PDA

View Full Version : High lvl "pr0s" dying @ low dungeons

dudetus
04-26-2011, 06:30 AM
So, I was today a bit bored in PL so I decided to go into a low dungeon instead of constant farming @ Baleforst Sewers. I scrolled the game list and saw a lvl50 alone @ Darkwood. So I joined the game and then I witnessed something rather odd Imo. THIS LVL 50 PROTURD DIED @ DARKWOOD :D:DSJDJFJSKKF. After I lol'd for a few minutes I seriously asked him how did he manage that and surprisingly he wasn't even afk and he answered me: "lag". After a few minute lol (again) he left :(.. For me it just seems that some ppl just can't do it :D

So come on over here and share ur story of high lvl getting owned by darkwood or some else not-so-hard-to-beat dungeon :) !

dudetus
04-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Oh dang sry for repost my galaxy s lagged dont mind it

Zipponator
04-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Lol I thought I was having dejavu :()

Slush
04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Darkwood? You mean Wyldwood? I tried rushing Lost Expedition on my bird, but the yeti's attacks keep you in place, so I died there lol.

NeoQueen
04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I think it really depends on what character u have and how low u go. A bird, no offense, but I have no faith in to solo without, at least, almost dying in some areas. But as a Mage, even if health somehow gets low u can heal...a tank... No doubt could go all the way with all that armor.

CanonicalKoi
04-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Was playing a FH dungeon with my baby mage and had a level 19 STR bird pop in. He decided to go straight for the boss, by-passing the group I was in. Whatever. I watch his health....down....down...ah, sucked a pot....down again....oops! Dead. The only other one was a friend in a closed game in DF. He took off his armor and weapon and attempted to run the map. Let's just say streaking birds don't last long. ;) I still tease him about that...

Death by lag does happen. I've had it happen, luckily not in a low-level area.

azulflame
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I had a death by lag in the bone king (FH12). Ping hit 1 mil, then returned. Power knocked out wifi, but I thought I was on 3g. Came back w/ a 1,500,000 ping value, dead. Thank God I was soloing.

That was with my 43 mage, on the crystal skull quest I never got around to doing.

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
I had a death by lag in the bone king (FH12). Ping hit 1 mil, then returned. Power knocked out wifi, but I thought I was on 3g. Came back w/ a 1,500,000 ping value, dead. Thank God I was soloing.

That was with my 43 mage, on the crystal skull quest I never got around to doing.

Ping can't hit 1 mil... Maximum ping before disconnection is 120k plus a few more.

azulflame
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
My wifi and android are set up to persist in connecting, and not stop until connection is made and load is complete. Also known as no timeout

Leiver
04-26-2011, 12:16 PM
My wifi and android are set up to persist in connecting, and not stop until connection is made and load is complete. Also known as no timeout

1.5 mill ping would mean you were trying to connect for 25 mins? I would have gone and watched some TV or something way before that tbh

xRaNdU
04-26-2011, 02:01 PM
This has happened to me a few times, had my 45 farming hp4, and when im at work I lag sometimes, and level 15s join and I die due to the lag. I use a platinum so I dont get ashmed when I walk by them lol.

lilbyrdie
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
My max ping is 60k.

azulflame
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
1.5 mill ping would mean you were trying to connect for 25 mins? I would have gone and watched some TV or something way before that tbh

Power was out

Wolfling
04-26-2011, 05:17 PM
on my 51 mage... i dont even have to use the lag excuse.... my next door neighbor could hiccup and she croaks;) and now that you factor in GCD ( no more area nuke combos) it's even worse ;P however on my tank, the lowest level i have died on ( without going afk), is ao1. i can leave wolf standing in dark forest or fathom and go afk for an hour and hell still be standing there...

Gaddy
04-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Meh... So what?

Every once in a great while I get pwned in Plasma Pyramid, and I'm 55/full Raid. You get a couple of mobs backed up, make a small mistake, a little too slow spamming pots... and wham-o!

Then you move on. End of story.

Beanmachine
04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
So what if high levels die in lower dungeons? I was lagging, pressed lock button on my itouch and couldn'tget the screen to turn on for 15 sec. What d'ya know, I died.

Zeusofire
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Ive tried to die in a low level map... But I cant lol

Mothwing
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
this post is completely uneeded. please lock this. players can sometimes be doing something else you know...like clean their rooms then come back...no need to post this man...

Mothwing
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I will say this again, LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE DEVS!!!

Mothwing
04-26-2011, 10:23 PM
I feel bad for the guy youre 'loling' about. so what if he had lag....u never have?

Greyhorse
04-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Word. *nods*

masterx3
04-27-2011, 06:28 AM
LOLOL that was funny, whats the player name?

dudetus
04-27-2011, 09:43 AM
this post is completely uneeded. please lock this. players can sometimes be doing something else you know...like clean their rooms then come back...no need to post this man...

