PDA

View Full Version : Shield of Gratitude Granted to Everyone Who Purchased 30 Plat or More

Samhayne
04-25-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=315&d=1303144933

For the 1 Year Anniversary we granted a special vanity item, the Shield of Gratitude, to anyone who had previously purchased all of the "Main Spine" maps that were changed to be free.

We have expanded the grant of the Shield of Gratitude to include anyone who had previously purchased 30 Platinum or more. You can find the Shield of Gratitude vanity item in your Stash.

We know that Pocket Legends wouldn't be the game it is without our fans. We love you!

Inching
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
first.....

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
So let me get this straight.

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.

I have to agree with Red here. Special items are just not so special. :(

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I have to agree with Red here. Special items are just not so special. :(

Wrong "rider" ;)

BeardedBear
04-25-2011, 12:32 PM
What the sam hill is going on around here?

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Wrong "rider" ;)

ooops. Sorry. I agree with ColorlessRider. :P

BlazeMystic
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I have to agree with Les as well. Isn't 30 plat the lowest amount you can buy? That would surely mean everybody would qualify for this. I don't see how that shield can possibly be unique at all.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Not only that, I don't recall many people complaining that they didn't get the shield. If anything, I saw a couple of people upset because they missed out by one map. So simple solution -- give them the option to pay for the one map they're missing to get the shield. If they don't want to do that, then they suck it up. And give them only 1-2 weeks to make this decision.
Why in the world would you suddenly decide to give this shield to everyone?????

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Does tapjoy plat also apply to this lowered shield of gratitude requirement?

Ellyidol
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure if my memory serves me right, but how much would 30 plat get you in terms of the "main spine"? I haven't bought it ever since I started nor checked the pricing before hand.

Will 30 plat buy you the entire main spine?

Arterra
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Lol... Just, lol.

30 Plat is nothing. If you are going to expand it to Plat buying, those who have bought 100 would qualify better. Means they either bought the bigger packages or at least the smaller packages twice, showing real intention to stay a while longer.

As for founder helm/grat shield comparison debate... I wish it could have been 6 months so that I would have it. But I accept the fact that I don't. If people don't qualify for set requirements, that should be that.
A better gratitude shield update? Make it so that any class can use the crystal version. I will never use this shield on my pally or bird as it stands.

Rolocoaster
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
this doesnt seem to be a well received decisions by StS so far . I for one do not like it becuase it will not longer be unique .:/

Prest87
04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
:( now this shield means so little :(

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
And since this wasn't run by anyone before beig implemented, I suppose there's nothing to do about it -- you can't take back the shield from people you just gave it to.

Maybe a new item given for the original intention? I dunno. I really just need to {facepalm}.

Zeus
04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I think they are headed in the right direction. Just a little bit strayed.

Balance is needed. I think they should make it so there is enough people that get it, with it still maintaining it's uniqueness. Kinda like how the Founders helm was originally made for April-June members. IMO. It was perfect like that and shouldn't have been changed. To make it maintain uniqueness however still be common enough for people to have, make it so people who purchase all the campaigns. Showing true dedication to STS. The main spine works as well.

Just a suggestion :). ^.^. Enjoy :).

Apologies for any grammatical errors. Typing this on my iPhone while rushing to class. ;).

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I think they are headed in the right direction. Just a little bit strayed.

Balance is needed. I think they should make it so there is enough people that get it, with it still maintaining it's uniqueness. Kinda like how the Founders helm was originally made for April-June members. IMO. It was perfect like that and shouldn't have been changed. To make it maintain uniqueness however still be common enough for people to have, make it so people who purchase all the campaigns. Showing true dedication to STS. The main spine works as well.

Just a suggestion :). ^.^. Enjoy :).

Apologies for any grammatical errors. Typing this on my iPhone while rushing to class. ;).

Parth, you usually make a lot of sense, but you just contradicted yourself. I'm not even sure what your opinion is on the matter.

Arterra
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
I guess the rushing to class doesn't help on clarification. I think he is supporting original intentions all around.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm going to reserve judgment until we see what that Veterans Rewards program thing will be capable of.

By then, all of this stuff will probably be moot.

Thing is, if they are going to have a veterans program, then those who bought 30 plat will be rewarded anyway. Why did they have to chane this now from its original intention?

