PDA

View Full Version : Server merge

asommers
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Next week (possibly earlier), we will be shutting down Fnord. All characters on Fnord will move to Alterra. If your Fnord character doesn't have a name conflict with existing Alterra characters, you will get to keep the name. If your character does have a name conflict, we will rename your character to Fnord-Charactername and you will receive a free character rename.

-ALS

Royce
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
What happens if I have 2 characters on Fnord, but also already have 2 characters on Alterra?

Royce
05-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Also, will stash merge?

Distinct
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Great news!

More players, more dungeons, more trading, more PvP.

More is good.

However, as far as lag goes, less is good. Infact less is great.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Yes... What happens if we have a character on fnord? I have three characters on Alterra already...

asommers
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
You will have all of your characters on Alterra.

-ALS

Infamous-D
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Awsome news excited to see more chars on alterra :D to all u Fnord ppl out there if yur look for sum1 to pvp or do campaigns with on Alterra then add me up om always on my battle archer lvl 35 his name is WARRACHER add me up lookin forward to seein sum new ppl on the alterra server hopefully no spammers ;)

Proud LEGENDS member:D

flaimdude
05-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Interesting.

Really, that's all I have to say lol. I have one account on Fnord that's a lvl 1 and that I never go on, just to save my name on that server.

asommers
05-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Also, will stash merge?

Yes.

-ALS

PvP
05-26-2010, 04:45 PM
This will definitely help the growth of the game, in many ways.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM

-ALS

Awesome!!!
Thank you! Thank you!

Ogediah
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I think this was a good idea. Although I generally liked fnord people more, the two servers had no real purpose and split the community.

*excitement builds*

Royce
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM

-ALS

Yes.

-ALS

Thanks. I still have a couple more questions :) Just want to make sure I'm prepared. Will respec's merge? I currently have 2 shared between my Fnord characters, and 5 for my Alterra characters. After the merge will I have 7, or should I use the 2 I have in Fnord? Also, will things like stash slots merge? I bought 75 in Fnord, and also bought 75 in Alterra. Will I have 150 extra slots after the merge? Thanks.

flaimdude
05-26-2010, 05:45 PM
So then is there even gonna be a server list or is it just gonna be Alterra? (I joined after Fnord was up)

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
This is gonna be quite the meeting. I'm excited.

asommers
05-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks. I still have a couple more questions :) Just want to make sure I'm prepared. Will respec's merge? I currently have 2 shared between my Fnord characters, and 5 for my Alterra characters. After the merge will I have 7, or should I use the 2 I have in Fnord? Also, will things like stash slots merge? I bought 75 in Fnord, and also bought 75 in Alterra. Will I have 150 extra slots after the merge? Thanks.

Whatever seems most logical and fair is what we will do.

-ALS

asommers
05-26-2010, 05:54 PM
So then is there even gonna be a server list or is it just gonna be Alterra? (I joined after Fnord was up)

There will still be a server list, but it will only show Alterra after the merge.

-ALS

Ogediah
05-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Whatever seems most logical and fair is what we will do.

-ALS
EVERYTHING should transfer and be compiled on that server after the merge. This is the simplest fairest way to do it I think.

King Richie
05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
i can see how this will help but i honestly cant see how it will make a big difference .. at most fnord has 40-50 ppl online so like wow alterra will now have 400 =)

Untill it gets back to the good old days of 1200 online il still want more =)

Ogediah
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
i can see how this will help but i honestly cant see how it will make a big difference .. at most fnord has 40-50 ppl online so like wow alterra will now have 400 =)

Untill it gets back to the good old days of 1200 online il still want more =)

We used to have alot more. I think things have slowed down as the game came off the top in the AppStore.... For both servers. Truthfully I think fnord has a higher percentage of higher level characters because we are a smaller community, I could be wrong though. Either way I happy for the merge.

Kirei
05-26-2010, 07:30 PM
if the stash is going to merge, what happens if i have 5 items in both of my stashes?

Aerospacegod
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
So if you have 3 characters on both servers you now get to have 6? x_X

I got to think of some more names just in case lol

Esus
05-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I welcome you players from Fnord, if you ever see me in game say hi.

Jaxan
05-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Woohoo! Thanx a bunch for this! But what am I gonna do with 3 lvl 35 bears now... Int Bear? Yikes!

