PDA

View Full Version : PVP is way to unbalanced!

KingFu
05-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I have been playing PVP since it came out and have gotten really annoyed about the fact that warriors kill everyone, no matter if they are using dex, int, or str. I hate it how enchantresses and archers don't stand a chance alone against a worrior. I know they deal more damage, have more armor, and have more health, but my friend and I went into PvP alone (he is a warrior) and he let me hit him (I was an enchantress using str) and he said I wasn't conflicting hardly any damage. I am so tired of it being so unbalanced. Not to mention the spawning, you can not go a whole game without spawning next to a fighting enemy and dying almost right away. Please fix these problems!

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I find warriors to be less powerful than me. Even though I am glory when it comes to PvP. You just need me back on your team. We were pwning whatever came our way.

KingFu
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah, you are the best archer I recall of seeing in PVP. Still, haven't you noticed worriors kill your teammates though? It is way to extreme, I don't see them die very much unless it's from another worrior, or they were ambushed!

WarMage
05-26-2010, 09:18 AM
wArrior
INflicting

It's much easier to take a post seriously when the author attempted to look professional in his writing approach.

KingFu
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Excuse me, but this post isn't supposed to be about criticizing and correcting my spelling. I am just trying to pass a point here, that PVP is unbalanced and has it's issues. This isn't a term paper.

Royce
05-26-2010, 09:27 AM
I haven't noticed this so much. My enchantress stays alive against warriors using magic shield and heal, though I rarely seem able to kill a warrior either, and can usually only do it with help. Also a warrior with DEX or INT, should not be different from an archer or enchantress except for their skills. I guess maybe iron blood and rage are just too good.

KingFu
05-26-2010, 09:32 AM
I use magic shield and heal fairly often, though I use up my mana very quickly in PVP, it helps me live but when your mana is empty, it is hard to give a fighting chance against them. I thought that a worrior using dex would be the same as an archer, but I was mistaken, I even spoke to my archer friends to see if it was just me and they also said that they noticed worriors using dex seem to be harder to kill then other archers (same thing with int and enchantresses), I am just tired of the unbalance and have been playing PVP less and leveling up my lower level character.

ratava
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Good discussions.

Only had the chance to try a few games and glad to say my Archer survived 6 skirmishes without dying once, though of course manna went low quickly.

Loved being able to kite, root and generally run-away and shoot. Even tried hiding in the huts in Swamps and pot-shotting from there!

Ajeje
05-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with mystical dream.
I can assure you that i have a warrior and in 1VS1 you CAN NOT KILL ME.
Try in 1vs1 and then you'll see with your eyes.
Bye

PS. My warr is dobermann , write me and i can show you in game

King Richie
05-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I dont really find warriors a problem anymore and im a talon archer .... I pwn face with my combos =)

Smellulater1
05-26-2010, 10:07 AM
hehe we did have some fun today King Richie :)

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Lol I'll take on your warrior 1v1 and pwn his face.

Smellulater1
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM
talk is cheap, bring it on big bird ;)

King Richie
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
I wana watch that that should be funny !! Pwn Face is such a deadly phrase !

Neurion
05-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Individually, yes there is "imbalance". Non-tank builds die in seconds, non-DPS builds rarely lead the scoreboard, etc. But see, most are missing an important point of PvP: Team play. There's a reason we have to choose "Blue" and "Red" at the start of a round.

Leave the killing sprees to DPS builds. It's what they're spec'ed for.
Tanks should not focus on one enemy and stun-lock as many as possible.
Mages should forget about killing, AOE spells rarely land a good hit on bears' and archers' dodge. But, IMO they're the most important class because while helpless alone, they can keep a team SOLID when they know how to constantly buff/heal teammates and debuff enemies.

Take away the notion that more kills = better player, and suddenly nothing seems imbalanced

Gouki
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
That is a great point and it would be sad to take from the team play aspect.

Endless
05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Well put Neurion. I'm contemplating joining a guild for this very reason. The way the game is balanced now, only teamwork will consistently bring down other players.

