PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the new elixer update

grenadiers
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Hey im just wondering if im the only one that thinks having to buy elixers with platinum and not being able to buy it with gold anymore is really (in nice words) dumb?
Please leave your thoughts about this below.

Otukura
04-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Been stated a few time, and I'm inclined to agree. I believe als said that they were thinking about putting some of them back for gold, but not all.

grenadiers
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
well thats good to know, i hope its the power levelers liquid lol.
and at the least they should lower the price a bit. 10 platinum for 3x xp for 5 minutes (waters of wisdom) is insanely high.
not to judge but to me these past few updates seem to show they are getting a little money hungry.
please tell me other wise if you disagree.

Moogerfooger
04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
well thats good to know, i hope its the power levelers liquid lol.
and at the least they should lower the price a bit. 10 platinum for 3x xp for 5 minutes (waters of wisdom) is insanely high.
not to judge but to me these past few updates seem to show they are getting a little money hungry.
please tell me other wise if you disagree.

That might be because they are hiring a lot of new people and launching another game...they do not keep STS open by giving everything away for free when their business expenses are going up. They are trying to balance keeping our costs as players pretty low, and paying for a growing business.

All these upgrades/suggestions/updates/campaigns all of us always want? Yeah, they cost MONEY to develop. I don't like plat for elixirs either, but there have been MANY threads and posts on it already, and Asommers has said more than once they are looking at bringing some of them back - maybe - for gold in 1.7.2.

If having to quit using elixirs is the price to pay for keeping a kick-a** game relatively low-cost to play overall....cool. Even with things being a little more expensive now, it is still cheaper than other popular MMOs out there. Go play Haypi Kingdom or any Storm8 game where it costs 10 times what it does on PL to be competitve at high/top level, and you will be thanking STS every day.

Greyhorse
04-24-2011, 09:26 PM
What Moogerfooger said: This game doesn't code itself. *shrug*

I'm not thrilled about the prices of elixirs now, either, but I think the folks responsible for providing us this incredible time-killer deserve paychecks. :)

grenadiers
04-24-2011, 09:32 PM
@moogerfooger
you have a very good point... i didint take the development of their new game into consideration for the price changes.
thanks for pointing that out.
grenadiers

Warrbuxx
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Bring elixir back.for.gold... more.fun is more.customers

Ellyidol
04-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Bring elixir back.for.gold... more.fun is more.customers

That's what Moog is trying to say. :p

More customers spending nothing is still nothing. Lol

Moogerfooger
04-24-2011, 10:06 PM
That's what Moog is trying to say. :p

More customers spending nothing is still nothing. Lol

Exactly :P

I am sure that if they could, everything would be free...but they are still a business and they gotta pay for all that Red Bull that Cinco is obviously drinking by the case load :D :D :D

Moogerfooger
04-24-2011, 10:08 PM
@moogerfooger
you have a very good point... i didint take the development of their new game into consideration for the price changes.
thanks for pointing that out.
grenadiers

Np bud. I have a friend who used to work in game design, and started a company himself for a little while, and it is a lot more expensive than most people think. The bandwidth charges alone for their servers has got to be a ton just by itself, or more than we think. And they are spending time tryin got launch Blackstar and code it and design it....I can't wait to see it, so if I gotta give up my favorite damage elixir, oh well :)

Kindread
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Also, with the exp elixirs and I think we're consuming context to fast. We get a new level cap and new area and boom everyone hits the cap and is bored. They need to balance out the rate of our advance to the speed at which new content comes out. PL comes out with updates and new content faster than any other game I've played and we're chewing through it like nothing heh. Gimme Sandstone Caves!

RedRyder
04-24-2011, 11:46 PM
It needs to be brought back how it was. Everyone that's 56 now used the 3x elixirs, and those like myself that have yet to reach it will have a really hard time getting to it. In fact, we'd deserve an omega crown of persistence lol

grenadiers
04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
i see the point in charging platinum for somethings but in my case elixers are something not worth spending platinum on and thats the point im trying to prove.
if you were going to charge only plat for something i would do it for something in more demand like for example: 500 of each potions for lets say 15 platinum or more, thats probably something that i and other people would buy.

Moogerfooger
04-26-2011, 05:30 PM
It needs to be brought back how it was. Everyone that's 56 now used the 3x elixirs, and those like myself that have yet to reach it will have a really hard time getting to it. In fact, we'd deserve an omega crown of persistence lol

That's what you get for slacking :p kidding. Many of us very rarely used the 3x, not worth the gold. Some used it hardly at all. Not "everyone".

Pandamoni
04-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd rather deal with the changes I'm not crazy about than not have a game to play. This is their livelihood. I don't think they're money hungry, I think they have real mouths to feed.

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Nah... elixirs for plat... I love it.

Problem has been the same every campaign. Some folks (who have only one character) power themselves up in the first few days then complain about not having anything to do. So they made L56 and the whole Crown of Persistence, and people did that in a week. Now they run around as 56's booting 55's, farming pinks, and exploiting the commodity gap.

In short, people hit level cap too quickly.

The cause: elixirs.
The solution: make them cost plat.

Fine by me. I refuse to become addicted to elxirs. Before AO3, most players looked down their noses at elixirs.

So I say, good riddance.

but your mileage may vary.