PDA

View Full Version : Spammers!

cromei
05-26-2010, 02:46 PM
The town has now become a spam place. please implement something that if someone spams the same line more than 3 times within 3 they get kicked off the server. and not allowed back for 10 mins or something. there has to be a penalty for this spamming!!

Sayishere
05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
yes i agree with this, you shouldnt be allowed to post the same message more than 2 times or something

nerdherd
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, it would be nice if it was automatically taken care of, although personally I don't mind hitting "Ignore" on the people that are spamming. I'm just not sure I care enough about this issue to pull developer time away from other, cooler things.

Diz
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Coding a [in this case, ignore] trigger based on something as simple as chat / logs isn't a tremendously difficult / time consuming issue, nerd. But yeah, they probably have a short-term list of priorities and it could be on there.

Xanthia
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
No, This is a problem in EVERY SINGLE MMO GAME!!!!! They designed the Friend/Ignore function perfectly. If they are spamming and you don't want to deal with it, then place them on ignore. That simple. The 6 man DEV team does not have time to waste on making spamming rules. I'm sorry but that is a complete waste of time.

Esus
05-26-2010, 05:02 PM
I HATE SPAMMERS! If any one has has ever played Starcraft or Diablo 2 on B.net, there's an anti spammin system. If you spam the same message more than 10 times within X amount of seconds you get kicked off the server for ten minutes. I love anti spamming systems. Here's an example of the worst kind of spamming...
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz185/ShiftyEsus/90dbc235.jpg

flaimdude
05-26-2010, 05:51 PM
They shouldn't be able to use more than one quick-chat per 10 seconds. :) I think that would fix it, as lots of people are double-tap spamming with quick chat (which is very handy for things like 'heal plz,' 'revive plz,' and the like).

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 05:55 PM
It's called noobs, they all quit within a week anyway. Don't worry. Haha yup they will be replaced but.... Noobs. Gotta love them.

doot
05-26-2010, 06:25 PM
No, This is a problem in EVERY SINGLE MMO GAME!!!!! They designed the Friend/Ignore function perfectly. If they are spamming and you don't want to deal with it, then place them on ignore. That simple. The 6 man DEV team does not have time to waste on making spamming rules. I'm sorry but that is a complete waste of time.

^ This. Don't waste your energy, guys.