PDA

View Full Version : Summoning

pokerking2121
04-22-2011, 12:49 PM
I think it would be awesome if mages (or all classes) had the ability to summon similar to the mages in eq (example: lesser and greater elementals) or even similar to necros in diablo (skeleton archer, warriors). This could also be used by components such as runes or stones found throughout the game or purchasable in certain locations (other then high level summons similar to crafting components). I'm really surprised this already hasn't been incorporated into the game. And would also help compensate for the advent of the gcd to the game, allowing for meatshields during cooldown periods. These summons could be tweakable in characteristics and form (platinum generating concept). So what you guys think?

dballah
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Pets are a future plan for pl gameplay. So dont worry, you'll get your follower without draining your mana.

pokerking2121
04-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Ehhh pets are fine, but theirs nothing like casting enormous earth elemental dual wielding swords while nuking... Or gigantic griffin sitting in the tunnel near Freeport...(eq reference sorry). I think casting has it's perks more then pets. My opinion anyway

Prest87
04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
It would be cool if they added a new class who was a necro

Major
04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Yep the squirrel necromancer haha, or like a hamster druid haha. Either way summoning would be awesome. I hope one day we do get pets!!

Prest87
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Yep the squirrel necromancer haha, or like a hamster druid haha. Either way summoning would be awesome. I hope one day we do get pets!!

Ya but summoning probably not going to happen pets are way more likely

Wicked Caccavari
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
One word: Warlock

pokerking2121
04-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Theirs just something sastifying about watching your greater air conjuration mack a frost giant as you calmly sit-down and meditate. Honestly take away all my evoke spells and I wouldn't bat an eye. As for necros... Who doesn't dream about rushing any sewer level with an army of resurrected spawns, poison striking and deathtouching away. Also the addition of a shapechanger would be pretty badass. Think about 2 spells per level one being a different morph for different situations. Think about the possibilities... Who needs a bear when you can change into a yeti or a cyclops... Sick idea I know :)

nazgulking
04-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I suggested this so +1

japanboy
04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
yes, just like Warlock of WOW haha~~~ its convenient anyway

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 06:00 PM
nice idea! like in god of war 3 with the hades claws...:p

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
It would be awesome if they added a summoning rock
And mages or other types can summon monsters in a specific type of
Map maybe called the town of summoning and add new boss monsters... Just though but kinda random...

Yoshura
04-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Thing with this is, think one word.. "pocket" legends guys. There is only 3 basic classes and limited character customization for a reason. I doubt there will ever be a new class, but pets will probably happen soon enough.

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
There should be a new account like a rogue that throws stars.. Kinda like maplestory