PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] - The Ren'gol Bestiary

Jirikjurasek
07-06-2015, 02:23 PM

With new expansion comes new system, which StS implement even before, but not with huge impact - Mobs with skills

In seasons before, there were only few mobs with skills (frost giants and spiders in Nordr; wolfs, mages and giants in shuyal and planar tombs; shamans and green orcs in tindrin) and to be honest, most common runs tactics count with parking/avoid these "strong mobs with skill which can kill us".

This new system is based on theory: "All mobs have some skills"

For succesfull and profitable runs we have to know our enemy, hope this article will help.

There are screenshots with my character and mob because of comparison of enemy size and for real look of enemy in zones.

MOBS

Grunt and Armored Grunt
Grunt and Armored Grunt can hit harder via red zone.
Can be stunned/freezed by skills like Fireball/Ice Bolt

Crossbowman
Crossbowman has two skills: short red zone which get you dmg and push you a bit. Second is bomb , explosion will stun you for 2,5s.

Shaman
Shaman can heal others. Difference from previous version (located in Tindrin areas) is, that his heal is instant and shaman canīt heal himself.
Cast heal every 3s.
Shaman has normal ranged attack (small blue ball) which has about 20% chance to stun for 2s.
Purple circle casted by Shaman is cleansing things like snare effects, debuffs, dots, and the like.
Canīt be stunned/freezed by skills like Fireball/Ice Bolt

Heavy Armored Grunt
Heavy Armored Grund has two skills: Red zone (shown on image) which get dmg and stun; second skill is similar to warriors Axe Throw which pulls you close to the H.A.Grunt (this skill has long ra nge, so running through group of Heavy Armored Grunt is quite dangerous).
Also casts an armor buff that affects all mobs in its area of effect, making the entire mob group harder to kill. Shield buff disappear when Heavy Armored Grunt is killed. Shield decreased dmg taken by 40%.

Black Wolf
Black Wolf has very low HP and apply dmg reduction debuff on you.

Green Boar
Green Pigs will push you and stun. They have very low HP as well as Black Wolves.

Ogre Brute
Ogre Brute is that big guy with even bigger wooden hammer and with insane amount of HP. His speciality is to become stronger when you kill some other mob in his range.
And its not all. His skills are: Long red zone attack with strong dmg and stun for 6s. Immediately after Long red zone there will be Falling stones attack around him (3 stones at the same time) which makes massive dmg and stun for 2s.
If you avoid Long red zone via run behind him, be careful on Falling stones.

BOSSES

Shaman Pakuna

Normal attack: Ranged (small green orb)
Skills:

Magma pools
predict via circle red zone. Magma pool get damage, reduce armor and damage by 10% (reduce armor doesnīt work, only icon is shown), last 20s

Invulnerability
Shaman Pakuna cast invulnerability on herself (pink fog under the boss), last 8s

Shadow Explosion
Damage spell

Strength
Increase shamanīs damage by 25% (red fog under the boss)

Wolf
summon wolf

Green fog
I have no idea what this skill does (green fog under the boss)

Thumper

Normal attack: Melee with chance to bleed
Skills:

Wide Circle Red Zone
get damage and reduce your damage (damage reduction doesnt work, only icon is shown)

Straight red zone
get damage and push you back

Short Conic Red Zone
massive damage and damage reduction (damage reduction doesnt work, only icon is shown)

Falling Stones
get damage and stun for 1s

Slow Pools
slow down your movement

You can see there are lots of mobs who can stun you (and all stun are area of effect!). Combination of pulls and stuns could be deadly even for high geared team. We will see in elites.

In clearly theoretical level, ideal combination of party should be:
Rogues - fast killing Shamans and Ogre Brutes
Mages - for crowd control
Warrior - for taunting and aiming red zones to proper directions and areas to secure that rogues and mages will not be pulled and stuned

For more Glintstone contest info see my blog (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?104492-Jirikjurasek)

Thanks for Elite Runners guild and Safiras for support and informations.

