PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.1.1 Content Update (57643)

asommers
04-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Loosened mute filter a bit...
- Moved some words to the masked filter only (for foreign languages)
- 5 mutes within a 24 hour period now result in a temporary ban instead of 3

Formora
04-23-2011, 09:23 AM
My first first... Yay I can say "Damn" again ;)

Pmilo
04-23-2011, 09:58 AM
I got banned before the update so it looks like I'm still banned for 24 hours for saying damn

karmakali
04-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for being attentive and reasonable. :)
Because frankly Scarlett, if Rhett Butler can not give a damn...then I should be able to do the same ;)
I promise only to use if a fire grate reminds me that I have epic fail timing!

giayuan
04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Lol love you guys ;D Damn good update!

asommers
04-23-2011, 11:48 AM
If you were banned before the update for words removed, send mail to support.

-ALS

azulflame
04-23-2011, 11:48 AM
can u fix "causes explosion" and "crush the keeper"?

asommers
04-23-2011, 11:50 AM
That will not mute you, but unfortunately, for now, it will be masked.

-ALS

skavenger216
04-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you Spacetime Studios for protecting my fragile little eyes :D

But in all seriousness, I turned OFF my chat filter for a reason. I'm still of the belief that in private, password protected games free speech should still be allowed. I understand that you are trying to look out for kids, but isn't that what the chat filter was for? This just seems a bit extreme, I'm literally scared to talk in game now out of fear of accidentally picking up a temp ban.

skavenger216
04-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry for the double post, but, quick question. Does anyone know if the word "***" will get you muted/banned? I ask because I use "badass" all the time. Also, its used in multiple weapon descriptions in-game.

EDIT : really, it gets censored in the forums?!? So its okay to be used, so long as its only by you guys. I don't mean to be rude, this whole situation is just very frustrating.

EDIT, part 2: just tried "badass", no mute. I apologize for my previous statement. I think a list of the words that will get you in trouble would be helpful though.

Pmilo
04-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I Sent support 3 and and got zero response from them.I was banned 24 hours for using the word damn.

davidis57
04-23-2011, 09:00 PM
If you used it once and got muted wouldn't something go off in your brain that word should not be typed. Seriously those who got banned for saying the same word 3-5 times what did you expect? It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Sorry not trying to be harsh but you need to use your head and not violate the TOS.

devs add the spam filter too so people will not spam buy/sell items for hours on end. You think with 25 peeps or less on a town server they would figure out spamming is not productive.

aldoric
04-24-2011, 09:00 PM
thanks cause it was reallly easy to get banned before heep of my freinds got banned they siad nothing wrong lol ty :p

neko
04-25-2011, 01:32 PM
As is with many other features of the game, it's a work in progress.

In my rush, I accidentally typed "back in a sex" when I meant "back in a sec" and got automuted. That's fine, except that it came at a rather inopportune moment while communicating with those in the group and someone else in my friends list. Perhaps a future update can provide two things:

1. Display a mute icon (http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/33834/128/mute_icon) next to your name in the Friends List to let them know of your situation
2. Float a mute icon over your player...or have it wear a dunce cap or something dorky/fun

Thanks

cynic
04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Loosened mute filter a bit...
- Moved some words to the masked filter only (for foreign languages)
- 5 mutes within a 24 hour period now result in a temporary ban instead of 3
haha thats what i was talking about , you guys really listen :)
thnx

lilbyrdie
04-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Perhaps a future update can provide two things:

1. Display a mute icon (http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/33834/128/mute_icon) next to your name in the Friends List to let them know of your situation
2. Float a mute icon over your player...or have it wear a dunce cap or something dorky/fun

Thanks

3. Duct tape cross over the players mouth.
4. Zipper mouth.

neko
04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
3. Duct tape cross over the players mouth.
4. Zipper mouth.

They'd probably have to be pretty visible but I like those ideas!

Diodge
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
If you used it once and got muted wouldn't something go off in your brain that word should not be typed. Seriously those who got banned for saying the same word 3-5 times what did you expect? It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Sorry not trying to be harsh but you need to use your head and not violate the TOS.

I think this everytime I see someone say I got banned because of filter.... I will bet that 1 out of every 100 got banned for the wrong reasons.

I will never understand the people who want to try and find a way around rules. You say yes I will follow your rules. Then get but hurt when you dont follow the rules and they take action.

davidis57
04-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I was a GM quite a few years. Players will find away around chat filters. Like one player typed to me just today "stfu" and "bxtch" same meanings different spellings.

One thing is true there are very few accidents. Another thing is true when they get muted or banned they will lie and say they did nothing wrong. I used to show them a screenshot than they would apologize and start begging not to be banned. Some would even threaten to crash the server. I had some offer money. One guy offered me his sister. It was a tough job and I never compromised my principles.

Devs you can expect players will test the chat filter to find ways around it.

Swimmingstar
04-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Suggestion: for muting when you're muted u should be wearing this hat of something that doesn't let u talk and looks funny and decreases stats

Damagelord
04-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Erm I always say stuff like cocky a as in "I'm not trying to be cocky" and it mutes?? I think you should improve the filter and make sure it works properly p.s. I'm not retrying to be cocky

matamurman
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Can you guys pls make king mynas spawn more pls can clear room over and over again and he won't spawn.

Rodman263
04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
The banning part sure works I was logging in and it spud I've been banned for ever for NOTHING WTF?

naptownblunt
04-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Sounds cool for twinks..wat about mains...

davidis57
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
No one gets banned for nothing. By your language you used here it probably is the reason your banned in game.

Lesrider
04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
No one gets banned for nothing. By your language you used here it probably is the reason your banned in game.

Many people have been running into mishaps with the new auto-mute/ban feature. So don't be so quick to judge.

Kaseystevens
04-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I agre with this.. What's the point of filter if u can't even sayvanything lol

masterx3
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM
What dya meanby instead of 3?