Plus I can't help but sigh as I watch my "teammates" run off one by one and get put down without trying to stick together.

Rage Alert: If you are a mage, BUFF and HEAL before you decide to take on the Bowbear in full Zombie gear. At least I'll have a better chance after you get smoked.

KingFu
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes, but if your an enchantress you don't want to play PVP just to heal others and revive them just so that they can kill the enemies, they want to play to match up against others. Although you bring up a good point, PVP came fairly late, if it were in the beginning and people knew that warriors inflict more damage, enchantresses don't deliver too much damage etc. they would have picked the class they want to play as in PVP, now, it's too late too change your character, you can respec'ed, but not change from enchantress to warrior. They should at least bring the dodge down on archers, and the health and armor down on the warrior.

Even though, as you said, enchantresses should forget killing and heal others, does that mean I can just watch and heal when others need it? If that's the case and that's how it's gonna stay, me and I am sure a good amount of others will stop playing PVP. If warriors are gonna be so hard to kill forever in PVP, the leader boards will be filled with them!

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 10:54 AM
talk is cheap, bring it on big bird ;)

Alright 1pm central time. I'll be on.

Smellulater1
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
heheh, cool add me to your friend list, be gentle with me

KingFu
05-26-2010, 11:41 AM
be gentle with me

Haha, that's what she said! LOL, sorry I had to!

Sayishere
05-26-2010, 11:42 AM
i have only played pvp for like 30 mins (just found the time to do it)

is it me, or is it REALLY laggy? i mean its so unresponsive sometimes i just end up dieing and not knowing how, obviously this is when theres like 6 people in a room, how does everyone manage under these cirumstances?

i was in a room with 1 guy and it was fine, am using my archer, i noticed Bow bears just destroying everything in the games ive played, i havent played a bear so got no idea of their skill sets, but to me they have the complete package right now, survivability, damage...AND RANGE..i mean -.-

i switched to talon on my archer because i seriously take way to much damage, testing out talon

KingFu
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I just deal with it, if my ping reaches high (it usually does when I am in my room) then a lay down at the top of the stair case and it's usually fine then, but I got used to it. Also, bears are basically like bow bears but they don't have range and kill in a more shots. A strategy often used is them pulling you in with their skill and using stomp and depending on how many skill points were used for the pull in they sometimes use it again and start hitting you with their weapon.

Cinco
05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Played a lot of matches last night with Bear and Avian characters versus other Bear and Avian characters. I noticed a fair amount of give-and-take in these exchanges: Avians can blast through Bear armor then chew up their health points quite effectively. Bears (with or without a bow) can shred Avians if they beckon, terrify, mega-slash, etc.

Enchantress, on the other hand, needs a lot of help in both the DPS and Armor departments - even in the role of support (as even with 5 on 5 matches there's a chance of being ganked while all alone). As a result I am developing some additional effects for her 'Blessing' abilities. Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Hopefully have this in for tomorrow's update.

Thanks,

- Cinco

King Richie
05-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Very smart thinking =)

Azrael
05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I dont really find warriors a problem anymore and im a talon archer .... I pwn face with my combos =)

oh Rly?

In all seriousness, it seems to come down to the warrior or Archer making contact with its enemy. It only takes either of these classes 3-6 hits in a row to kill their opponent. The PROBLEM is that we only seem to make contact (generally), i.e. no missing or dodging, when we have focus or rage up.

In bear vs archer, the player with rage or focus up wins, but the bear has a slight advantage due to high armor and iron blood. They take more burst damage than the Archer.

2 Ursans, a bowbear or Archer, and 2 Enchantresses will massacre anything in their path btw... After the first day of nonsense got fixed, Venom rolled everything in our path.

Xanthia
05-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Played a lot of matches last night with Bear and Avian characters versus other Bear and Avian characters. I noticed a fair amount of give-and-take in these exchanges: Avians can blast through Bear armor then chew up their health points quite effectively. Bears (with or without a bow) can shred Avians if they beckon, terrify, mega-slash, etc.

