company like STS may not be able to afford it. Why would they? Amazon has been (until now) the best and biggest at what they do and very reliable.

STS' servers are fine. It is the Amazon servers that are jacked. Just chill and be patient.

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 04:00 PM
will pl be up in the next 4 to 5 hours?

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 04:01 PM
yea money trees grow...in mr. tiptons office lol

Suntv
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, back from a day @ the beach and in the 38th hour of outage... I'm totally healed of PL. No really, I don't need my Crown of Persistance, the Enchanted Mega Mage Star Wand, my Sewer Queen Armor or for all my Sentinel Wing. It's soo shiny my armor and green, I kind of miss it. Int-Bird-Ism is the way to go, if I could only do a run. Ya I need a run. C'mon Amazon I neeed myy ruun!! So 38 hours is not enough to heal from PL...

Fawayleik
Amazon realy are hard working now to solve it?
Why there is no progress? Tell me one customer who is back online!
In the AWS they can write whatever they want. If one customer is back i belief on progress.:o

KaotiicxDream
Where does PL fall?

PL fell where the Amazon server it uses crash ..

P.S. Don't use that I said above unless u give me the credits ^^

Swimmingstar
04-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Well, back from a day @ the beach and in the 38th hour of outage... I'm totally healed of PL. No really, I don't need my Crown of Persistance, the Enchanted Mega Mage Star Wand, my Sewer Queen Armor or for all my Sentinel Wing. It's soo shiny my armor and green, I kind of miss it. Int-Bird-Ism is the way to go, if I could only do a run. Ya I need a run. C'mon Amazon I neeed myy ruun!! So 38 hours is not enough to heal from PL...
Patience! Everyone is trying to get vanity set of PATIENCE so if you're not patient we won't get it and will never pop that balloon

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I agree data centers cost a lot of money, but im sure this game could be run off a 50mb connection on a decent machine(s) at STS headquarters which they probably already have at their office, so there isnt a TOTAL outage.??? I mean the bandwidth required for this game cannot be much larger than 5 KB/sec from each client.. assuming there are 10000 people on at the same time thats 50,000 KB/sec (which i have never seen more than 5000 on at once) these are not exact numbers just speaking theoretically.

Oreosadater
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Need my pl back !!!!!!!!

CujoLatte
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
A) STS is not 'fing this thing up'. B) Complaining here will do you no good, go complain to Amazon....STS has done a good job of providing updates as they get them from Amazon C) Having backup plans is often very expensive and STS is a small company D) If you can't handle a couple of days with no PL due to something outside their control without saying wonderfully insightful things like "this is retarded", "this is stupid", and "who the he'll is running this thing", you need to get a grip on reality. Not to mention read the explanations of what is going on.

Ok I will speak in intelligent sentences. Sts should have had a back up plan. Only a company flying by the seat of their pants does not have a back up plan. This decision making makes me wonder what else they have shorted on and will it effect the customer...me? At this point, and maybe like 10 hours ago, sts should have borrowed, begged, or stole money to fire up another server to satisfie, once again I will use this crazy word,the customer. They have not........ Oh they are doing a great job of keeping us updated... geee whip. I am involved with start ups all the time and if a company is not pro active and more reactive they are done! Sts is just that.....re active.....

sayarn
04-22-2011, 04:10 PM
It is almost funny to watch how some people say omg maybe they cant afford it ,,,,, Do the math ... number of players ... say only half buy plat ... thats alot of cash in plat .. not to mention the other ways . I aggree it was in no way thier fault that the server went down . And am glad to see that they have all the char info backed up so every 1 isnt backed up to lvl 1 haha . But to say "small company that cant afford " well that just isnt true . Take it from a tech . they are doing just fine lol . wont even add the fact that so many paid for all the maps (( before they went free and got that "awesome" shield )) They are not microsoft by no means but they are not poor . Amizon offered a higher price set up to use east and west cost servers and they decided not to take advantage of this . As far as amizon well is way to easy only weeks after trying to get people to upgrade to multi servers in case 1 crashes ... the server does crash .. haha good scam amizon ....

Fawayleik
04-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Either amazon got outdated technology or no staff over the holiday. If a bank got something same it will be done in one night. O.o

Beez
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
PL fell where the Amazon server it uses crash ..

