PDA

View Full Version : New Emotes

im4broke
04-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Since the new emote paks came out, I got to thinking...well some like them and some don't...so what if we had options for these? Where would that choice be: of course under the "Options" menu!

You would be able to choose what emotes you want displayed in your main screen and possibly the ones you would like to ignore can be ignored universly. Eventually it may be that we have no more room on the screen to display them all so this has to be a logical direction.

And then I thought up some of my own emotes:

1. Play Dead (obviously you fall over and emit the dying sound some of us are hearing frequently lately)
2. Stick-em-up (this one is tricky...you run up to some one and hit the button, your hand shoots out in the "stick-em-up" fashion and whoever is closest to you would cause their hands to fly up in the "hands-up" manner. Or they hit "Play Dead"!)
3. Time Out (another give-me...ever wish you could stop all conversations? well this would cause a temporary mute to your party in a dungeon except yourself, and you would get one short comment in)
4. The Beserker (for a brief two seconds you can run as if on exlixer screaming at the top of your lungs)
5. Marshmallow Roast (ever once in a while I see a good fire in the maps and wish I could do this)
6. Firemans Carry (one of your friends lays dead and the enemy is coming...you carry the dead body for two seconds towards safety. I say this because many a time I have been revived only to fall dead before hitting any buttons because the enemy was still locked on my dead body for some reason...it seemed)

Next are some character specific emotes:

Warrior class
1. Sharpen Sword (hopefully no need to explain)
2. Throw Weapon (this one has a follow up...left up to chance on hitting anything and the damage done)
3. Retrieve Weapon (only works if #2 happened...and lets hope you can get around one pissed off boss without your sword or axe)

Mage class
1. Read Spell Book (how would your friends feel if you needed to consult this before a revive? And she says, "I can't seem to find "Rev Pls", are you sure you spelled that right?)
2. Cast a Changling Spell (I like this one a lot...last for two seconds and whatever town you are in you can change someone on your friends list to the biggest boss of that town's dungeons, and stays changed as long as that friend is in town...imagine all the Meatheads running around in FH town with new folks.)

Ranger class
1. Restring Bow (imagine in the middle of a fight and you see the ranger doing this...and a comment added to the restringing: "Last string, hope it last!")
2. Fly (for two seconds you flap your wings and fly head high over everyone.)

Lastly, one item that should be added to the store: a Suicide Bomb. This idea comes from one of the goblin dungeons, almost all weapons are universally shared but this one. I propose that a Suicide Bomb can be purchased like exlixers with one added condition: only one player in the group can use a bomb per map. It can be stored just like any other weapon and equiped with a ten second fuse! So nobody would want to stand next to you when you have this in your hands...notice "hands"? That's right, whatever you had in your hands before equiping the bomb is now un-equiped and must be re-equiped. Also, alas, you stay dead for 30 seconds...you did commit suicide right? Be it for a good cause or a miss, your party suffers also without a full crew. As for damage that would depend on the target. A mob may suffer the new "Mega Combo", (love seeing those btw). A boss may be severly damaged but still in fighting shape.

Well, that's my take on some game stuff. I will respond to this thread EST Easter Day...sometime during that day when I force myself to put down PL!

NEVER!!!!

UEFREFEN
04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi im4broke,

These sound like great ideas. I really like the "restringing bow" idea! Hopefully the devs will take note.

red
04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
*suggestion category* but i think some of these would be cool, only problem is that they would have to delete others because of the screen space it would take to put these up

UEFREFEN
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
*suggestion category* but i think some of these would be cool, only problem is that they would have o delete others because of the screen space it would take to put these up

You make a good point. Perhaps if an emote stash was implemented, similar to the cash stash? Players could choose what emotes they want to have on their screen.

Lesrider
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I would sooooo love to ignore the fart/puke emotes.

nightshade
04-23-2011, 11:15 PM
*plays dead* rev! REV!!!!!!