All these changes are making my head hurt.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 01:34 PM
The primary argument against level requirements in maps has always been that people should be allowed to play in any map they paid for. So, when they decided to put level requirements on maps, they also made the main sequence of maps free. That took away the screaming about no being able to join things that were purchased. And then, to soften the blow, because you just KNEW someone would say that they had bought all the maps that are now free and wanted their money back, they made this shield. It was originally a twinkable item with stats, but then they took the stats off it because it's not fair in PvP, I guess. That made it so they had to take the stats off the highly-coveted PL Shield and the also-special Community Shield, because people were also using them to gain an unfair advantage in PvP. That meant that they had to create a new column under inventory for vanity shields. So they might as well hand out vanity shields to anyone who spent about $10. Put that new column in inventory to good use.

But this all started with a wish to have level requirements in maps. If this is what it takes to do that, then AMEN!

I do, however, still wish they hadn't retracted the helm I was expecting to get. I know that the founders were here before me, but it would have been a huge honor to be included. So it goes.

azzasin
04-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm an enchantress and when ever I equip the Sheila my staff disappersbut it still says it's equipped

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Snake, just need to point out -- the free maps are a promotion. They won't be free forever, just for the people who made accounts before the promotion ends. So we will still have people buying maps they can't use yet, once the promotion is over (unless that changed since).

I still see absolutely no reason why this shield had to be changed all of a sudden. If that's how things are going to be, then extend the Founder's helm to more people as well.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but... MIXED MESSAGES.

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
If we collectively spent the time writing guides that we spent on vanity shields, we would have a bunch of new guides. Just sayin'.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I have heard that, too, but with the way minds change around here lately, I don't know what to believe.

Still, I keep telling myself, if they give SoG to 30 plat people, I can't wait to find out what the 800 plat buyers are getting. :D

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
If we collectively spent the time writing guides that we spent on vanity shields, we would have a bunch of new guides. Just sayin'.

Same could be said for the devs.

Just sayin' :p

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry....I respect everyone on this thread immensely, but the amount of time spent debating a stat-less (because we gave feedback that it was overpowered/"unfair"/whatever and they adjusted) vanity shield boggles my mind. Who cares how "exclusive" this stat-less vanity shield is?

Founder helm a different story because it does have stats, but I'm not touching that dead horse.

Just my $0.02. Not claiming to be right or wrong.

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Sorry....I respect everyone on this thread immensely, but the amount of time spent debating a stat-less (because we gave feedback that it was overpowered/"unfair"/whatever and they adjusted) vanity shield boggles my mind. Who cares how "exclusive" this stat-less vanity shield is?

Founder helm a different story because it does have stats, but I'm not touching that dead horse.

Just my $0.02. Not claiming to be right or wrong.

Meh. Might as well make more vanity items for plat (like a spare tire shield!) and forget about the rewards altogether.

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Meh. Might as well make more vanity items for plat (like a spare tire shield!) and forget about the rewards altogether.

I like, I like...will it have raised sidewall lettering????

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I like, I like...will it have raised sidewall lettering????

PL Racing.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Moog, I respect you as well. But...

I'll use your example ;)
If my LesBurger Deluxes came with a LesFun Toy for those who bought 100 burgers between the months of January and February, and it was never going to be released again. And then they changed it a month later and said "actually, we're giving it to anyone who bought 15 burgers during that time period. You'll receive your toy in the mail."

You don't think the people who bought the 100 burgers should be annoyed that all of a sudden their LesFun Toys were no longer unique and exclusive?

Especially since those people who were there from the beginning still got to keep their 10% discounts that no one else got!

Samhayne
04-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey everyone,

We hear you - we knew that by giving the Shield of Gratitude out to more people would make it a bit less special. Please keep in mind that the Shield of Gratitude is a one time grant - not a vet reward. Yeah, right now it might seem like a lot of people have it - but it's a mark in time. As time marches on, it will be a bit more sweet. "Wow, you were around when they gave that shield out? Cooool" Or at least, that's our hope as well.

karmakali
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I didn't realize guys whine this much.....just saying ;)
Samhayne...might wanna borrow that shield from Cinco.

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I dunno Les, I always threw away my toys from value meals :D but to counter....the way I look at things, at least I still had a LesToy (lol) that I didn't have in the first place.

All I was trying to say, is that two weeks ago we didn't even know this shield existed. Now we are extensively debating on this stat-less shield on how "exclusive" it is. Maybe it is because I am older than almost all of you, but to me I just look at it like "I could care less who has it, my bear looks pimp with it as a vanity shield over-riding the base shield, RAWR!". I just don't care who else has what. I'm fine with it and am looking forward to seeing whatever this Veteran's Rewards thingie is.

nabidavid
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
i really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rharrr
04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
didn't get mine...yes, i checked the stash ;) 225 plat bought.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
I dunno Les, I always threw away my toys from value meals :D but to counter....the way I look at things, at least I still had a LesToy (lol) that I didn't have in the first place.

