PDA

View Full Version : No more power leveling?

clonefoursix
04-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Man it stinks rlly becasue I want to lvl faster, so i tried to enter balefort sewers with a lvl 43 warrior (becasue i rlly want to lvl up fast), so I couldnt do tht and Elixirs cost plat! So rlly im disliking that.

j46g629h
04-26-2011, 08:39 AM
for your current level, you need to go to ao2 or 3 will level faster than in bs

Wicked Caccavari
04-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Crush Keeper was the fastest leveling I've seen.

Balefort Sewers isn't very quick unless you have a set group running it.

Major
04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Ya hit CTK till your 53 then Hideout in BS is best after that.

Sky../
04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Next time you attack a monster, stop and look at the name/healthbar of said monster. Look to the left of it, you will notice a colored circle. As long as the color is red, it gives you the maximum exp given by any monster (except boss). With that said, considering your level, ao3 and bS monsters will give you the same exp.

Ayrilana
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Why not play the game like it was meant to be? I'm not going to list all the reasons why I'm against power leveling since I've done it numerous times in other threads on the same topic. I'm glad it's gone and hope it never ever ever ever ever comes back!

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Level 43 is allowed in Crush the Keeper. There are many people still power leveling in there.

Ayrilana, they brought an end to leeching, not to power leveling. A player can always find some map with a red threat level, and buy leveling elixirs for plat. They just can't leech anymore.

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Why not play the game like it was meant to be? I'm not going to list all the reasons why I'm against power leveling since I've done it numerous times in other threads on the same topic. I'm glad it's gone and hope it never ever ever ever ever comes back!

+25 charm.

Duke
04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Right. 38-42 interested in power leveling should do AO2: Plasma Pyramid. 43-47 should do AO3: Crush the Keeper. At 48+, as long as you can hold your own, you can probably do the Sewers, though you may want to stick with CtK until 50 so you can equip better gear for survival, even if the XP rate is a little slower.

I suppose it's probably a good idea to come up with a comprehensive list of ideal leveling areas for power levelers, just to avoid having to go over this topic repeatedly.

48+ Balefort Sewers: Bandit Boy Hideout?
43-47 Alien Oasis 3: Crush the Keeper
38-42 Alien Oasis 2: Plasma Pyramid
33-37 Alien Oasis 1: ???
28-32 Ancient Swamps: Mardi Growl? Bayou Boss Brawl?
23-27 Lost Expedition: ???
18-22 Fathom Crypt: Mega Maze Mashup
13-17 Balefort Castle: ???
8-12 Dark Forest: ???
1-7 Forest Haven: Meathead's Deli?

Snakespeare
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't agree with the choice of maps, Duke, but you're right. We should target the finest XP farming areas for each level. I'd say it is based on 1.) greatest number of kills in the shortest time and 2.) most mobs without facing any bosses. A lot of time that works out to be the same. For instance, Balefort Castle III has a lot of mobs and the rooms even have mobs with no bosses, until you get to the last room where there is a ranged boss.

Duke
04-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't agree with the choice of maps, Duke, but you're right. We should target the finest XP farming areas for each level. I'd say it is based on 1.) greatest number of kills in the shortest time and 2.) most mobs without facing any bosses. A lot of time that works out to be the same. For instance, Balefort Castle III has a lot of mobs and the rooms even have mobs with no bosses, until you get to the last room where there is a ranged boss.

It's a lot easier to get feedback when you put up a strawman. :) As you may note, there are a lot of question marks in that list.

As for your guidelines, I'd say you're on the money. The drawback is that the maps with densely-packed mobs often have minibosses along the way, so they can run loggerheads at each other. I'd add the stipulation that this should be for main-path dungeons only. Alternate suggestions can be provided for those with the extra campaigns, but we should try to have a "core only" set.

The one's I'm fairly sure on, however, I think I can justify:

AO3: CtK - the definitive "power level" map. A high number of mobs, including the shadows which aren't counted in the "remaining" total, and minibosses are for the most part skippable.

AO2: PP - more bosses, but all in dead-end rooms, so they can be skipped. The djinns can slow you down, but I suppose you can just drag them past their tether if you're going for speed.

FC: MMM - Only one boss you have to get through, lots of mobs, easy for a good group to steamroll through.