Link to Avikk Precise and concise guide to Rage of Ren'gol (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?246276-Precise-and-concise-guide-to-Rage-of-Ren-gol&p=2210671#post2210671)

Otahaanak
07-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Great guide! Saw it in your guild thread, glad you moved it here for all to see

Ssneakykills
07-06-2015, 03:02 PM
I'll thank you when I can

Jazzi
07-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Great guide indeed!

Caabatric
07-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Really going to help when elites comes out....
TY

Seoratrek
07-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Awesome + moved to guides. :)

Nruhtas
07-07-2015, 03:25 AM
Helps a lot! thank you! :)

Starkinea
07-07-2015, 05:07 AM
This is an awesome guide! Thanks a lot!! :vD:

Jirikjurasek
07-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Shaman, ogre and Heavy armoured grunt besides these three all of the others are new to me.

The information about the various mobs are very helpful.

Now one knows which of these a party has to kill first, was working on this to add to my own guide, mind if I use link?

TY for guide.

Feel free to link, quote or copy whatever from this thread.

If you refer this to your own guide I will be very pleased when you send link to me and I will add it to main post (with your agreement). It will be easier to skip between guides for geting more info :-)

Xorrior
07-07-2015, 03:00 PM
I noticed the brute has a longer leash than the rest of the mobs. So when I go solo for the dailies I pull this sucka while the rest reset and then attack him with a bazillion arrows to the knee, damn that HP. One thing for sure that archer/bomber is going to be a bane in my life in elites. The detonation has a large AoE and has wiped me out countless of times!

Wazakesy
07-08-2015, 01:21 AM
Shaman, ogre and Heavy armoured grunt besides these three all of the others are new to me. The information about the various mobs are very helpful.Now one knows which of these a party has to kill first, was working on this to add to my own guide, mind if I use link?TY for guide.It all depends on which party group your fighting, if youre in a group that has a shaman, kill the shaman first, if youre fighting a group with the Armor buff-chief, aim for him first. If youre in the group of a shaman and the armor buff chief, aim for the shaman as usual. Remember the first priority is the healer, since they are the game changers, consider knocking them down. Their heal is recognized by the purple ranged attack, the heal is followed shortly, usually they stun you, then they heal.

@Jirikjurasek, do you mind if i give you some extra info on your guide? I have noticed movements of mobs that trigger their moves. Like the crossbowman does a swing which indicates his bomb attack

Jirikjurasek
07-08-2015, 02:32 AM
@Jirikjurasek, do you mind if i give you some extra info on your guide? I have noticed movements of mobs that trigger their moves. Like the crossbowman does a swing which indicates his bomb attack

All detailed info is welcome!

Info about movement will be very usefull for tablets/PC users. People like me who play on phone with 4,7" display are glad to see red zones in big group of mobs at least

Wazakesy
07-08-2015, 02:43 AM
All detailed info is welcome!

Info about movement will be very usefull for tablets/PC users. People like me who play on phone with 4,7" display are glad to see red zones in big group of mobs at least

Indication of crossbowman bomb move (no redzone)
Stun duration - about 3s

shaman heal indication (no redzone)

Jirikjurasek
07-08-2015, 05:11 AM
Indication of crossbowman bomb move (no redzone)

Stun duration - about 3s

shaman heal indication (no redzone)

Crossbowman move as shown on picture in the same time as he throw bomb (he has 2 moves, throw bomb by left hand and throw by right hand). If you see throw movement and than flying bomb, its due to lag.
Purple circle around shaman is some spell which I still dont know what exactly it does. Its not armor buff nor dmg buff. Shaman cast heal every 3s.