All I was trying to say, is that two weeks ago we didn't even know this shield existed. Now we are extensively debating on this stat-less shield on how "exclusive" it is. Maybe it is because I am older than almost all of you, but to me I just look at it like "I could care less who has it, my bear looks pimp with it as a vanity shield over-riding the base shield, RAWR!". I just don't care who else has what. I'm fine with it and am looking forward to seeing whatever this Veteran's Rewards thingie is.

My main point is that on one hand, they're making one item MORE exclusive (and one that gives an unfair advantage, mind you), while they're making the other one LESS exclusive.
Even though the Gratitude shield does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING stat-wise, and has no benefit whatsoever other than looking unique, they now took even that away. But the helm, which gives an obvious advantage, is kept to just a select few -- keeping the people with that advantage even smaller. I just have trouble getting my head around all this. I'm a logical person, and when choices/decisions are made that make NO sense, it really bugs me.

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone,

We hear you - we knew that by giving the Shield of Gratitude out to more people would make it a bit less special. Please keep in mind that the Shield of Gratitude is a one time grant - not a vet reward. Yeah, right now it might seem like a lot of people have it - but it's a mark in time. As time marches on, it will be a bit more sweet. "Wow, you were around when they gave that shield out? Cooool" Or at least, that's our hope as well.

What best but a Simon and Garfunkel song?

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

Slow down guys ;)

davidis57
04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Mooger I agree with you I won't get upset over a useless vanity item. My auto bow disappears when I wear it anyway

dballah
04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I believe this was an attempt to satisfy all those who complained about how they didnt get it. The main spine was a lot more than 30 platinum, so those who bought 30 platinum will get an exclusive shield that should be reserved to those who actually invested in the main spine. I honestly feel like ive been ripped off here. Those who actually bought the main spine deserve something more then an extremely common sheild. I understand that you dont want to lose players, but this is just rediculous. This promotes the idea that whining gets you what you want.

Samhayne
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
What best but a Simon and Garfunkel song?

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

Slow down guys ;)

Nice reference :)

For me personally, I espouse that it's better to move with an 80% solution at the 100% right time, than miss the timing and wait for a 100% solution. But then, that's just me.

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 02:45 PM

For me personally, I espouse that it's better to move with an 80% solution at the 100% right time, than miss the timing and wait for a 100% solution. But then, that's just me.

I don't disagree. But the game has undergone lots of changes lately. Perhaps leave a bit of time for the players to start complaining about no changes again? lol I admit to seeing the catch 22 that lies therein.

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 02:47 PM
My main point is that on one hand, they're making one item MORE exclusive (and one that gives an unfair advantage, mind you), while they're making the other one LESS exclusive.
Even though the Gratitude shield does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING stat-wise, and has no benefit whatsoever other than looking unique, they now took even that away. But the helm, which gives an obvious advantage, is kept to just a select few -- keeping the people with that advantage even smaller. I just have trouble getting my head around all this. I'm a logical person, and when choices/decisions are made that make NO sense, it really bugs me.

I am fairly analytical as well, Les (have a biology and chem degree) but I reach a point where I just say "Hey I have limited remaining functional brain cells" and in the grand scheme of PL life, I decide to cut my losses and just stop trying to figure it out. You seem to be more invested in how "exclusive" it is, and I could give a rat's sweet patoootie...it was fah-REE!!!! Hey to each their own, of course :p

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/watertiger/watermelon.jpg

I kid, I kid.

No one is right or wrong, everyone has valid opinions...now, if you will 'scuse me, I am gonna get back to pretending to work.

Kossi
04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
i actually feel kind of jipped

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I just think someone needs to point out these inconsistencies, bc they're becoming more and more common. It's not just about the vanity shield. I'm talking in general about decisions being made about this game in the recent past.

dballah
04-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I could give a rat's sweet patoootie...it was fah-REE!!!!

Not really, we paid a decent sum of money to recieve the platimum to buy the main spine. Though $20 isnt much in the long term, those who made a $5 investment to buy balefort castle get a $20 sheild plus the refund. This doesnt seem fair to me, we should all get a refund if this is the case. I respect you and your opinion, but dont you think we should at least get something a little more special?

Kossi
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
any reward for the 500p+ buyers?
like i dont know,,, infinite specs :)

im serious

superss
04-25-2011, 03:04 PM

i have to agree to...

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Not really, we paid a decent sum of money to recieve the platimum to buy the main spine. Though $20 isnt much in the long term, those who made a $5 investment to buy balefort castle get a $20 sheild plus the refund. This doesnt seem fair to me, we should all get a refund if this is the case. I respect you and your opinion, but dont you think we should at least get something a little more special?

