PDA

View Full Version : Kill Count & Death Count

Weak_Sauce
04-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I recently realized that although we do not get credit for kills in lower level dungeons we DO get credit for our deaths. This makes no sense to me... I wanted to hear from other people , and hopefully the developers, to find out the logic behind this or if it is merely a problem they haven't addressed.

Thanks!

Zeazety
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I'd say its intentional as a mark of embarrassment. It takes no work to kill 10,000 forest haven mobs in a couple of hours to pad your kill stats. However, getting killed in forest haven is a lot more monumental.

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd say its intentional as a mark of embarrassment. It takes no work to kill 10,000 forest haven mobs in a couple of hours to pad your kill stats. However, getting killed in forest haven is a lot more monumental.

This is just... Funny :) I didn't even look at it this way, but I'd say you're right.

Weak_Sauce
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Point taken, I still wish kills counted everywhere or at least the level you're at and maybe the two previous levels. I love getting my kill count up but I also enjoy some variety while doing so. This way people wouldn't be able to go to forest haven kill 6000 guys quickly and make it to the top of the leaderboards.

Zeazety
04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Point taken, I still wish kills counted everywhere or at least the level you're at and maybe the two previous levels. I love getting my kill count up but I also enjoy some variety while doing so. This way people wouldn't be able to go to forest haven kill 6000 guys quickly and make it to the top of the leaderboards.

I was under the impression that as long as you could get XP for it, it counted as a kill. So if that is the case you have something like 3 levels below you that you can farm.

giayuan
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I was under the impression that as long as you could get XP for it, it counted as a kill. So if that is the case you have something like 3 levels below you that you can farm.

yup, that is correct. If you get xp, you get kills. And that applies for 3 lvls up and down from your current lvl. well... 3 lvls down to the highest mob in PL.

Sky../
04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
If you're level 50+ and you die in forest haven, you deserve 100 death count.

Yes, you do get kill count for anything that still gives you exp. Except if you're 56 and in BS, you get kill count even if you don't get exp anymore

Kpf
08-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Lol if you die that high you should consider switching games

Daueden
08-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Lol if you die that high you should consider switching games

And this is a 6 year old thread...my only question is how did you find it