PDA

View Full Version : Show as offline

Josephjackson
04-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Hello,

From my experiance, being a high level makes you a target. I now respond to the countless random freind requests with ignores and have taken people off freinds.

I will gladly teach anyone everything I know.. Btw.. Physiologic love your posts.. .... But the costant nagging for gold and leveling has crossed into harassment from my point of view.

There are various ways this could be approached... I just wish my character could be shown as offline except for certain people I choose.

Thanks.. And as always, constructive feed back welcomed.. Nothing else plz :)

Piosidon
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
If you are always offline to some people what's the point of friends

Josephjackson
04-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Read the last part, shown as offline.. Except to certain people....... So in other words... You could be seen as offline by default, but certain people (ie. Freinds) could see you as online. I want to ignore all by default haha

JaytB
04-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Hello,

From my experiance, being a high level makes you a target. I now respond to the countless random freind requests with ignores and have taken people off freinds.

I will gladly teach anyone everything I know.. Btw.. Physiologic love your posts.. .... But the costant nagging for gold and leveling has crossed into harassment from my point of view.

There are various ways this could be approached... I just wish my character could be shown as offline except for certain people I choose.

Thanks.. And as always, constructive feed back welcomed.. Nothing else plz :)

I definitely like the idea of some sort of offline/away indicator. As for the whining, I use my mental ignore button :)

Ellyidol
04-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Although it seems a really good idea (it definitely is useful for IM type of apps/programs), ALS made perfect sense here :

It's an understandable suggestion, but a little weird compared to other instant messaging or social network applications. Here, your status would say offline, but other players would be able to see you in game. I don't want CS tickets that say:

"my friend's status says offline, but he's standing right next to me!"

-ALS

JaytB
04-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Although it seems a really good idea (it definitely is useful for IM type of apps/programs), ALS made perfect sense here :

Although that makes perfect sense, wouldn't you like so have a way that people could tell that you are away for a moment? How about some type of auto reply message? I'm honestly happy with the system as it is, but would like to have a way to let people know I'm AFK, so I don't get people asking me why I ignored them earlier.

I often just stand around cs while working, logging off/on to check prices is just to time consuming IMO. But, as said, to me it's just a nice-to-have feature, nothing more.

Ellyidol
04-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Although that makes perfect sense, wouldn't you like so have a way that people could tell that you are away for a moment? How about some type of auto reply message? I'm honestly happy with the system as it is, but would like to have a way to let people know I'm AFK, so I don't get people asking me why I ignored them earlier.

I often just stand around cs while working, logging off/on to check prices is just to time consuming IMO. But, as said, to me it's just a nice-to-have feature, nothing more.

I agree, some sort of indication showing you are busy or AFK would be convenient. Probably not offline, for the reason ALS gave, but I think a "Busy" or "AFK" status beside your name on your friend list could work. :p

Josephjackson
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Ellyidol, I like all your posts ive seen... Where did u quote als from? ... Good point btw.

Ellyidol
04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Ellyidol, I like all your posts ive seen... Where did u quote als from? ... Good point btw.

It was from an older thread on this same topic, I remembered he said something about it so I dug it up, one sec looking for it.

Found it! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24226-Offline-Online-Busy-Status