PDA

View Full Version : Will the Elite Orc Maps Bring More of the Same?

DarrenPR
07-04-2015, 02:20 PM
With some of the teasers for the new expansion early on, I was excited for the new expansion. STS had talks of new gear that you can farm for or craft (for players who can't do well in hard maps), new maps, a new jewel drop system to replace the old gem system, and even teased what many thought to be a farmable way to get arcane items, for those players who could not spend their real, hard-earned, money on platinum. Yet with the release of the ren'gol expansion, I find myself highly disappointed in what I'm seeing so far.

The only profitable things from the expansion thus far are some of the higher tiered jewels (finesse, fury, chaos, etc) and locked crates. There is nothing else that people seem to care about at the moment. I see hundreds of people from within my guild and other guilds only running the Kracken Mines 3rd map in hopes of farming a locked crate so that they may profit by maybe 20,000 gold. When asking for a party to run the new Ren'gol maps I get told that there's no point in running them. This does not make for an exciting new season. There's also the gear issue as well. If you are a player looking to upgrade your gear from last season, the only gear that improves your stats significantly enough for you to care about it comes from the locked ren'gol crates. If you want a new bow, the new bows from ren'gol crates are an upgrade over last season's bows. If you want new armor, the locked crates of ren'gol will happily supply you with some new armor that will improve your stats. Want the new, highly desirable mythic belt? Well fortunately for you, you can get this by opening all your locked crates and hoping you get one as a drop, or after opening enough crates of the ren'gol (minimum 2500 platinum spending) you can purchase one from the vendor in Garetta for 500 crate tokens (What a deal, right?!)

My point is: the expansion so far has been nothing more than a locked crate farm-fest with thousands of people spending thousands of dollars of platinum to pop the crates open to get the new gear. For the players who don't want to or can't spend the money on platinum to open these crates, what is there to do? (hint: nothing, except maybe try and farm the crates) So my question to the community, and the makers of the game (if they even read stuff like this) is do you think the release of the elite versions of the orc maps will change anything, or do you think that things will remain an increasingly pay-to-win environment?

Dimitrian
07-04-2015, 03:51 PM
With some of the teasers for the new expansion early on, I was excited for the new expansion. STS had talks of new gear that you can farm for or craft (for players who can't do well in hard maps), new maps, a new jewel drop system to replace the old gem system, and even teased what many thought to be a farmable way to get arcane items, for those players who could not spend their real, hard-earned, money on platinum. Yet with the release of the ren'gol expansion, I find myself highly disappointed in what I'm seeing so far.

The only profitable things from the expansion thus far are some of the higher tiered jewels (finesse, fury, chaos, etc) and locked crates. There is nothing else that people seem to care about at the moment. I see hundreds of people from within my guild and other guilds only running the Kracken Mines 3rd map in hopes of farming a locked crate so that they may profit by maybe 20,000 gold. When asking for a party to run the new Ren'gol maps I get told that there's no point in running them. This does not make for an exciting new season. There's also the gear issue as well. If you are a player looking to upgrade your gear from last season, the only gear that improves your stats significantly enough for you to care about it comes from the locked ren'gol crates. If you want a new bow, the new bows from ren'gol crates are an upgrade over last season's bows. If you want new armor, the locked crates of ren'gol will happily supply you with some new armor that will improve your stats. Want the new, highly desirable mythic belt? Well fortunately for you, you can get this by opening all your locked crates and hoping you get one as a drop, or after opening enough crates of the ren'gol (minimum 2500 platinum spending) you can purchase one from the vendor in Garetta for 500 crate tokens (What a deal, right?!)

My point is: the expansion so far has been nothing more than a locked crate farm-fest with thousands of people spending thousands of dollars of platinum to pop the crates open to get the new gear. For the players who don't want to or can't spend the money on platinum to open these crates, what is there to do? (hint: nothing, except maybe try and farm the crates) So my question to the community, and the makers of the game (if they even read stuff like this) is do you think the release of the elite versions of the orc maps will change anything, or do you think that things will remain an increasingly pay-to-win environment?
I am trying to be as optimistic as i can about this expansion,but i really can't...
I see some bad points and good points about this expansion.
BAD POINTS:
-warriors useless
-no one finds a point on running the new maps (i don't think there are chests that drop)
-still wt4 the main way of getting xp
-nothing done for pvp
-nothing done on the skill sistem
-new mythic items that are available from locked crates and from locked crate tokens (they also drop from chests BUT WHERE ARE THEY)
-the level 41 boost pack
-nothing done to make new players level up without grinding wt4 and buying the boost
-the garetta event (everyone was dissapointed because it took only 2 days;IMO the max supplies should have been 500k or 1 mil in order for everyone to have a chance at the belts and the title)
-the mob density is very small and everyone can skip the brutes
-no new bundles...
-warriors useless and sts doesn't seem to care about it

GOOD POINTS:
-the new locked crates and the arcane prices (if a f2p player farms hard enough he can get the arcanes)
-the new level up sistem (no new elite level,thank gawd!)

