PDA

View Full Version : How to get all mobs on me?

Krausave
04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
So I am a new bear, level 13 or 14 right now. I have played tanks as far back as the EQ days so I understand the need to get all mobs on me and let others kill while I take the beating. One thing I am having trouble with right now though is getting the mobs on me and keeping them on me. Right now seems like the mages love the AoE and like to take the beating themselves...

Guess what I am wondering is what the best/easiest way to target each mob and get a wack in to put me on its list and stay there? I am finding it tough to select individual mobs out on the touch screen.

NeoQueen
04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
beckon attracts them to you, nice to have. Taunt also gets their attention, however you have to keep using it. Mages do like to use all their attacks so if they die, no fault of yours. Just keep using beckon and taunt and be the first on to run into the room.

Kossi
04-23-2011, 06:34 PM
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/mormo.jpg

red
04-23-2011, 08:09 PM
why kossi?

Ellyidol
04-23-2011, 08:29 PM
At 13/14 your best option is to spam Taunt.

Taunt gains initial aggro, and shifts to the next highest damage dealer.

When you get to 24, you'll get Beckon, which will make it much easier to control mobs from attacking your other party members.

Krausave
04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
At 13/14 your best option is to spam Taunt.

That is what I have been doing. Just was not sure if there was any other tricks. Looks like not though, so the AoE spammers have to hold their own if they pull aggro for now:cool:

Raulur
04-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Sometimes a stomp followed by taunt will get their attention if a teammate is having to spam potions. Just try position yourself first so you stomp them into into a wall rather than flying across the map.

Tengotengo
04-24-2011, 12:42 AM
I understand you can get attention if you're a dex bear with a bow. At that low level, I don't remember any sort of useful tricks other than stomp and taunt. I'd dial stomp up a lot as it can be really, really damaging. The best advice is to stay half a room ahead of the party, I guess. Stuff won't really start humming until you get beckon, and looking back now, I would suggest respecing skills and getting beckon and stomp up as high as you can. You can then do what bears do best; lock mobs to the wall. beckon next to a wall, move away and stomp. You'll stomp the enemies into a wall in a nice neat stunned pile for your allies to destroy with aoe.

krullnan
04-27-2011, 11:56 PM
also get weapon with high ddamage which helps keep aggro to you

masterx3
04-28-2011, 02:24 AM
you can use Taunt , it will help you attract mobs

MisokoChoco
04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Generally as a warrior I have always had trouble keeping mobs on me. Typically what I do is I use taunt initially and then beckon the mobs to me, then throw down my debuffs, and stomp them to break them up. If you have stomp and beckon leveled up all the way, you can drag the mobs to you and then the stomp will stun them, allowing your DPS to let loose. Just keep this up with the debuffs and whatnot, no problem.