PDA

View Full Version : Can't patch 1.2 on iPad

handinpocket
05-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi guys, upgraded to 1.2 on both my iphone and ipad (wifi) when it came out. no problems. was not too sure about there being same version for both, so just to be sure, re-downloaded from itunes to my ipad. Over the last 12 hours i've done this both directly via ipad and via itunes client then synching. All the patches download perfectly fine, but on client001.pak, it gets about 2/3rds of the way and i get disconnected from server. i'll retry a few times, then delete the app and download again. probably downloaded the app 12 times plus 36 attempts at patch downloads. could you take a look?

Mobdropper
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Had no problem downloading new patch on iPad today. For iPad you need to use the iPhone app though.

asommers
05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like your wifi connection is intermittent.

Try a couple of things:
1) If you have push notifications enabled, disable them.
2) If you can, try another wifi connection (friends house, coffee shop, etc.).

-ALS

handinpocket
05-27-2010, 03:08 AM
I decided to make use of the office network. After disabling push notifications i started up the app which i'd downloaded from home and began downloading the patches. Again got disconnected about 2/3rds into client001.pak.

So i deleted the app, and downloaded app straight onto the ipad, and this time all patches loaded and really quick too. Am back in!

I started playing this on iphone, and that got me hooked. But i must admit, these last couple of weeks since i got the ipad, gameplay feels totally immersive in comparison.

PL + ipad = joy.

Thanks for responding so quick. Now i just need flight feathers for my eagle ;)