I'm sorry but these are the only good points i see.
In conclusion:the sistem in AL is a black hole that keeps expanding and doesn't seem to have a limit.
The funny thing about warriors:at E3 2012 the guy representing sts and presented AL said in a video:my personal choice is the warrior because he is the strongest and gives the most damage.
Wait,what? Warriors having the most damage? Yeah,i'd like to live in that fantasy
If the devs really listen to the community AND MAKE WARRIORS USEFUL(sorry i play as a warrior) they could make this game win another best mobile mmo award.
Back to the expansion,the devs first announced that they were working on an expansion since halloween,and it came 8 months later.I think that they restarted everything for some reason.I think i might know the reason,but i might seem retarted...

Xorrior
07-04-2015, 04:13 PM
While we're at it......

The expansion is just like running up and down narrow corridors, especially the first two maps, definitely the second map.

All-in-all the time it took to make and release the expansion compared to what we got, one is left scratching their head. For me two words come to mind bemused and disillusioned.

Yes unfortunately this post has a very negative feedback, sad to say, but I had to express my thoughts regarding the expansion and its painstakingly slow release.

It reminded me of the matrix trailers compared to the eventual films. The trailers where better than the films.

Caabatric
07-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Sorry but have you forgot that in the elites that are promised to launch their will be new mythic armor helm ring and pendant. (all level 46 not the 43 ones)
IMO I beleive sts spaced this out to not leave out ios players for not beinga able to play on test server... though i must say this is dragging on and on and on....

gatzoo5505
07-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Personally I think this expansion is kinda lame atm. I jist returned to the game and all my time is spent farming km3 for lockeds so I can sell for a chance at arcanes. I believed the Tindrin expansion was far better. Even at the start of the expansion everyone was so engaged at farming those dragon teeth to buy the dragon bar.
I dun feel engaged in the new expansion still grinding at a map thats 2 yrs old..

Secondly, as much as people like the idea of making arcane accessible to everyone., I personally hate it. It feels ljke everyone is now thrown into this one giant melting pot. There's hardly anything that distinguished the top tier players and the average joes.

Lastly, I wanna commend sts to making the exp grind manageable. Hopefully the elite version of the new maps will bring new challenges.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jazzi
07-04-2015, 07:07 PM
I agree with all points in this thread. I am out of thanks, otherwise I would have thanks each and every one of you. I do hope StS reads this. My last hope is the elite content. I can't bear farming anymore locked!

On the warrior part: Sadly as it looks only very skilled and geared warriors will be useful in the elite content and as we all know those are in very very short supply. The average warrior (with legendary gear and not much skill) is getting wiped in the normal new maps and can't contribute to the party's success at all.

KingMartin
07-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Secondly, as much as people like the idea of making arcane accessible to everyone., I personally hate it. It feels ljke everyone is now thrown into this one giant melting pot. There's hardly anything that distinguished the top tier players and the average joes.

While I agree with lots that you say, I disagree here. I am really happy to see many hard-working players buying arcanes now. I am happy for them and also I am happy for our guild because it will make the hard runs, that lay ahead, easier.

I can't get rid of the feeling that for many players the arcane exclusivity was kind of weird status. Sorry, this is gone. Thanks God. Stuff is for using and not for hoarding and market manipulations of the small closed AL economy.

I am not afraid of not distinguishing between top players and average joes at all. I am pretty sure the first pull in Orc mines will sort it out. A ring or arcane pet never changed a newb into a skilled player.

CipiXxArcanexX
07-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Sorry but have you forgot that in the elites that are promised to launch their will be new mythic armor helm ring and pendant. (all level 46 not the 43 ones)
IMO I beleive sts spaced this out to not leave out ios players for not beinga able to play on test server... though i must say this is dragging on and on and on....
Will be mithic gear for lvl 46?. Weapon/armour set/ring/amulet/(and mayne another mith belt 46?).
Where you saw that?.... And it will drop elite on the new maps?