Srsly chill out a bit ^^ . For me it's fun to c when high lvl players die @ low dungeons. And my friends think so too and a few more (appareantly) over here think so as well. I ofc lag sometimes but @ low dungeons it can't be the only explenation since low dungeon enemies can do only a little scratch to high lvl armor. And why on earth would some1 be so erregant to clean his room without going first out from a dungeon? That's like begging for to get killed and it can't be used as an explenation either.

I understand that u feel it's not funny but it's all about sense of humor. If u don't like it fine, but u still can't ask to lock this thread because YOU think it's not funny. Respect others sense of humor as well pls ^^.

dudetus
04-27-2011, 09:45 AM
LOLOL that was funny, whats the player name?

Sry, I don't give names ;)

Tengotengo
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
this thread doesn't need locking, as there's no names being bantied around.
I have a couple mules, but my playing characters are all 55 or 56. Since the GCD, I've stopped farming, as even my paladin couldn't solo PP without risking a death at some point. Since I converted her to dex, I'd be willing to say she'd have a hard time making it through swamps or expedition. As far as my bird? forget it. Unless I'm in full Drainers, I'm dead dead deadsky. On my BS hunts, I usually die 3-5 times in Drainers + wing + talon, and I get flattened in my almost complete sewer king gear. My gear is by in large not full elite, but that's no excuse as I play well and keep a constant skill spam going.

Pings being as they are, I'm not surprised at all about people getting smeared in low level dungeons. I bet there's been a few 40s that got killed by Meathead on fh4 because of ping or just laziness.

Fyrce
04-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Have playing styles changed that much w/ GCD?

I haven't played a lot since the changes, but I played my L24-L26 dex bear in LE and, while I had to adjust a little bit, it actually seemed easier, since things seemed to be slowed down a bit from before. I did notice I quickly, I stopped using some of my skills because doing combo skills and/or buffs/debuffs seemed more important. So I'd imagine after more play, there would probably be skills I would use a lot less or would only use in particular circumstances.

I've stood my INT mage in FH and DF and her regen is higher than these things can hit, so she could stand there forever or at least quite a while. I suppose for people using BS stuff, maybe they can switch to armor/dodge/hp regen items in lower level dungeons to better weather AFK/lag ...?

Deadsoldiers
04-27-2011, 03:02 PM
My friend fought in forest haven crypt of zombie king without shield and amour cause he wanted to show how "cool" he is then he wazched tv and forgot pl he was dead after a few minutes! I laughed all teh time

Sanatorium
04-27-2011, 03:13 PM
It happens to the best of us and yes, lag does sometimes affect you in a very big way because your ping can go up to 50K+.
So he probably wasn't lieing.
It happens, there's no need to make a thread about it making fun of him and calling the guy a bad player.
Either way as for me I hate Lost Expedition -.-.

dudetus
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
It happens to the best of us and yes, lag does sometimes affect you in a very big way because your ping can go up to 50K+.
So he probably wasn't lieing.
It happens, there's no need to make a thread about it making fun of him and calling the guy a bad player.
Either way as for me I hate Lost Expedition -.-.

The point of this thread wasn't only about how I tell my story but to tell YOUR OWN stories. I haven't even told this guys name so I think it's okay to laugh @ anonymous. And the lag.. How can u tell that lag can cause ur death @ a place like wyldwood? If u're over there with ur lvl 50 gear equipped u just can't die only because of lag. I mean it takes a bit more time to get killed over there than just lag.

And what comes to this threads' necessity I think the devs lock the threads which they consider either insulting or useless.

And srsly ppl chill out a bit it's only a thread..

azulflame
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I have also done that without lag. Ran naked through dark forest, tired as well, and silknight killed me. I did not use anything except a lvl 1 terror, a lvl 1 frostbite, and a lvl 1 ice storm. I died in under 30 seconds.

azulflame
04-27-2011, 04:22 PM
What is really funny is the 55's and 56's that think they can tank. I occasionally give out tanking tests, and I allowed a team - a bear and a birdie. I took them to the forbidden crypt, ran around naked trying to gather as much aggro as possijle

In case you do not know the rules, if I die, you fail. It does not matter if you doe, but I am not allowed to.die.

In less than 5 seconds, I gained double aggro from mages, and died, failing them. Less that ten seconds later, they died.

In my test, everyone dies. Who wants to take it? I will give u a pink if u are an immortal that tries it and finishes it, regaurdless of the outcome.

Mothwing
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Srsly chill out a bit ^^ . For me it's fun to c when high lvl players die @ low dungeons. And my friends think so too and a few more (appareantly) over here think so as well. I ofc lag sometimes but @ low dungeons it can't be the only explenation since low dungeon enemies can do only a little scratch to high lvl armor. And why on earth would some1 be so erregant to clean his room without going first out from a dungeon? That's like begging for to get killed and it can't be used as an explenation either.

