PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 50 Build options?

Gizzzmo
04-24-2011, 08:45 AM
hey there guys, what build options should i consider at lvl 50? at the moment i am 1 str,82 dex, 172 int for dmg, crit and hit percentage, i only PVE.

Although im getting to the AOE 3 quests and struggling soloing.

Anyone got any advice?

Regards,

BlazeMystic
04-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi! It depends on what style of play you like. Since you say you only PVE, soloing with a mage at high end levels is near impossible especially if you are a pure int mage. You need a group really.

If you are keen to play the role of a more traditional mage, then go for full int, but expect to die significantly more frequently if you are not careful. It's a hard build to play but you will be able to deliver maximum damage via the use of your skills. If it's survivability you are mainly after, then go for a paladin build try something like str 139/ int 139. A hybrid build gives you improved survivability over an full int mage, but lacks maximum damage of a pure int build, try something like int 173 and str 105. You could try a dex mage build, either full dex or dex 173 and int 106 and I think these have become popular in pvp (these are all based upon Level 55 builds). Then there is a dual class build and for more info check out Ellyidol's guides as it's quite complicated to explain. lol.

For an excellent guide written by Pharcyde: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14916-Enchantress-Class-Head-Quarters

Ellyidol's guides:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19405-Dual-Spec-Guide-(55).

I've tried out all of the above builds and to be honest I haven't really found a happy medium with any of the builds and so I've decided to go full int as it's the style of play I most prefer, but it does have some serious limitations. Hope that was kind of helpful. Good luck! ;)

kamikazees
04-25-2011, 10:56 AM
I've tried out all of the above builds and to be honest I haven't really found a happy medium with any of the builds and so I've decided to go full int as it's the style of play I most prefer, but it does have some serious limitations.
Same here. Blaze gives good advice. I you are wanting to solo, you probably need to be a paladin until you can learn to handle yourself. Think about this. In AO3, mages absolutely dominate at Crush the Keeper, which is where you can level until 52 or 53. Then you will have to go to Balefort Sewers. That area is unlike any other.

I am now a level 54 full int mage, and I am just now getting to where I can run Balefort Sewers consistently without dying (in a group). Seriously, I had over 20k kills going into this area and only about 250 deaths. Now I have 500 deaths, but they are finally stopping. The timing and positioning of spells is key. You need to learn when to use magic shield, blessing of vitality and weakness (and usually not all together) to stay alive. Great risk, but great rewards too being pure int.

azulflame
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
a) dang it blaze, nothing for me to add!

b) how did you get to 50 with 250 deaths? i have 1200 deaths and I am 45

BlazeMystic
04-26-2011, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=azulflame;278903]a) dang it blaze, nothing for me to add!

Lol. I'm surprised myself that I wrote something that wasn't complete garbage. ;) What I have to say below may rectify this...

Also just to add from Gizzzmo's original stats - included 82 dex - while this stat is useful for birds as it increases hit percentage and among other things, this isn't terribly useful for an int mage at this level as high end pinks available can offer you excellent hit percentage and crits. Therefore for this build it is better to go full int.

kamikazees
04-26-2011, 04:04 PM
b) how did you get to 50 with 250 deaths? i have 1200 deaths and I am 45

I would like to say mad skillz, but it's probably more of a combination of randomly good PUGs and spamming heal? Also, I don't know how good 20k kills is at lvl 50 for a Mage. Maybe I play too cautiously?

Before BS, though, I was averaging about 100 kills per death, which I thought was pretty good. Now... not so much. Hopefully someday I can get back there. With 500 deaths now, though, I will have to get 50k kills without ever dying again. Ya right.