PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Ok, so as I am deciding and hoping to be a lawyer, I want to go to the right high school for it, because right now I'm in a school for mathematics, science, and computer engineering. I know lol, but there is another high school which also has a high rating (like the school I'm currently in) and it focuses on everything equally. I'm thinking that if I go to schools like these that treat English and Government as equally as math and science, the chances of me being a lawyer will greatly increase. Do you think I should switch schools for my sophomore year? (freshman year will end very soon)

need some pros and cons please if you think I should switch for my sake ;) :)

Ayc2000
04-26-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm going to high school next year and since I want to be a pharm. I'm going to a math and science school. I don't think that switching will necessarily help, because for a job, you look at a college, plus, switching schools is some times unsettling. On the other hand, colleges might look at your high school when your applying. If you really think that switching will be beneficial, then go for it!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm going to high school next year and since I want to be a pharm. I'm going to a math and science school. I don't think that switching will necessarily help, because for a job, you look at a college, plus, switching schools is some times unsettling. On the other hand, colleges might look at your high school when your applying. If you really think that switching will be beneficial, then go for it!

Well that's what I'm really wondering. Will there be any benefit for switching in the future? Meh :l

Arterra
04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
what KIND of lawyer?
have a aunt that is a patent lawyer, specifically computer and online copyrights.

before making big decisions, make sure to center yourself.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-26-2011, 07:31 PM
what KIND of lawyer?
have a aunt that is a patent lawyer, specifically computer and online copyrights.

before making big decisions, make sure to center yourself.

My first choice is criminal lawyers, ones that deal with criminals (of course)

Ayc2000
04-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Does you high school look at classes at the end of senior year for your diploma? If they do then moving is a good option, but if on the diploma, it just lists your college credits, then you might not want to move.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Does you high school look at classes at the end of senior year for your diploma? If they do then moving is a good option, but if on the diploma, it just lists your college credits, then you might not want to move.

Oh...I'm not certain of that yet. Ima ask my counselor...

Ayc2000
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Haha ok, my counselor beat that into us by telling us over and over again...it was so annoying.

FluffNStuff
04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Switching high schools because you might wabt to be a laayer is crazy. Switching high schools to one that is more broad because you have no clue what career you want is actually not a bad idea.

Arterra
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
maybe take it this way: what college do you want to get into? find out which school would help you get in that college more, then decide.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-26-2011, 08:20 PM
maybe take it this way: what college do you want to get into? find out which school would help you get in that college more, then decide.

Hmm, Do colleges really impact your diploma that much??

Kossi
04-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Whoa in middle school thinking about their very disyant and unprobable future??( 12/21/12)
Well im a sophomore and i want to do SOMETHING in the medical field
Like a cardiologist,,,pharmacist... Neurologist
But im in a medicine program so om all good $.$

Vallist
04-26-2011, 11:50 PM
if you want to be a good lawyer, study latin

FluffNStuff
04-27-2011, 08:41 AM
if you want to be a good lawyer, study latin

Also helps if you want to be a Gladiator.

Rusalio
04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
If your still in hs, look at hs tha have external programs and community ties. An hs without ties may not be as resourceful from a student education perspective.... Hs doesn't typically effect college decisions as college DOES effect job prospects. Be a kid and continue to watch for avenues along your education desire. This will all iron itself out in your second year of college. In the meantime it's not a bad idea to watch for opportunities where current hs engages in programs that potentially can cater to your desired direction.....

For petes sake, keep your Gpa up!!! That the only hs thing that does effect college

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Allright thanks guys :) so I'm assuming college is a very important aspect in my life. Hmm

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey people, I talked to my counselor about it, and I mentioned all the things about college and how it will impact my job in life. After some talking, even SHE decided that me changing schools would be better. Apparently last semester my English grade was better than my geometry grade, and I was in advanced English! ^^ (English - A, Geometry - B, but this semester it's an A :))