PDA

View Full Version : I swear....

CanonicalKoi
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
No, not as in "spouting obscenities"; as in, "making a solemn vow". The very next bear or bird who says the words "spam heal" at my mage.....grrrr. And it's only when we've gotten to the boss. Run an entire level, they haven't had to touch a heal pot because I've freaking *been* spamming heal all along and...."spam heal". I swear I'm gonna tell them in all seriousness, "And you make sure you smack (or shoot, for birds) the bad guy, okay? Because having survived this whole level doing just that, I know you're not smart enough to do it when we get to the boss unless I remind you."

Sort of like the mage the other day that told my bird very seriously, "You should use Thorn Wall so I can combo with it.". I'd *been* using TW; in fact it had just worn off from my last use of it when he told me that. Arrrgh. Anyone else being told the obvious? Or told to do something you're already doing?

Junside
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Suggestive advice, but understandably something you can get upset over. I have said "heal please" but that's when I had aggro and I actually checked to see if they used heal. Totally oblivious to the tank's absorbing their attacks. Some people don't pay attention to the entire screen when playing, and just look at their skills and their HP. I had to die once to prove that they were indeed not healing, so I had to comment that time to remind them.

BlazeMystic
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I can understand your frustration, the mage has it much harder post GCD - I thought GCD was pretty good but now I played a bit more lately, I've realised that in BS its very difficult to do it all - buff/debuff - heal - kill etc and trying to stay alive yourself and I'm still trying to adjust to it. Other players will just have to remember that they too can use potions when mobs become overwhelming. I also find it irritating when players die and demand to be revived instantly especially when you are caught up in doing other things. Oh the trials and tribulations of a mage...

Duped
04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Mage is a tougher character to play since GCD in that respect. I do agree with another post that stated our heal doesn't seem to travel as far now, but the general stupidity of some players causes grief for the good ones :)

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
When they tell you to spam heal just reply "spam thorn root" or "spam taunt".

Hayabusaz
04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
wow...........

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 02:58 PM
IKR... I want to say to them... "you think these green sparkles come from firetraps?"

superss
04-25-2011, 03:02 PM
yah i get annoyed at that too. sometimes i say "mages spam heal at boss ill spam too!"

Sky../
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Spam does not heal. It gives you heart attack. Have you seen the amount of sodium and fat in those things??

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Spam does not heal. It gives you heart attack. Have you seen the amount of sodium and fat in those things??

Rofl I love it though,

I hate it when people say rev please when I've already died, and if I do die and they don't, they just continue on the run until a few seconds later I have to ask them

Pandamoni
04-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm always tempted to stop healing when they tell me that. Let them see how much they have to guzzle pots when I'm NOT spamming heal.

@Sky, Spam rocks! :P

@Duped, so you noticed heal having shorter range, too? Good to know that I'm not going crazy!

azulflame
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
honestly, I have never told anyone to spam heal or thorn wall/root. I have been told multiple times, and sometimes, just to prove a point, (I give a disclaimer first) I stop healing, or any spels for that matter, until we hit a boss, or I never use any thorn stuff (or archer skills).

It gets them to stop telling you to spam stuff, especially whenever they win aggro, instead of the tank/me (if there is no tank, everyone tends to target me instead of the higher lvls).

red
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
unless your with a group of close friends, a good farming team, or if a low level is in the party, you really shouldn't boss people around. or at least say "please";) also, why does everyone say 'rev' right when they get KO'd? 99.9% of the time the mage will rev right away.

CanonicalKoi
04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
unless your with a group of close friends, a good farming team, or if a low level is in the party, you really shouldn't boss people around. or at least say "please";) also, why does everyone say 'rev' right when they get KO'd? 99.9% of the time the mage will rev right away.

Courtesy counts. I've told a boatload (metric) of newer players to change, "Rev" or "Heal" to "Rev pls" or "Heal pls". Mages don't have to do it. It's nice that they do and I appreciate them spending the mana/running into a firestorm to do it/dying because they used Revive instead of an offensive spell to protect themselves. The least I can do is be courteous.

Duped
04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Courtesy counts. I've told a boatload (metric) of newer players to change, "Rev" or "Heal" to "Rev pls" or "Heal pls". Mages don't have to do it. It's nice that they do and I appreciate them spending the mana/running into a firestorm to do it/dying because they used Revive instead of an offensive spell to protect themselves. The least I can do is be courteous.

You are right, and tbh, sometimes I'm guilty of not using please like I should. I am a very polite person in real life, but just seems like in this game I'm so used to the quick typing while playing that I excuse it in my mind and it seems to be more common here than in real life. Nonetheless, you're right, and its good to remember to use please and thank you.

Kindread
04-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Rofl I love it though,

I hate it when people say rev please when I've already died, and if I do die and they don't, they just continue on the run until a few seconds later I have to ask them

This is the biggest no-no and one of my pet peeves. When I see people die, its always the mages that run three screens away just to rev them and keep them on the loot hunt but when the Mage dies, especially if it's the lone Mage, people just keep going and start on the boss. I always try my best to stop the group or at least stall them to give the Mage time to make it back for the loot. That's a major foul in my book.

JaytB
04-26-2011, 07:15 AM
I just mentally mute them, as I do with most annoying comments. If it gets really annoying I just leave :)

Surefire way to avoid any frustration is the wonderful password function and a group of close friends :)

NeoQueen
04-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately I find this problem more at the lower levels. If I am my tank I will not use pots and just attack and watch my health bar slowly lower cause the mages don't heal. I either die or leave if they don't get the hint after I ask them to heal. Also, the rev thing. As a tank I hate it when someone dies and the Mage is running around killing. I literally ask for the rev repeatedly after they have passed numerous opportunities to revive their fallen comrade. On the other hand, I am very aware as a Mage of my groups overall health. If u die, I will get to u, wait. And normally when I see someone die I press rev right away. If u die cause u wondered off u, genius, deserve to respawn.