Trimis de pe al meu A6 Quad folosind Tapatalk

Bidiel
07-04-2015, 07:12 PM
ikr good points, also the new expansion is really a " hunt and sell " lockeds so nobody wanna join to elite u.u and for the low lvl is hard cause we canīt go to the kraken mines :/ our last hope was jarl but not anymore so we have to play with items that we got on the travel cause we have no options to get gold :v :(

Oursizes
07-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Sad thing is most of us had high hopes for this expansion. All we got was new locks to farm and sell. If we are playing catch up thw whole time how can we even play the actual game..

Caabatric
07-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Will be mithic gear for lvl 46?. Weapon/armour set/ring/amulet/(and mayne another mith belt 46?).
Where you saw that?.... And it will drop elite on the new maps?

Trimis de pe al meu A6 Quad folosind Tapatalk

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?225145-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Sneak-Peak-Crafted-Gear&highlight=Teaser
They also had a quote saying the their are 2 mythic sets are different but I am not sure where....

DarrenPR
07-04-2015, 10:18 PM

I have not forgotten about this. However, there was some speculation about the level 43 mythic armor being a base ingredient in combination with the crafting ingredients from elite orc maps in order to create the 46 mythic. STS said in their posts that none of the new 46 mythic ingredients would come from locked crates, but seeing how STS treats the game, this sort of thing wouldn't surprise me. Even if it's not, the crafting ingredients will be as rare as the mythic planar pendant recipe was. I know I personally ran planar arena over 1000 times before I got a recipe drop, and I can't imagine what it would be like to farm 12 of them. I'll end up spending far more on ankhs dying in 1 hit to every mob and boss in existence than I will gain back from getting or selling the 46 mythic.

Dalmony
07-06-2015, 10:54 PM
One the one hand it is kind of sad that all of the money to be earned right now is in either locked in km3, vials in arena, and teeth in tindirin... so time spent running in Glintstone just feels like losing potential gold. We have these 3 beautifully designed new maps, and hardly anybody wants to run them more than just the required 3 runs a day to complete both of the daily quests!

On the other hand this will make the expansion more of a steady builder than a flash in the pan... I presume the crate market will eventually balance itself out and at that point people will "start" playing the actual expansion. The old content has become momentarily more interesting to farm, and we still have the new content waiting for us once that all wears off again.

Its an interesting one for sure o.O

Bidiel
07-06-2015, 11:53 PM
im sad to said this but yes, warrior are useless i like the warrior but really is bad idea make a party with them :/ i actually have to delete my warrior and create another account with this rogue and all cause people dont wanna warriors, well if there r a warior with 700dmg of course is welcome but realistically, even in kraken mines 3 warriors can do something, slow and low dmg :/ that why i find many warriors runing alone with a random party :v 2-3 warrior runing in a map waiting for the rest of people dont leave, and that is all the expansion, runing kraken mines :/ and my decision to changue of character :/

Fiasaria
07-06-2015, 11:55 PM
im sad to said this but yes, warrior are useless i like the warrior but really is bad idea make a party with them :/ i actually have to delete my warrior and create another account with this rogue and all cause people dont wanna warriors, well if there r a warior with 700dmg of course is welcome but been realistic, even in kraken mines 3 warriors can do something, slow and low dmg :/ that why i find many warriors runing alone with a random party :v 2-3 warrior runing in a map waiting for the rest of people dont left, and that is all the expansion, runing kraken mines :/ and my decision to changue of character :/

the mother of close enoguh :O / r.r are u looking for ruukiiia ingame ?

Pillowhead
07-07-2015, 01:02 AM
Im not complaining 8D

Oursizes
07-07-2015, 05:07 AM
I agree with all points in this thread. I am out of thanks, otherwise I would have thanks each and every one of you. I do hope StS reads this. My last hope is the elite content. I can't bear farming anymore locked!

On the warrior part: Sadly as it looks only very skilled and geared warriors will be useful in the elite content and as we all know those are in very very short supply. The average warrior (with legendary gear and not much skill) is getting wiped in the normal new maps and can't contribute to the party's success at all.

And the warriors that are maxed out using a build of axe vb rally cry and ss are? Theres plenty of legendary tanks that play better than half the maxed out tanks i bet(thanks auto level and lockeds) but they are not recognized by people. But considering the hp and armor difference the elites will be pretty difficult to hold aggro and spam pots at the same time as even in regular maps mobs have 1hit shots dealing 5k damage... Now imagine the rest of the 4 or whatever attacking at the same time...

