PDA

View Full Version : Low level playera in high level maps?

Josephjackson
04-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Hello,

I am glad that power leveling is gone. Being a high level player seemed to loose its meaning.. Also, harassment from low level players wanting to be leveled seemed quite extreme. However.. Being a level 55 bird.. I would love to experiment with the other characters, but I am not interested in putting quite the time needed to get these characters to level 55. (my bear is 33 :))

In short, I would like to see an easier way to level up secondary character.. And thanks for minimizing the problems ive had with power leveling.

NeoQueen
04-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Get some cool high level friends from your first character and ask them to help you level. If they're willing then you get a lvl 55 in a level 35 area and you're good to go.

Kossi
04-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Hello,

I am glad that power leveling is gone.

.................................................. ............

In short, I would like to see an easier way to level up secondary character.. And thanks for minimizing the problems ive had with power leveling.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/DoubleFacepalm.png

NeoQueen
04-23-2011, 06:43 PM

You know, I was trying to just be helpful, but that works too.

Ayrilana
04-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Hello,

I am glad that power leveling is gone. Being a high level player seemed to loose its meaning.. Also, harassment from low level players wanting to be leveled seemed quite extreme. However.. Being a level 55 bird.. I would love to experiment with the other characters, but I am not interested in putting quite the time needed to get these characters to level 55. (my bear is 33 :))

You contradicted yourself.

Kossi
04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
sorry:/

ill make it up to you

look at this pair of fluffy rabbits

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/01238d85.jpg

Josephjackson
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I realized I sort of contradicted myself.. But I really didnt.. I think primary accounts should be earned more so than secondary ones.

I also dont really like asking people to level me up lol.. Tho they have helped

Kossi
04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I realized I sort of contradicted myself.. But I really didnt.. I think primary accounts should be earned more so than secondary ones.

I also dont really like asking people to level me up lol.. Tho they have helped

why why u gotta go suffer through the maps with the newbies again lol ;)

Ayrilana
04-23-2011, 06:54 PM
So then we'll have a bunch of people who don't know how to play their characters but it'll be okay because they got their first character to 55

Josephjackson
04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
In the journey with my bird.. I feel I could effectively opperate the other characters.. Like I said.. Dismissing power leveling of primary accounts would create an environment where people would probably aquire more talent.. As they earned their levels. Ive partly tanked with my bird.. I called it my bear bird.. Ive exploited my range to defeat bosses where I seen others fail.... Once.. Five of us could not beat the roach.. Two players left.. As I became the voice of direction in this battle.. The three of us defeated the roach after the five of us failed numerous times. I earned my bird honestly and understand the other characters properly. But I sure would enjoy tinkering with the other characters at the highest levels.. Basically so I can get a better understanding of pvp and even in pve.... I think we partly see eye to eye here.. We both seem to point out an interest of not having high level untalented players.. But I am shocked that the wording of my posts have received so much ridicule.

Hahaha.. Riducle me some more.. Point out how I contradicted myself here.. Better yet... Why not be polite in your comments.. Good luck with that.

Because look.. I said I properly understand the characters.. Yet I allude to needing growth with them.. U should pick up on that.

Formora
04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I think what he means is that he's happy powerleveling is gone for newbies. However it is a pain to level up another character for the players who have already leveled their first legit.

davidis57
04-23-2011, 09:08 PM
If you can get high lvl friends to help more power to you. High lvls who are not your friends most likely wont help. Its a journey enjoy it whether its your first char or your 5th.

Josephjackson
04-26-2011, 03:35 AM
So.. Im a beast with my bear.. And seem to be with my mage.. Just thought id out it there... One honest lvl 55 does in fact teach the bulk of the game to some people.

azulflame
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM

That does not quite cut it.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x417/my_PL_photobucket_account/14906.jpg

Tamino
04-26-2011, 09:05 AM
If you never played the new character's type, I suggest you to do the hard way. I grew up my bear to 45 in ten days without elixirs (two dedicated to read Amazon status bullettins), and I can confirm learning to play a new type needs time and effort. Anyway, the experience you accumulated allow you to optimize your time (buy better weapons, quickly dispatch quests, choose the right teams and dungeons). Have fun!

Duke
04-26-2011, 09:12 AM
The problem is that it doesn't matter if the top-end level of the map is 3 levels higher than you or 30 levels higher than you, you get the same XP per kill. There's no reason to have to jump into high-level maps for power leveling, all you have to do is make sure you jump to the next campaign level as soon as your current level is 2 or less below the current area's maximum (which, "coincidentally", is now the new minimum character level for the next area).

So unless you're simply trying to leech off of farming groups, you'll do just fine playing the game as it is currently designed, presuming you jump to campaigns as soon as you can. An experienced player should have no problems playing through the campaigns at intended level minus 2.

So, just pick a good farming location in each campaign, and grind away!

Duped
04-26-2011, 09:36 AM
They are correct. I have three characters over 50. The nuance of each class is specific, and being familiar with one type of character (while giving you a jump start) is not teaching you all you need for the others. I really pays to earn your way up. Once you hit level 38? you can start running PP with your friends and then jump to CtK if you like at 43, with your friends.

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
You can power level any time the threat level is red. There was never a higher threat level than red. Red is merely two levels higher than your current level. Since you can play within two levels, it should always be possible to find red threats. Red threat gives you 2 XP per kill.

You can buy XP elxirs with plat. If you really wish to gain 6 XP for each kill, you have to be willing to spend plat.

A level 33 character can join any map of Alien Oasis I, and all these maps are red threat for him.

Furthermore, the drop rate of pinks is so low in Alien Oasis that I can almost guarantee that you do not have very many pinks from level 36 to 41. You may have none at all. So why don't you just relax and play in Alien Oasis until level 43 and hope for these very rare pinks. Check out Yanis' pinks thread. What you can sell for the most is anything a dual twink can use for boosting: Osiris for STR, Isis for INT, Horus for DEX. The dual twinks like these because they can add 8 points per item (at level 40) and they can replace those 32 points with 3 11 point items at level 50.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8387-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Alien-Oasis-Part-I-amp-Part-II

That's my best suggestion. Think of it like re-reading a great story.

I have around 15 characters and they all leveled normally.

Josephjackson
04-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Woah... Im impressed.... Nice posts.. Started to think this was a place to be rude to eachother... Haha.. Thanks. Btw.. I realized the dot thing but thanks for clarifying it better !!

Fyrce
04-27-2011, 12:42 PM
I find leveling to be very quick by joining nearly full games (the 4 player games in Join Games) in the appropriate level maps. Since you get an xp bonus in a full group (which I did not know when I started. I just knew leveling was really fast), joining nearly full groups gives you max xp quickly.

Obviously, if the group is a fail (easy to tell after a couple fights) and you are unable to help the group perform better, then you'll need to use Join Games again.

Recently I acquired a few levels for a lowish character I'm taking to L29 in LE using this method. While the groups were not premium groups (not huge number of combos), they were not bad. Actually the GCD seems to have slowed down deaths A LOT. I could have sworn LE used to be more difficult. Anyways, leveling is as fast as always. I generally do not use xp elixirs, but obviously, if you do, leveling is even faster.

I never understood why people went directly to the end game to level, when all their low level character got at the end game dungeons was players who did not want them, dungeons the low level could not help with, lots of deaths, no items they could use, and no friends to add. Seemed to me like a waste of time to level that way. I'd much rather level just as quickly in areas and groups where I can contribute, with people who welcomed me into the group and want to be my friends, and in areas with drops I could use. But hey, that's just how I like to play the game.

Josephjackson
04-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Nice post... I just like hidden passage and keeper for leveling.