I update notes for Heavy Armored Grunt (shield detail - decrease dmg taken by 40%) and Shaman (cast heal every 3s and normal ranged attack has chance to stun)

Wazakesy
07-08-2015, 05:15 AM
Crossbowman move as shown on picture in the same time as he throw bomb (he has 2 moves, throw bomb by left hand and throw by right hand). If you see throw movement and than flying bomb, its due to lag.
Purple circle around shaman is some spell which I still dont know what exactly it does. Its not armor buff nor dmg buff. Shaman cast heal every 3s.

I update notes for Heavy Armored Grunt (shield detail) and Shaman (cast heal every 3s and normal ranged attack has chance to stun)

purple one is what i cant figure out either, Ive been trying to see what buffs and debuffs does the purple curcle do, purple circle then the heal is casted

Wazakesy
07-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Pfft already said the exact same thing on MY guide! hehe.

Seems like its a race to find out what each monster does before it uses a certain skill/power. Let the games begin!

I've still not managed to find out what the mobs do before a skill before the big ugly ogre, smalls screen big glasses issues :/

Your missing alot of things BOI.

Jirikjurasek
07-08-2015, 01:47 PM
EDIT: crossbowman seems to have a bit that says "armoured grunt can hit harder via red zone". does this mean a crossbowman's red zone causes armoured grunts to hit harder than usual?

It was only typo...thank you for notification :-)

Carapace
07-08-2015, 04:10 PM
It's not entirely clear what the Shaman is doing through player direction, however she is cleansing things like snare effects, debuffs, dots, and the like. This information will be a bit more relevant likely in Elite content, however seeing as it's hard to discern this information by watching the interactions I decided to chime in and let you know :)

Great guide by the way, watch out for those falling rocks!

Coalhouse
07-08-2015, 05:10 PM
The green orcs in Tindrin are probably minature trolls, presumably affected by insular dwarfism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insular_dwarfism

Excellent guide, well done.

Jirikjurasek
07-09-2015, 07:21 AM
Added Shaman Pakuna skills

Is possible to make a spoiler including image? I wish I can add picture of every skill via spoiler for make main thread clear

Madnex
07-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Is possible to make a spoiler including image? I wish I can add picture of every skill via spoiler for make main thread clear

http://grub.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/waffles/chocolate_chip_waffles-4.jpg

Image tags inside spoiler tags:

Also, the armor debuff icon you see on Shaman's lava pool and the damage debuff one Thumper's attacks are actually just burning DoT and bleed. They don't have their own icons hence the confusion.

And some extra info:
-If you succeed in killing the large Ogre Brute before taking out the smaller surrounding orcs, that will cause them to run around terrified for 2-3 seconds.
-Thumper can be momentarily stunned if you lead his straight red zone in one of the four mining piles around the room.

Wazakesy
07-09-2015, 11:28 AM
http://grub.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/waffles/chocolate_chip_waffles-4.jpg

Image tags inside spoiler tags:

Also, the armor debuff icon you see on Shaman's lava pool and the damage debuff one Thumper's attacks are actually just burning DoT and bleed. They don't have their own icons hence the confusion.

And some extra info:
-If you succeed in killing the large Ogre Brute before taking out the smaller surrounding orcs, that will cause them to run around terrified for 2-3 seconds.
-Thumper can be momentarily stunned if you lead his straight red zone in one of the four mining piles around the room.

Shaman pakunas 20% damage debuff works, just so you guys know. Add that as well Sir Maddy! :D

Jirikjurasek
07-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Shaman pakunas 20% damage debuff works, just so you guys know. Add that as well Sir Maddy! :D

Its 10% and its already wrote in main post

Madnex
07-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Its 10% and its already wrote in main post

10% + your pet damage % is the overall debuff with the way things are atm.

Wazakesy
07-09-2015, 11:27 PM
Regarding waza's spiteful comment:

Die nub die, its a concise guide for what to do... nuuu hate plox!

One shall fall, One shall stand! muahahaha :D

Jirikjurasek
07-20-2015, 04:56 AM
Added stun/freeze immunity

Starbay
07-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks for posting