Enchantress, on the other hand, needs a lot of help in both the DPS and Armor departments - even in the role of support (as even with 5 on 5 matches there's a chance of being ganked while all alone). As a result I am developing some additional effects for her 'Blessing' abilities. Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Thanks,

- Cinco

I have to agree with Azrael (Member of Venom), they kept me alive very well, when we were all 5 playing together we did not lose a match, and won by a large margin. I think that enchantresses just need to learn how to effectively play their class, I would like to see more buffs/enchantments to the party instead of making us stronger in a DPS sense.

Cinco
05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
I have to agree with Azrael (Member of Venom), they kept me alive very well, when we were all 5 playing together we did not lose a match, and won by a large margin. I think that enchantresses just need to learn how to effectively play their class, I would like to see more buffs/enchantments to the party instead of making us stronger in a DPS sense.

Definitely hear you. My goal is to develop fun 'team-focused' PvP; not rock-star one-toon-against-the-world pnage. :)

As such, I'm keeping these upcoming Enchantress changes to "burst" DPS and Armor; not making any sweeping changes to the class' stats, weapons or (other) skills.

- Cinco

Xanthia
05-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I have DPS wise, Enchantresses are overpowered, I would LOVE to see our healing power be affected by crit and spell casting. It's kinda weird that only Melee Attacks are affected. Don't add DPS to enchantress, give us more spell ways to protect our selves, upgraded buffs :) and HEAL :)

Azrael
05-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Definitely hear you. My goal is to develop fun 'team-focused' PvP; not rock-star one-toon-against-the-world pnage. :)

As such, I'm keeping these upcoming Enchantress changes to "burst" DPS and Armor; not making any sweeping changes to the class' stats, weapons or (other) skills.

- Cinco

Cinco, can you comment on the accuracy system (which would include dodge, misses and hit) and the effect increasing damage/dps has on a players accuracy. I know i said this early, but it really does seem like a warrior or archer has at the very least a 50-70% chance of their attack not connecting when they are not buffed with rage or focus. Most attacks are dodged or don't connect. Added to that, around half of the attacks that do connect, when rage/focus isn't up, can be as low as 2-15 damage.

KingFu
05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
To me, DPS isn't too important. Instead of adding DPS can you add it to armor, I realize enchantresses can heal themselves but being left without potions mana is limited, not to mention the fact that enchantresses get killed with only a couple shots!

Thanks Cinco!

Cinco
05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Cinco, can you comment on the accuracy system (which would include dodge, misses and hit) and the effect increasing damage/dps has on a players accuracy. I know i said this early, but it really does seem like a warrior or archer has at the very least a 50-70% chance of their attack not connecting when they are not buffed with rage or focus. Most attacks are dodged or don't connect. Added to that, around half of the attacks that do connect, when rage/focus isn't up, can be as low as 2-15 damage.

No comment right now. But I will look into the figures behind the players dodge and hit chances and see what I come up with. If the players dodge chance can get way too high I might want to add countermeasures to certain abilities.

Also (when considering damage numbers) you need to consider the immense amount of armor all classes can achieve :)

Thanks!

Rannos
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
To me, DPS isn't too important. Instead of adding DPS can you add it to armor, I realize enchantresses can heal themselves but being left without potions mana is limited, not to mention the fact that enchantresses get killed with only a couple shots!

Thanks Cinco!

Read Cinco's post.

... Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Thanks,

- Cinco

I do think Enchantresses should have more diverse capabilities in general, but asking for more armor on cloth doesn't make any sense.

Xanthia
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
What happens when enchantresses use Plate armor? They will be invincible....you need to make it so that a class can only use that classes armor no matter if they have the skill requirements to wear the other or not. It will make your job SO Much easier, and It will make this game so much more fun.

Azrael
05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
No comment right now. But I will look into the figures behind the players dodge and hit chances and see what I come up with. If the players dodge chance can get way too high I might want to add countermeasures to certain abilities.

Also (when considering damage numbers) you need to consider the immense amount of armor all classes can achieve :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the response!
And just to elaborate the chance of missing or having an attack get dodged is very high even without the target having an evasion or iron blood buff.

