View Full Version : Questions about the orcslaying/nomerite legendary set

Jazzi
07-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Hello,

I have several questions about the crafting quest for the legendary orcslaying set. A developer comment will be highle appreciated. Thank u in advance! So here it goes:

1. Are the 4 pieces of the set stashable and/or tradeable?
2. Is there any set bonus for acquiring/using all 4 pieces at once? If so what are the bonuses for each class?
3. How come according to the stats released in this thread:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?243365-The-Ren-gol-Have-Arrived-The-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Expansion-is-LIVE! only the mage set has a damage modifier on all four pieces, while the rogue's and the warrior's sets only have a damage modifier on 2 pieces each? What is the logic behind that and is this final/correct?

I think it is important to know all of that, because before embarking on the quest to gather all the required ingredients (depending on how many ingot each piece requires it is about a month for the dailies only), we do need to know what we are exactly getting for our time. Further in their current state 2 of 4 pieces are 100% gonna be liquidated/sold immediately for both the rogue and the warrior classes, as they are neither useful, nor are they better than easily accessible crate gear.

I for one don't want to spend time/resources just to end up with something that is not useful at all.

Thanks again for a much needed reply!

Wazakesy
07-07-2015, 11:42 AM
u get 13-14 ingots in about less than 12hrs. So about 2 or 3 days to get one ingot. And....about less than 1.5 weeks to make a nomerite helm i think?

Jazzi
07-07-2015, 11:46 AM
u get 13-14 ingots in about less than 12hrs. So about 2 or 3 days to get one ingot. And....about less than 1.5 weeks to make a nomerite helm i think?

Maybe u mean 13-14 tags? The helm, if u would check the original thread, is only the first part of the quest. Anyhow now that the second daily is working u need 11 days for the helm only. Farming the 30 insignias aside. And then u have 3 more pieces, which require a unknown number of ingots .

Sanctified
07-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Where can we farm this materials to craft this helm?

rkp71
07-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Where can we farm this materials to craft this helm?

Do garetta dailies to get orc tags to buy from merchant in town. Farm orc bosses for insignias as well.

Fibus
07-07-2015, 02:32 PM
1. Stashable, yes. Tradeable, no.
2. This set does not have a set bonus.
3. Each class benefits from stats in different ways, so giving everyone the same stats isn't always the best call. It's a balancing act between what classes want and what we are comfortable giving them. There are no plans to change these stats currently.

Jazzi
07-07-2015, 03:25 PM
3. Each class benefits from stats in different ways, so giving everyone the same stats isn't always the best call. It's a balancing act between what classes want and what we are comfortable giving them. There are no plans to change these stats currently.

Thanks a lot for the swift reply. While I fully support class balance and certainly understand the general idea, I don't quite understand how it is motivating to spend time and resources to craft something that is less useful then the readily accessible crate gear. I guess it is what it is.

However in my opinion it is a mistake to "make" us go through the effort for somethig, which gives us 0 advantage. I certainly hope that the craft able myth set does not follow the same logic. Thanks again for the reply and for the consideration.

twoxc
07-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Will the Orcslaying legendary set be used and continue to upgrade to mythic level 46 set? xD hehe.

deathwraithx
07-07-2015, 03:53 PM

The armor on these is less than crate legendaries.. They're supposed to be a stepping stone for players not rich enough to buy imbued or new lvl43 myths, while crate pinks get the better of them and are much easier to obtain. What's the point of farmable gear if its barely any better than your current one and despite taking a long time to farm is worse than crate pinks?

Not very fair imho.

twoxc
07-07-2015, 04:19 PM
The armor on these is less than crate legendaries.. They're supposed to be a stepping stone for players not rich enough to buy imbued or new lvl43 myths, while crate pinks get the better of them and are much easier to obtain. What's the point of farmable gear if its barely any better than your current one and despite taking a long time to farm is worse than crate pinks?

Not very fair imho.

that is why I ask the most important question. These orcslaying legendary could also be a chained and require mythic ingredient with glintstone to make them level 46 mythic set. ^^

Edward Coug
07-07-2015, 04:24 PM
The orcslayer set is a boon for new players without gold. For everyone else, it's not worth the time (besides collectors, I guess). Just wait for the mythics.

I don't have a problem with it. It's just a daily quest. If the mythic set is also farmed from daily quests, I'll be more than annoyed because it will limit how fast I can get it.

Jazzi
07-07-2015, 05:52 PM
The orcslayer set is a boon for new players without gold. For everyone else, it's not worth the time (besides collectors, I guess). Just wait for the mythics.

I don't have a problem with it. It's just a daily quest. If the mythic set is also farmed from daily quests, I'll be more than annoyed because it will limit how fast I can get it.

The problem is that the new maps are so hard, that new players without gold can't farm them for the dailies and the insignias anyway. It is a catch 22

Trojan2100
07-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Thx Sts for quick reply , my only question is Orc ingot - 30 tags are tradable?

Wazakesy
07-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Thx Sts for quick reply , my only question is Orc ingot - 30 tags are tradable?

tokens were never tradeable, or were they tradeable at some point? I dont remember that.

To answer your question, They are not tradeable.

Trojan2100
07-08-2015, 12:53 AM
tokens were never tradeable, or were they tradeable at some point? I dont remember that.

To answer your question, They are not tradeable.

Thank you for clearing that up , to make it more clear I was asking Orc ingot was tradeable not the orc tag

frans3q
08-18-2015, 07:11 AM
is it worth the time??? should I craft this legendary set or trade my token for golden chest?

Bigboyblue
08-18-2015, 07:24 AM
is it worth the time??? should I craft this legendary set or trade my token for golden chest?

If you want the new mythics you have to craft the orcslayer gear. So to answer your question they aren't worth it but you have to do it anyway.

Otahaanak
08-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Yes. You need to complete the Orcslayer questline in order to receive the mythic questline.
If you have no interest in crafting the new 46 mythics, then no you do not need it. Buy orc chests with your tags, and sell your legionnaire insignias for a nice profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frans3q
08-18-2015, 11:56 PM
If you want the new mythics you have to craft the orcslayer gear. So to answer your question they aren't worth it but you have to do it anyway.

Yes. You need to complete the Orcslayer questline in order to receive the mythic questline.
If you have no interest in crafting the new 46 mythics, then no you do not need it. Buy orc chests with your tags, and sell your legionnaire insignias for a nice profit.

any info about the mythic gears? stats, name, recipe, etc?

btw i calculate the orcslaying cost. the helmet cost 1mil, (if you buy golden chest with token and sell the insignia you can get 1mil instead a helmet). and the orc helmet isnt better than supreme hat that cost 150k-ish

Otahaanak
08-19-2015, 12:51 AM
True, orc set isn't useful, unless you can't afford better.

The new mythic are explained I think as a sticky in the Announcement section.

But, if you want to pursue 46 mythics, you have to complete the Orc questline, Fibus explains it in his post.