Sorry, not to be mean or disrespectful, but wrong. You paid that money for the levels for the gameplay....the shield was an added bonus they decided to give us that we didn't even know existed until recently. It's not like the vast majority of us only bought the levels just to get the shield...we all bought them to play them not knowing any such plan was in the works for the shield. Yes, if we had spent $20 hypothetically just to get the shield, then I would totally agree with you. But that is not the case for the vast majority of us. They owed us nothing...tried to do something sorta nice, and all anyone does is take a deuce in their coffee cup. I am not pro-dev other than I have an idea of what running a game studio is like having seen two friends work for one, but at the rate this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they quit trying to do things like this because of all of the uproar they cause.

Would it be nice if it was more special? I dunno. I think it looks pretty cool. Some others think it should be more exclusive, and I can't find a reason to really disagree with them either, so fair's fair. All I know is that I got something I wasn't expecting indirectly free and I ain't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Redbridge
04-25-2011, 03:16 PM
any reward for the 500p+ buyers?
like i dont know,,, infinite specs :)

im serious

+1 to that... If ever there was an incentive/reward for Platinum spend then shouldnt it be a little higher? Why not a series of them. IE a Plat supporter (30plat), Plat player (100plat), Plat expert (500plat) and plat god (1000)... The more you spent the more vanities you qualify for..

Obviously the figures can be changed but there are lots of possibilities now with a Shield vanity slot and only a few available... Plenty of ideas for that slot....

dballah
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
So people who didnt buy all the maps for the gameplay get an item reserved for those who did?

But anyways, I have the sheild already so why should I care? Theres a bit of heat building up here. So I'm sorry for putting you on the defensive, I'll try to word my replies more carefully next time. I hope your not angry.

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe instead of changing it to everyone who bought 30 plat, you can make it everyone who bought 50 or 75or something higher.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Actually, Mooger, go back to the reason why. They wanted to make level requirements for maps. But you know that someone is going to complain about not being able to play in some places anymore even though they paid, so they made those areas free. (As Les pointed out, for a limited time.) But you know someone is going to complain about other people getting something for free that they had to pay for, so they made the SoG.

IMO, I will pay any price to have level requirements. I don't care about this SoG vanity shield. I am just glad to be done with leechers and power leveling. Thank you for hearing me, Cinco!!! Amen!

But... how about a June joiner helm, maybe not as good as the April-May joiner helm. And how about pretty shields for the 350 plat and 800 plat buyers? :D

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 03:21 PM
So people who didnt buy all the maps for the gameplay get an item reserved for those who did?

But anyways, I have the sheild already so why should I care? Theres a bit of heat building up here. So I'm sorry for putting you on the defensive, I'll try to word my replies more carefully next time. I hope your not angry.

No, it's ok! :) I am usually down for a good debate...just trying to get back to work and failing miserably, lol. Sorry, didn't mean to come off as rude or harsh, my bad.

I would give you +10 tasty adult beverages, but I don't know if you are of legal drinkign age :p

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Moog, for someone who doesn't want to spend any more brain cells on this, you sure are discussing it an awful lot :p

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Actually, Mooger, go back to the reason why. They wanted to make level requirements for maps. But you know that someone is going to complain about not being able to play in some places anymore even though they paid, so they made those areas free. (As Les pointed out, for a limited time.) But you know someone is going to complain about other people getting something for free that they had to pay for, so they made the SoG.

IMO, I will pay any price to have level requirements. I don't care about this SoG vanity shield. I am just glad to be done with leechers and power leveling. Thank you for hearing me, Cinco!!! Amen!

But... how about a June joiner helm, maybe not as good as the April-May joiner helm. And how about pretty shields for the 350 plat and 800 plat buyers? :D

But wait...what if I only collectively bought 345 plat???? And joined July 2???? NOTZ FAIRZ!!!!! :p

Anyway, solid suggestions. I care more about the level requirements thing, so as to prevent leeching and powerleveling like you, just a personal view. SoG was an added "oh hai there" moment for me.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 03:24 PM
How about a "Shield of a Different Color" that changes color the more plat you buy?

Moogerfooger
04-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Moog, for someone who doesn't want to spend any more brain cells on this, you sure are discussing it an awful lot :p

Well, the three remaining brain cells are kinda stubborn....damn them.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, the three remaining brain cells are kinda stubborn....damn them.

I don't think your boss will be too happy is you waste those last three on this ;)

dballah
04-25-2011, 03:31 PM
We need to face the fact that no matter what the devs do, not everybody will be happy. The best they can do now is leave the matter, and stop trying to satisfy everyone. It simply cant be done, all they can do is say "next time this wont happen".

