PDA

View Full Version : how long when farming for craft items

azzasin
04-25-2011, 02:03 AM
im just wondering how long do i have to farm a level, when im trying to get craft items cause i keep getting non-crafting items from the boss drop.

Major
04-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Well if you are trying to get crafting materials then do the Daily quests in FH, AO, and BS. All crafting drops like recipes and materials are all based on your luck lol. Meathead's Deli is a good place for the low leveling crafting stuff.

azzasin
04-25-2011, 03:25 AM
So it can take quite a while to get recipe and power gem drops?

lilbyrdie
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
If you're not very lucky (and I don't mean "luck" in game), it could take 20-30 hours of farming. It's the recipes, in my experience, that take the longest. If you're really lucky, maybe 3-5 hours of farming to get everything.

This is just from my experience with FH items. After about 32 hours of farming, I had 4 recipes (2 basic, 2 level 5), 9+ gems, and plenty of basic supplies. Problem was, I could only craft one of the recipes, because the other 3 required different gems than I had. I also didn't quite have enough of the basic supplies, though those are easiest to get with daily quests.

That one crafted item sold for well over 100k, but was most definitely not worth the time. That's just a few hours of gold farming.

Other than for PvP, I'm not sure what good the low level crafted items are for. You definitely couldn't get one crafted on your own character before getting to a level that has a much better item on a natural drop.

Just my two cents, but I think crafting either needs to be much faster or create much better items.

Your best bet is probably to do daily quests for the basic materials, buy the gem (fairly cheap; 8-12k I think), and buy the recipe (might be as rare as a drop, but saves a lot of time -- farm for gold instead or just get gold during level grinding).

You could get lucky, though, by farming. :)

azzasin
04-25-2011, 11:20 AM
thanks alot for all your help