View Full Version : Question about rengol bosses debuffs

Wazakesy
07-09-2015, 12:51 AM
Hello all,

I have been running this expansion alot. So now ive started to notice that the debuffs Displayed on the UI arent working.

My current stats:

HP: 4591
Dodge: 48.03%
Critical: 41.34%
Damage: 747.6
Armor: 1577

Shaman Pakuna - Her fire fissures apply an armor debuff and a curse that inflicts a DoT and damage dealt to a character if attacking shaman pakuna whilst being affected by curse. I checked my stats section and my damage indeed fell from 747.6 to 585.4 - checking my armor (with the debuff being displayed on my UI) it was still 1577. So i wonder if this armor debuff actually takes place but doesnt show up on your stats page, Or does the fire fissure doesnt apply an armor debuff?

Thumper: Thumper's Pools do a Damage debuff and apply a snare (movement impairment effect). I again checked my stats (with the debuff on my UI) and found out my damage remains 747.6 - Does the debuff even work?

Not sure about Korgar Goretusk's debuffs.

Madnex
07-09-2015, 07:16 AM
This is actually an issue with the icons that I've already reported a few weeks back. Poison DoT as well as Shaman's is displayed with armor debuff icons that flash for each tick.

Similarly, bleed DoT is displayed with the damage debuff icon but it shows only in the status bar. The orange pool only snares afaik but all or almost all of Thumper's attacks add bleed DoT.

Also suggested that we get new icons for those on a weekly newsletter but it probably didn't get enough support or was ignored.

Wazakesy
07-09-2015, 07:51 AM
This is actually an issue with the icons that I've already reported a few weeks back. Poison DoT as well as Shaman's is displayed with armor debuff icons that flash for each tick.

Similarly, bleed DoT is displayed with the damage debuff icon but it shows only in the status bar. The orange pool only snares afaik but all or almost all of Thumper's attacks add bleed DoT.

Also suggested that we get new icons for those on a weekly newsletter but it probably didn't get enough support or was ignored.

Lets call it the revenge of ignoring sir maddy's suggestion, we shall haz an ooprisin! :P

@Topic

I still see Nox Bolt's armor debuff (even without using aimed shot in PvP or a Mob). Isnt this related to the DoT (considering the default duration is 3s).

Wazakesy
07-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Ok, Here's the Debuff list.

Shaman Pakuna
Damage Debuff: 20% (approximate values with alot of testing with various gears)

Thumper
Summons a pool that snares.

Korgar Goretusk
No debuffs detected yet or found. In progress

Fibus
07-09-2015, 11:08 AM

Worry not! Your feedback hasn't been ignored on this. The launch of the expansion has consumed all of our time recently though.

Unfortunately, this isn't as simply of a fix as you would think simply changing an icon is. There are other underlying systems which need to be tweaked to allow us to better communicate buffs/debuffs. I don't have an ETA for you, but we are aware of the issue and how it is impacting players.

Madnex
07-09-2015, 11:29 AM
@Topic
I still see Nox Bolt's armor debuff (even without using aimed shot in PvP or a Mob). Isnt this related to the DoT (considering the default duration is 3s).
To clarify, Noxious Bolt does not apply any sort of armor debuff. The icon used to be the same with bleed's and burn's DoT until the fix for Arachna's poison pools (there was no sign that the player stepping on them was receiving a 10% armor debuff initially). The issue that arised from the fix was that after it was implemented, all poison and some other DoT's started incorrectly displaying the armor debuff icon for each and every tick. This was fine and acceptable for the Arachna fight since it was accurate for the most part but you can guess how it was misleading in any other instance.

Ok, Here's the Debuff list.

Shaman Pakuna
Damage Debuff: 20% (approximate values with alot of testing with various gears)

The damage debuff from Shaman's Lava Pool is actually 25%. *

*It's actually 10% + pet damage buff (hence 25% with 15% damage pet on my screen).

Worry not! Your feedback hasn't been ignored on this. The launch of the expansion has consumed all of our time recently though.

Unfortunately, this isn't as simply of a fix as you would think simply changing an icon is. There are other underlying systems which need to be tweaked to allow us to better communicate buffs/debuffs. I don't have an ETA for you, but we are aware of the issue and how it is impacting players.
Well, that's certainly relieving to know! Thanks.