I understand that u feel it's not funny but it's all about sense of humor. If u don't like it fine, but u still can't ask to lock this thread because YOU think it's not funny. Respect others sense of humor as well pls ^^.

then dont post this watch people die all you want

Mothwing
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
What is really funny is the 55's and 5's that think they can tank. I occasionally give out tanking tests, and I allowed a team - a bear and a birdie. I took them to the forbidden crypt, ran around naked trying to gather as much aggro as possijle

In case you do not know the rules, if I die, you fail. It does not matter if you doe, but I am not allowed to.die.

In less than 5 seconds, I gained double aggro from mages, and died, failing them. Less that ten seconds later, they died.

In my test, everyone dies. Who wants to take it? I will give u a pink if u are an immortal that tries it and finishes it, regaurdless of the outcome.

THIS is when it gets funny

azulflame
04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
wanna take it?

THIS is when it gets funny

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:45 PM
The point of this thread wasn't only about how I tell my story but to tell YOUR OWN stories. I haven't even told this guys name so I think it's okay to laugh @ anonymous. And the lag.. How can u tell that lag can cause ur death @ a place like wyldwood? If u're over there with ur lvl 50 gear equipped u just can't die only because of lag. I mean it takes a bit more time to get killed over there than just lag.

And what comes to this threads' necessity I think the devs lock the threads which they consider either insulting or useless.

And srsly ppl chill out a bit it's only a thread..

-.- laughs at how he still doent get the point. dude listen up. it doenst matter who it is youre making fun of it just matters that u are. just because youre level 50 does not mean you cant die. what are we gonna do crucify every lvl 50+ player for dying? hell NO. players die all the time. and like i said before, he couldve been looking away from his device for a few minutes and the lag overtook him. this is the last time im saying this and hopefully the devs will realize how stupid and useless this thread is. please lock..like now

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:47 PM
wanna take it?

hmmm.... u mean as sig quote! by all means. i havent been in a sig yet i would love the honor :p

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:48 PM
So, I was today a bit bored in PL so I decided to go into a low dungeon instead of constant farming @ Baleforst Sewers. I scrolled the game list and saw a lvl50 alone @ Darkwood. So I joined the game and then I witnessed something rather odd Imo. THIS LVL 50 PROTURD DIED @ DARKWOOD :D:DSJDJFJSKKF. After I lol'd for a few minutes I seriously asked him how did he manage that and surprisingly he wasn't even afk and he answered me: "lag". After a few minute lol (again) he left :(.. For me it just seems that some ppl just can't do it :D

So come on over here and share ur story <------- WTF???? of a high lvl getting owned by darkwood or some else not-so-hard-to-beat dungeon :) !

its like making fun of u for spelling balefort wrong, and saying darkwood, and all the other weird stuff in red...

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
why were u there anyway? if you think youre so good. i go there all the time and farm bad mojo and fire spirit

azulflame
04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
hmmm.... u mean as sig quote! by all means. i havent been in a sig yet i would love the honor :p

I meant to take the test. the tanking test. all levels welcome.

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:55 PM

actually, i can...

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
I meant to take the test. the tanking test. all levels welcome.

fyi im lvl 52, and im a mage...not much for tanking

azulflame
04-28-2011, 06:07 PM
So? A lvl 40 mage passed it

even used a staff

spookytooth
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Died on original low level goblin king with my 55 archer because of typing and was viscously laughed at by some friends. This doesnt leave the forums.

azulflame
04-29-2011, 12:04 AM
What doesn't. Leave the forums? (starts to whistle inconspicuously)

dudetus
04-29-2011, 05:38 AM
I was about to just leave this thread behind but since u still keep posting this thread it seems u still have something against me

"laughs how he still doesn't get the point"

There's no need to take this into personal level by questioning my capacity to understand "behind the letters". It just shows ur own lack of understanding. I'm not making fun of that certain guy but I'm making fun of the IDEA itself. And where did I say anything about judging those ppl who die?? Ur making false conclusions out of nowhere.

Marcoolio
04-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Like i play solo hidden ice gave and kill several times fridge by me...then i go FH and get 3-4 green monster ahead and laggggggg DIE!!!

If ur lvl56 and u get lagg u will die lower dungeons.. its funny and when i die lower i just laugh becouse its just a game :)

dudetus
04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
And I don't see similiarity between laughing at an IDEA of high lvl ppl dying at low dungeons and my mispelling.

Lemme explain why. Well yeah a lvl 50 is considered to be a "pro" player right? If we convert PL lvls into english skills this "lvl50" would be a guy whose mother tongue is english. Easy/medium chatting goes easily and with seldom mistakes in grammar and/or mispelling (read: easy/medium dungeons are a pushover so it's lvl >49).

As for me I've only learned english at school. And finnish and english have nothing in common but they r both languages.. And besides of that I've been taught also german and swedish and their grammar and words keep on taunting me when I'm writing english. So even easy/medium chat is always a challenge and mistakes both in grammar and words happen often (read: low/medium dungeons are a challenge so it's like a lvl20-25).

So if u could keep up with it ur argument failed since u just compared a lvl25 into a lvl50.

I feel this whole argument has been unnecessary but if u still want to argue about this matter don't take this thread again from the graves. PM me..