FluffNStuff
04-25-2011, 03:31 PM

I personally prefer a seven percent solution, but only when the timing is right.

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 03:34 PM
How about a "Shield of a Different Color" that changes color the more plat you buy?

That would be cool, and the people who bought the most can have rainbow or something

Yvonnel
04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I think that it's funny everyone arguing over a gift from the devs. Man everyone seems to be ungrateful. They didn't have to do anything. Everyone keep complaining. Complain enough and they might even quit listening to us. I for one don't want that to happen. I don't know if its my age or the fact that I seem to have a very different outlook to life but, Good Lord give it a rest already. Enjoy the game like you used to. It doesn't make sense that everyone is complaining about free stuff.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Just make sure that the more plat you spend, the better the stats on the shield you get.

/sarcasm

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Lol, I guess I'll buy lots of plat then.

Hullukko
04-25-2011, 03:57 PM
The reward i got for having bought a good amount of plat and six months of daily gaming: gcd

Havent played since. Thank you very much. Hard to give a fcuk about some vanity drops. So sorry for those that still play but Im still disappointed in how things worked out.

But since Ive stuck around to see how things are going in the forums. I just cant help but wonder how is it possible to push out so many quite clearly poorly thought out moves in such a short amount time.

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Don't be a hater... Jk

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Lol, I guess I'll buy lots of plat then.

Yep, everyone knows that what makes a great game is the ability to buy your way up with cash.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
The reward i got for having bought a good amount of plat and six months of daily gaming: gcd

Havent played since. Thank you very much. Hard to give a fcuk about some vanity drops. So sorry for those that still play but Im still disappointed in how things worked out.

But since Ive stuck around to see how things are going in the forums. I just cant help but wonder how is it possible to push out so many quite clearly poorly thought out moves in such a short amount time.

Look at it from outside yourself. You basically said "I ragequitted over GCD but I still come to the forums to troll." Am I reading this wrong?

Yvonnel
04-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Nope that's what they posted.

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Yep, everyone knows that what makes a great game is the ability to buy your way up with cash.

The only bad thing is deciding, 500 plat or 1k plat? :)

Edit: posted this too late haha

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Look at it from outside yourself. You basically said "I ragequitted over GCD but I still come to the forums to troll." Am I reading this wrong?

Snake, since I've seen you say something similar to several people (including myself), I'm going to say this:

Some people may be unhappy with the game in its current state, but they stick around to see what develops and to try and give input in the hopes of it once again becoming the game they once loved. I don't think this should be too hard to understand, especially with a game that changes drastically on almost a daily basis.

FluffNStuff
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Just make sure that the more plat you spend, the better the stats on the shield you get.

/sarcasm

As long as the shield appearance changes based on the amount of plat you spent. And as an added bonus, the account password can be displayed on the most fancy shield to save hackers a little bit of time.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
As long as the shield appearance changes based on the amount of plat you spent. And as an added bonus, the account password can be displayed on the most fancy shield to save hackers a little bit of time.

Rofl. Didn't even think of that.

Snakespeare
Snake, since I've seen you say something similar to several people (including myself), I'm going to say this:

Some people may be unhappy with the game in its current state, but they stick around to see what develops and to try and give input in the hopes of it once again becoming the game they once loved. I don't think this should be too hard to understand, especially with a game that changes drastically on almost a daily basis.

OK, Les, but read the post. The guy is trolling, isn't he?

case in point: "how is it possible to push out so many quite clearly poorly thought out moves in such a short amount time"

Yvonnel

Yep. Great idea!

BTW: gratz on post 3,000 fluff

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 04:18 PM

It should also display other info, like money and plat so hackers can pick and choose

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
OK, Les, but read the post. The guy is trolling, isn't he?

case in point: "how is it possible to push out so many quite clearly poorly thought out moves in such a short amount time"

That's pretty much what most of have been saying. He just used a bit more rage than the rest of us.

Snakespeare
04-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Trolling ... you throw out a line and see if anything bites. Trolling on MBs ... you say something inflammatory using devices of speech that are intended to get a negative response and see if anyone bites.

eh... maybe I exagerated, then...

LADYHADASSA
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone have an ice pack? I have face palmed one two many times.....

As life has it giving things and taking them away, from stats to time needed for rewards. The changes such as this cause confusion, the older players will grumble silentley the youth wine constantley.

If you teach, people they get there way with temper tantrums then tantrums will continue and get worse. If i tell my child clean your room, and he throws a fit and i then go clean his room, he has learned this behavior is ok.

