PDA

View Full Version : Military PL players

devinrhall
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey everyone...I was suggesting an idea of making some sort of shields to recognize ppl in different branches of the military...but sumthin that could make this not work is ppl faking as military members...even I as a marine don't have a very good idea of how to have proof if they could come up with a shield for members...I thought a picture of the military ID but of course ppl would probably Photoshop or sumthin stupid...I know a lot of military members play...any ideas?

LordEspe
04-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Although I was prior military, I don't agree with this suggestion. Sorry if I sound like a hater but, we all need to remember that this is a game. I don't like the idea of giving things for outside (the game that is) events or life experiences. I fully appreciate and support all branches of the military, but this game is international. If you are talking about the US military than you have to include all branches for ALL countries. I just don't see that happening. Again sorry if I sound like a hater!! :)

drewcapu
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Well, now that there's a vanity shield slot (perhaps vanity weapon isn't too far off also?), one thing that can be made are "charity items". For instance, a vanity shield which costs, say, $5 worth of plat, where all proceeds go to some worthwhile charity/foundation/cause. It could be military related, it could be disaster related, it could be seasonal related, it could be all sorts of things!

LordEspe
04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
i Like the charity idea.

Arterra
04-22-2011, 12:56 PM
psssst "PL players" long, say "PL-ayers!" ;)

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 12:58 PM
psssst "PL players" long, say "PL-ayers!" ;)

Nice one Arterra ^^

devinrhall
04-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Ur npt hatin I understand where ur coming from and its rlly a gray area anyways and would be difficult to do...but I'm not sure about all services but at least navy and marines we have a thing called navy relief program which is a charity where money goes to support marines who don't have funds at the moment to go on things such as emergency leave for a dying family member...or like recently here at camp lejeune in NC we had tornadoes take about 20 marines houses and everything they had and that program helps them get back on their feet...so maybe a vanity item for ppl who buy that particular item that would go to navy relief

pastrychef
04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
How about a special shield for the bakers of the world? Or construction workers? What about beach life guards?