Edit: it seems that now that damage was increased a bit, the crazy dodge chance is the only thing that makes the fights last more than a few seconds. Reverting to lower damage while making the majority of attacks actually connect seems to be what is necessary.

Thelonearcher
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Wrong me and my freind went 1v1 he was warior I was my archer it lasted 1hour then i killed him then he killed me and it went back and fourth but as for enchantress it's like a elemental sorcerer I think it should have about 500 health they are to weak

ed anger
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Read Cinco's post.

I do think Enchantresses should have more diverse capabilities in general, but asking for more armor on cloth doesn't make any sense.

Evade would make sense though, no?

Tatanka
05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I have played for a very long time diablo 2 and lineage 2.
From my experince I can only say I find pocket legends pvp Greatly balanced, unpredictable and above all fun.

Pocket legends is (already) a Great game.

Ps: people getting killed is not that big of a problem in a game, so don't make such a fuss if u are not getting the hand to it just yet and make your self a favor and stop being so unpleasant in your comments.

Rannos
05-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Evade would make sense though, no?

Why? Because bears and chickens both have it? No. I agree elves in most games are the more 'agile' class, but Pocket Legends has designed an elf that is more of an awkward bobble-head doll than anything graceful. Also, a Mage class rarely has physical damage mitigation skills; magic based buffs and debuffs, yes.

Gwendaline
05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Enchantersses do not even stand a chance.. I'm pretty upset about it. I bought both sets of maps, and I do not even want to play. Not to mention the incredible lag. I cannot even move.

FluffNStuff
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks,

- Cinco

What about a buff to Nightmare? Have the armor reduction be a percentage and increase the Radius with skill level. Weakness is another skill that improving would go a long way to the survivability / party effectiveness of the Enchantress.

Edatx
05-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Enchantress aren't THAT bad, they are the weakest class in PvP and I think that gives the perception that they suck-- which I don't think is true.

I also don't agree that the Enchantress class should be pigeonholed into a healer + buffer + debuffer role as some may suggest. I like the flexibility this game provides to play all of the classes differently depending on stat and skill points. I think the developers are on the right track tuning damage, armor, and skills without fundamentally changing the classes as they are now.

Evanna<3
05-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I've played pvp a couple of days ago and it wasn't That fun for mages. I've noticed alot that Enchantresses are the easiest targets for the warriors and archers. Archers can even 1-hit or 2-hit us.. Doesn't take very long for them to kill us >.> our aoe skills aren't that effective with pvp too. I don't think the debuffs are working very well too.It's annoying coz we obviously don't stand a big chance with pvp . We do have heal and buffs but we lose mana quickly as well. Not to mention that we have the lowest dps among the 3 classes which doesn't give us a chance to hit back with bigger damage. I mean Even if I'm wearing all pink items, still the stats of enchantresses aren't promising compared to the others.
I don't want to say that the other classes are a bit overpowered but enchantresses are, I think the weakest among the three as of the moment. :(( I know it also depends with how u use the char but good Stats matters a lot too.

Hope the casting speed of Mages can be increased a bit and the armor/dps as well.:-/ looking forward for the buffs to be improved too. Mages usually own in other online games.~.~

Sayishere
05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I've played pvp a couple of days ago and it wasn't That fun for mages. I've noticed alot that Enchantresses are the easiest targets for the warriors and archers. Archers can even 1-hit or 2-hit us.. Doesn't take very long for them to kill us >.> our aoe skills aren't that effective with pvp too. I don't think the debuffs are working very well too.It's annoying coz we obviously don't stand a big chance with pvp . We do have heal and buffs but we lose mana quickly as well. Not to mention that we have the lowest dps among the 3 classes which doesn't give us a chance to hit back with bigger damage. I mean Even if I'm wearing all pink items, still the stats of enchantresses aren't promising compared to the others.
I don't want to say that the other classes are a bit overpowered but enchantresses are, I think the weakest among the three as of the moment. :(( I know it also depends with how u use the char but good Stats matters a lot too.

