PDA

View Full Version : Gear color changer

darkerelf
04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Sorry if someone already posted something similar to this.

I played a game called Ultima Online a while back, and after a year they reward you an armor color changing bucket. The bucket is not a one time use, its permanent thing and can be used for any gear from helm, boots, chest piece, wrist piece, and etc.The following year a similar reward was granted with more vibrant colors.

I've noticed at certain lvls everyone starts looking alike and feels very bland. Just like the magic mirror in PL I am proposing a gear changing color bucket or mirror of some sort.
* Make it to where only pinks can be changed in colors, and each armor has to be changed individually.
* Also charge plat for every gear color change, preferably 2 plat or less ( 1 plat).
* Add a color wheel with number adjustment, so people can just type in that same number for their other gears.
* Similar to the color wheel, add an option for spirals and or patterns (just like the void, cosmos, and rift sets). With these patterns add a numbering indicator too, so they can make other gears similar.

With different colors and patterns no one will look alike. Full pink sets have set bonus and they sparkle anyways, so we can still tell if someone is wearing a pink set. I was considering maybe do it to all gears not just pinks, but not sure.

In the auction, make an option to sell full sets of gears so some pieces don't go missing. But if someone gets a piece not suited to their color, they can go to the bucket and change it to their liking. I believe SPS will prophet a lot from this. If anyone has other ideas please add..

Uniboom
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Omg i love ultima online

Ladylove
04-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I enjoy this idea. +10 charm.

Uniboom
04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Ultima online i had a castle and 18x18 on hybrid

Piosidon
04-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I really wish the devs actually stop and read this stuff and add it in a future update

xyoz
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
great idea, i think each item should have two or three colours that can be changed, so you could have a black armor with a gold trim, with maybe some of the smallest details white as accents, but i believe you shouldnt have to pay 2 plat for every piece of armor but maybe as a whole so you can paint your whole outfit or choose pieces at once for 2 plat. the patterns on the armors could also be changed somehow with the higher level armors more customizable.

once again great idea Darkerelf

darkerelf
04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I forgot to mention about weapons, my thoughts on that is to keep it as is ,so they are more distinctive. Just gears for color changing, but if anyone thinks otherwise feel free and voice your opinion.