Kakashis
07-07-2015, 06:06 AM
So far in the expansion I think it's a stepping stone in all the right directions. Every expansion I've been drooling over all the other players new best items like mythic helms, hooks, maul, mythic armors, mythic/Arcane ring and pets! The price gap between my gold and the items prices have always been a mountain tall and no amount of hard farming could you ever even touch these items at the time. You just lived with elite weapons and gears! Fast forward to this expansion, wow price of Arcane items have tanked and are actually affordable! How does one gain gold to buy? You just look at the whatever maps generate the most gold! It happens to be km3 or arena! I wish the new maps dropped more locked/gold or jewels that we actually want, but I'll save it for elites.

Hopefully we get more than just 3 maps, but the farmable mythic sets are going to be sweet! I'm pretty sure STS is heavily investing in COC, and that's great on them, but why venture out to yet another game that is most likely to become like all the past and new games after AL. The MOBA field is hardly getting started and COC is pretty much going up against a juggernaut of a game that's already out called Vain Glory.

STS should just focus everything they got on AL. It should be more successful because of continual pve and character build in an already well established game! That new crate helm which is a grey colored founders set for the warrior from season 1 just tells me they're pressed for man power. Don't do half ready expansions or else AL can also fade away.

nelson131
07-07-2015, 08:01 AM
I am trying to be as optimistic as i can about this expansion,but i really can't...
I see some bad points and good points about this expansion.
BAD POINTS:
-warriors useless
-no one finds a point on running the new maps (i don't think there are chests that drop)
-still wt4 the main way of getting xp
-nothing done for pvp
-nothing done on the skill sistem
-new mythic items that are available from locked crates and from locked crate tokens (they also drop from chests BUT WHERE ARE THEY)
-the level 41 boost pack
-nothing done to make new players level up without grinding wt4 and buying the boost
-the garetta event (everyone was dissapointed because it took only 2 days;IMO the max supplies should have been 500k or 1 mil in order for everyone to have a chance at the belts and the title)
-the mob density is very small and everyone can skip the brutes
-no new bundles...
-warriors useless and sts doesn't seem to care about it

GOOD POINTS:
-the new locked crates and the arcane prices (if a f2p player farms hard enough he can get the arcanes)
-the new level up sistem (no new elite level,thank gawd!)

I'm sorry but these are the only good points i see.
In conclusion:the sistem in AL is a black hole that keeps expanding and doesn't seem to have a limit.
The funny thing about warriors:at E3 2012 the guy representing sts and presented AL said in a video:my personal choice is the warrior because he is the strongest and gives the most damage.
Wait,what? Warriors having the most damage? Yeah,i'd like to live in that fantasy
If the devs really listen to the community AND MAKE WARRIORS USEFUL(sorry i play as a warrior) they could make this game win another best mobile mmo award.
Back to the expansion,the devs first announced that they were working on an expansion since halloween,and it came 8 months later.I think that they restarted everything for some reason.I think i might know the reason,but i might seem retarted...
in s1, warriors were massively op

KingMartin
07-07-2015, 05:02 PM
We have these 3 beautifully designed new maps, and hardly anybody wants to run them more than just the required 3 runs a day to complete both of the daily quests!

As for me, I totally love running the maps, Cryo in particular. I help guildies to get the daily and when there's nobody that needs the daily I solo just for fun. And sure, reward comes too from time to time. It's called Chaos jewel and I have gotten around 12 so far I think. Plus, the boss sometimes drops some goody too.

twoxc
07-07-2015, 06:19 PM
NOW NOW you all forgetting about Legionnaire Insignia, This essence I believe is very important and will work just like Dragon Tooth. Remember when Tindirin expansion came out it also had no ELITE and everyone rush to farm dragon tooth for recipe to craft Arcane ring for the best of the best ring. So for those that say the 3 new map has nothing to farm, I beg the differ because so far as to what I have read and notice. Legionnaire insignia are quite a rare loot and need lots to craft Legendary Orcslaying Set. IF IF the way things are headed and as sts had mention New level 46 mythic set and ingredients are not from locked what so ever and will be PURELY farmable. Legendary Orcslaying set might possibly be used to upgrade to level 46 mythic set.

So bottom line is farm Legionnaire Insignia and do Daily quest for orc tag other wise you won't be able to get the best of the best mythic set. If my theory is correct xD. Fibus did also mention the Legendary Orcslaying set will NOT be tradable. This will only make more sense that the Orcslaying set will be upgradable cause supposedly lol legendary gears from rengol lock are better then the orcslaying set base on stats. The only different is. Gears from Lock is so much easier to obtain just spend some plat or some gold to buy them. While the Orcslaying set require Daily Quest which you can't rush and of course time to farm Legionnaire essence or purchase them which they won't be cheap and also I suppose those that farm and loot them and wanna sell them can make some gold by doing so.