Hope the casting speed of Mages can be increased a bit and the armor/dps as well.:-/ looking forward for the buffs to be improved too. Mages usually own in other online games.~.~

check the new update notes, mages now have a fighting chance, should even up the odds, will see how well this balances things

Evanna<3
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
check the new update notes, mages now have a fighting chance, should even up the odds, will see how well this balances things

Aw that's good. Gonna check it out now. Hope it will work out well for everyone.:/

Mennddoza
03-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Aw that's good. Gonna check it out now. Hope it will work out well for everyone.:/

Yeah! I'll check too!

Afbeast
03-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Haha I remember when this thread was made lol. I had a lvl 20 warrior like the first week of pvp and it killed everything. I also remember that rage gave 60+ dmg and 60+ crit I think. And iron blood gave 60 armor. This was when the skills only went up to 5.

Afbeast
03-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Also birds break armor took away 50 armor. I remember birds could just use focus-break-blast and BOOM dead instantly.

FortalWao
03-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Damn WTF I read 2 pages of comments until I realized it was from 2010 because this still fits perfectly. I was like: "Woah man, Cinco replying? Update tomorrow?! PvP balance?!?! After all they DO spend time on PL*!!1!1!" but then I noticed the date. Oh well...

*I understand you're busy with more populated games and will be bringing new vanities shortly.

Ks_Leon
03-10-2014, 07:12 AM
lol cooommmbbboooo necroooo....

ToastyLord
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Are you talking about lv10-25 PvP? If you are I would disagree. If you're talking about PvP at levels 35+ then I guess I can't say much against that because I know hardly anything about PvP up there.

LEVEL ONE
03-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Are you talking about lv10-25 PvP? If you are I would disagree. If you're talking about PvP at levels 35+ then I guess I can't say much against that because I know hardly anything about PvP up there.

You don't seem to know in which year we live either.

Jyuu1205
03-10-2014, 06:55 PM
I agree, bears are way too op, especially in 30-40 pvp + 50-56 pvp. Besides, if you guys nerfed a weapon that I was actually good at "FB", could you guys consider lowering the damage of plat packs or bear dodge rates? Bear dodge is way too op..

Afbeast
03-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I agree, bears are way too op, especially in 30-40 pvp + 50-56 pvp. Besides, if you guys nerfed a weapon that I was actually good at "FB", could you guys consider lowering the damage of plat packs or bear dodge rates? Bear dodge is way too op..

Jun, look at the date of the first post lol... And it's me Sonoo(tony)

Naetheanimal
03-11-2014, 01:44 PM
How will this affect to low lvls?

largecommand
03-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I have gotten really annoyed about the fact that warriors kill everyone. I hate it how enchantresses and archers don't stand a chance alone against a warrior. I know they deal more damage, have more armor, and have more health, but I am so tired of it being so unbalanced. Not to mention the spawning, you can not go a whole game without spawning next to a fighting enemy and dying almost right away. Please fix these problems!

If he came back and saw pvp at endgame now...im pretty sure we would have a nuclear meltdown by dream.

Rushorgtfo
03-11-2014, 09:27 PM
If he came back and saw pvp at endgame now...im pretty sure we would have a nuclear meltdown by dream.

He's played this cap he knows how it is and yes I miss 35 cap pvp when bird specialized in dodge and crit and damage rather than just crit and damadge ;( oh well my skills are pro enough.

Hardcorexd
03-20-2014, 05:53 AM

L50-56 bear isn't really op... For me L50-56 is most balanced as the crits of the bears is not high so that wouldn't up in a case of "beckon stomp gg".

Hardcorexd
03-20-2014, 05:54 AM
And if bear uses obe they just lack dodge and birds amd mages could easily nuke.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

KingFu
03-30-2014, 01:38 AM
I tried fixing the mistake my 13 year-old-self made by putting "to" instead of "too", but apparently a four year old title can't be changed :(

Kanital
03-30-2014, 07:04 AM
nerf savage

SillyJuan
03-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Yuss