PDA

View Full Version : voodoo gear?

wvhills
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey guys. I have a level 30 mage with her xp gain off. I've been farming swamps for quite a while and am decked out in all brainfreeze gear (I use the wand and yeti eyeball for greater spell damage and added armor). I wanted to eventually get all the voodoo gear (the one with the set bonus) but I notice you have to use a staff to have the set so my armor will go down a lot. I was fine with that until I saw the price of voodoo gear. I'm assuming this is because level 35 is a popular level to pvp.

My question is what is a cheaper alternative to voodoo gear? My goal is to get to level 35, turn xp off and farm AO1 for a while. Is there good gear (with a bracer) besides the voodoo set or should I just fork over the gold for it and resale when I'm through with it?

Riccits
04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
theres a mamboza voodoo fire pin (wand) and a voodoo doll. doll is very overpriced atm with 170k. i sold a lot for 50k some months before. the pin inst in shop atm, but was long time 30-40k max. dunno atm.
i would say u continue farm swamps for loots. when u farm a while may u loot those items or get loots in worth of the items u need.
the voodoo robe is 250-300k too the voodoo helm is always around 100k

wvhills
04-26-2011, 10:27 AM
do voodoo items drop from all bosses or just certain ones? I've been doing hag, ma croc, and pappy mostly and haven't seen any drop. :(
Do you farm alot of riccitwink? If so, is it ok if I add you on Imfrank? Riccits is friends with either my bird or bear, I can't remember which. Lol.
Thanks for the advice!

Riccits
04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
voodoo items drops better at boss brawl, and yes every boss can drop, but got a lot of dolls at pappy and co too, but at croc feud u get more new swamp pinks (c yanis list)
riccitwink is use to farm 30 swamp pinks. ya u can add me.
your welcome :)

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Lol don't farm those bosses for voodoo. You need to go to Bayou Boss Brawl from the real swamps campaign. I just had a robe drop from there a few days ago. That's where you get your voodoo.

wvhills
04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
cool, I'll add you! Thanks again! I can rush hag and ma solo with Imfrank (lvl 30) but pappy is a lot harder to get too. It'll be nice to get a group to do some runs to him.

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Mhm, but that isn't the right place to farm :)

wvhills
04-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks Ladylove! I didn't see your first post when I commented but I'll def start farming boss brawl, just not with my level 30. Lol. I'll bust my bird out!

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks Ladylove! I didn't see your first post when I commented but I'll def start farming boss brawl, just not with my level 30. Lol. I'll bust my bird out!

Haha no problem. Good idea :) Of course, you can always farm and level at the same time. The dungeon is level 30-35, perfect for your level 30 if you want to wear voodoo gear since voodoo is level 35.

wvhills
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I've gotten about 4000 kills since I turned level 30 and turned xp gain off. The idea was to farm level 30 pinks which are pricier than level 35. It just takes forever soloing. Lol.

azulflame
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Until you get your voodoo wand, use the dreamer's bony fire pin. Amazing stats, better than most 45 wands. They are relatively cheap (I got mine for 6k), and freakishly powerful for a lvl 35.

wvhills
04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Ok thanks! I think I have a purple one of those. :)