PDA

View Full Version : "Noob".

Pandamoni
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
I was just imagining how ridiculous and hilarious it would be if when I get mad at people in real life I shouted "NOOB" at them really angrily. In fact, when people do this in game I imagine them like an angry Cartman. It made me imagine my boss' face after I scream NOOB the next time he tells me I need to stay late.

If you do call people names in game why do you do it? It's kind of a strange phenomenon I don't quite get.

Zeus
04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I was just imagining how ridiculous and hilarious it would be if when I get mad at people in real life I shouted "NOOB" at them really angrily. In fact, when people do this in game I imagine them like an angry Cartman. I just read a thread talking about someone calling someone else a noob about a CS price and it made me imagine my boss' face after I scream NOOB the next time he tells me I need to stay late.

If you do call people names in game why do you do it? It's kind of a strange phenomenon I don't quite get.

Idk, lol. When I came from runescape. I was used to calling people noobs. Then when I came here, I noticed the entire aggressive community was suddenly gone and it felt REALLY nice. Didn't really find much reasons to insult people :D.

Kossi
04-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Solvok does that to me!!!
Hes such a minecrackhead

skavenger216
04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Because people think the anonymity of the internet is a shield. Trust me, a majority if people who are rude and abusive in game aren't like that in real-life, I would like to think that if they talked like that to anyone in real life like that they would get the crap kicked out of them!

Kossi
04-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Dont you mean "they would get the c*** booted out of them"?

skavenger216
04-25-2011, 08:17 PM
No I meant what I put. Is "crap" not allowed or something? If it is, I was unaware.

LADYHADASSA
04-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Rofl i hear the word noob everyplace, the way people use it and the tone makes all the diffrence, but niib is simpke for a noobie player. 9 times out of tem people that use this word in game use it when they loose a fight, die in maps, of course a majority of time this is due to poor sportmans ship and the inability to accept any blame. We all hear constant its lag, or noob mage or noob tank or noob bird, but never that players distaction or inability to play the game.

Noob has been used in funny terms as well, i personaly have been distracted or having a bad game day and have called myself a noob.

This term is all in how another player takes it.

davidis57
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Replace noob with Kung-fu.

karmakali
04-25-2011, 11:21 PM
I prefer to call people penguins ;)
Hijacked!

CanonicalKoi
04-26-2011, 12:56 AM
I prefer to call people penguins ;)
Hijacked!

*furthers hijack* My latest baby bird *is* a penguin. He'll be flattered you recognize him.

Sky../
04-26-2011, 01:03 AM
I love penguins. They look so formal.

Pandamoni
04-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Penguins ftw!

Lol!