PDA

View Full Version : Can i still become a goa if i was banned?

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Ok well, my biggest dream of pl is to become a goa. And well i was banned. And thats only because i was mad about gcd and was afraid my favorite game was coming to an end (for me). Do u guys thing if i helped enough i could still be a goa? Even if i was banned?

Corpser
04-25-2011, 02:20 AM
i think it wont matter

as long as you behave well and help people.

Pokechmp
04-25-2011, 09:07 AM
What's a goa

RedRyder
04-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Guardian of alterra. And Im honestly not even sure.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Haven't a couple of our current GoAs been banned before?
But I think the bigger point you're missing is that you WANT it much more than you want to do the things that earn it.

Hayabusaz
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Didn't knew Guardians of Alterra could be banned . O.o

Arterra
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
I was banned for spamming yoshi images, and giving people the power to do the same... I call it the yoshi bomb.
Tbh the GoA are not necessarily goody goodies. Simply walking encyclopedias, help dispensers and generally friendly/liked.

saying you are working for a shield won't hurt you. You just gotta prove yourself and not ask for it when still not deserving. It will be a tough couple of months for you lol

RedRyder
04-25-2011, 12:03 PM

We can, and our status and shields can be taken away at any time

Hayabusaz
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
We can, and our status and shields can be taken away at any time

wow .. stay calm ;P Good luck . :) :)

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I was banned for spamming yoshi images, and giving people the power to do the same... I call it the yoshi bomb.
Tbh the GoA are not necessarily goody goodies. Simply walking encyclopedias, help dispensers and generally friendly/liked.

saying you are working for a shield won't hurt you. You just gotta prove yourself and not ask for it when still not deserving. It will be a tough couple of months for you lol

This explains it the best i think..i mean i was just pissed at gcd because it was like ruining my fav game ever. Now its aight i still think some more work could be put into it

RedRyder
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Lol the next action that could be taken is to remove it. It's fine as is, like come on. You can't even tell it's there

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Meh...yea i really really want it removed and i would say its barely noticeable if the devs would take it away :p but really it still feels weird going from nothing to a delay that actually makes a huge difference in this game.

RedRyder
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Lol not getting into this argument :p

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Im not tring to argue im agreeing with u

Roasty
04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey..well about the GCD it shouldn't be that much of a deal. It doesn't suck that bad and it also shouldn't make you that upset. And yes, it still might suck a little but people have made their mistakes. The developers at Spacetime Studios are just doing what they think is right, and that's good enough for me. :) P.S. that was just a lil message from your ole friend. -Roast

Pokechmp
04-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey, think about this: you have a cool down when u use skills, but all others do 2! I think the thing is it makes pve harder, but the devs can lower enemy health and attack.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
So you were banned for doing... what?... when trying to give feedback on GCD.

This matters, to answer your question. You see, giving constructive feedback is one of the things they look for, while threatening to ragequit is something they remember. They said they want all feedback in the current thread for feedback, so if you started your own feedback thread, expecting personal attention, then that's a strike against you, too. If you exagerated and said "the devs don't care about the players" or "the are ruining MY game" or some such, that's bad too.

So, you'll need to give better feedback and try to refrain from melodrama.

But you should also report mean people. And never report falsely.

And you should consider a few helpful projects and start doing them. It doesn't have to be as intense as Yanis' listing of all pinks, but that's a fine example. Stuff like that gets you noticed.

Also, when players ask for help in Forest Haven, maybe they need to find a quest NPC or don't know how to buy plat, then stop and help them.

You know, they pick the Guardians based on their own criteria. And they try to pick people who are naturally inclined to be helpful. So, if you are naturally friendly and helpful, just be yourself and eventually you might get noticed.

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I really wanna help out but I always get called noob cuz I suck at pvp
I try to be constructive by giving suggestions .. Probably cuz I didn't post enough and I didn't stand out...
Anyways congratulations to all guardians!!

RedRyder
04-25-2011, 07:03 PM
It's not about post counts. In the announcements section of the forums in the GOA thread, snake pretty much sums up what it means to become a guardian.

Zeus
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Definitely isn't about the post counts. Some of the members have very few post counts, but still deserved it.

Can you become a G.O.A if you were banned? Definitely. How do I know? I'm one.

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 07:16 PM
So you were banned for doing... what?... when trying to give feedback on GCD.

This matters, to answer your question. You see, giving constructive feedback is one of the things they look for, while threatening to ragequit is something they remember. They said they want all feedback in the current thread for feedback, so if you started your own feedback thread, expecting personal attention, then that's a strike against you, too. If you exagerated and said "the devs don't care about the players" or "the are ruining MY game" or some such, that's bad too.

So, you'll need to give better feedback and try to refrain from melodrama.

But you should also report mean people. And never report falsely.

And you should consider a few helpful projects and start doing them. It doesn't have to be as intense as Yanis' listing of all pinks, but that's a fine example. Stuff like that gets you noticed.

Also, when players ask for help in Forest Haven, maybe they need to find a quest NPC or don't know how to buy plat, then stop and help them.

You know, they pick the Guardians based on their own criteria. And they try to pick people who are naturally inclined to be helpful. So, if you are naturally friendly and helpful, just be yourself and eventually you might get noticed.
no i didnt post my own thread i was in the right thread complaining with all the others, and who gets banned MOI! oh dont get me started lmao

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Definitely isn't about the post counts. Some of the members have very few post counts, but still deserved it.

Can you become a G.O.A if you were banned? Definitely. How do I know? I'm one.

ok thanks parth. im guessing u were banned since u know :p i never said anything about post counts...dont know where that came from. O! CONGRATZ MAN! U DESERVE IT'! I vote for brooke next :p

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 07:18 PM
or major or rebel

KingFu
04-25-2011, 07:34 PM

I got banned once on forums and twice in game. Shouldn't matter unless it was recent, or devs impersionation.

Zeusofire
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
I wish you the best of luck, but it will take a lot of work for you to reach you goal, a lot of work.

Mothwing
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I wish you the best of luck, but it will take a lot of work for you to reach you goal, a lot of work.

This post is uneccesary. Why? Because it sounds like most of the goas already here have been banned. Why am i any different? It doesnt mean i have to "make up time" i guess you could say. It just means i need to try harder.