PDA

View Full Version : Some pointers please

Deanoboi
04-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Ok guys I'm new to this game and wud Jst like some pointers on weather I'm doing this rite, I'm a level 26 warrior and iv been stacking all my point on strength and most of my skill points on DMG attack skills, is this correct lol? If not can I respec my skills and points?

FluffNStuff
04-22-2011, 11:44 AM
From now on, put 3 in str, 2 in dex. Also skill make sure your buffs have points.

Deanoboi
04-22-2011, 11:48 AM
What will I need dex for?

FluffNStuff
04-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Hit percentage. Without adding it in, you will keep missing against higher level mobs and bosses. No need to respec, just start putting in as you level. Also if rage and iron blood are not maxed spend points on those till they are.

Raulur
04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Dex helps out your hit % and dps. Beckon and taunt both work best with higher hit %. Once you get good at pulling mobs into a tight group, you'll end up with lots of archer friends. Let them do the killing while you control the aggro.

spookytooth
04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
6 beckon asap, max ur buffs and debuffs asap, max stomp, taunt i believe is the same for aggro draw at lvl1 and 6 but the difference is at 6 u get a huge dodge buff that stacks per taunt. Taunt, pull mobs towards walls, scream, let mages/birds combo, rinse repeat. stomp if needed but try to keep groups tight for combos. Try to lead your pack always by a decent enuf distance to set em up for your group. Just a fast lil guide i guess maybe u can use some of those tips in your grinds :) hapoy huntin

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Go see Physiologic's Advanced PL Mechanics if u want to know what the attributes increase ^^

Azesche
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
6 beckon asap, max ur buffs and debuffs asap, max stomp, taunt i believe is the same for aggro draw at lvl1 and 6 but the difference is at 6 u get a huge dodge buff that stacks per taunt. Taunt, pull mobs towards walls, scream, let mages/birds combo, rinse repeat. stomp if needed but try to keep groups tight for combos. Try to lead your pack always by a decent enuf distance to set em up for your group. Just a fast lil guide i guess maybe u can use some of those tips in your grinds :) hapoy huntin
Ah yes. Definitely love bears that "tank/pull" properly. So far I've been able to PUG campaigns with little to no pain on my end, but now that I've hit the 30 areas the failure to pull, keep hate, survivability, and healing of a lot of random people is starting to get to me x__X

Is there some secret place where thoughtful grouping has gone underground? or is it truly a trial-and-error fest to find the efficient mob mowing combo machines that I have grown to love and appreciate D:

Rare
04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Ok guys I'm new to this game and wud Jst like some pointers on weather I'm doing this rite, I'm a level 26 warrior and iv been stacking all my point on strength and most of my skill points on DMG attack skills, is this correct lol? If not can I respec my skills and points?

STR will increase your health and skill damage while DEX will increase your attack damage and hit %. I would recommend a mix of STR and DEX so that you aren't just playing as a rock.

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
U have to max rage. It's gives u a huge damage boost

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Actuall 5 beckon is good for pvp 6 for pve or regular

Deanoboi
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Well I'm a great tank on world of Warcraft and I'm hoping to bring my skills over to PL but like any new game u start playing you need to learn the ropes :) so thanks for the pointers guys