Thisngame is not any diffrent... Games have forever had rewards that others can not get because they where not there, these items make players unique. To give a shield with stats take them away including the specialtys already given, is somehow subject for an uproar. Of course others want the coveted items, the allure to remain in game and see what a player can earn is part of the appeal.

The shileds are the same catagory as the helmets just given recentley. Sure many want one especialy with the granted stats given and allowed to stay. But congrats to those who discovered pl in the first two months! :)

I can see the players view and the devs view the ones trying to balance all view points.

Could we please have a week of non contraversial changes? Lol

Just a view from the peanut gallery

Colborne
04-25-2011, 05:57 PM
If u guys are gonna give everyone shield of gratitude. Can u pls give helm to ppl that have been playing longer than six months. Cause I want to have something that not really everyone had. I've played this game religously since I found it. I didn't find it in first two months. But if the shield is going to everyone. Then the helm should go to the ppl who put their time in:)

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
If u guys are gonna give everyone shield of gratitude. Can u pls give helm to ppl that have been playing longer than six months. Cause I want to have something that not really everyone had. I've played this game religously since I found it. I didn't find it in first two months. But if the shield is going to everyone. Then the helm should go to the ppl who put their time in:)

Nah, why should anything make sense? :p

StompArtist
04-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Nah, why should anything make sense? :p

I have been called a noob a lot do I get a dunce hat?

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM

We so need dunce hats in PL, but they should be voted on by others and not removable by the person wearing it ;)

Ayc2000
04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Words should come out like noob and it should be giant, so people can show off their noobiness

LADYHADASSA
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM

Lol lol gives stomp a one of a kind dunce hat not only for withstanding being called a noob but for being funny about it...

:)

Whirlzap
04-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Just to state this but, anyone over level 53 automatically gets the shield, rigt? Is it the over 3 level limit? Well now it's anyone over level 28 o think.

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Just to state this but, anyone over level 53 automatically gets the shield, rigt? Is it the over 3 level limit? Well now it's anyone over level 28 o think.

Has nothing to do with level. You could have bought all the campaigns while still at a low level.

And you also could have reached lvl 53 without buying all the campaigns.

lilbyrdie
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Basically, it's a "I've spent real money on this game" shield. Before, it was obvious... anyone in a "13+ area" was a supporter. Now anyone off the main spine is. Or with this statless shield.

Maybe future "higher end" packs will come with a bonus random pink recipe drop? (e.g. the $50 and $80 packs.)

It's all just bonus stuff... we all made a decision to spend a certain amount of real $ on the game. Now some stuff is free. It probably wouldn't be if we hadn't done that to begin with. So we're not suddenly getting any less for our money.

Colborne
04-25-2011, 07:53 PM
We so need dunce hats in PL, but they should be voted on by others and not removable by the person wearing it ;)

Yesssss!!!! Awesome!!! Love it.

Htiek
04-25-2011, 10:55 PM
i waiting they change the rule for founder helm, then i have chance to get it :D

Lesrider
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
i waiting they change the rule for founder helm, then i have chance to get it :D

That would require consistency.

Dark Avenger
04-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I still don't like this sheild since you guys changed it to vanity. I mean its cool and all but it has no stats at all and it just for show. The vanity helms at least have 1 armor on them. When you first put out the sheild it had 20 armor and was beast for my lower level bear, but then you changed it and it is now worthless. in order to get all of the maps I had to spend the 10 bucks to get 75 plat and now its free and you give us a crappy sheild that has no stats at all. 10 bucks wasted IMO. Can you guys pls make this thing have some kind of stats so I don't feel so ripped off?

Gluttony
04-26-2011, 10:38 AM
The devs really lowered the bar for the shield, guess that's why everyone has one. 30 plat seems like nothing to me; wasn't the Alien Oasis Bundle over 30 plat alone? Well guess the devs are trying to please everyone with this change, but still there are people who find a way to complain.

Seems the community outrage caused the devs to reconsider their position once again. Guess this means it's time to show your discontent about the founders helm. Let the crying commence.

Edit: I actually think the addition of vanity helms/shields is a pretty nice idea (perhaps I'm a bit biased since I did receive both the helm and shield). I hope the devs make note of this incident and take that into consideration for future items that are added to the vanity family.

noobmigo
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
I actually am sort of fuming.
I got my shield.
But the devs are trying TOO hard to please everyone. The part about making a business is making your own choices. The devs listen TOO much to what the players say. They factor that in TOO much. Way TOO much for their own good. I think sometimes, that might be their undoing. :(

My sad two cents.

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:05 AM
They just want the best for everyone... They want people to enjoy the game, which I understand. Too bad the game is full of little WHINERS.