CanonicalKoi
04-26-2011, 08:23 AM
I understand, Neo. I've played with my share of non-healing mages, too. And non-revving mages, for that matter. The annoyance comes when you've run an entire level (or multiple levels) with the same group. I've been spamming heal all the way--I'm a healing mage--and they still feel the need to say "spam heal" when we get to the boss. Really? Never would have thought of it. Sigh. The only thing better is when you've got two tanks and one mage. One tank goes *this* way and one goes *that* way. Or a bird is getting smacked so he starts kiting *away* from the rest of the group (and the nice mage). Could you guys stay somewhat clumped up together? I can't help you much if you're out of range of my Heal.... And I agree with the others that posted it--Heal's range seems smaller. :(

Rare
04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
No, not as in "spouting obscenities"; as in, "making a solemn vow". The very next bear or bird who says the words "spam heal" at my mage.....grrrr. And it's only when we've gotten to the boss. Run an entire level, they haven't had to touch a heal pot because I've freaking *been* spamming heal all along and...."spam heal". I swear I'm gonna tell them in all seriousness, "And you make sure you smack (or shoot, for birds) the bad guy, okay? Because having survived this whole level doing just that, I know you're not smart enough to do it when we get to the boss unless I remind you."

Sort of like the mage the other day that told my bird very seriously, "You should use Thorn Wall so I can combo with it.". I'd *been* using TW; in fact it had just worn off from my last use of it when he told me that. Arrrgh. Anyone else being told the obvious? Or told to do something you're already doing?

No joke. I had a bird accuse me of not knowing how to play a mage because they kept dying. Not to mention it was a bird attacking from close range. I held my tounge. After the 3rd or 4th time I told them they need to get some better armor if they want to play in the sewers.

karmakali
04-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I completely agree that politeness goes a LONG WAY!
Mages do sometimes get caught up in their own combos and miss a heal opportunity. A FRIENDLY reminder is never offensive, just keep it non demanding or you will likely notice even less healing than before the offensive demand. :)
Friends list....stick to it and edit as needed....alleviates the problem!

LADYHADASSA
04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I can understand this post very well, i too am a spam healer, what makes me want to tweek is when i spam heal and rez... The player does not fill their health upon rez, and is ignorant to the mages, i somtimes tell bears and birds heal! Lol lol, with the gcd the balance is off, i somtimes have to chhose heal vs a buff to live. I also have been in rooms where a tank or bird running with all mages starts in with spam heal.... Ummm... Out of all the charecters mages receive flack the most from players. Our job is not to play the game for others but support your play. To top this all off i have been in countless maps where the tank and bird wait for the mage to go before them into a room, and still holler spam... I can not tank, take out mobs spam heal and live lol... ( well we used to)

oh well some days being Super mage ....is fornthe bears.. Or birds.....

CanonicalKoi
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Out of all the charecters mages receive flack the most from players.

Weeeeelllll....I don't know. I see tanks get a lot of flack and not much credit for what they do. My bird gets off easy--people just assume, "Bird. Crazy." and let it go at that (not that they're wrong, mind you). Mages seem to get more of it "in the moment" and tanks get it on the forum. :/

StompArtist
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Weeeeelllll....I don't know. I see tanks get a lot of flack and not much credit for what they do. My bird gets off easy--people just assume, "Bird. Crazy." and let it go at that (not that they're wrong, mind you). Mages seem to get more of it "in the moment" and tanks get it on the forum. :/

I was under the impression bears got the most due to poor pulling and stomping seen especially at lower levels.

ICantSpel
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
i get told to "keep heal plz" so i just say pot and stand there, if someones gunna be rude and useless ill make thier deaths go up ZZZ.

Beez
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Simple answer: You have heal button.. they dont. lol

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I love bossy players. I find them hilarious. That's the part where I totally leave them behind. Like this one guy that kept yelling at me to resurrect him... while I was on my BIRD.

Doubletime
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I love bossy players. I find them hilarious. That's the part where I totally leave them behind. Like this one guy that kept yelling at me to resurrect him... while I was on my BIRD.

lol. Last night Echelong and I were in a PUG where the party was 3 bears (one was my alt), a bird (Ech's alt) and a mage. Mage dies 2/3 of way through the board on a fire trap. Demands that we revive him. Gets mad and leaves when we "don't" revive him. I am still looking for that Bear and Bird revive button. :)

The players that are fussing about healing are the ones that are typically too cheap to buy health pots. On a typical night using my bird with a party made up of friends (meaning all are very experienced 55/56 level players) we may play for a couple hours and I can use 100-150 health pots. Some nights more if I am particularly reckless. I don't rely on the mage for my health boosts because it is nearly impossible for a mage to heal, buff, debuff, and combo effectively all at the same time. It costs me a tiny little amount of 1500-3000 in gold for those health pots (assuming I am too lazy to farm them for free). Don't get me wrong, the mages all heal non-stop most of the time, but that is the bonus, not the expectation. Too many players think that health pots are to be used as a last resort instead of a first line of defense.

CanonicalKoi
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Lol! Love that--do most of a run with 2 bears and 3 birds, one char dies and screams, "REZ ME!!!". Tell him, "Um...no mage." And he starts screaming that there is. INT birds, while fine, upstanding characters, do not magically get a "Revive" icon just because they're carrying a staff. :)