Gunny
05-27-2010, 05:31 AM
yes the best news for me as fnord lord^^ the server on fnord looks like the death valley......thx thx thx....ppl we coming xD

Futumsh
05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Everything will merge additively, and will do so as though you had an account on both realms even if you didn't. That means everyone that started before the merge occurs will have at least 4 character slots (plus any amounts purchased on either realm), at least 10 stash slots (plus purchased), sum of respecs available, and all characters, inventory, friends, ignores, stashed items, etc from both realms.

Ogediah
05-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Everything will merge additively, and will do so as though you had an account on both realms even if you didn't. That means everyone that started before the merge occurs will have at least 4 character slots (plus any amounts purchased on either realm), at least 10 stash slots (plus purchased), sum of respecs available, and all characters, inventory, friends, ignores, stashed items, etc from both realms.

Wonderful. Thank you!

LedStyle
05-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I hope you guys give a "name change" to both characters. Or something like that. I have 2 characters with the same name in Alterra and Fnord, but my primary is at Fnord. I would love to keep my name in the Fnord character and change tha Alterra character name.

Tks

Jaxan
05-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I hope you guys give a "name change" to both characters. Or something like that. I have 2 characters with the same name in Alterra and Fnord, but my primary is at Fnord. I would love to keep my name in the Fnord character and change tha Alterra character name.

Tks

I was thinking same thing, but didn't want to sound too greedy... lol Already very happy with merge.

Royce
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
This is exciting. Worlds are about to collide. Frontiersmen (and women) are being bussed en masse to the big city at this very moment. Will they be overwhelmed by towns with actual populations? Will they be shocked by the relatively cold, less hospitable atmosphere of Alterra? Will they be frozen with indecision when faced with more than 1 possible game to join?

I do wish I had known this would happen so soon. Would have liked to have one last hurrah in Fnord.

King Richie
05-27-2010, 12:31 PM
man there is like 50 ppl in fnord lol

Ogediah
05-27-2010, 12:33 PM
This is exciting. Worlds are about to collide. Frontiersmen (and women) are being bussed en masse to the big city at this very moment. Will they be overwhelmed by towns with actual populations? Will they be shocked by the relatively cold, less hospitable atmosphere of Alterra? Will they be frozen with indecision when faced with more than 1 possible game to join?

I do wish I had known this would happen so soon. Would have liked to have one last hurrah in Fnord.

LMAO.

I feel similarly, but I can't complain that progress is being made so quickly :)

Ogediah
05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
man there is like 50 ppl in fnord lol

thats no registered users :) We used to be much more active.

On the other side, It is supposed to help us from getting bored and not being able to find games i think.

I will miss you Fnord!!! RIP.

Alarion
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Let's hope in a few months they need to put back up a few servers... :)

naedesu
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM

Hahah--you captured my mixed sentiments, Royce! I have only been playing two days but Fnord is all I know.

I am making the journey to Alterra too...farewell my beloved Fnord! You have done me well, serving as a perfect training grounds in my youth. Now, onwards to team up with new comrades and tackle our next adventure!!!

Treebeardtwo
05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
i had my origional character in Alterra, but then i decided to go to Fnord. I found it way easier to play in Fnord, liked it a lot better too. But i still wanted a way to get my two characters from Fnord into Alterra just because of the population difference. Now here it is, im still greatful. GREAT JOB DEV TEAM!!!!!

Rest In Peace
Fnord

madjai
05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
All chars r gone off both servers

Kirei
05-27-2010, 07:20 PM
:( im gonna miss fnord, its where i grew uo, my aunt still lives there :'( im gonna miss you too aunt Frogmar
R.I.P. Fnord

Dearkhart
05-27-2010, 10:29 PM
How do you go about doing the free name change?

Spudboy
05-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Hmm, never seen a second server beyond Alterra. This whole thread makes me nervous and fearful.

Royce
05-28-2010, 12:19 AM
How do you go about doing the free name change?

Just go to the character change area, and press the "change name (50p)" button. You won't be charged if you have a "-fnord" name.

asommers
05-28-2010, 06:53 AM
All chars r gone off both servers

Just select Alterra. You have to log in for the first time for the client to know about your existing characters.

-ALS

Dearkhart
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Just go to the character change area, and press the "change name (50p)" button. You won't be charged if you have a "-fnord" name.

I tried that but it won't let me delete any letters or make any adjustments

asommers
05-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I tried that but it won't let me delete any letters or make any adjustments

Try to Select All, and then press Delete.

-ALS