Lesrider
04-26-2011, 11:08 AM
They just want the best for everyone... They want people to enjoy the game, which I understand. Too bad the game is full of little WHINERS.

Are you whining about the original whiners or the whiners who are whining about the whiners? ;)

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Are you whining about the original whiners or the whiners who are whining about the whiners? ;)

The original whiners. I'm whining about the original whiners too :)

Lesrider
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
The original whiners. I'm whining about the original whiners too :)

Lol good. Gotta make a strong distinction between the different types of whiners!

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Lol good. Gotta make a strong distinction between the different types of whiners!

Haha yep. Don't worry, I won't whine about you, Les. You're too cool.

Lesrider
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Haha yep. Don't worry, I won't whine about you, Les. You're too cool.

Nah, I didn't know what "stoof" is :(

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Nah, I didn't know what "stoof" is :(

Phr33 st00f pl0x?

Lesrider
04-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Phr33 st00f pl0x?

You're just too cool for me!

Rare
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Regarding the shield only, I think it makes complete sense. The idea is to thank people that supported PL. Whether you bought the maps or not is of little consequence. You support PL by buying the platinum. What you use it on isn't important.

Makes sense to me.

Bobloblaw
04-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Regarding the shield only, I think it makes complete sense. The idea is to thank people that supported PL. Whether you bought the maps or not is of little consequence. You support PL by buying the platinum. What you use it on isn't important.

Makes sense to me.

QFT

I couldn't agree more. If people need the pixels to feel elitist then I'm sorry for you. The name of the item is Shield of Gratitude and this item/gesture by STS is just their way of saying thanks. I really don't understand why anyone could be angry over this.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-26-2011, 03:14 PM
that will definitely make a lot of people happy thanks you a lot PL

noneo
04-26-2011, 03:45 PM
EGAD Batman! We are still debating this?

First of all, to everyone that purchased all the map packs before the shield of gratitude came out: none of you purchased plat and the map packs hoping that, "One day the devs will give us a special shield to thank us for paying for a game that we love to play." You all purchased the map packs with no reward/gift in mind other than having fun playing the game in other surroundings, and leveling up.

Now you are getting angry that the devs gave us a FREE shield of GRATITUDE? (ya'll seeming pretty grateful about this shield :p) (of which the devs did NOT have to spend their time making for us, they did because they are awesome) It just doesn't make sense to me. Be happy for what you received, and be happy for others that they can join in on the fun, and be part of the group :)

Lesrider
04-26-2011, 05:47 PM
EGAD Batman! We are still debating this?

First of all, to everyone that purchased all the map packs before the shield of gratitude came out: none of you purchased plat and the map packs hoping that, "One day the devs will give us a special shield to thank us for paying for a game that we love to play." You all purchased the map packs with no reward/gift in mind other than having fun playing the game in other surroundings, and leveling up.

Now you are getting angry that the devs gave us a FREE shield of GRATITUDE? (ya'll seeming pretty grateful about this shield :p) (of which the devs did NOT have to spend their time making for us, they did because they are awesome) It just doesn't make sense to me. Be happy for what you received, and be happy for others that they can join in on the fun, and be part of the group :)

Same thing could be said for the Founder's Helm, but the "founders" all threw a hissy fit when the devs tried to make it less exclusive. They didn't join in April/May expecting a gift a year later. But they're allowed to throw a fit and keep their exclusive helm (with stats, mind you). But those of us who got a shield that has no stats and offers nothing but for looks (not even all that amazing anyway), aren't allowed to be annoyed when it's given to even more people? It should have been kept for the original intention, just like the helm.

Wolfling
04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Same thing could be said for the Founder's Helm, but the "founders" all threw a hissy fit when the devs tried to make it less exclusive. They didn't join in April/May expecting a gift a year later. But they're allowed to throw a fit and keep their exclusive helm (with stats, mind you). But those of us who got a shield that has no stats and offers nothing but for looks (not even all that amazing anyway), aren't allowed to be annoyed when it's given to even more people? It should have been kept for the original intention, just like the helm.

sounds to me like somebody wishes they joined in april/may...;) jk.

superglut2
04-26-2011, 06:21 PM

Lol agreed.

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Y'know... I think there's just a bit of exageration going on here. I don't really see any whining, complaining, or any of that in this thread. Maybe I am wearing my rose-colored glasses today, but people seem fairly level-headed in their feedback. And it's mostly consistent stuff. Some are saying that the changing of minds so much bothers them. Some are saying that it's cool with them. Some want to know what the other rewards will be. But nothing really comes off, from my point of view, as harsh or angry or threatening to ragequit or anything like that.

I think the thread has been, for the most part, very civil, actually.

