View Full Version : android x86?

Tengotengo
04-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Has anyone used this to boot a windows machine with Android? And, if you have, did you load PL?

I'd like to get a Dell Inspiron Duo. It's a little convertible multi-touch netbook, and load it up with PL.

adwin
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
You kindda misformulated your idea.
PL should run on any android platform, provided you're exposing an OpenGL 1.1 with GLES extensions.

Futumsh
04-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Actually no, the current version of PL for android does not support x86.

Tengotengo
04-24-2011, 10:58 PM
ah, thank you Futumsh. Adwinp, I have no clue that meant. Silly Adwinp, stick to shooting things with explosive arrows. :D

kanle
04-25-2011, 09:56 PM
never use it.

WhoIsThis
04-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Actually no, the current version of PL for android does not support x86.

Unless Intel comes up with some sort of emulator that can run the ARM instruction sets.

They might actually have to do that if you think about it. All of the Android apps right now are compiled for ARM and Android itself is made for ARM. If Android sustains it's current growth rate, they may have to. The Wintel monopoly (or duopoly) is ending.

Tengotengo
04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
haHAAA! all problems are solved; I just pre-ordered an Asus Transformer with Honeycomb. I feel.....awesome.

WhoIsThis
04-27-2011, 07:03 PM
haHAAA! all problems are solved; I just pre-ordered an Asus Transformer with Honeycomb. I feel.....awesome.

Nice.

I hear it's a much better tablet than the Xoom. The screen is IPS too. Be sure to share your experiences! I'm interested in a tablet at some point too.

braluk
04-28-2011, 04:42 AM
I'm curious, does anyone have any phone that has a video out on it, much like connecting a laptop to an external monitor? I know a few tablets probably could and maybe a few of the higher end phones- mine supposedly has a dock that can stream out through HDMI but I don't think it can stream video out like a laptop. But I could imagine how cool it'd be to play on a big screen.

Tengotengo
05-05-2011, 02:32 AM
I think you can do that on the Droid X. Should be able to do it on the upscale tablets with HDMI out as well...

adwin
05-08-2011, 01:15 PM
ah, thank you Futumsh. Adwinp, I have no clue that meant. Silly Adwinp, stick to shooting things with explosive arrows. :D

;]
Actually, I forgot that we have to take into consideration the native bindings: libpocketlegends, which ARE in arm.