P.S. Don't use that I said above unless u give me the credits ^^

My question is what size customer is PL. And I wouldn't use your stupid saying. How about you let the devs answer my question next time.

Smartress
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I work for Software as Services co in Australia, one of the lessons we have learnt early, is that you need disaster recovery plan. You need have a back up cloud server provider, even if the main provider is an IT giant like Amazon. The time for us to switch to provider 2 is like 10 min at max if provider 1 went down.

Apostel
04-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Thank you for keeping folks informed. Hail PL- shame on Amazon Cloud Systems. Loking forward for my Crown of Patience!

CujoLatte
04-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I work for Software as Services co in Australia, one of the lessons we have learnt early, is that you need disaster recovery plan. You need have a back up cloud server provider, even if the main provider is an IT giant like Amazon. The time for us to switch to provider 2 is like 10 min at max if provider 1 went down.

My point exactly thank you Smartress.....

CujoLatte
04-22-2011, 04:18 PM
It is almost funny to watch how some people say omg maybe they cant afford it ,,,,, Do the math ... number of players ... say only half buy plat ... thats alot of cash in plat .. not to mention the other ways . I aggree it was in no way thier fault that the server went down . And am glad to see that they have all the char info backed up so every 1 isnt backed up to lvl 1 haha . But to say "small company that cant afford " well that just isnt true . Take it from a tech . they are doing just fine lol . wont even add the fact that so many paid for all the maps (( before they went free and got that "awesome" shield )) They are not microsoft by no means but they are not poor . Amizon offered a higher price se
t up to use east and west cost servers and they decided not to take advantage of this . As far as amizon well is way to
easy only weeks after trying to get people to upgrade to multi servers in case 1 crashes ... the server does crash .. haha
good scam amizon ....

again ...my point exactly.....

BlazingFelix
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
been waiting a long time, I hope it gets back up by the end of today...

Orjin
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
My four year old is more patient then most of you. And hes already asking if its almost time for Christmas again.

anezeudacen
If anything Amazon should have had the East cloud and the West cloud mirrored, so if there was a site crash the other site would be able to balance the load, even if its on the other coast and the ping would be higher it would still work :)

karmakali
Wow...well if we are all using the logic above then shame on STS for not having a backup and more than that....they should have gotten a back up to their backup!
People...chill!
STS is a small company that delivers a big product.
They used what is considered a reliable company to deliver their product.
It failed... its not the end of the world and it is no reflection on STS.

Fawayleik
Booooo Amazon, ty for ruin my holidays!:mad::(

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 04:24 PM
This has nothing to do with patience, even if the game is down all night or all weekend it does not matter to me. It just questions how loyal STS is to us the customer. They do a great job, and the game is a hit, but I guess I just expected more from a customer service type position from them.

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
This just reminds me of an old saying "Never forget your tape backup" lol

SiX
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
This sounds like a job for Captain Hindsight!!!

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Any minute that passed by, brings us closer to playing :p..
In the mean time we could use our positive thinking and be patience...
Maybe amazon then fix the problems faster,,lol...
Dont pay attention to the pressure...
But fix it now!

Aislinjade
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
My first MMO was Everquest. I started about a month before their first expansion (Kunark) came out. Basically this just means I am used to server outages. This wait is nothing. I'm sure it will be back up eventually.

anezeudacen
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Lol yep whenever eq had an update server was broke. the good ol days.

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
I feel like a kid during a long trip asking, "Are we there yet?"

Charmingx
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
It is exactly 12 o clock midnight here in the netherlands.
Still i cant connect with the server..
Please please someone promise me, that when i wake up tomorrow everything was a bad dream, and i can play the game again,
Happily ever after....

I would sleep so much better, with that knowledge...lol

Addicted
04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I can't believe it has been almost 2 full days without playing... I haven't missed a single day since I first tried the game 8 months ago - addicted from day one! This is torture!!

Jaaziki
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Are we there yet?

Dartagnian
04-22-2011, 04:39 PM
My first MMO was Everquest. I started about a month before their first expansion (Kunark) came out. Basically this just means I am used to server outages. This wait is nothing. I'm sure it will be back up eventually.

Back in the the day when LOADING...PLEASE WAIT...was common. Remember getting locked up while zoning?

Ah, the good ol' days.

Former Luclin Server Paladin