Wolfling
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Y'know... I think there's just a bit of exageration going on here. I don't really see any whining, complaining, or any of that in this thread. Maybe I am wearing my rose-colored glasses today, but people seem fairly level-headed in their feedback. And it's mostly consistent stuff. Some are saying that the changing of minds so much bothers them. Some are saying that it's cool with them. Some want to know what the other rewards will be. But nothing really comes off, from my point of view, as harsh or angry or threatening to ragequit or anything like that.

I think the thread has been, for the most part, very civil, actually.

that's because we're all wearing our "big boy" shorts! ;) yay!!! ( sorry, couldn't help myself :p)

tarman
04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
what happened to the shield we got a week or so ago for those of us that bought all the maps before the update? that is missing from my stash! I purchased 800 Platinum about 2 months ago and I don't see the NEW shield in my stash either. I guess I just keep on playing and giving Pinks & Purples away to those of a lower level that can use them for classes that I am not. Both shields would be cool to have even though I wouldn't use them. Still nice to look at once and a while. There is no need to please everyone.

I believe the people that adopted this game in the first 2 months should get the helm - with great stats - and everyone else should envy them. I would like my 2 shields though.

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
what happened to the shield we got a week or so ago for those of us that bought all the maps before the update? that is missing from my stash! I purchased 800 Platinum about 2 months ago and I don't see the NEW shield in my stash either. I guess I just keep on playing and giving Pinks & Purples away to those of a lower level that can use them for classes that I am not. Both shields would be cool to have even though I wouldn't use them. Still nice to look at once and a while. There is no need to please everyone.

I believe the people that adopted this game in the first 2 months should get the helm - with great stats - and everyone else should envy them. I would like my 2 shields though.

There is no new shield. Just that first shield of Gratitude.

tarman
04-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Well, I didn't sell it and somehow mine is missing. :(

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, I didn't sell it and somehow mine is missing. :(

You can't sell it :) Maybe you just put it on another character by mistake. And if you're looking in the regular shield tab, look in the OTHER shield tab for vanity. The shield won't go in the tab with all your other shields.

zoeyelf
04-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Is it possible that 1 person to get 3 shields of gratitude? Because someone told me he has 3 of it

Ladylove
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Is it possible that 1 person to get 3 shields of gratitude? Because someone told me he has 3 of it

That's strange :/ he'd have to have three separate email accounts with PL accounts.

Beanmachine
04-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Now its time to add some armor onto vanity shields;)

Apostar
04-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd like to weigh in on this subject too. I took my time to read every reply before replying myself. All these decisions without input is causing chaos. The SoG was at first and foremost a reward for those of us who bought all the main spines; and this was because they were going to make them free for a short period of time. It the developers way of compensating those of us who bought them. Let's just say the great equallizer. But then the decison to just make it a vanity item with no stats whatsoever. As Lesrider, has said what's so special about it now. There has to be some aspect of decision making that just doesn't change with the direction of the wind. Those (and this is not intended to be directed at anyone) who say we bought the maps without knowing that there would be a reward for it coming; also have to realize that we didn't know that someday they would be free too. I've been playing since late september, early october; so I would have fallen within the 6 months to have had the helmet also. This is becoming frustrating at best. Why can't you say what you mean; and mean what you say without going back on your decisions. So many are right, when they say what can I expect tomorrow. Don't get me wrong love playing the game, but these decisions are becoming dishearting. You have to quit getting our expectations up by saying one thing and then changing it within a 24-48 hour period. In the best interest of PL and game play on our behalf please think it through before making it public and having more of these types of reactions. It's just getting old. Suggestion: Get a group of forum members and IG players and bounce these ideas off them. Your still the ultimate decisionmakers

Glauk
04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm so sick of people complaining about everything in this game. Listen, get it through your skulls and let it sit in your brain for a bit. You are not entitled to anything in this game including your account that you paid into...if you don't believe me read the license agreement it can be stripped from you at anytime. These items the DEVs have given out are gifts not entitlements! They made the freaking game...they can do whatever they want with it. If you don't like it, you can either stop playing the game or just sit back and have fun playing the game. It's not about how unique you think your toon is, cause trust me, it's not, at some point you will run into your twin. Just because you spent a boat load of time playing or spent your money on plat doesn't entitle you to anything but what you already have and what you received. So please, just shut it and play the freaking game...

CelticStyle
04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Agreed.
If you get shield of gratitude,
You are entitled.
If you don't get shield of gratitude,
You are not entitled.
Simple as that.
You complain about it.
It complains about you.
Lmao.
Spending your cash on games are basically Donations.
Donations let's you have privileges,items,and features in the game.
Expect nothing more and be happy :P