PDA

View Full Version : One hitting mobs is now a concern

Oursizes
07-02-2015, 08:40 AM
So as we know, back in t3 we were facing 1hitting taurus. However that was the boss in an ELITE map so it was understandable. However sts went too far with their plat milking techniques when they started making mobs in regular zones 1hit you. Thats right folks, im talking about those giants in the cryogem mines! They 1hit like crazy and this isnt even an elite map. I have 4.3k, almost 4.4k hp and i was still getting one hit! Any thoughts?

EQT
07-02-2015, 08:44 AM
get a decent tank to protect you, this map isnt a full dps job. It is balanced and yes they do one hit you when you're casually running map - keep on your toes.

mmaachilles211
07-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Stop being terrible? Lol jkjk but seriously all of there attacks have windup and the only one that is a one hit, from what I've seen, is the one that takes a while for it to do ie the over head club slam. Just dodge man its easy.

TankingRogue
07-02-2015, 08:58 AM
still one hit with arcane ring + pendant? at least it is more challenging and not boring. haha

Zylx
07-02-2015, 09:03 AM
You see, the problem with one-hitting mobs in a simplistic combat style game like AL is just that, the combat is too simple and there isnt a real way to avoid any attacks, therefore it's a luck based combat system. There is absolutely no skill needed when you try to avoid being one-hit, you just do. So it all turns into STS milking us for ankh money.

It's not challenging, its just suicide

Otahaanak
07-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Agreed, Elites are going to be interesting :)

Wazakesy
07-02-2015, 09:09 AM
I use imbued, ring and pendant and the giant can get me to 10% on his average wind up hit. It's anyone's guess how things will be like in elites lol. But then again this makes tanks an integral part of the elite run party again. Just hope the tanks out there are up to the task :)

same here, i drop down to ~8% in about his smash, even ravagerx (nab war gtfo pls xD) got rekt ._.

my tips would be

All classes must stay away from the circle attacks - the falling stones in the sense as they stun. Having some immunity like juggernaut, arcane shield, Razor shield helps. Rogues and mages stay away from the hulking brute boss, let the warrior handle this...Lets not forget that rogues will mostly have to spam noxbolt and aimed shot, since getting trapped in the stun by the stones is deadly, he hits really hard.

Remiem
07-02-2015, 10:31 AM
These maps are definitely balanced differently than in the past. Like someone mentioned above, you'll require a tank to soak up some of that damage while your DPS classes wear them down. Remember, those brutes also get buffed as you kill the littler orcs (HULK ANGRY) so use your war or rogue to focus the brute first. A mage is great to AOE the little guys to death.

Oursizes
07-02-2015, 10:36 AM
I wonder how elites will be. If you get stunned once= gg lol.. Hard to find good tanks that are active nowadays

Trojan2100
07-02-2015, 10:59 AM
i was hoping for taunt buff for war . Thise giant Orc does hit very hard but with little investment on 15 reduction elx I was fine , I was even taking on 2 earlier. Most tank out there are not even tank , walking around with two hand sword with dps skill . Real tank can handle those Orc without tomuch trouble

Edward Coug
07-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Stop being terrible? Lol jkjk but seriously all of there attacks have windup and the only one that is a one hit, from what I've seen, is the one that takes a while for it to do ie the over head club slam. Just dodge man its easy.

Yep. It's pretty hard to get hit by this attack. I'll be interested to see how the elite are before I make any judgments. The other thing to note is that we haven't leveled up yet.

Not a fan of the boss's reflect skill. The boss already has a ton of health, and this will just slow things down.

Hellgamer
07-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I dont get 1 hit tho i get pretty low as a tank. Rly why bother with these? tank taunts them , others kill small mobs and just avoid red zones

Haligali
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Why you bother fighting with them? Just skip those and run to boss and kill the weak mobs meanwhile, the boss will be there. Imho the maps are too easy.

Oursizes
07-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Why you bother fighting with them? Just skip those and run to boss and kill the weak mobs meanwhile, the boss will be there. Imho the maps are too easy.

I wanted to see how strong they were out of curiosity. And if you get stunned its gg lol

Haligali
07-02-2015, 11:42 AM
I wanted to see how strong they were out of curiosity. And if you get stunned its gg lol

Razor shield and no stuns, get a nekro too till cheap.

I tried to kill them too, but took too much time, i was like "meh" and run away.

Edward Coug
07-02-2015, 11:46 AM

With how slow his windup is, it should be a one-hit kill. I have yet to be stunned and hit. I took a few hits just to see the damage. As others have said, there is really no point in fighting the big guys. Heck, you don't even have to park them.

kiwotsukete
07-02-2015, 01:07 PM
they are so easy to dodge... even my mage with 4k hp and 1k armor tears them to shreds... simply stand under them. when they winds up, run through them... you take very minimal damage. just dance with them such as with runescape bosses. really makes them easy to kill. I soloed two on my mage this way.