FH: MD - All bosses are in dead-end rooms, and the hallway has a good density of trash mobs. I'd say it's better than Skeleton Cult Crypts because you don't have trolls to deal with. Regular levels are too spread out and unpopulated.

As for Balefort Castle, I like your suggestion of map 3, except that it is a bit spread out. Not sure if it's the best mob/time ratio. Still don't know offhand what would be better, though.

Zeus
04-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I for one love this. ;)

mejslll
04-26-2011, 10:15 PM
sorry for the dumb question but what is power leveling? is it when you fight in areas that are way above you head to get extra xp?

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 10:44 PM
sorry for the dumb question but what is power leveling? is it when you fight in areas that are way above you head to get extra xp?

Yep. Except a lot of people don't fight. They just walk behind a higher level player and leech xp while the higher level player kills everything.

Vallist
04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
where have you been o.o
jk dev stopped pwr lvl by adding lvl req
{ Woah look at those Abriviationssssss}

krullnan
04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
im not a big fan of power leveling. if you do that you dont really learn youre roll when ppl carry you through a level lol
like the 55 i saw today with like 4000 kills and 1000 deaths(not exact numbers but ball park)

Slush
04-27-2011, 03:36 AM
I reckon if someone knows the password, level requirements dont apply. Stops leeching and makes it easier for people trying to level up their low level mules.

davidis57
04-27-2011, 03:45 AM
No you still can't enter if you dont qualify.

Slush
04-27-2011, 03:47 AM
No you still can't enter if you dont qualify.

I know, it's a suggestion. -_-

Duke
04-27-2011, 06:31 AM
where have you been o.o
jk dev stopped pwr lvl by adding lvl req
{ Woah look at those Abriviationssssss}

Nonsense. It's still quite possible to power level, you just have to do it in lower-level dungeons. As long as you're in the highest-level campaign for which your character qualifies, you'll be gaining maximum XP per kill -- you don't have to play 20-30 above your level to get the maximum XP rate.

All the change does is prevent characters from being in areas way above their capabilities.

Fyrce
04-27-2011, 12:54 PM
The best way really is to Join Games in your appropriate level dungeons and find games with 4 players and join those. Start w/ ones near the beginning of the area's dungeon levels, because if a group is going well, you can follow that group through each dungeon level, unlocking them all and/or making new friends. Some of them will follow you around, giving you an instant full group, for at least your current play session.

mejslll
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
i can totally see why ppl would do that... it is the easy way out. in a way we have all done it but we fight as we are with higher level ppl.

but the key is we fight, and we get to learn cuz higher lvl players should be there to reienforce good behavior, and correct bad

but if you just lvl up that is really not the type of ppl i want to fight with.

Whirlzap
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
For 1-17 I basically was clueless and just joined random parties, and got to 17 eventually.
Then from 17-28 I had a few clues and actually started using elixirs at 25. I met two grinding buddies at that level and use three grinder form 30-50, from 40 on, I just did plasma straight till where I am now, 44

krullnan
04-27-2011, 11:41 PM
For 1-17 I basically was clueless and just joined random parties, and got to 17 eventually.
Then from 17-28 I had a few clues and actually started using elixirs at 25. I met two grinding buddies at that level and use three grinder form 30-50, from 40 on, I just did plasma straight till where I am now, 44getting a clue dosnt mean using elixirs lol i never do never will and know plenty pf great players who dont.

clonefoursix
04-28-2011, 04:36 AM
im not a big fan of power leveling. if you do that you dont really learn youre roll when ppl carry you through a level lol
like the 55 i saw today with like 4000 kills and 1000 deaths(not exact numbers but ball park)

But thing is I thought power lvling was when you join a group of players in a dungeon thts way above ur lvl and then play. I help out in the dungeon too. I don't just stand there and do nothing. And I unlocked almost all the ao Part III I just have to kill the overlord! Anyone wanna help? I'll be on periodically today add me clonefoursix

Barbamitsos
04-28-2011, 04:50 AM
But thing is I thought power lvling was when you join a group of players in a dungeon thts way above ur lvl and then play. I help out in the dungeon too. I don't just stand there and do nothing. And I unlocked almost all the ao Part III I just have to kill the overlord! Anyone wanna help? I'll be on periodically today add me clonefoursix

u cant help. Its like tryin to kill a 50 years old when ur 5 years old. IMPOSIBLE